Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 24, 2009 1:17 PM

Oct 2008
Akayo was so awesomeeeeee. :D

But Naru-chan was even more awesome.

So going to start reading the manga. =O
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jan 5, 2010 9:13 PM

Jul 2009
magelet said:
Wow.... Am I really the only person who didn't like Naru's big to-do with the God? I mean, obviously I knew he had something up his sleeve, but really?? It just kind of felt overblown to me. :/
But aside from that, I thought this was a pretty nice little ending for an enjoyable series. 7 or 8 from me.
No, I definitely have some of the same feelings about that.

I agree with a lot that's been said here. They wrapped up the series nice enough so that I didn't feel cheated, but definitely left enough points open that I'd love to see a second season (though I'm highly doubting that). I was dying to see how they'd approach Mai and Naru's relationship and then they...didn't at all. It kind of surprised me, actually. (Even though if I had my way, I'd totally put Mai with Monk. I don't care if he's way older than her, he's freaking adorable! And sure does seem to care more about her than Naru XD)

I also loved Ayako's moment in the spotlight. It definitely seemed like they'd have to do it at some point, after having all the characters doubt her throughout the whole series. I thought it was very nice they put that in there :)

And like many others, I kind of liked the extreme creepiness of the previous arc. Though I definitely wouldn't have liked this series as much if every story was as scary as that. I'd be all frightened out and tired of it by the end.

Coming back to Naru's big moment...I was a little disappointed in it as well. I think I found his character much more intriguing when he was an intelligent, mysterious researcher than your run of the mill hero with superhuman powers. It just seemed unnecessary that he had to run in and save the day. I was assuming everyone was going to join their powers together (possibly Naru included) to defeat their final foe..but the actual ending didn't ruin it too much for me, honestly.

All in all I gave it a 9/10. It definitely wasn't my usual cup of tea, and even though I gave it such a high score doesn't really mean it's one of my favorite animes ever...but it sure did catch my attention. I think I watched the entire series in under 3 days. The art was beautiful as well, which is a huge plus for me (I unfortunately have a very hard time watching older or not so well made anime, regardless of the story or plot).

The characters also contributed a lot to my opinion overall...I'm in freaking love with Monk, Ayako was hilarious, John was adorable, and Yasuhara was very entertaining as well. This is an unusual occurrence for me, being that the two main characters were the ones I disliked the most...though that doesn't mean I hated them. Mai, though annoying at some times, was a refreshing change from the beautiful, powerful, perfect, Mary-Sue characters you see so often in anime. And even though Naru's personality grated on my nerves a lot of the time, at least he remained consistently abrasive and self-centered until the end (not counting Mai's dreams).

And that's all XD Wow, when I get rolling I certainly roll don't I o__o; Sorry about the walls of text!
Jan 10, 2010 7:05 PM

May 2009
First and foremost, I really enjoyed this series a lot. My only complaint is:

- Why didn't they reveal the true identity of the person in Mai's dreams?
- Why did Mai not confess her love to Naru?

That would have made this series a 10 in my opinion.
Feb 18, 2010 4:34 PM

Aug 2008
I thought Ayako kicked more ass than Naru in this ep. :3

This anime would have been so much better if Mai didn't whine about every single immoral thing. I still like her but she needs to stop overreacting. >.>
Feb 19, 2010 10:06 PM

Jul 2008
Great show~!

Now, time to pick up the manga. =D
Feb 20, 2010 2:36 AM

Dec 2009
Grand finale is indeed grand :o Monster freak show arc. There's zombie, monster, evil spirits etc

I hope the novel has completed and a translation is available! >< *cross fingers*
Mar 20, 2010 1:25 PM

Apr 2009
-sniff- It's over. A really good series, and I see that MAL shares this opinion xP

Naru being overpowered was pretty obvious to me, but what really surprised me was Ayako's five minutes. She finally proved she's competent.
Also, Bou-san's Big Damn Hero moment was absolutely awesome. (Didn't expect to like him so much when I was starting the series...)

I recently heard something about a second season, I'll go check it out...
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Mar 22, 2010 8:53 PM

Jul 2009
Is there a fourth page to this thread? Every time I click on the 4, it redirects me to page 1.
Mar 28, 2010 8:49 AM

Apr 2009
Yeah.. the same goes with me.. Hmm.. This thread needs to be exorcised! Can somebody call the SPR! ^_^
Apr 10, 2010 9:58 PM

Jan 2010
I loved the series... but the ending felt so open to me. I think it was because I really wanted something to happen with Mai and Naru. Also, I wanted more of Naru's backstory. Oh well. I still gave this whole series a 10.
May 25, 2010 11:37 AM

May 2010
Is that the end? Why??? I don't want it! Noooooo! :(
Jul 10, 2010 5:54 PM

Nov 2007
good ending 7-8 rating for me but bloodstained labyrinth was the best. just a few more eps or even one to finish explaining things would of been great. ova even. ayako finally did something. naru getting out of being possessed and just being himself and already knowing the situation was great.
Jul 22, 2010 10:56 AM

Mar 2008
I don't understand how people can give this anime a rating under 9..
It's one of the best I have seen since a long, long time.. At first I also wanted to give it a 9 because the ending was.. well, really good but still unsatifying (you know about what i'm talking guys xD~).. but the ending is only the last episode and i marathoned this anime in 1 day (which i usually never do^^) so that means it must really be a masterpiece (even though i hate horror-things actually xD).. i just love naru and mai <3 =)

i wish there'd be a second season.. ;w; so much! did they really not got enough fans for this anime? i always thought it was so popular.. :/ *sigh*
Jul 27, 2010 12:41 PM

Nov 2008
I'm not going to read everyone's comments, but a couple thoughts on the final episode.

1. It's good that Ayako finally showed she's not useless. She deserved a big moment.
2. Naru is receiving CPR, and Ayako asks "Is he alright?" That has got to be the stupidest question of all time.
3. The Scooby Gang's ultimate adversary was a piece of driftwood. ...lol

Anyway, series was okay. I thought everything before the Urado arc was average at best, although I liked Mai as a character from the beginning (aside from the fact that she's HOT, YO).

I think the animation shortcuts were distracting at times. And they didn't even have a real OP, just a ****ing screensaver from Windows 95.

Urado arc was easily the highlight of the show. That was really good ****.

If I could give this show a 6.5, I would. As it stands, I'll have to decide between 6 and 7. It wasn't BAD, but I guess I'd call it overrated compared to a lot of the reviews I've seen. The two top-rated reviews for this show both give it a 10, which is like a joke to me.
Sep 6, 2010 3:55 AM

Sep 2009
This episode was awesome seeing Naru take on a god with his Qi Qong was cool asthis anime for me is a 10 because i really really really enjoyed it :)the best arc was the bloodstained labyrinth for me though mainly because Urado was one scary mofo xD

Sep 7, 2010 8:17 PM

Mar 2010
nuuuu me need more from this anime!

Oct 15, 2010 2:05 AM

Jul 2008
My scouter must've been malfunctioning... it showed Naru's power level at over 9000!!!
Oct 15, 2010 7:28 AM

Oct 2009
Mediocre show at best, non of the arc's really spooked me out other than the arc before this and i never felt attached to any of the characters...Mai's stupidity didn't help either.
The comedy was good though to some extent, i enjoyed it, it's pretty good for a shoujo.

And Naru's Super Saiyan was cool :P

The ending is so-so, it was too much of a cliffhanger.
Overall 7/10 but...8/10 for the gore and suspense for the arc before this :D
AozureOct 15, 2010 2:21 PM
Jan 3, 2011 4:31 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
with current manga releases they could make ova of 4 eps... but i think they will wait until they can fit 13 eps or 25 again :P
Jan 8, 2011 3:02 PM

Jan 2010
i really hope they would make a second season but i don't think so since the manga is over :(

this was such a great anime,it was very entertaining and the characters were awesome
9/10

but i'm going to reconsider,so maybe it'll finish up with a 10 in my list :)
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Jan 8, 2011 3:02 PM

Jan 2010
i really hope they would make a second season but i don't think so since the manga is over :(

this was such a great anime,it was very entertaining and the characters were awesome
9/10

but i'm going to reconsider,so maybe it'll finish up with a 10 in my list :)
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Jan 10, 2011 9:30 AM

Dec 2010
Awesome show! enjoyable cast and overall nice arcs (some were predictable but even then they were still awesome :).) I'm glad Ayako finally had her moment since besides some comic relief on her being spoiled she contributed the least so it was good to see she actually did something, but i gotta say the thing that made this episode an awesome end for me was Naru totally owning that God, i mean after Mai provoked him i'm glad he finally shut her up,don't get me wrong i don't dislike Mai by any means its just she annoys me at time(cries over everything),like in the previous arc when she said he didn't know anything (about how its like to see yourself die.) when he actually did *I wont spoil but if you want to know what i'm talking about it you can look it up it was rather easy to find as the arc which mentions all this plus other missing info such as the explanation of the dreams is like a arc or two after the one we just saw*, also the time she called him a murderer, etc was also annoying to me as she didn't have a clue of what she was talking about. So all and all an awesome show, nice touch at the end with the fighting over the tea :) 9/10 or 10/10 i still haven't decided :).
Jan 13, 2011 2:44 AM

Nov 2010
It was alright 6/10 i felt it needed to be longer so many lose ends in my eyes. I wanted to know more about the characters as well BUT i did enjoy it.
It was not written in the stars that we be together.
Jan 15, 2011 8:39 PM
Jan 2011
Oh gosh I loved Ghost Hunt!! It truely is an amazing anime! For those who haven't watched it yet, you really must!! As the others said, Naur is amazing!! I absolutely love him!! Also, I wanted to know more about him. This character does have a mysterious backround. I really did want to know more about Mai and Naru's relationship! They were really cute!! Great anime. Genius. 5/5!
Jan 20, 2011 6:49 PM

Jan 2010
Decant series with some great arcs as the series went on Mai became really annoying to me 7/10 .
May 29, 2011 6:46 AM

May 2010
9/10 - I felt they could've expanded on the characters back stories a little more. Still I really loved this show, and want a second season of it
Jun 24, 2011 9:18 AM

Feb 2008
what a great series with alot of comedic moments. 9/10 for me
Jul 11, 2011 10:32 AM
Oct 2010
It was ok ending for me, and whole anime i give 8/10.
"This anime could be better"
Sep 10, 2011 8:57 AM

Oct 2009
excellent series, but the ending just wanted me me to see more >.<.
i can't believe they only showed Naru's powers so late in the last episode.
is there any chance for a second season?
Sep 13, 2011 10:12 PM
Aug 2010
I really wish there was a 2nd series, I really like this show. Its rare to find a shoujo heroine I actually like.
Oct 19, 2011 8:19 PM

May 2009
This case was by far the most intricate and difficult to solve, especially with Naru out for most of it. It was a great ending to a really good anime.
Oct 25, 2011 4:30 PM

Apr 2011
Naru = plot device destroyer : /
Nov 21, 2011 2:57 PM

Mar 2011
Watched this earlier today, and I thought it was a pretty good final episode. Would have liked some more closure on the relationships, but that's not too big of a deal.

Trying to decide between a 7 or an 8. Good anime; I enjoyed it.
Dec 24, 2011 2:16 AM

Sep 2011
Sucks that it had to end but overall great series! I thought some of the mysteries were a bit rushed but I still enjoyed them a lot. Hoping for a second season! :)
Dec 29, 2011 12:34 AM
Nov 2009
The creator should realize what a great story he made before he ends it.
Actually, screw the creator
it be ideal if JC Staff just continues the story on their own, manga or no manga.

It is seriously cruel to reveal Naru's powers at the last minute!
Think of the future possibilities...
Bet an average studio can make another 3 seasons...
Feb 1, 2012 10:25 PM

Nov 2008
Dunno if it's just me but i feel that the case (or series) ended too abruptly. Ahh i shouldn't have placed my hopes high to see Naru and Mai getting together, but well, this series isn't tagged as romance anyway. Still, this is my first time watching a horror anime series and actually getting creeped out by it. Good!
Mar 29, 2012 12:38 AM

Aug 2010
Great series seeing at how long it's been and the fact that I believe there is only one arc that the manga covers after this ends I don't see any hope for a second season. It's not often a "mystery of the week" formula gets me either which is impressive. Probably because they were slightly longer arcs and not just one or two eps. 9/10
Apr 4, 2012 1:07 AM

Nov 2010
Going back to quoting Mai isn't the usual Mary-Sue character is a big highlight for me, since I'm starting to despise those types of main female leads.

All of the characters were farly likable and had their own little annoying quirks. i.e. Mai overreacting on unmoral things... xD; At first, I thought it was cute and then it got a bit annoying towards the end.
The anime seemed nostalgic from its style... I didn't check the production *coughcough* but seems like a usual 90's anime.

I was a bit disappointed with this end though.
It kind of ruined my score for it. I was expecting a bit of more relationship development with Mai and Naru, since they kept hinting towards it - -;; and ... just what in the world Naru... going all Spirit Gun / Super Saiyan on us xD; I thought that was really exaggerating it.

We all knew Naru had something much more special to him, but kind of wrapping it up quickly like that about his past was.. more or less anti-climatic for me. It almost seemed like a short notice in the end. "OH AND BTW! Naru has super awesome spiritual powers no human should have! Just so you know :D" .. mmhhhk. Thanks for the info lol.

The dream sequences with Naru and Mai were left unexplained, very very big boo for me here )': Really wanted to know more about that, but I was kind of thinking most things were left in the open seeing how the pacing went in the end. I might just have to check the manga then...
But yeah, you got your usual "I looove everyone and the're special to me (':" ending, but it seemd quite rushed. Something that would make you smile for a moment, but nothing that.. would really sweep you off your feet with emotion. Or something. Bleh. Whatever.

But it was a very very enjoyable series (: I give it a 8-9/10. If that was a number. I'll guess I'll give it 9 for the big entertainment ^^
Wish there was a 2nd series to build on, but that was pretty clear end-END.
Apr 27, 2012 6:47 AM
Oct 2011
I adored the series and I am sad it's actually over. I loved all the characters though I wasn't very fond of Hara at times. Every story in it amazed me even more than the one before. The ending was satisfying but it could've given me 'more'. I'm not a fangirl that is all like ''Naru and Mai should be together!'' Because I personally think relationships would ruin the actual theme that is ''Supernatural'' Though I liked that there was a bit of tension between them. Mai's character and Naru's character together gave me lots of laughs and I'm not sure if they should make a second season because there is always the chance that they'll ruin the anime for me. It was very surprising that no one liked Lin, John or Takigawa since they were fairly handsome characters.
May 15, 2012 3:22 PM

May 2012
A fantastic final arc, I totally wish there was more of them so we could really see the characters develop even more. I mean, Naru was totally holding out on them, for obvious reasons because using that much power could kill him rather than just leave him in the hospital. Then there's the special bond him and Lin have, learning more about that would be great. And of course Mai's ever growing power.

Guess I'll just have to start reading the manga if I wanna see more Ghost Hunt. It does look interesting, I'm pretty tempted now.
Jun 1, 2012 6:36 PM

Aug 2009
I enjoyed the show, but the pacing was a bit slow. I almost didn't make it.
Jul 26, 2012 3:36 AM
Jun 2012
They recently finished the manga there is 1 more case file for them to cover so they may make a ova of it or a new series idc which one
Aug 17, 2012 3:30 AM

Jul 2011
Why the hell it's over ????? :(

Damn I loved this show, it was like those tv shows about ghosts, just great!

9/10
Aug 21, 2012 1:59 AM

Jul 2012
loved all the characters in this show. really felt like ghost adventures but so much more entertaining. 8/10
Nov 1, 2012 1:23 AM

Dec 2010
Really good show. Wasn't expecting anything in particular when I started it, but now that I've finished it (on Halloween day, lol), I can say that I'm extremely satisfied. Great characters, good storylines and a very fitting ambiance. It even has a few truly scary moments. Definitely recommended.

9/10
Nov 2, 2012 10:42 PM

Aug 2010
It was good. I was surprised Naru could do something.
Dec 16, 2012 10:13 PM
Oct 2008
I didn't expect to like this as much as I did but it kinda blew me away... Also Ayako finally was useful for once... in the whole show seriously she was like the Krillin in the Group... anyways Im in between 8 and 9... but I guess 9
Dec 19, 2012 12:05 PM
Oct 2012
Finally finished the series and thought I'd share my thoughts on it. this is a very unique series and I really enjoyed it. The atmosphere and music was very well suited. However, like some have said, I did find the pacing to be a bit slow, but it barely bothered me. Really wish for more episodes, since I feel as though this series isn't complete. I think there needs to be more character development and more developments between the relationships of the characters (especially between Naru and Mai ehe). Overall loved this series, but wasn't satisfied with the ending. 7/10
Mar 14, 2013 12:59 PM

Sep 2011
The end was a little rushed this shows deserves a 2nd season, I want to see more of Naru powers and I was hoping something happened between Naru and Mai ;__;

All in all it was a really good show, some episodes were more scary than others, it's better to watch it with the lights out n_n. I like the characters but they still needed more development.

Score 8/10
Mar 24, 2013 1:14 AM
Jan 2012
Aww, I want more :( Such an awesome anime, but so short... I loved the characters and the majority of cases. I want moooooar. >_> The ending case was glorious, a great ending for a great show. I'll give it a very solid 9/10!
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Ghost Hunt Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Chelle - Jan 27, 2007

69 by SSSniperDyn »»
Jan 29, 7:03 PM

Poll: » Ghost Hunt Episode 1 Discussion

BlueYoshi - Oct 24, 2007

48 by s9fy »»
Dec 30, 2023 11:59 AM

Poll: » Ghost Hunt Episode 7 Discussion

Kayro - Mar 4, 2008

36 by glittergalaxy »»
Oct 20, 2023 7:05 AM

Poll: » Ghost Hunt Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayro - Mar 5, 2008

60 by xoxokiller »»
Oct 18, 2023 5:15 AM

» Ghost Hunt S2

Deanomac2010 - Jul 29, 2023

2 by KayKimii »»
Jul 29, 2023 11:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.