Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 31, 2013 2:29 PM

May 2012
Nice final episode, a good finish for the end of this series! In the end the series was quite nice had a good case development each time and had some really nice moments! In the end it was pretty good! 6/10
Apr 12, 2013 5:49 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Good but not great show. It started off too slow, and it was only really towards the end that it felt engrossing. I wish they had started developing the characters some more earlier on. Specially more background on Naru would have been nice.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 20, 2013 7:28 PM

Jul 2012
Final score: 6.7/10 [rounded down]

I thought that half of the arcs were mediocre and the other half was somewhat decent. The ones I thought were alright were Doll House, Silent Christmas, and Bloodstained Labyrinth. However, the other few disappointed me. Mai pisses me off most of time due to her vulnerability and the entire team makes me facepalm sometimes. They lack teamwork and most of time fail because they keep on trying to exorcise what they can't. Instead, a team should be bringing out each individual's skills to a good use. The horror and mystery factor are not done that well either. I'm more scared by Yami Shibai than this which is pretty sad because Ghost Hunt's budget is way larger.

I have to address the positives of this show as well. I'd definitely add it to my "Starter Anime" list for those who are just getting into anime and want some basics to watch. This show is pretty easy on the eye and not that hard to absorb so I would recommend anyone to start on this. I enjoyed the humour at times, even if it was a bit inappropriate.

Overall, a somewhat enjoyable show, yet has a large amount of flaws.
Sep 6, 2013 9:13 AM
Jun 2013
This anime itself was good. My main complaints The lead naru. He is proboly one of the most bland and boring leads I have ever come across in an anime. He not interesting and just has no personality. Hes just eye candy which comes to my second complaint. I like mai but my god when naru comes into play she becomes just annoying and makes me want to bang my head against the wall.Lastly I didint enjoy the last second DBZ moment with naru. It just felt out of place and just put there to make naru seem cool and which it failed.

Besides those things I enjoyed the tone of the anime and the cast. It was fun being around these people. Its nice to see a anime once in a while that isint all about flying and giant explosions.
Sep 9, 2013 6:47 PM

Jul 2012
souledge94 said:
My main complaints The lead naru. He is proboly one of the most bland and boring leads I have ever come across in an anime. He not interesting and just has no personality. Hes just eye candy which comes to my second complaint. I like mai but my god when naru comes into play she becomes just annoying and makes me want to bang my head against the wall.Lastly I didint enjoy the last second DBZ moment with naru. It just felt out of place and just put there to make naru seem cool and which it failed.

I agree.
Nov 7, 2013 7:53 PM

Feb 2011
I'm really bummed this anime's over, especially now that some insight on Naru was shed. I wouldn't call it the most amazing or groundbreaking series I've seen, but I found it just plain enjoyable from start to finish. I could easily watch this indefinitely if the episodes kept going.
Jan 13, 2014 1:42 PM

Sep 2013
I demand an second season. I don't think they explain why Naru appears in his Mai dreams? The second last case was the scariest, but overall, I enjoyed all of them.

It was a good anime, so I rate 8/10

Mar 4, 2014 4:43 AM

Jun 2011
And so it ends. Hoping for a sequel, even though it's been years since it aired/finished. I want to know more about the dream Naru.

The first thing Naru does after waking up is of course, making fun of everyone with his narcissistic attitude. XD Mai, she should really grow up, after they have been through so much.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 7, 2014 12:03 PM

Feb 2014
it ended so quickly than i imagined '-' and i was a little dissapointed since nothing happened between naru and mai :( but this series is now of my favorite now :D 9.5/10

Apr 26, 2014 4:40 PM

Mar 2012
Pretty great anime. The first case was a bit underwhelming but after that the rest of the cases were pretty good. Naru using some sort of "superpower" to get rid of the god was a bit too much though. Wished we could've learned more about him : / Seems the manga has a sequel which is still publishing so maybe the anime will get another season eventually? Would hope so, was quite entertaining.

8/10.
Jun 25, 2014 9:14 AM
Jun 2014
hohooooo spoiler.
hope it motivated me to watch until last ep.
Jul 11, 2014 7:12 PM

Dec 2010
Great show but they'll never continue it which is a shame as they could probably wrap it up with an OVA episode. In the manga there's actually just one more case then a epilogue that wraps up pretty much everything. The case is good but could be skipped if they just wanted to wrap up the anime.

Questions unanswered in the anime
Who is Naru?
How has such a young guy got an office and expensive equipment?
Why did Naru hire Mai?
How is Masako blackmailing Naru?
Why is Naru in Mai's dreams?

I recommend people read the manga from where the anime leaves off to get the answers and get a more satisfying conclusion. :)
Aug 1, 2014 8:50 AM

Aug 2013
If it's about whether it was scary.. then I wasn't the least bit frightened.
But the suspense and thrills were spot on.. for a few cases definitely.
Characters were all awesome enjoyed every single moment of this series.
After reading the manga I was surprised they didn't continue until the end since it was that close.
I was happy to find the answer I seek.. but I didn't find the satisfying conclusion I want in the manga.
Aug 27, 2014 5:10 AM

Feb 2013
Fantastic anime!

9/10
Aug 29, 2014 1:40 PM

Sep 2012
mayukachan said:
souledge94 said:
My main complaints The lead naru. He is proboly one of the most bland and boring leads I have ever come across in an anime. He not interesting and just has no personality. Hes just eye candy which comes to my second complaint. I like mai but my god when naru comes into play she becomes just annoying and makes me want to bang my head against the wall.Lastly I didint enjoy the last second DBZ moment with naru. It just felt out of place and just put there to make naru seem cool and which it failed.

I agree.

Actually Mai is Protagonist & Naru second mane, MC is who is shown first & Mai was Shown first in the anime, Talking ghost story's with friends & bit later Naru appeared
Aug 29, 2014 1:52 PM

Sep 2012
In The Manga

Some of u will find ur answers here, specially u @zachfoss, answer to ur question what was unanswered in anime is in that Spoiler
Sugram22Aug 29, 2014 1:57 PM
Sep 17, 2014 1:31 PM

Jul 2009
Sugram22 said:
In The Manga

Some of u will find ur answers here, specially u @zachfoss, answer to ur question what was unanswered in anime is in that Spoiler

Nice to know it! I was also curious about Mai's dreams, thx!
This last case was really cool, I really liked it. 8/10
Oct 9, 2014 3:42 PM

May 2010
I am surprised by how much I liked this show. Masako and Naru all the way, Mai can go to hell.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Oct 26, 2014 6:56 AM

Jul 2014
It's average....yet pretty decent and kept me interesting until the end, although some arcs are so predictable and many "wtf you can't even do that dude" moments. Also I like character like Naru <3 so +1 from me :3
"All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous"

PROJECT-ERASER
Nov 28, 2014 7:08 AM

Jun 2010
I really don't like the ending. It was too boring and annoying. Mai didn't get her star moment and I expected much more from the final episode. Naru's power was exaggerated but it's great that he finally did something.

I personally think it's stupid to have some kind of romance in the anime if it's not going anywhere.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 2, 2015 4:27 AM

Nov 2013
Nice way to end the series.

Seeing Naru go beast mode gave me some serious goosebumps...

That ending made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside though Mai is still annoying.

Good ending. 9/10 for this episode, 8.5/10 for this arc, and 7.75/10 for this series.

Jan 2, 2015 1:49 PM
Sep 2014
Meh, i dont know what to think about it. It is great, but something was missing.
I got mad every time Mai had a dream. Dream helped them several times, and she is still not telling them anything untill the end of the case. Cmon, how dumb can you be? Its obvious that you have some powers, fu?king tell them what you have seen. Also, Naru character, it was damn obvious from the start that he also has some wierd powers. Im also sure he could read Mai's mind and that he knew about her powers from the start. That is why he called her to join.

Arc's were good. I liked every one of them, some of them had disturbing scenes. Art and sound are also great.I liked jokes and comments. But this show missing main story. Something that would make sense of them all getting together. Some big ass plot that will blow our minds.
Apr 2, 2015 12:47 PM

May 2014
Super glad Ayako finally got some credit. That was really cool, what she did. I feel like John didn't get much screen time though... I kinda liked him too, hmm. But in the end, I still dislike Mai.

8/10

Apr 23, 2015 10:24 AM

Jan 2013
super bland cast of characters made this quite the boring watch. None of these people were even remotely interesting nor were the visuals or story able to redeem anything. Average at best. 5/10
May 1, 2015 5:49 AM

Jun 2012
Ayako's purification was really beautiful. The bell and everything, it was so calm. Aww man it's ended already? That was a short, awesome anime.

"No matter how far you travel, you can never get away from yourself."
-- Murakami Haruki
Jul 11, 2015 6:08 PM

Mar 2014
Great end to a splendid series. And yup, the music in this anime is really nice! Kinda wish the ending wasn't so vague because It's been a while since it aired and a 2nd season hasn't been released, which is a shame.
Aug 17, 2015 3:44 PM

Jun 2008
This arc was really good...until this episode. Naru pulls a deus ex machina to finish things, and the story about the sixth grave by the sea was completely ignored. What a shame.
Nov 14, 2015 7:57 AM

Jan 2012
this show is one of creepiest anime i have watched ,remind of anime :another. Hope they would make another season .

Nov 19, 2015 3:07 AM

Dec 2014
good end if they had prolonged the series it would had become boring
Nov 20, 2015 11:24 PM

Feb 2010
Ayako has to be the hero at last <3 That was some miko of awesome there.
Alas, it's over. A good way to end the series, though. Last ark reminded me slightly of Umineko no Naku koro ni - all that family bussiness and mansions by the sea.
Also, I didn't know Qi Gong was that powerful :D That Naru is a beast.

This series was that I realy enjoyed and looked forward to watch more - something I didn't get from anime for a long time. It is realy well-written story. And art is ok, while being cheap - it looks more fitting with it's mild and realistic palette. I'm glad character design is not hypertrophic (except for Mai with her huge eyes and no nose) and they don't have multi-colored hair, etc.
I'm definitely going to read the manga.

misstee said:
(Even though if I had my way, I&#039;d totally put Mai with Monk. I don&#039;t care if he&#039;s way older than her, he&#039;s freaking adorable! And sure does seem to care more about her than Naru XD)!

I aggree. Since Ayako is "too old" for him :D Just what her age exactly? I doubt it's anywhere near 30 even.

betsuni78 said:
My scouter must&#039;ve been malfunctioning... it showed Naru&#039;s power level at over 9000!!!

Lol
Hell is empty and all the devils are here.
Sep 15, 2016 4:01 AM

Mar 2012
My main complaint with this arc is that it had too much action in it compared to the others. This just takes away from the creepiness which the first two episodes of the arc did well but the last two opted for a more action oriented, climactic approach which didn't really fit the series. Naru acting like a dick when they were pushed back by the idol seemed pointless as well. I know the guy is pretty blunt with people but this time it was just so unwarranted.

That said, the show was pretty great overall and it was quite a good rewatch. It's a shame that after almost 10 years there still doesn't seem like they have any plans in continuing the anime. I'm sure they didn't cover everything from the manga and there's also the sequel which just ended in July.
Oct 18, 2016 7:47 PM

May 2008
The creator of this series could've written off Mai as a smarter character. but no, we get an annoying dense fangirl (of Naru's) instead.

Rated this show 8/10 eight years ago, its 6/10 now after rewatching the entire series.
Oct 28, 2016 10:57 AM

Apr 2009
After 10 years I finally re-watched this show.

8/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 24, 2016 7:36 PM
Feb 2015
was good but boring in the same time
Jan 30, 2017 2:19 AM

Sep 2013
I thought Naru was going to go Super-Sayajin there for a second.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Apr 19, 2017 12:58 AM

Oct 2015
I thought that was cool when Naru suddenly blasted Okobu-sama with his Qigong after his pride was provoked by Mai, but later faded when he fell down. The overall series was good for me except the ghost stories were not there for and Mai was irritating but Naru was fun to watch with his narcissist persona.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jun 6, 2020 9:49 PM
Nov 2018
Ayako is the best girl in this show❤, unlike that runt
Mar 1, 2021 4:43 PM

Aug 2016
Great anime I really enjoyed it
Mar 7, 2021 6:17 AM

May 2016
There were some very amusing highs and dreadfully boring lows when I watched this anime but I'll have to say that the last episode really hit it out of the park! It actually had me wanting to see more of their paranormal investigations even though it's literally the end of the series. If only it didn't take this long for everyone to really show what they've got...

The cast was pretty likable despite their flaws so it was nice seeing them handle cases together. Most of the cases and their outcomes leave much to be desired especially in the horror aspect, unfortunately. What I'm sure about, though, is that this is a lot better than most of the "haunted investigation" reality shows and movies I've watched.

Jun 13, 2021 4:50 AM

Feb 2020
the was a pretty good series. i really liked the characters and the story arcs. but unfortunately progression or sufficient overarching story was not present is its only weakness. author of this series has done other famous series like 12 kingdoms and shiki, i am off to check them out.
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Sep 20, 2021 9:45 PM
Sep 2021
haha episode 25 was good and there are many interesting scenes i saw here was fascinating.
rayyanwattsSep 27, 2021 4:29 PM
Mar 11, 2022 3:10 PM
Dec 2021
Fantastic anime. Kazuya is really sexy.
Mar 29, 2022 8:41 AM
May 2021
this series was really good. The 2nd , 7th and 8th arc are my favs 🔥🔥🔥. Great series , loved the ending and character chemistry 9/10 🔥
Oct 29, 2022 2:45 PM

Jun 2015
We finally have Naru and Ayako's secrets revealed in one episode.

I really love this show. It was a good one.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
May 3, 2023 7:05 AM

Oct 2016
Good anime when it was horror, but most of the time it was not that, it was one of the silliest shoujo romcoms I've seen. Watchable.
Aug 21, 2023 4:30 PM
Aug 2023
This anime was both fun but a bit dark. It's a great combination where they are not too much of either. 9/10 watch.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Ghost Hunt Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Chelle - Jan 27, 2007

69 by SSSniperDyn »»
Jan 29, 7:03 PM

Poll: » Ghost Hunt Episode 1 Discussion

BlueYoshi - Oct 24, 2007

48 by s9fy »»
Dec 30, 2023 11:59 AM

Poll: » Ghost Hunt Episode 7 Discussion

Kayro - Mar 4, 2008

36 by glittergalaxy »»
Oct 20, 2023 7:05 AM

Poll: » Ghost Hunt Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayro - Mar 5, 2008

60 by xoxokiller »»
Oct 18, 2023 5:15 AM

» Ghost Hunt S2

Deanomac2010 - Jul 29, 2023

2 by KayKimii »»
Jul 29, 2023 11:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.