Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 29, 2012 6:49 AM

Aug 2010
JoshOfRJNN said:
Saorin said:
Wow, all those people act so unbelievably weird.

Kanae sees people getting murdered and doesn't receive a real shock? The family just departs and acts like nothing happened?
And then Lucy slaughters Kanae with blood splashing everywhere on the train and Kouta's father doesn't seem to notice at first, while calmly reading his newspaper, although all of that is happening a few feet away?!

Then Kouta finally remembers how his father and sister were killed by the person who's standing in front of him, who's been living with him the past weeks and he doesn't show any real sign of extreme emotion towards Lucy? He even blushes when he falls onto her?! WTF?!
That was total crap.

LOLOL I was thinking the same exact thing when I saw that. XD

me too their reactions are stupid......
Dec 23, 2012 6:22 AM
Oct 2012
Bando kill that Lucy for me :D
Feb 17, 2013 3:52 AM

Jun 2012
Pretty good episode to end the series, although I didn't really like the series much.
4/5.

Feb 25, 2013 3:18 PM
Feb 2013
Kouta had a hard childhood.
Apr 2, 2013 7:41 PM

Mar 2013
disapointed by 35 but i thought the rest was ok even though it was predictable
"Stop whining, all I did was chop off your stupid legs."
May 16, 2013 3:20 PM

Apr 2013
Good episode but too many flashbacks.
Seriously Lucy is too cruel. Only one episode left -_-
Jul 15, 2013 1:23 PM

Dec 2012
They just left Nana in the water. Or maybe Kurama picked her up when Bandoh got there.
Sep 8, 2013 2:41 PM
Aug 2013
I'm gonna go ahead and say that Kouta's manga reaction is many times more intense. As to Kanae's seeming lack of reaction, I would say she is in shock afterwords, but it all seemed so nightmarish and surreal, it's taking time to sink in, and that was time she proved not to have. The family was leaving Kamakura in the next couple of days anyway, and the odd situation made the father want out all that much sooner. Similarly, the father's manga reaction to Kanae's death is better - he charges Lucy, for all the good it does him.

Lucy was in a fragile state, for all her power. Her mind sadly equated Kouta's small lie meant to spare her feelings with the way she had been set up at the orphanage, before the puppy was killed.
Sep 25, 2013 8:25 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Saorin said:

Kanae sees people getting murdered and doesn't receive a real shock? The family just departs and acts like nothing happened?
And then Lucy slaughters Kanae with blood splashing everywhere on the train and Kouta's father doesn't seem to notice at first, while calmly reading his newspaper, although all of that is happening a few feet away?!

Then Kouta finally remembers how his father and sister were killed by the person who's standing in front of him, who's been living with him the past weeks and he doesn't show any real sign of extreme emotion towards Lucy? He even blushes when he falls onto her?! WTF?!
That was total crap.

You would expect the sound of breaking bones, or blood all over the train to be noticed quickly. I was surprised Kouta's father didn't notice the argument between Lucy, Kanae, and Kouta, and the slap to Kanea. Still I feel bad for Kouta, his life was normal, and once he meets Lucy, his life changes for the worst. I just hope nothing bad happens to Yuka, she just wants to be with Kouta and hope things return to normal.

Oct 14, 2013 11:57 PM

Jul 2013
Saddest episode of my life.... i feel so bad for kohta's sister, like wtf she died trying to save him, and he was a bitch to her :'(
Feb 4, 2014 7:02 AM

Oct 2013
ChaosMaster8 said:
God, that train flashback was intense. I was fully prepared for what would happen, but still... Wow... Great episode.
that imouto death
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Feb 4, 2014 7:25 PM

Jan 2014
Saorin said:

That was total crap.

I noticed the same exact things lol but it was still a really good episode
Mar 14, 2014 12:33 PM

Jan 2014

This was the first time Kouta faced the vectors
*(after the loss of his memory),
so, it had to be interesting to see his reaction.
And Nyucy's humming,creepy, creepy as hell :O
I hope she will really find a way to explain it all,
because there're a lot of things to be explained
May 21, 2014 2:12 PM

Feb 2014
So Lucy killed Kouta's father and sister just because he told her that his cousin was a girl... the more I think about it the more stupid that becomes
I walk a lonely road because everyone else fell off
May 30, 2014 8:07 PM

Nov 2012
First episode that had the same impact on me as my first time watching it.
Sep 30, 2014 11:41 PM

Oct 2013
VanishingKira said:
First episode that had the same impact on me as my first time watching it.

I think I might have to agree. This was a really intense and sad episode.

I have a feeling Bando's gonna be offed next episode. SADFACE

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Nov 18, 2014 3:10 PM

Oct 2014
I found Kohta's familys deaths pretty sad. It was interesting to see how their entire completed backstory played out now. I wonder where it will go from here with only one episode left? Lucy seems to still care for Kohta at least, not sure what Kohta feels about her, though he did blush when he fell on her? Despite having just seen her kill a ton of soldiers and remembering her killing his family. I agree with other posters about the weirdness of Kane seeing people torn apart but not having much of a reaction, and the family leaving like nothing was wrong.

I feel awful for Kohta and Kane that the last words he said to her were "Or I'll hate you forever". I can't even imagine what that would be like. Nyu trying to emulate Kanae so she could said "Don't be sad/I forgive you" was very cute. I wonder at this point how much of Nyu and Lucy are crossed over? There are definitely extremes on both sides, obviously, but Lucy seems to be a little more compassionate and Nyu seems to be able to articulate herself better and understand things better.

Overall it was a pretty good episode though, very intense, probably my favorite of the series thus far.
Feb 22, 2015 9:14 PM
Jan 2015
the train flashback was really shocking but made it all clear
Feb 27, 2015 4:45 AM

Feb 2015
This was a good episode and it's now interesting to see how Kohta will react to this all. And he better not to forgive Lucy! She killed his little sister and father and numerous other people. I just wonder how he wasn't more scare of Lucy since he saw her slaughtering all those people.

I felt bad for the lady who was cut in half...

But yay, Nana is probably going to be okay. I really hope she can live happily with his papa.

35 kid was surprisingly easy to take care of. Nana probably did something to her so she couldn't use her vectors. Good job Nana! She was really creepy though.

Btw, lmao, the flashback scene where Lucy strangled Kohta and Kohta was like "hey what went to you" and continued like she wasn't trying to kill him just a second ago
Homeless_SwallowMay 13, 2015 3:11 PM
"Oh, I wasn't trying to be funny.. I would've put a 'Haha' at the end of it."

Mar 26, 2015 7:08 PM

Nov 2014
May 2, 2015 1:44 AM

Sep 2014
What was train driver doing while all this was happening ?
Jun 25, 2015 9:26 AM

Apr 2013
VampireLord said:
JoshOfRJNN said:

Yeah that was just plain awful writing there xD
Jul 7, 2015 6:13 AM

May 2015
Uh, and all this time I thought it was actually Nana from this reminiscence. But then again, Kohta lied that his little sister died from a disease because he wanted to forget that Lucy actually stood behind all of this?
Oct 3, 2015 8:37 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
then said:
So, not what I expected, apart from lots of flashbacks, #35 gets incapacitated pretty quickly, Nana disappears, Lucy shows up and messes up everyone then we get the gun man who goes after Lucy who then escapes.

next ep last ep. big showdown with number 35?

Nov 19, 2015 9:02 AM
Nov 2015
This episode was pretty damn messed up At the end of this episode I felt strong sense of hatred towards kouta's character design This made him look like hypocrite as he reacted so damn seriously for a shall being Broken and did nothing after realising that the person standing in front of him blasted his joyous childhood into smitherenes I felt like they rushed in the development of this episode Their were no feels at all on kouta's part as actions speak more than tears in these circumstances I could feel bad for kouta's sis as she tried to protect her wimp brother only to get slaped by him and then slaughtered by Lucy I don't really care if Lucy dies or not as she has become an antagonist in the series as well as has a twisted sense of logic
Dec 11, 2015 12:42 PM

Nov 2015
Yeah it's hard to have much sympathy for Lucy at this point.

Also kid Kouta was way better than adult Kouta.

Also why Is Lucy running from Bando when she just killed a dozen guys with guns
aXemeXaDec 11, 2015 12:46 PM
Dec 13, 2015 7:09 PM

Oct 2012
Man I love her titties.

-parghee
Jan 19, 2016 10:18 AM

Sep 2011
Clement said:
So Lucy killed Kouta's father and sister just because he told her that his cousin was a girl... the more I think about it the more stupid that becomes

he told her that his cousin was a "boy", not a girl!
Jan 19, 2016 8:02 PM

Feb 2014
Okay so this anime has been disturbing ever since the beginning but for the past few episodes is been very hard to watch. To see Kanae split in half like that and then the dad's head to be torn off right after is sickening. How could Kohta forget that incident! I've had a feeling that Lucy killed Kohta's sister from the start. As much as I think Lucy needs love and affection, there comes a point where you can't trust her any more...

What happened to Nana though????
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 10, 2016 3:28 PM

Jul 2014
Why does everyone in this show have bad aim? Were they trained by the Imperial Stormtroopers?

2/5
Apr 26, 2016 4:07 PM
Jul 2018
Lucy goes on another killing spree. Shit.
She was merciless towards his sister and his father. That was ruthless and I think it hurt her bad, too (remember a couple of episodes back when Lucy revealed herself to Kouta and cried about how she wasn't worthy of being with him?)
The recaps hurt this episode (a little recap is fine, but there was too much; I feel like they were using the recaps to fill the episode's run time).
Still pretty good though. I hope it'll all turn out good, and that Nana will live because it'd suck if she died too ;o;

VampireLord said:
JoshOfRJNN said:

Yeah, it was rather poorly executed, unfortunately.

Clement said:

On its own it would be stupid, but you gotta think about it: Lucy has been lied to, bullied, and downright abused her entire life. All she has ever known was hate, and then she fell for another person again who convinced her that he's her friend. It was a petty little lie, but all of the events that led up to it caused Lucy to not know any better and overreact.
I feel like most viewers don't actually pay much attention to the events of the episodes that they watch...

Saburo-kun said:
Pretty good episode to end the series, although I didn't really like the series much.
4/5.

You realize that this wasn't the last episode though, right?
removed-userApr 26, 2016 4:17 PM
Jun 2, 2016 10:41 AM

Mar 2016
fuck off lucy !!!!!!
Jul 27, 2016 10:31 AM

Mar 2016
That flashback was something.
And to think that if he had heard his sister maybe she wouldn't have died.

Btw,the plot on this anime is getting worse (even though i am enjoying it):
> the girl killed his father and sister and he doesnt even show any emotion and saves her
wtf
Dec 13, 2016 6:48 AM

Jun 2016
Nana somehow disables #35 and escapes.
Lucy gets back and Kohta remembers everything.
Down to last episode <3
Dec 15, 2016 8:44 AM

Jun 2016
Really?!?!?!?!? you save her from a bullet after she killed your family, and then you blush because your both in the ground.....clearly she is not the only one with mental issues.

But it was immensely satisfying seeing all those Gores.
Feb 9, 2017 11:29 AM

May 2016
Poor Kouta seeing his sister and father get killed by her that is really quite hard.
Apr 2, 2017 6:52 PM

Jan 2015
So intense! The flashback was a lot more emotional than I expected. I feel bad that his last words to his sister were basically I hate you forever.
One more episode...
Aug 28, 2017 6:59 AM

Sep 2014
Wow, I did not expect to see a kid split in half like that, but this is Elfen Lied after all.

Overall this was an ok episode.

I definitely agree with the other posters, the character's emotional displays in this anime have been fairly dismal and disappointing. Especially Khouta's. The characters don't react when they see extreme gore or people being ripped in half and it takes away from the shock of it. Seeing that type of destruction would give someone PTSD for life and yet the characters don't even think twice about it.

I'm very, very disappointed in Khouta's reaction when he confronts Lucy, he barely even reacts despite what he's just seen and remembered.

I really hate Lucy, I've hated her ever since the first few episodes. It doesn't matter how much of a tough childhood she had, she's killed so many innocent people that she's completely beyond redemption now and she needs to DIE!

Bando is an ass but now I fully support him and I really want him to kill Lucy.

I really hope Nana is ok, she's one of my fav characters in this show along with Mayu, Yuka and Bando. I like Khouta too, despite his lack of emotional display. But I really hate Lucy because of the things she's done and nothing she does can ever redeem her actions. I only liked young Lucy when she was friends with the dog, lonely but still innocent. When she went off the rails and started killing random people, I lost all sympathy for her.

Quite disappointed because of how Khouta handled the confrontation but I still liked this episode.

I'm gearing up to read the manga as I hear it expands a lot on everything and is more in depth.

I love Elfen Lied, I just love that unexplainable vibe I get it from it. It's both melancholic and brutal and raw. Can't wait to get right into the manga after finishing the anime.
Platinum-PalaceAug 28, 2017 7:10 AM
The afternoon has gently passed me by
The evening spreads its sail against the sky
Waiting for tomorrow
Just another day
God bid yesterday goodbye...
Sep 1, 2017 5:20 PM

Mar 2013
Saorin said:

That was total crap.

All of this YES. Exactly my thought. Like what the hell??
Mar 3, 2018 3:13 AM
Dec 2017
What the ********.......................
Lucy killed kouta's Father and sister... still he doing nothing... and still he care about his romantic feeling ! is it ok that easy? i never known... that could happen.. its totally ridiculous.... fuck i just waste my time to watch this fucking anime
Aug 24, 2018 2:06 AM
Mar 2018
I was literally shaking seeing the backstory of him and his sister .Though I haven't really liked the anime so far,this episode was amazing.
IchimeiAug 24, 2020 10:46 AM
Sep 23, 2018 9:51 PM
Jul 2017
Final Sad d+ slk só n tanto qnt manga
Feb 28, 2019 7:40 AM
Apr 2016
So, it's all out in the open now, Lucy killed everyone & Kouta knows it now. Lucy is a yandere at it's finest tbh
Mar 26, 2019 6:02 PM
Mar 2019
Kouta is the most compassionate idiot ever. Who loves on the person who killed your family like that. He is the super extreme version of an empath. Sheesh.
May 24, 2019 10:36 PM

Jul 2016
Well, the operation at the bridge was a total disaster (as expected)... 12 episodes later and they still use regular ammo against Diclonius...

And also sorry but I had to laugh at Kouta's father being killed in such irrelevant way. Not to mention that I also found it funny how he didn't give a shit about all the fuss Kanae was making in the train regarding Lucy a few moments ago.

Anyways, just one more episode and this absurd series will finally be over.

P.S.: That Bando's long ass jump tho xD
SouthRzVaMay 24, 2019 10:44 PM
May 6, 2020 9:03 PM

Mar 2020
lmfaoo holy shit this is officially the most retarded show i've ever seen
"yea you ripped my little sister in half and decapitated my father but i still kinda wanna fuck *gets shy*" lmao i'm crying
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
May 6, 2020 9:15 PM

Mar 2020
Saorin said:

That was total crap.

lool funniest shit ever
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Jun 3, 2020 2:22 PM

Dec 2018
Seems Nana knew a trick against Diclonius that only she knows herself, I wonder.

Kohta: Kanae, what's the matter?
Kanae:[insert irrelevant line here] -> You're a dummy, big brohter! Dummy! Someone like you should get killed by the girl with horns!

If Kanae dies at that time, I wonder how could that seashell triggers her, when she haven't see what's Kanae's hobby, unless if this anime cut some scenes from the manga.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Sep 22, 2020 5:41 AM
Aug 2020
so many flashbacks it was soo boring, and the killing scenes were brutal my god! It's like Lucy is the imposter and we're al the crewmates LOL.

ann_sordoSep 22, 2020 5:44 AM
Feb 8, 2021 12:21 PM

Jan 2020
Eh, never really cared about his sister or dad.
Also, uh- how in the world did Kohta not realize that until now.. I mean it looked pretty obvious to me. Unless if he has some memory problems...

Flashbacks got boring though ;-;
Already knew his sister died, and that made this episode even more tiring.

Well, let's see how this will end.
3099Feb 8, 2021 12:28 PM
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» How is this still rated 7.5?

Dirittoprocedura - Apr 29

25 by Phloup »»
Apr 29, 2:28 PM

Poll: » Elfen Lied Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Sandgolem - Aug 26, 2007

139 by ssangy »»
Apr 3, 12:36 PM

Poll: » Elfen Lied Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Chelle - Aug 21, 2007

199 by vikivill »»
Apr 1, 1:49 PM

Poll: » Elfen Lied Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

then - Nov 30, 2007

105 by GarlicDead »»
Mar 31, 5:08 PM

Poll: » Elfen Lied Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

then - Dec 4, 2007

429 by DigitalCoin »»
Mar 11, 3:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.