Forum Settings
Forums
The Irregular at Magic High School (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 28, 2016 1:47 PM
Jan 2015
VaroOP said:
-Mahesvara said:
The engagement is more of a plot device if anything and its been intoduced way to early in the story for it to be an actual endgame senario. If they do end up together, I'll bet it won't be from Maya's plan.
Anyways, before any of this can happen, Tatsuya needs the ability to be able to fall in love, which is something he still lacks.

I am now used to being pessimistic about my own OTP. That way you don't feel much disappointed when the story doesn't turn out the way you wanted it to. Still, knowing that Kouichi wants Mayumi to marry Tatsuya is definitely interesting considering the past Kouichi and Maya have. Gotta binge read ! xD

Well Kouichi wants Mayumi and Tatsuya to get together, because he wants to weaken the Yotsuba with either bringing Tatsuya to his side or giving Mayumi to the yotsuba, which will give him some influence within the clan. So unfortunately Mayumi's feeling for Tatsuya are being taken advantage of like how Miyuki's feelings are by Maya.
My Queens

Mar 28, 2016 2:05 PM

Mar 2016
I spit on the floor each time Miyuki says "Onii-sama" .
Mar 29, 2016 6:29 AM

Mar 2015
True_Ancestor said:

I guess your house is flooded with your spit then. xD
Mar 29, 2016 7:14 AM

Mar 2016
VaroOP said:
True_Ancestor said:

I guess your house is flooded with your spit then. xD

I had to call the plumber when I finished it .
Mar 29, 2016 10:40 AM

Mar 2015
@Mahesvara I read Miyuki's monologue in volume 11 which said that she doesn't want any other male to touch her other than Tatsuya. I have a very nasty side to myself so now I am all for someone coming and forcefully marrying Miyuki. It could be Ichijou or some drunk fool on the street. I just wanna see Miyuki get "touched" by someone who ain't Tatsuya. Please O holy author, go down the NTR route!!! ( This is the first time that I actually want a story to go in the NTR direction.)
Apr 12, 2016 7:48 AM

Jun 2014
Sparteh said:
VaroOP said:

Thanks for the info bro. Now I can read the whole Novel knowing that my ship sinks.

The way I see it. Every ship sinks

Not every ship, Mayumi has her moment with Tatsuya in vol 18, but i would say every girl except Mayumi doesn't stand a chance now. But isn't it obvious to readers that Mahouka shipping is only the game between Mayumi and Miyuki since the beginning? Satou Tsutomu, author of this novel, also specifically mentioned that both Mayumi and Miyuki will have a happy ending, he did not even care to say anything about the any other girl (poor girls XD).
sidomeApr 12, 2016 8:01 AM
Apr 15, 2016 12:50 AM
Jan 2015
sidome said:
Sparteh said:

The way I see it. Every ship sinks

Not every ship, Mayumi has her moment with Tatsuya in vol 18, but i would say every girl except Mayumi doesn't stand a chance now. But isn't it obvious to readers that Mahouka shipping is only the game between Mayumi and Miyuki since the beginning? Satou Tsutomu, author of this novel, also specifically mentioned that both Mayumi and Miyuki will have a happy ending, he did not even care to say anything about the any other girl (poor girls XD).

Honoka seems to always be in the equation though and she's not giving up, so its really those three. Everyone else has either thrown in the white flag(Erika), its impossible for them(Lina being stuck in the USNA), or haven't even tried anything(Ayako). I always thought there could be a chance that he could end up with two of them at least, one be his wife and the other a mistress or maybe even two mistresses. Having a mistress or two is not all that rare in magic families in mahouka, as there have been multiple mentions of it with Erika's father, the shiba siblings father, and even Maya offered it to the one candidate for the head because he wanted to marry his guardian. If excepted by all parties, it could work out and give the characters the happy ending that Satou foretold.
My Queens

Jun 10, 2016 12:18 AM

Nov 2015
Though isn't the biggest hurdle in shipping Tatsuya with anyone his sister Miyuki, so would it be possible to see the writer make it where the
will actually end up Miyuki being shipped with Masaki?

I know that it seems like Miyuki has some sort of different feelings towards Masaki then what she does with most other males, I think this happening first in more likely then Tatsuya shipping with anyone else

My opinion
Jun 14, 2016 11:36 AM
Jun 2016
PLEASE A TATSUYA X MAYUMI SCENE HOPEFULLY AT THE NEXT SEASON OR MOVIE I HARDLY SHIP THEM ,HUNGRY IN SEEING THEM TOGETHER!!!
Aug 3, 2016 12:42 PM

Mar 2016
Why not all? This is not a joke. With the power of our lord Tatsuya, he can make any harem possible.
Oct 7, 2016 5:30 PM

Nov 2007
HandsomeMan said:
I honestly hope it would be Tatsuya x Miyuki or no one at all for him, e.g. dies at the end of the series or something. Why? Because this is a fictional universe and there's no reason why we shouldn't have a bit of bro x sis taboo. All the shipping is ridiculous in the first place considering that anime/manga is not real. But anyway the siblings have just way too big of a bond to have it shatter by other parties. Since it's fantasy let me fantasize more like this lol. Or they don't need to end up with anyone and just stay together without getting intimate lol.

Exactly what I think! *Highfive!* hohohoho
Tatsuya x Miyuki forever!
Nov 15, 2016 12:43 AM
Mar 2012
-Mahesvara said:
VaroOP said:

Looking good but with Maya and Miyuki both going for Tatsuya X Miyuki, I don't think Mayumi stands a chance anymore. I hate feeling disappointed and that is why I will read the rest believing that Tatsuya X Mayumi will never happen.
The engagement is more of a plot device if anything and its been intoduced way to early in the story for it to be an actual endgame senario. If they do end up together, I'll bet it won't be from Maya's plan.
Anyways, before any of this can happen, Tatsuya needs the ability to be able to fall in love, which is something he still lacks.

I may be rezzing an older quote, but in regards to Tatsuya's ability to experience feelings for females other than his sister, there are examples of unrecognized feelings back as far as Vol 3.
Vol 3 P150: At this moment, Tatsuya thought her smile was a radiant as the sun. This must have been a hallucination... (upon observing Mayumi's natural smile)
This example is not a purely physical reaction on Tatsuya's part, as the author has, on occasion, highlighted the fact that Tatsuya is able to separate himeslf from physical arousal in order to disarm it. Given that he has no familiarity with what emotional attraction might actually feel like, this may be an example of his experiencing feelings for Mayumi, but brushing them off as a heat induced hallucination due to his inability to identify the feeling for what it is.
Nov 15, 2016 10:32 PM
Nov 2015
So is the engagement still a go?

Haven't read this since the 6th or 7th volume mainly because I'd rather not read through such a long series just to see him hook up with his sister (Miyuki? She's so... boring... And yes I read the spoiler about the different genes thingy, love me some spoilers.) Kind of waiting to start reading again once more evidence comes through that it won't be the case (I'm hoping hard for Mayumi).

Main reason I support that ship is, if I remember correctly, Tatsuya was walking with Mayumi and she called him "childish" or something, which was such a large departure from what EVERY other character calls him. Every other character always comments on how mature and adult like he is (especially Miyuki who has this illusion that he is absolutely perfect in every way, which borders more on worship and infatuation than love to me), but Mayumi saw through this a little bit and called him the absolute opposite of how others view him, and that was an immediate shipping flag for me. (I could be wrong, it's been a while after all, something like 3-4 years or so).

... please, what's the status on this ship, has it sunk? ;-;
Nov 23, 2016 6:04 AM

Apr 2012
Sparteh said:
VaroOP said:

Woah! Tatsuya and Miyuki engaged ? What became of Mayumi ? Tatsuya actually agreed to marry Miyuki in the future ? xO XO
Personally I believe that romance in the story was once very well described as "shipper's tragedy"

Therefore, me personally this endless intrigue on a possible incest, starts a little annoying.
RobertBobertNov 23, 2016 6:12 AM
Nov 23, 2016 6:30 AM

Apr 2012
Urgalicious said:
... please, what's the status on this ship, has it sunk? ;-;

It depends on whether the author will support "desire" of fans to the end, or continue to speculate on his incest moe. Although, of course, the situation in Mahouka is not so hot how in ReZero, where the "main" heroine is so boring that Miyuki compared with her just divinely prescribed character.
RobertBobertNov 23, 2016 6:38 AM
Jan 2, 2017 7:00 AM
Apr 2015
HandsomeMan said:
I honestly hope it would be Tatsuya x Miyuki or no one at all for him, e.g. dies at the end of the series or something. Why? Because this is a fictional universe and there's no reason why we shouldn't have a bit of bro x sis taboo. All the shipping is ridiculous in the first place considering that anime/manga is not real. But anyway the siblings have just way too big of a bond to have it shatter by other parties. Since it's fantasy let me fantasize more like this lol. Or they don't need to end up with anyone and just stay together without getting intimate lol.
nice thats good ending, i like your comment :)
Feb 1, 2017 11:17 PM

Nov 2015
tatsuya x mayumi ? hell no!! that did be the most forced and disappointing ending ever..
Feb 14, 2017 4:51 AM

Apr 2012
xavion296 said:
tatsuya x mayumi ? hell no!! that did be the most forced and disappointing ending ever..

The most forced? Lol, Maya and Miyuki laugh at you after the 16th volume.
Feb 15, 2017 12:02 AM

Nov 2015
RobertBobert said:
laugh? at what exactly?
Feb 15, 2017 4:08 AM

Apr 2012
xavion296 said:
RobertBobert said:
laugh? at what exactly?

His engagement with Miyuki is the most artificial attempt to bring together the official couple that I've seen lately, lol
Feb 15, 2017 5:52 AM

Nov 2015
RobertBobert said:
His engagement with Miyuki is the most artificial attempt to bring together the official couple that I've seen lately, lol

Artificial but still a fact. And how exactly was that supposed invalidate what i wrote ?
Feb 15, 2017 7:13 AM

Apr 2012
xavion296 said:
RobertBobert said:

Artificial but still a fact. And how exactly was that supposed invalidate what i wrote ?

You are contradicting yourself. First, you complain that the pair Tatsuya x Mayumi would be artificial, but after that, you write that you are not experiencing problems with artificial Tatsuya x Miyuki. This is hypocrisy. As for the rest, I do not see any reason to believe Tatsuya x Mayumi artificial. Do you have any arguments to support your point of view?
RobertBobertFeb 15, 2017 7:37 AM
Feb 15, 2017 8:18 AM

Nov 2015
RobertBobert said:
You are contradicting yourself. First, you complain that the pair Tatsuya x Mayumi would be artificial, but after that, you write that you are not experiencing problems with artificial Tatsuya x Miyuki. This is hypocrisy. As for the rest, I do not see any reason to believe Tatsuya x Mayumi artificial. Do you have any arguments to support your point of view?

All I'm saying is an ending with Tatsuya and Mayumi ending up together will come out as forced 'cause we haven't seen any major romantic development between the two over the course of 21 volumes of ln unlike Tatsuya and Miyuki. If in case the incest is out of question I would rather support Honoka who has even gone as far as confessing to Tatsuya multiple times.
xavion296Feb 15, 2017 8:42 AM
Feb 15, 2017 8:30 AM

Apr 2012
xavion296 said:
RobertBobert said:

All i'm saying is an ending with Tatsuya and Mayumi ending up together will come out as forced 'cause we haven't seen any major romantic development between the two over the course of 21 volumes of ln unlike Tatsuya and Miyuki. If in case the incest is out of question i would rather support Honoka who has even gone as far as confessing to Tatsuya multiple times.

Lol, Tatsuya x Miyuki no less forced, because he does not love her as a woman, while most of "development of their romantic relationship" is the result of the addition of an artificial romantic subtext in any scene with their participation. Of course, Tatsuya x Miyuki is the most obvious result of the series, but at the moment Tatsuya does not have a romantic relationship with any of the girls. The rest is only a self-deception of people who look at everything through the Shipping Goggles.
RobertBobertFeb 15, 2017 8:54 AM
Feb 15, 2017 9:02 AM

Nov 2015
@RobertBobert and what the hell do you mean by artificial anyway? They are human not some freakin' robot!
(previously when i wrote 'artificial' i meant the genetic modification, not Miyuki's feelings for her brother)
xavion296Feb 15, 2017 9:28 AM
Feb 15, 2017 9:09 AM

Apr 2012
xavion296 said:
@RobertBobert and what the hell do you mean by artificial anyways? They are human not some freakin' robot!
(previously when i wrote 'artificial' i meant the genetic modification, not Miyuki's feelings for her brother)

Well, sorry, English is not my native language, it is sometimes difficult to find the right synonym, lol

In general, if not for Miyuki currently in Mahouka there would be no romance at all. As a result, if Miyuki was not deeply in love with Tatsuya and could respond to the feelings of the other guy, this pairing would have already died.
Mar 6, 2017 9:07 AM
Nov 2015
Good topic hehe ... marry between mayumi x tutsuya
Jun 23, 2017 11:41 AM

Nov 2009
i have long forgotten about this series, but suddenly i have an urge to get updates and become so upset to know that tatsuya and miyuki got engaged, i really hope tatsuya ended up with mayumi or lina :(
If you just did nothing because you thought it wouldn't help, then you'd end up doing less than nothing; for nothing would change and nothing would end. (Kira Yamato - Gundam Seed Phase 34: Seen & Unseen)
Aug 25, 2017 8:32 PM
Sep 2015
Wait so does tatsuya end up with his sister???

I was reading the wiki and saw "Fiancée"

I've seen the anime and read some of the manga(translations are so slow)

If they end up together then I'm done with the series....
Aug 25, 2017 11:49 PM
Jan 2015
NovaMagic said:

Right now I wouldn't call it set in stone, since we have to take Tatsuya's own feelings into consideration and the fact that the whole engagement thing was set-up at the series half-way point, makes it less likely to be an actual endgame plot point.

For Tatsuya, to be able to have a proper romantic relationship with anyone, he somehow must regain the emotion/urge to fall in love with someone, which is currently impossible at this point, but there was a point where it was mentioned that a parasites psyche could help lead to the origin of emotions , so the possibility could exist somewhere down the road.

Part of me still hopes Mayumi or Lina will pull it out at the end, but alas its only hope at this point, since the odds are heavily in Miyuki's favor. At the end of the day, I'll be satisfied with who ever Tatsuya chooses as long he has the emotional capacity to truly choose for himself.
My Queens

Aug 26, 2017 5:38 PM
Sep 2015
-Mahesvara said:
NovaMagic said:

Right now I wouldn't call it set in stone, since we have to take Tatsuya's own feelings into consideration and the fact that the whole engagement thing was set-up at the series half-way point, makes it less likely to be an actual endgame plot point.

For Tatsuya, to be able to have a proper romantic relationship with anyone, he somehow must regain the emotion/urge to fall in love with someone, which is currently impossible at this point, but there was a point where it was mentioned that a parasites psyche could help lead to the origin of emotions , so the possibility could exist somewhere down the road.

Part of me still hopes Mayumi or Lina will pull it out at the end, but alas its only hope at this point, since the odds are heavily in Miyuki's favor. At the end of the day, I'll be satisfied with who ever Tatsuya chooses as long he has the emotional capacity to truly choose for himself.

personally I want Mayumi but I would be fine with anyone but his sister

please no incest
Aug 28, 2017 9:48 PM
Jul 2017
so i haven't had a chance to get into the further LNs with this series but from what i've read in the comments outside of characters having "a moment" with our MC, it doesn't seem like there is any actual romantic development with anyone, eh? And from what i've read, MC still cannot have any emotions outside of sibling love for his sister. So someone explain to me how/why they think any ships are currently possible when it seems like the series itself isn't even focused on romance? (outside of said "moments" that happen between characters and MC but not actual romantic development?)

I will definitely want to make time in the near future to read the other volumes. Anyone by chance know how many have been translated? I found a source that has the first 17 translated but missing the 5 after.

As far as my 2 cents though on the topic; without MC sister relinquishing her feelings for him (love/romantically) I cannot see MC with anyone that isn't her unless there is character development where her feelings slowly change/mature and she sees him as no more than her brother. Having him paired with someone that isn't her when her feelings remain unchanged by the end of the story just doesn't seem likely. (Mind you I only say that because of the relationship of the 2 over the course of the story, i'm not very familiar/watch harem genre but I assume that ships that don't sail end with other characters also still in love the the MC)
EuphoricMelodyAug 28, 2017 10:34 PM
Nov 23, 2020 6:28 AM
Oct 2020
The author ship tatsuya x miyuki.

He plan to make story about their descendants.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Volume 32 Discussion

Syureria - Oct 12, 2020

19 by StarZone1 »»
Aug 2, 2023 9:52 AM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Volume 24 Discussion

Zaphkiel_El_Rem - Sep 21, 2018

2 by StarZone1 »»
Jul 22, 2023 10:22 PM

» English translations

dadroo - Jan 26, 2023

2 by dadroo »»
Jan 26, 2023 2:36 AM

» [spoiler] Shiba Tatsuya & Miyuki

Syureria - Aug 25, 2020

16 by zensh »»
Jul 11, 2022 10:52 AM

» Mahouka Koukou no Retoussei Volume 16 Discussion/Spoilers *major spoilers*

Lolcats1997 - Jul 13, 2015

17 by zensh »»
Jul 11, 2022 10:50 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.