Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 30, 2007 10:36 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow. This episode wasn't full of the funnies like the other episodes (except 6). But I still rofled at Mimi's imaginative scene with boy Rin.
Dec 1, 2007 2:33 AM

Jun 2007
Haha...Yea...Wasnt as funny as the other episodes, Mimi's imagination FTW in this episode though...
Dec 1, 2007 10:22 AM

May 2007
XD
Kokonoe as a boy was something i didn´t saw coming XDDD

Damn... I sure this series will end without a "real end". Thanks to the fact that main heroin is a real loli.
Dec 1, 2007 10:35 AM

Sep 2007
imo it was a greeat episode.
we knew now how rin was in the past ofc it is obviously, after a big shock like this.
and how she cry and all was touching either.
Dec 1, 2007 5:47 PM
Jun 2007
That was a nice episode ^^
Dec 4, 2007 7:43 PM
Oct 2007
Lol,

Lesson learnt, don't dress up as a boy, lest you be molested by your teacher!

For some reason I found myself laughing a lot this episode, but it seems no one else did as much as past episodes.

Hmm

Dec 5, 2007 12:31 AM

Nov 2007
It won't have a real end, since it's just going to stop at some midpoint of the manga. Hopefully the reception is good enough that it will get more episodes in the future when there's more source material.

Flashback Rin and co. were exceptionally cute.

And I laughed the most at Kuro's OTL. She made herself sad, aw.
Dec 6, 2007 2:57 PM

Aug 2007
dang I can't believe it took me this long to watch this ep. Anyway, cool ep. Shirai sensei needs a hug
Aug 13, 2008 1:37 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
That was a really good episode with a lot of progress. Kuro-chan was awesome in this episode, like always.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Oct 28, 2008 2:40 PM

Mar 2008
Nice episode, Rin has a lot of good ideas ^^ In the end, it has some meaning, she's still hurt by her mother's death :(

Ah, and in the meantime, i found a torrent with all the episodes in dvd version. I'm happy ^^
akuma2002Oct 28, 2008 2:47 PM
Mar 17, 2009 5:58 PM

May 2008
lmao being a boy has its difficulties too lol

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Oct 20, 2009 3:21 PM

Oct 2009
every time I saw rin touch aoki I thought he was going to get fired. many scary scenes.
Jan 17, 2010 11:04 PM

Aug 2008
Had to laugh at someone mentioning that Shirai-sensei didn't get enough hugs. That was terribly obvious. She looks like someone that got beat for forgetting to floss. And Rin dressing as a boy had its fun moments, too. Poor Kuro!

Overall it was funny, but more touching than I expected. My eyes get all watery whenever Rin starts freaking out and showing her vulnerable side. If anyone needed a hug...

May 28, 2010 9:30 PM

Aug 2008
Quite a remarkable episode... 'Cause it really feels like the turning point between a conflict and the possible total happiness of Rin... You know looks like Reiji has realized that Rin is doing bad trying to make her poor teacher fall in love with her. And she's kind of succeeding doing it so, but he hardly knows what to do XD I mean he still doesn't know what to do, if he can love her then it would be like sexual harassment like Shirai-sensei said but in the other way if he doesn't care/love Rin she could be quite sad...

But here's the catch... why does Rin love Aoki-sensei so much... I still don't get it... maybe it's 'cause I've seen the first episode so long ago... but I dun understand why... Mini Kuro, Mimi and Rin were awesomely cute... And their friendship blossoming is cute too! And now I do understand why Rin is like that...

Kuro pretty much dying for boy-Rin was awesome Hahahaha I almost pissed my pants when the poor girl was bleeding to death hahahaha... Mimi's obsession for... that "thing" is hilarious too! hahahaha Seeing sensei's thing and knowing it can grow he got pretty much scared XD... Wonder why she got so scared XD

Signs,
Green
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 13, 2010 2:57 AM

Jan 2010
this is just getting better and better ^^
poor Rin,she's such a sensitive girl :(

5/5

rebwaters said:

But here's the catch... why does Rin love Aoki-sensei so much... I still don't get it... maybe it's 'cause I've seen the first episode so long ago... but I dun understand why... Mini Kuro, Mimi and Rin were awesomely cute... And their friendship blossoming is cute too! And now I do understand why Rin is like that...

i don't think this is the case at all...Rin loves Aoki as a parent,but she is too young and doesn't realise this...that's my 2 cents
and she does all this stuff to get his attention,so I guess she saw him as a good guy and a good replacement for her mother

if this is going as good,i'm gonna give this a 9 :)
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Apr 14, 2011 4:31 PM
Jul 2018
Hmm...im not sure if we can say that Rin loves Aoki as a parent yet...

After all, she would sexually tease him all throughout, but Im starting to think that that is simply to keep a certain demongraphic of viewers interested.

On the other side of the road, there's a deeper underlying theme regarding the loneliness/hardships children go through when losing a parent, and how much more crucial the teacher-student relationship thus becomes.

The moe/loli stuff is bearable, but after the epic episode 6, theres been a shift in the mood of the series which I really am interested in!
Jul 2, 2011 6:38 PM

Mar 2011
rebwaters said:
But here's the catch... why does Rin love Aoki-sensei so much... I still don't get it... maybe it's 'cause I've seen the first episode so long ago... but I dun understand why... Mini Kuro, Mimi and Rin were awesomely cute... And their friendship blossoming is cute too! And now I do understand why Rin is like that..

I always figured that because he's her homeroom teacher he's the man who she has the most contact with (after Reiji of course) so he's a natural target of her affections.

Loved Kuro spurting blood at the sight of Rin as a boy, then trapping herself in her own paradox about same sex love!

Then in the flashbacks, when the teachers voice shouted 'what are you doing', Kuro turns around to make an excuse and there is Mimi on a desk trying to see if she has a penis! Har har har!

Love it!
Sep 7, 2011 2:17 AM

May 2011
"You can get angry or punish me... Anything is better than you... Ignoring me!" Wow that was very deep and heart wrenching what Rin said :'(

It was adorable and an "aww" moment when Reiji was holding Rin when she was sleeping, and she was dreaming of being carried by Aoki-sensei instead

Nov 17, 2011 2:19 AM

Sep 2011
"Didn't you know? Girls also have a penis, but it's hidden." LOL great episode!
Aug 6, 2012 3:29 PM

Oct 2009
MajorAddiction said:
dang I can't believe it took me this long to watch this ep. Anyway, cool ep. Shirai sensei needs a hug

Yeah she does...great ep ^^
El Psy Congroo

まだまだだね!!!
Aug 30, 2012 6:08 PM

Aug 2012

Just some of my input:

My favorite episode so far, absolutely love it.

Sep 9, 2012 8:36 PM

Jul 2012
Mimi's got a wild imagination haha
poor Rin was ignored the entire episode :c
Aug 9, 2013 9:54 AM

May 2012
A lots of hugs and seeking for attention well the blood nose from Kuro was pretty funny :p Well great episode either way lets see what's next!
Sep 2, 2013 3:27 PM
Nov 2009
then said:
Lol,

Lesson learnt, don't dress up as a boy, lest you be molested by your teacher!

That was funny.
Well put.
May 26, 2014 2:22 AM
Feb 2014
sometimes the Aoki-sensei is really stupid
Mar 27, 2015 4:36 PM

Oct 2013
hahah I'll get pregnant
cute ep some feels
This anime is wrong on so many levels but i love it
[/quote]
May 11, 2017 2:56 AM

Feb 2013
Damn, my kokoro is falling apart again, I want to see her happy.
Mar 25, 2018 9:48 AM

Oct 2012
Not bad episode, showing that she really crave about being loved. Also interesting backstory right there. And it was about time for Aoki to get scolded off for his behavior.

What I don't understand is just why such figure has to be her teacher and not her cousin (almost father), she grew up with him and it seems he is very nice on her.

And don't let me start about excessive understanding and tolerance other teachers have. I know it's not as big deal as hinted because those children are just feeling insecure and lonely at this age which leads to all those awkward interactions. This is Japan so other teachers would probably have to cover up for him IRL but I doubt they would be too happy about his unusual skinship approach. But what irks me the most is that he probably thinks it's perfectly normal to act that way towards his pupils. If anything he should talk with her cousin again and explain him she needs more of his love.
Oct 5, 2020 5:01 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Oh okay so now it's crossdressing time...xD well it's clearly because she suffers from her mother's death
Mar 20, 2021 3:10 AM

Aug 2018
Rin sitting with dead eyes in her first class.. And being mute.. Well.. Her mother just died, after all..
And well.. If we talk about real life, not anime.. Children like some touches from time to time.. Like be it sitting on lap, or hugs, or just something.. Even with teacher some children will do something like that.. And in real life they indeed can crush sometimes on the teacher as well.. Regardless of gender.. This is anime, though.. And I still don't understand too well, really, how this anime positions itself.. Whether it tries to be fanservicy in this, or it tries to just show that children can be seductive sometimes, just because of their innocence.. I don't understand too well, what anime tries to do with this, to be honest.. Well, maybe with ending I'll understand.. Or maybe won't.. Will see..
Dec 30, 2022 11:46 AM

Aug 2019
rin got more than what she was ready for :D also that jiggle on her ass when aoiki slapped it :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 29, 2023 11:25 AM

Sep 2010
There's a lot of things I disliked with this episode.
Does not stand up to the rest of the show so far.
The whole "doll" thing was disgusting.

More topics from this board

» What reasons are there NOT to watch Kodomo no Jikan?

Carvewin91 - Jan 10, 2023

13 by luksthefool »»
Mar 19, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Kodomo no Jikan Episode 7 Discussion

Tenshin - Nov 25, 2007

25 by Acctra »»
Jan 10, 6:49 PM

Poll: » Kodomo no Jikan Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

deli53 - Nov 17, 2007

100 by Acctra »»
Jan 10, 5:49 PM

Poll: » Kodomo no Jikan Episode 12 Discussion

Maeni - Dec 17, 2008

44 by Erquint »»
Oct 13, 2023 3:16 PM

Poll: » Kodomo no Jikan Episode 11 Discussion

Crisu - Dec 22, 2007

43 by Erquint »»
Oct 13, 2023 2:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.