Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 26, 2009 1:36 AM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
This chapter was good. I guess I should have suspected that Mion was actually dead, because the report said that she was. But I kinda thought that Shion was the one who died at the school, when everyone kept calling her Mion. I was that she finished off that old man he deserved it.
So all in all it was good ending.
Sep 5, 2010 9:48 PM

Jan 2009
Yoigoshi-hen managed to get me cried manly tears. Very bittersweet, especially when Shion & Akira stood in front of the school's ruin. A very good end, very satisfying.
Oct 16, 2010 12:04 PM

Jun 2009
It was so sad! Almost from very beginning I thought that it's actually Shion because when she saw Okabe, she called him Satoshi. Later I thought that she might be akane, then I changed my mind and thought that she's really Mion (because of those memories). But really, the ending got me near tears.
Dec 28, 2011 4:20 AM
Jul 2018
Aww. So Mion did really died in that explosion and she possess Shion to complete the goal. What a turnaround of events! Glad that Yae didn't commit suicide though.
Jul 6, 2012 10:28 AM

Jun 2012
It was sooo sad! But the best chapter :P Shion is my fav character, so I guess that's why.
"It'd be nice if next time we're twins again" - This made me cry ;((
Amazing :)
Nov 8, 2017 5:18 PM

Aug 2016
Wasn't my favorite Higurashi arc but it was still pretty good! Though the art in this one I thought wasn't that great at times, 11/10 though
Jan 16, 2022 3:16 AM

Dec 2009
Horrible sequel to Tsumihoroboshi in a future where Rena explodes the school in fire, killing all her friends, including Mion.

The plot of the story for a new villain as Mifune (who doesn't exist in the source visual novel) to want to kill the last Sonozaki name (Shion) for power is implausible.
I doubt the Sonozaki family would have a rule that allows a non-family member to become the successor.
Oryou is dead, so Akane becoming the successor so that Shion isn't is plausible.

Apparently this is canon and written by Ryukishi07... Regardless.
I believe that Mifune taking over the men and resources of the Sonozaki name by having all of the Sonozaki's dead is impossible in the sense of being a non-Sonozaki.
I imagine Oryou would probably have a set deal that their organization dies with them.

No matter. I don't know if the supernatural aspect in this is more plausible from the other stories from the Higurashi universe (Umineko, etc.) but if not, nonetheless, Mion possessing Shion is weird, worse is that to become the successor they need a damn bell?! That never existed in the visual novel, so that's plain bullshit.

Rika as a ghost guiding Ghost-Mion (possessing Shion) is odd too, since the first and only appearance of the protagonists as Ghosts is in Minagoroshi. Logically, we've only experienced the life of the looping Rika, but never of the others (from all world lines) before she restarts, or after she dies. So, a Ghost Rika guiding "Shion" to that scroll map to find the bell, while the Rika who's now at peace also lives... seems hard to believe that in the lore of Higurashi, all the other Rika's who've failed continue to help her friends in the "bad" world lines.

Possible, but it's never been mentioned before, and with a shit story at that.
The attempt of confusion and false hints felt meaningless, since it's a worldline after the Disaster, while the "good" world line exists, which makes the attempted suspense feel powerless.
It was quite obvious early on that it was Shion.
Two of the side characters coincidentally having crazy lives in a dangerous setting in between Shion's war was shit.
Takano must have proved her case, but the lack of her existence in this environment, with instead this random Mifune and unnecessary secondary characters was completely useless.

I'm not sure if the sword is supposed to be that demon sword that the ancestor of Hanyuu used against the Onigafuchi Demon which was secretly mentioned at the end of the visual novel,
but a katana to open up a fucking bell...

Mion was extremely skilled in combat, and she is a Ghost possessing Shion, but defeating and dodging men with guns, and Shion being unharmed even though she got shot through Mion is ridiculous.
No sign of existence of that from the source either.

... Overall, an extremely poorly dreadful created story based on the lore of Higurashi with non-existent implausible concepts. 2/10.
Sep 27, 2023 1:32 AM
May 2021
wow this was a really good side story manga. Loved it
Apr 12, 5:47 AM

Apr 2020
Talk to the dead, cut down a bullet, and possess her sister. Mion is insane damn.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni: Yoigoshi-hen Chapter 12 Discussion

DefeatingMe - Apr 12

0 by DefeatingMe »»
Apr 12, 5:24 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni: Yoigoshi-hen Chapter 11 Discussion

DefeatingMe - Apr 12

0 by DefeatingMe »»
Apr 12, 5:10 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni: Yoigoshi-hen Chapter 10 Discussion

DefeatingMe - Apr 12

0 by DefeatingMe »»
Apr 12, 4:54 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni: Yoigoshi-hen Chapter 9 Discussion

DefeatingMe - Apr 12

0 by DefeatingMe »»
Apr 12, 4:38 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Yoigoshi-hen Chapter 8 Discussion

The_Deity_Of_Sin - Apr 26, 2009

3 by DefeatingMe »»
Apr 12, 4:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.