Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Strike the Blood (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 8, 2014 6:20 AM

Sep 2008
LarsikFtw said:
Why is Kojou so useless? Hell even Asagi did more than him this episode... He just takes blood, uses familiar and see you again...

I commented that previous episode. There's always some reason for Kojou not to fight. He's completely useless all the time and then defeats the boss when all hell breaks loose.
If he did some preventive action they'd be able to stop lots of shit from happening, but nope, he never does anything until half of the city is destroyed and dozens died.

Anime logic is strong in this anime. Then again, I'm not watching it for logic, I'm watching it for really hot anime chicks :)
Feb 8, 2014 6:57 AM

Apr 2013
Asagi still doesn't know about Kojou's real identity.
Feb 8, 2014 6:58 AM

Jan 2014
Ok, that Witch is freaking nuts, not only she plans to bring forth a grimoire using the entire school as a basis, but is using dangerous criminals for her own goal? Woah she has character to attempt that.

That puts two criminals out, that Ghirardi girl got a horrible defeat, I was WTF!? When Vatler's hydra-esque familiar was munching on her o_O and now an interesting proposal from Vatler? Woah, and seeing from the preview it seems not even him is gonna be safe from some beating (we got that very clear when he was beaten by a tail whip from a familiar '-')

Speaking of which, what will it be of Trance-Nagisa?

LarsikFtw said:
Why is Kojou so useless? Hell even Asagi did more than him this episode... He just takes blood, uses familiar and see you again...

He's not really useless, if you figure out the last arcs, you would see there is a pattern:

1st: He did not have much control over his powers, in fact he just got some when he bit Yukina the first time.
2nd: We saw more background than anything, it wasn't until Cristoph Gardos' unit kidnapped everybody that Kojou was thrown into the battlefield, so if anything he came in late, and also it wasn't as brainless he DID fight Nalakuvera to some extent before getting the second familiar.
3rd: He did fight some, if anything the most relevant was him getting lost on an island and meetinf La Foria
4th: He got body-swapped so he was useless until he faced Yuuma '-'
And just now: There is just a lot of confusion and they needed to retreat for Yuuma's safety, you have 6 (now 4 iirc?) criminals running rampant, and after that they have to face the Witch. Clearly Kojou cannot handle all of that himself, right?

niaxato said:
Kojou is the worst vampire I have ever seen.

Nothing will beat Twilight on that. EVER!!!
BGMaxieFeb 8, 2014 7:06 AM
Feb 8, 2014 7:37 AM

Apr 2013
niaxato said:
Kojou is the worst vampire I have ever seen

+1000000000K XD
As of 27/7/14 I have decided trap anime Sword Art Online II has more appeal than Mahouka.
Feb 8, 2014 8:09 AM

Dec 2011
fear80 said:
niaxato said:
Kojou is the worst vampire I have ever seen

+1000000000K XD

hahahahaha XD
"There is no sorrow if you are prepared"
Feb 8, 2014 8:16 AM

Mar 2012
Good arc. Although really, why does it feel like everyone's more badass than Kojou? It's not that I want a Gary Stu, but man...
Feb 8, 2014 8:53 AM

Apr 2013
Boring.
Feb 8, 2014 10:07 AM

Aug 2013
Kuro_Yuuki said:
Demonshaw17 said:
It's getting on my nerves now how they're drawing out this whole, her seeing him as a vampire thing..... jesus christ.

I wouldn't say it's nerve wracking personally, but I am surprised that he has been able to keep it a secret from her for this long. I also find it pretty funny that Mogwai (her AI) knows about it, and she doesn't.

Mogwai knowing about it but deciding to keep it from Asagi is probably the biggest thing that's prevented her from finding out so far. He could've told her, but even if he remained neutral (neither telling nor hiding) she probably would have found out because of her impressive information gathering abilities.
Feb 8, 2014 10:08 AM

Apr 2011
The only fanservice we got is showing Asagi's pantsu and the rest of the episode is mostly action.

Now I'm curious who is going to defeat Aya and the rest of the prisoners.

Ooh...girls in swimsuits next episode.
Feb 8, 2014 10:19 AM

Jun 2011
When this episode started and the TV was on i thought to myself "please do not find Asagi and Natsuki by randomly glancing at the TV" and then what do you know they did exactly that for fuck sake.

Kojou riding a bike was one of the most lame things i have ever seen, Kojou i truly mean this you really are one of the worst vampires i have ever seen.

Asagi i really do not find anything about her power wise believable especially that AI Mogwai whenever she does anything it seems nothing more than an ass pull or a way to move things forward. That mage chasing her was pretty worthless as well is that really the sort of "dangerous" criminals they were throwing in the prison barrier both him and the stripper were pretty underwhelming coming across as nothing more than cannon fodder. I guess only Tokoyogi Aya and glasses mage are the only ones worth anything out of that whole prison and to think that whole crowd last episode was calling Kojou a mere progenitor last episode.

Also really Kojou you are going to follow Vatler onto his boat next episode? are you seriously that retarded? Well at least from the preview next week it seems that someone is kicking Vatler around a bit which is about time. The personality inside Nagisa should of just killed him that was stupid leaving him running about after riling him up with his obsession with Avrora.

It seems there will be another switch to harem hijinks again next episode which is actually rather annoying this arc most of all has had some serious mood whiplash constantly switching between serious and comedy/harem hijinks. I mean some pretty serious things have happened this time with Natsuki nearly dying now with her losing her memories and reverting to a child state, then there all the major criminals (cannon fodder) running about hunting her and Tokoyogi Aya carrying out her own plan, on top of that the prison barrier is hanging by a single thread and there is a major festival happening with countless bystanders including people from outside that city that are at risk while all is this is happening but yeah sure lets stop for harem hijinks and ride a bicycle to the rescue. In short really they are just not switching between the mood well enough.

Finally thought would be again that Academy City from To Aru Majutsu no Index really must have been a wet dream for the author of Strike the Blood since he tried so hard to recreate it (rip it off) he even threw in his own version of the anti-skill and made them just as useless, i am honestly surprised there is not some form of Judgement in there as well.
DragoonDeusFeb 8, 2014 10:26 AM
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Feb 8, 2014 10:48 AM

Dec 2011
Really loving the action of StB anime. Getting really good.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 8, 2014 12:32 PM
Jul 2018
this:

Not to mention almost every arc using almost the same story method

New girl come-> Trouble happen -> Kojou bite one of his girls/ get new power -> Kojou swore to save new girl -> Beat the boss -> New girl becomes his harem

And for the next few arc the new girl will become the girl for him to bite and the same thing happen again.

I can't believe this is from the same author as Asura Cryin's.
Read more at http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=864597&show=40#1IUTTU2JOVqFscY7.99
Feb 8, 2014 1:38 PM

Jul 2011
julyan04 said:
I want Sana-chan to proclaim Kojou that he's her papa, then I'll be satisfied.

+1
Feb 8, 2014 1:52 PM
Jul 2013
Vatler is not dead.
Feb 8, 2014 2:14 PM

Mar 2013
thier enemies keep getting weirder and weirder :P
Feb 8, 2014 2:14 PM

Nov 2010
The first two of this Arc has already surpassed everything else that has occurred so far
I liked the chase and the following events
Feb 8, 2014 3:12 PM

May 2013
The enemies from the prison barrier are insanely underwhelming. The fights in this anime are so anticlimatic IMO. Ghirardi was hot and lolier Natsuki is cute though, so there's that.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Feb 8, 2014 3:14 PM

Jan 2013
Man why did that old guy have to go to the prison again ? I kinda liked him . Lol at the moment when Kojo arrived with that shitty bike lol . overall it was a nice episode .
Feb 8, 2014 3:14 PM

Feb 2013
Did that blue-haired lady forget her PANTS in the prison?
Feb 8, 2014 7:31 PM

Aug 2013
Baku219 said:
Ghirardi was hot and lolier Natsuki is cute

Loli, lolier, loliest?
Feb 8, 2014 7:43 PM
Jan 2014
Slicer22 said:
Also really Kojou you are going to follow Vatler onto his boat next episode? are you seriously that retarded?

This anime is retarded overall lol, if you're this much annoyed you should just either drop it or watch it to finish what you started/enjoy the fanservice because after 4 vols of LN the story is still like this then it'd just stay retarded for the rest of the series really. I already stopped taking this anime seriously after the 3rd arc.
Feb 8, 2014 8:57 PM

Nov 2008
Dam!!! Can't wait for next week!
Feb 9, 2014 1:32 AM

Jul 2012
So things will start to get real in the next episode when everyone heads to the school.

Great episode!!!
Feb 9, 2014 2:02 AM

May 2010
They sure reached to the conclusions quickly when they saw loli Natsuki-chan. Aiba was quite badass this episode.

Now that was cruel, Vatler's familiar.. I hope Aiba finally get to know about his secret next episode (and give her blood to her :p) Yuuma opened her eyes at end.
Feb 9, 2014 10:09 AM

Apr 2013
well the action was good but the writing was pretty bad imo.
Feb 9, 2014 12:32 PM

Jun 2013
A very intense and very good episode, i swear this show keeps on getting better and better! :) Himeragi, sayaka and Asagi were all adorable in this episode :)
Feb 10, 2014 1:18 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Also intriguing for the umpteenth time this episode.
Plot that brings new life to the already well-established history, I wonder if there will be a calm and controlled evolution of the story or an unpredictable and action-packed with explosive events, so to speak! XD
Interestingly, however, the new road taken by the plot, I love it.
Narration also it pleasant moments remain the usual "hot" and stupid, but there is much more room for the nitty-gritty and interesting! * _ *
Drawings and animations of higher level than the previous episode, Yay!
I hope the best yet!
Feb 10, 2014 3:58 AM

May 2011
VATLER IN ACTION WOOT!!! show needs more Asagi screentime. And hopefully more Sayaka-chan. Didn't really liked how cliche the plot for this arc though. Basically, Natsuki-chan managed to destroy the "prison key" along with her memories, and now the witch is having some trouble to "recreate" that key. Her main objective? I bet is the usual antagonist theory: to gain control of the island and blahblahblah. Feel free to disagree with me, which I doubt so. Watched this show for the harem-ecchi content! woot!
(I SWEAR I raged when I realise then he fainted from hunger. Yes, GOD DAMN HUNGER. Not much anticipation from last episode any more aren't we? Asagi wasn't in danger, Kojou turned up fine, Natsuki safe, and Yuuma regained consciousness.)
"If you reject me, I'll blast a hole in you!" Kanzaki H. Aria
Just kidding.

Feb 10, 2014 10:30 AM

Aug 2012
Yaay more Asagi next week...
Feb 11, 2014 3:39 AM

Jul 2013
amc9988 said:

Not to mention almost every arc using almost the same story method

New girl come-> Trouble happen -> Kojou bite one of his girls/ get new power -> Kojou swore to save new girl -> Beat the boss -> New girl becomes his harem

You forgot to mention that every badguy must be psychopatic and always do excessive shittalk before he gets his ass handed in an anticlimatic fight.

I just dont get why I cant drop this, I rage every episode but still watch it.
Feb 12, 2014 8:58 AM
Jun 2012
i feel like kojou keeps getting more useless. how is it that yumma could control your powers alot better than you can lol and i feel like all his scene time where just a waste of time, like them running outa gas and then the bike although i did like when asaggi gave him blood lol. hope he starts shaping up since hes supposed to be the all powerful 4th primogenitor and strongest vampire.
Feb 12, 2014 5:03 PM

Sep 2007
Overall good show. I have a feeling. Blond chick going to get bit soon.
Feb 13, 2014 9:55 PM

Jan 2013
That was alright, some pretty good stand offs I guess.
Feb 14, 2014 8:01 AM

Jan 2014
Solid episode for Asagi and I like her so I enjoyed it. Also Vatler was great to by absolutely destroying that escaped prisoner (her name is too annoying to remember). Other than that nothing special really about this episode, I'm not that into Yuuma's mom being the main villain if she is, but everything else is solid for me.
Feb 14, 2014 8:28 PM

Jul 2008
Decent actions in this episode but I love Asagi's screentime here :D Can't wait to see how strong Yuuma's mum is :D
Feb 23, 2014 5:08 PM

Feb 2013
yeay...as I thought we would see asagi more than usual
Feb 25, 2014 10:03 PM

Jul 2013
c_ivan13 said:
i feel like kojou keeps getting more useless
no doubt about it
Mar 4, 2014 2:12 PM

Feb 2011
Kvshi said:
Nasty001 said:
Ho, hoooo,
Ghirardi is HOT! Too bad for the moment there, I thought that Vatler is giving her a horrible death.

I wonder if the rest of the remaining ep is gonna cover that witch of notaria?

Let's not forget that there are 7 more to go.

Judging by the way things are going, there may need to be a second season. A variety of things haven't been explained yet

Maybe if there wasn't all that completely unnecessary fanservice they would've had time to explain stuff too.
Apr 9, 2014 1:57 PM

May 2012
Sweet development and action once more, this sure knows how to tell a story!
Jun 6, 2014 8:17 AM
May 2012
BladesOfTime said:
So he collapsed 'cause of hunger XD For some reason I really wanted for little Natsuki to call Koujo "papa" in front of Asagi :)

Can't wait for next episode.

Yup, me too. That would make Asagi wet blush :3
Akatsuki will suck Asagi's blood soon enough.
Ghirardi was hot too, but she got defeated easily. Vatler was kinda cruel with what he did.
That's enough Anime for me today. I am having some trouble paying attention to the subtitles because of the shit that has happened to me.
I guess I'll surf the internet for a while, eat, then sleep.
Vatler's yacht looks like it's full of girls ahahaha.
Aug 20, 2014 6:38 AM

Sep 2011
Don't mess with a professional hacker.
Aug 27, 2014 12:08 PM

Sep 2012
PrimeX said:
c_ivan13 said:
i feel like kojou keeps getting more useless
no doubt about it

Yeah, It's better if the main characters are all girl.
Oh Yuuma woke up.
Dec 16, 2014 7:31 AM

Aug 2013
Himeragi was a step aheaed of Sayaka again.. pfft.
Wow Vatler is a real sadist.. her screaming ouch that hurts. XD
When will Kojou take Asagi-chan's blood ? Sigh.
Feb 17, 2015 4:39 PM

Dec 2014
Lol I like how Vatler keeps randomly appearing everytime. He rather recovered fast from his last condition. But for some reason I found it funny how Kojou entered with a mere small bike after Vatler's flashy entrance.

I don't think there will be a significant change on Asagi's feelings when she finds out Kojou is a vampire.

Also nice to see Astarte in action again.
NozdrefFeb 17, 2015 4:46 PM

“There are two kinds of arrogance. One where you are unequal to the task and one where your dreams are too big. The former is commonplace stupidity... but the latter is a rare species that is difficult to find.”

Apr 7, 2015 11:46 PM

Feb 2013
Ghirardi: *screams*

Vatler: Hey Kojou.

Kojou: Don't greet me like nothing's happening!

LOL

Glad to see more of best girl, Asagi.
Feb 9, 2016 9:28 AM

Sep 2013
Nurse Yukina :)
Fire criminal was destroyed by Astarte XD
Whip chick used to served under the 3rd progenitor, but she's a bit more than fodder against Vatler :(

Asagi and lolier Natsuki now going on Vatler's boat.
Sep 19, 2016 8:45 PM

Aug 2009
fainted from hunger lol, so unexpected

vatler back with full force, going to be more epic battles coming i guess

really intriguing eps... wish i can just marathon thru it but dont have the time lol
Feb 9, 2017 3:59 AM

Jul 2008
So Vatler still up to his old tricks. Can't his boss come in and give him a smackdown?
Nov 12, 2018 1:05 PM

Mar 2018
These last two episodes have been so stupid. Natsuki is about to be killed by some of worst criminals of all time and what do they do? First, save the criminal responsible for it all. Second, eat some pizza. Only when they need Natsuki to save Yuuma do they start looking for her.
Oct 26, 2019 2:53 AM

Apr 2013
So two of those escaped prisoners were defeated incredibly fast, I guess the rest will follow soon. It was nice seeing someone else than Kojou and main girl fight.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Will I get to see Minamiya, Natsuki... (Question for a spoiler)

CrazyButNot4U - Apr 4

3 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 7, 3:07 AM

Poll: » Strike the Blood Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2014

149 by EinTheVariance »»
Feb 20, 12:11 PM

Poll: » Strike the Blood Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2014

97 by EinTheVariance »»
Feb 19, 7:32 PM

Poll: » Strike the Blood Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2014

143 by EinTheVariance »»
Feb 19, 6:32 PM

Poll: » Strike the Blood Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2013

117 by EinTheVariance »»
Feb 18, 7:10 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.