Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 16, 2009 6:05 AM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
LOL at this episode. I know I never forget to whack off before a long trip. And sports training through focusing on eating, that's a new one but it sounded very genuine. I'm liking this.
Nov 23, 2009 8:51 PM

Apr 2009
I thought it was a troll subber at first. Ahaha, that was great.
Apr 8, 2010 2:26 PM

Feb 2008
Abe needs to try harder to support his pitcher instead of treating him like a puppet trying to cut its strings :/

btw, I really wish they'd leave out the useless explanations. idc about eating and nuerohoromones, especially if they're going to waste so much time on it :/
crap like this is exactly why I hated One Outs.
Apr 8, 2010 7:00 PM

Oct 2008
jacobpaige said:
btw, I really wish they'd leave out the useless explanations. idc about eating and nuerohoromones, especially if they're going to waste so much time on it :/

Not that I have seen One Outs (I looks as unneccesarily edgy as Yugioh with motorcycles), but I actually liked the psychological explanation from Mr. Shiga. It actually helped me understand how setting a goal can have a lot to do with the way one thinks about their past, present and future. Not that you have to agree with me on that or anything.
Apr 8, 2010 7:44 PM

Feb 2008
Hypeathon said:
jacobpaige said:

Not that I have seen One Outs (I looks as unneccesarily edgy as Yugioh with motorcycles), but I actually liked the psychological explanation from Mr. Shiga. It actually helped me understand how setting a goal can have a lot to do with the way one thinks about their past, present and future. Not that you have to agree with me on that or anything.

tbf, One Outs was much much worse about this sort of thing. particularly when they were explaining elementary school level math concepts. but its mostly the lack of importance to the plot line that irritates me. I'm not really looking for a lecture on mental conditioning when i start watching an anime.
Apr 8, 2010 9:03 PM

Oct 2008
jacobpaige said:
tbf, One Outs was much much worse about this sort of thing. particularly when they were explaining elementary school level math concepts. but its mostly the lack of importance to the plot line that irritates me. I'm not really looking for a lecture on mental conditioning when i start watching an anime.

Well I do get that the average person who watches anime wants pure entertainment and not expect a lengthy lecture. Though I guess, from my perspective, I found that lecture interesting because I'm kinda into psychology and how it affects the way other people think. And hearing the lecture, it made me understand how some of the character think based on those three hormones. Particularly, Mihashi, Tajima and Hanai.
Apr 11, 2010 8:23 AM

Apr 2009
the main character looks like an idiot. What's with that character design, his mouth shouldn't be so carp-like
Oct 16, 2010 5:45 PM

Sep 2008
Okazaki Tomoya is so lucky to have his hand held by such a beautiful woman.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 1, 2011 2:53 PM

Nov 2007
Is 122km/hr really that big a deal? I was expecting her to be crazy good and more like 150km/hr (too much Cross Game, I guess)

The beginning with Tajima made me laugh a lot.

Food training is a... novelty.

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Aug 9, 2011 6:46 PM
Oct 2008
Good God, this anime makes me so happy! I've been watching this with my BL Fangirl Glasses(tm) on and I am loving every minute of Mihashi and Abe's interactions. It's just too damn perfect! ::goes and squees in the corner::
Dec 4, 2011 6:39 PM

Jun 2010
I find it hard to believe that when conversation turned to Maria none of the 15 year-old boys had a word to say about her enormous breasts.

But I suppose this show is trying to be pretty gay for the fangirls.
Dec 2, 2012 10:36 AM

Jul 2011
Fronzel said:
I find it hard to believe that when conversation turned to Maria none of the 15 year-old boys had a word to say about her enormous breasts.

But I suppose this show is trying to be pretty gay for the fangirls.

I can't even...

Yeah, a little obvious that the creator is a female. This anime radiates BL more so than other sports anime I've come across. (Never realized it could be so annoying...)
But what annoys me most is still the main character...

Anyways. Didn't expect the first bit. o.o
Sep 16, 2013 7:04 AM

Jun 2011
Amaya-dono said:
Is 122km/hr really that big a deal? I was expecting her to be crazy good and more like 150km/hr (too much Cross Game, I guess)

I guess so? Especially for females. 150km/hr is quite farfetched tbh for high school level, only for those talented one with rigorous training.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 25, 2013 6:57 PM

Jul 2012
Solid episode. I'm quite surprised on how many characters have their own conflicts. I thought only the main character had them, but even the catcher has his issues. Interesting.

Also... So many BL vibes. I can't even.
Nov 21, 2013 10:53 AM

May 2012
That neurohormone talk is really interesting! And that guy who forgot to jerk off was really funny..
Jan 5, 2014 1:13 AM

Aug 2009
the pillow fight lol
nice episode!

Jun 19, 2014 3:58 AM

Jun 2012
Really comedic episode, I enjoyed myself a lot! Can't wait for training next ep!
Jun 22, 2014 9:03 PM

Apr 2014
Rewatching, this time with the dub.

Wow does Mihashi sound even more awkward in English. Needs more stop and stutter. LOL L Abe is one of the Hitachiin twins from Ouran. Way different impression from his seiyuu. Wrapping my brain around this is gonna be fun. :D

Tajima and Momoe are 1000% perfect. Though what's with the weird euphemism for masturbate?? Just say it like it is. XD
Mar 31, 2015 12:10 AM

Feb 2015
currycurry said:
Abe is one of the Hitachiin twins from Ouran. Way different impression from his seiyuu. Wrapping my brain around this is gonna be fun. :D

Woah no way. I cannot even-- how?
May 18, 2015 1:51 PM

Jan 2015
Can't help but feel some yaoi vibes from these two first episodes, dont know why though.

Sports anime usually have weird traings to explain power-ups and level increases, but that's the first time i heard about nerves molecular training xD ...really felt sketchy.

And no matter how i look at it, make the awkward guy play his former team who hates his gut for his first game just feels like bullying.
May 18, 2015 1:52 PM

Jul 2012
HapHazrD said:
Sports anime usually have weird traings to explain power-ups and level increases, but that's the first time i heard about nerves molecular training xD ...really felt sketchy.

Oofuri is realistic though..
Sep 14, 2015 3:52 PM
Sep 2009
Amaya-dono said:

The beginning with Tajima made me laugh a lot.

Food training is a... novelty.

Funnily enough, Cross Game amazing pitches looked the least impressive out of all I've seen. Even simple pitch in other baseball series looked more impressive than that.
Sep 3, 2016 2:24 AM
Dec 2009
It's fun taking up psychology and heaing stuff about previous lessons our professor discussed to us about
Malloween Candies (2023):
6 main candies
Nov 20, 2018 3:47 AM

Sep 2016
I once watched this show, but stuck at the food theory part IIRC. Probably because I don't quite understand the rules of baseball & I was so not a fan of the protagonist.
This time I tried to enjoy it more through the main characters' interactions and it feels much better. Hopefully I can finish watching it this time.
Feb 5, 2019 5:57 AM

Feb 2013
Improving his speed doesn't sound like a bad idea, but I hope that won't ruin his control.
And lol, I would be like Mihashi and wouldn't sleep.
Apr 15, 2019 7:06 PM

Mar 2017
lol didnt get the food theory but okay hahaha.

I can relate so much with Mihashi, I really can't sleep well that much whenever something's about to happen the next day haha

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Nov 19, 2019 5:18 PM

Sep 2018
The coach is weird but nice xD her boobs is kinda annoying though.
Woah! Training immediately? That's fast! Hahah
Jul 19, 2021 7:47 AM

Dec 2020
what a WAY to start an episode lmfao

i love how they showed abe's character. last episode it seemed like he's a pretty nice guy, being able to see mihashi's hidden skill and is able to think objectively and is also honest. but as i thought he's not really a "good" guy, there are flaws within him too. he wants to be the one that has control of things, wants to use whats able to be used and not risk a change in it, a bit selfish at times too. but it looks like there's a reason for that, maybe he didnt have a good relationship with the last pitcher? who knows. all i know is momoe is amazing i love her god girls are great. that little science lesson was nice too
Apr 27, 8:45 AM
Jun 2022
Megane With A Odd Theory , Might Be Right.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ookiku Furikabutte Episode 8 Discussion

Trie - Aug 18, 2007

20 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 27, 2:21 PM

Poll: » Ookiku Furikabutte Episode 7 Discussion

Faust721 - Aug 11, 2007

32 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 27, 2:01 PM

Poll: » Ookiku Furikabutte Episode 6 Discussion

zq - Dec 11, 2007

19 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 27, 12:45 PM

Poll: » Ookiku Furikabutte Episode 5 Discussion

Kayrhandros - Aug 2, 2007

20 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 27, 12:32 PM

Poll: » Ookiku Furikabutte Episode 4 Discussion

Kayrhandros - Jul 18, 2007

20 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 27, 9:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.