Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 23, 2009 7:18 PM

Feb 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Poetic justice is a bitch isn't it? Like always say be careful with whom you messing with
Jun 26, 2009 10:40 AM
Jun 2009
Thx
Oct 25, 2009 7:51 PM

Nov 2008
The ending was lame and did not match the rest of this series at all. It was a letdown.
May 31, 2010 1:22 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
arimakenshin said:
The ending was lame and did not match the rest of this series at all. It was a letdown.
Really? I liked it. If he can survive all that he's been through then I think he can survive a gun shot wound to his stomach from a 10 year old girl.

Good series. The action scenes were really good especially with the bg music they had. The sex scenes though were just too silly and just made me roll my eyes :/ I think this will be my first and last hentai.

6/10
p r o f i l e 👀
Oct 11, 2010 1:35 PM

Apr 2009
Naruleach said:
arimakenshin said:
Really? I liked it. If he can survive all that he's been through then I think he can survive a gun shot wound to his stomach from a 10 year old girl.

It was OK for me. I saw that he was shot at point-blank range to the chest and it looks like a through and through leaving an exit wound in the back with all that blood spurting out of him, and also the girl was carrying the same type of gun they were using so she could be an assassin too. Uhmm sorry it seems I've been watching too much CSI, hehehe.

I was hoping he'll survive to come home to Sawa but I don't think he will survive that gunshot. :( Those cats will have to find somebody to feed them now.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Dec 19, 2010 4:37 AM
Nov 2008
I wanted to ask, whose foot steps do you think were at the end when Sawa was lying down? I'm hoping it was Oburi because I don't Oburi got shot in a fatal area like the head or the heart (or it could just be my wishful thinking).
Nov 2, 2011 12:05 PM
Sep 2011
I didn't quite get it. Is the moral of this something like "Do not disappoint teenage girls, you'll regret it"?
Apr 27, 2012 10:46 PM

Jan 2012
Ending was dumb and totally lolrandom. Because the little girl whose basketball you shot went out, bought a gun, and knew exactly when you were coming, right?

Other than that, it was very commendable. It is definitely not what I would consider a Hentai(in the traditional sense), but I felt that the sex scenes were necessary plot devices. 8/10
Lemme smang it girl.
May 10, 2012 1:53 AM

Nov 2011
I thought that was a fine ending. To answer the question above, the little girl was quite heavily hinted as another assassin (which explains why she had the same type of gun) trained by Akai/Kanie, and was also referenced to earlier in the episode. Seeing as Sawa was assigned the task of killing Oburi, it's not surprising that the little girl may have gotten the same mission. As for knowing exactly when Oburi was coming, there's quite many ways that could have be done, and don't really require explanation. I do question the reason why Sawa held back for so long. It seemed like she simply didn't care until she met Oburi. Also the footsteps at the end felt like a cheap way to leave an open end, and I rather interpret that Oburi died. Other than that, the plot was decent and it had some nice action (fighting) scenes and music.
MissileSoupMay 10, 2012 2:03 AM
May 31, 2012 7:31 AM

Oct 2009
Not like a happy ending would have gotten rid of this frustration.

Even though the show went a bit too /err/ some point, it's still a great piece of animation with great textual worth.

Don't really have anything to say.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 8, 2013 12:05 AM

Oct 2009
This wasn't exactly a hentai..
It was really good though, the OST and even the animation was great, plot was O.K..

The ending, i don't know i think Oburi is actually dead..the footsteps could the little girl coming to kill Sawa too?

I don't see why he had to die though >.>

7/10
Sep 24, 2013 5:29 AM

May 2013
nice ending love it felt like mardooc scamble 9/10
Sep 24, 2013 7:09 AM

May 2013
MissileSoup said:
I thought that was a fine ending. To answer the question above, the little girl was quite heavily hinted as another assassin (which explains why she had the same type of gun) trained by Akai/Kanie, and was also referenced to earlier in the episode. Seeing as Sawa was assigned the task of killing Oburi, it's not surprising that the little girl may have gotten the same mission. As for knowing exactly when Oburi was coming, there's quite many ways that could have be done, and don't really require explanation. I do question the reason why Sawa held back for so long. It seemed like she simply didn't care until she met Oburi. Also the footsteps at the end felt like a cheap way to leave an open end, and I rather interpret that Oburi died. Other than that, the plot was decent and it had some nice action (fighting) scenes and music.

yeah i wonder if sawa was held for so long to gain their trust and then stab them in the back in the end? i think oburi didnt die right?

and in kite liberator is the red eye girl the same girl who shot oburi
Mar 8, 2014 3:09 PM

Apr 2012
I don't understand how they persuade kids to kill the targets by saying "they're child molesters"... while being child molesters themselves.

Really predictable besides that, just really mediocre.
Sep 16, 2014 8:18 AM

Jun 2013
That girl at the end who shot Oburi may have been the replacement that they had gotten for Oburi, just a wild guess. I really enjoyed this, yeah some H-scenes were stupid but that shouldn't really take away from the story.
Jun 10, 2015 3:46 PM

Apr 2013
A good action flick with sex and violence. Not worth tho rewatch.
Jun 14, 2015 12:58 AM

Feb 2013
Well......that was something I just watched.....

It didn't suck....but.....I don't know....

Also to call this a hentai is a bit of an overstatement....I mean there was sex yes, but the sex wasn't the focus of it...
unmemorableheroJun 14, 2015 9:45 PM
Jun 15, 2015 9:19 AM

Feb 2008
Man that scene when she was falling, that was some over the top action.

It was alright for what it was. Had some decent action and an ok revenge plot. The execution wasn't that good and the sex scenes were hilarious to look at.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Apr 2, 2016 8:28 PM

Mar 2013
At the end there, Sawa was in the spot waiting and you hear the door open and a grunt. I'm betting it was Oburi, injured & keeping his promise of coming back to that spot, even if he had a gunshot wound.
Jun 5, 2016 3:59 AM

Apr 2015
This was pretty good with action and everything,just wish it didn't have the sex scenes tbh
Jul 16, 2016 7:29 PM

May 2015
All in all, this was actually pretty enjoyable to watch...

MissileSoup said:
QFT
Dec 29, 2016 3:56 AM

Sep 2013
Ahh...reminds me of watching anime in the 90s. Good times.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jan 23, 2017 2:23 AM

Aug 2007
I thought it was pretty decent. I thought the sex scenes were important because it showed the irony of them assassinating child molesters when they themselves were raping underage girls.

I would think Oburi died, considering the kid was the other assassin Akai mentioned in the end. This story doesn't have a optimistic tone, so the aftershocks of Akai would no doubt ruin their "happy ending."

6/10

Feb 5, 2017 4:34 AM
Jul 2018
I'm glad those two other guys got killed, but I was really hoping both Sawa and Oburi would've made it out alive. Besides that, this episode was just as watchable as the one before. Even though I didn't get a whole lot out of this rewatch, at least I got more out of it than seeing the live action adaptation. The only thing I wish I had an answer to is what the anime's title means. Is it some kind of metaphor?
Apr 24, 2018 5:51 AM
Jul 2018
Well just lol. I felt that the end was unnecessary and just there to leave a mystery, meh. Otherwise, pretty decent stuff, wouldn't call it a hentai tho, more like an OVA with sex in it.

I like Girls with guns, and thus I liked this.
7/10
May 8, 2018 3:01 AM
Jan 2018
I liked it until the end. Lost a point because of that.
Sep 10, 2018 10:06 AM

May 2016
Ouburi's death was completely unnecessary.... 4/10 could have been 6 if not that the animation was quite good on the other hand the story was crazy.
Nov 27, 2018 3:54 AM
Sep 2018
the mental scars he obtained while watching sawa get fucked at the end probably made him wish he was dead, i feel it was the best ending for HIM tbh, idc what anyone says, if he lived that wouldn't have been a gopd ending (for me at least)
Feb 8, 2019 8:02 PM

Jan 2018
surprisingly good, for an arms production that is. pretty enjoyable but tons of cheese. 6/10
Mar 19, 2019 6:36 PM

Sep 2018
I liked this episode a lot better than the first, I felt more connected to the main characters and I feel like the action scenes were done a lot better. The ending was meh, but with the tone of the story and having been a fan of the sort of 90s dark indie action films this OVA is inspired from when I was younger I was kind of expecting something like that. I didn't think it "didn't fit the story" as some people here have said, but I did think it was a lame ending, if typical for the time period. All and all this wasn't horrible, and I can see how it influenced other action anime of the time period, but it hasn't aged well. I'd recommend people just watch Mezzo Forte instead, it holds up much better, despite the fact that this is the one that gets all the attention for some reason.
KristiwazhereMar 19, 2019 7:13 PM
Dec 14, 2019 9:21 AM

Nov 2009
It really sucks that Oburi got killed in the end.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Jan 20, 2020 8:28 PM
Jul 2018
Overall, Obari's death was way too sudden, random, and forced. I can't decipher if it was significant or insignificant. Wasting away a main character like that in such a quick and unnecessary manner definitely detracts from my score of this anime.

NEVERTHELESS, I will keep an open-mind and admire the chance of something clever occuring. I saw some other people mention this in the forum. Basically, a replacement for Obari was mentioned earlier on. Very subtly. I'm guessing it was intended to be open for interpretation, but was that perspective supposed to revolve around the little basketball girl being the replacement assassin? I guess she was unaware of the death of the cop and the pink-haired guy, and was following through with an order to eliminate Obari? Maybe? This is somewhat of a clever turn-around for the plot. I might be swayed by this writing. Maybe, lol. Still felt unnecessary.

Then we've got those key footsteps briefly heard during the final shot. Also obviously open for interpretation by the writers.

Many people are simply going with the conclusion that Obari is dead, and that's that. That's the conclusion they're going with. I'm fine with that, and feel tempted to go with that conclusion as well. However, I think it's very possible that the footsteps were indeed Obari's. Let's ALL note that the bullets didn't explode after the little girl fired at him. Maybe the bullets weren't explosive to begin with, and only the red guns are capable. But with a simple gunshot wound like that, I feel like Obari could've very well recovered.

So that's just my two cents.
Jan 20, 2020 8:30 PM
Jul 2018
I do also want to briefly appreciation that there was no romance displayed between Sawa and Oburi. Then again, the way (in the dub) that Sawa said "I'll tell you anything you want about me," sounded a bit "tantalizing". But really, I like how they kinda developed a bond or friendship over their similarities and things never evolved into excessive physical contact or kissing. Keeps things fresh, yanno?
Jan 20, 2020 8:39 PM
Jul 2018
Now, regarding my experience, I actually watched the dubbed version for whatever reason. It was okay. Compared to other bad 90's English dubs, this one is definitely an improvement.

Now, the uncut version is definitely available online. I Googled "A Kite uncensored" and began to see revelavnt accessible links around the 3rd and 4th pages of Google. You're welcome. I had to watch it -- not for the lustful vibes -- but simply to say that I saw it. Trivial reasoning, I know.

Definitely don't think there's enough sex to constitute this as a "hentai". If anything, it boldens whatever relationship between Sawa and the guardian exists. Seeing it in such graphic details, and seeing the dialogue and demeanors, even if explicitly animated, contribute to our understanding of the characters, and will strengthen our feelings toward them in the future. The more depth the better. The sex wasn't forced or overblown either. Very minimal. I think there's only three nudity-based scenes too. I almost feel like the Rx rating will give an unsuspecting viewer a false expectation before watching, as it certainly did with me. In the end, the most controversial thing about the anime was the depiction of sexual relations with a minor... which is done all the time in modern anime. Heck, aren't minors in Japan below the age of 16? Sawa had to be around 16 during the start of the relations. But I don't want to assume anything. And I don't want to ramble any further either.

Overall, I really enjoyed the anime. I was hooked from start to finish. The plot wasn't too complex. It was a simple under-an-hour series of events, with many nicely executed action scenes and great intricate details. My personal favorite was the falling-from-the-building scene and the subway fight. Both impressively animated. I was even blown away by the opening scene. Something very amusing about it. It's a nicely animated gem and I'm glad to be a part of the smaller demographic of which has witnessed this. I just found out there's supposedly a sequel but I don't think I'll watch it. This was enough for me. Not too bad at all. Good anime. Good watch. 8 to 9 out of 10 stars. Would watch again.
removed-userJan 20, 2020 9:01 PM
Apr 10, 2020 6:46 AM

Mar 2020
The moral of the story was don't fuck with someone's basketball cause Ball is Life.
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Apr 10, 2020 10:07 AM
Dec 2016
8/10. Please ignore the comments in this thread because everybody in this thread must either be absolute idiots or smoked a lot of weed before watching this. Has a great soundtrack, great looking ova, nice Contained revenge story.
For the idiots in this thread. The girl at the end of the movie is the replacement for oburi. They wanted to kill oburi so of course they told his replacement to kill him. Sawa killed askai and kaine before they could tell her so they would have no idea. It’s a nice little nod that she’s the girl from earlier in the movie. Idk why you guys are looking so deep into it. She blasted him point blank. No he’s not surviving . It’s not an asspull , you guys are just stupid. It’s not trying to be edgy. That’s just the life they live in. You can’t escape . No happy endings for killers. This is also not a hentai, you see some tities that’s it. The sex isn’t graphic , it’s there for a reason.
Apr 23, 2020 9:04 PM

Dec 2015
Controversial and politically incorrect, this is how real anime should be!
I watched a remastered BD version with the censored scenes included.

Action was really good even with today's standars. I mean modern studios should watch this to learn how to do some good action scenes! The train shooting and the scene when Sawa was falling are my favourites.

I enjoyed this a lot. 8/10.

I agree with @TeeRaySays btw.
May 25, 2020 6:26 AM
Nov 2017
i love how the connection between Sawa and Oburi goes, they're both seems just like an ordinary highschooler with kids joke around, though both is into some gorefest and bloody stuff, especially Sawa that have been through adult stuff with Akai. I really hoping they have some more development time with this both character and more chemistry, but it turns out getting very rushed in the end,
overall its 7/10 for me
Jul 9, 2021 9:32 PM

Nov 2015
at first they look like two promising people imo, but at the end they just were the worst assassins ever! like these two really sucked at what they did.. 7/10.

💢

Jan 8, 2022 10:42 AM

Aug 2020
What a great hentai/anime. The H scenes were still pretty dark and somewhat disturbing but objectively they had great animation quality with lots of detailed and explicit angles. The action scenes were over the top and a bit too ridiculous at times but that's what made them so entertaining to watch. I liked that scene where as soon as the corpse of the bodyguard fell on a car, the car fell through the concrete asphalt on a truck, the truck then eventually fell through the asphalt concrete as well as some sort of a chain reacion. That scene didn't abide by the laws of physics at all and that's what made the whole segment such a bizare and fun spectacle. The ending is pretty controversial and sort of open ended. Whether you think Oburi died or not is mostly up to watchers interpretation and I like that. In my opinion bitter-sweet endings are much more memorable than some generic happy ends.

Overall I would say this is a MUST WATCH anime/hentai due to how good the story is, the amazing animation quality and the interesting blurry line between whether this is an hentai or anime.
Currently on a every hentai ever marathon, from oldest to newest.
Mar 10, 2022 10:08 AM

Jun 2017
Wtf did I just watch? It was promising at first. But after the killing of the twin actor it went downhill very fast.

Why did Sawa attack with a pepper spray when there are 3 bodyguards nearby? She is a veteran killer and doesn't come out with guns blazing. The fall through the window would have killed her even if a guy was there below her. And then Akai believes that Sawa was just acting at the end when she had no reason to fake being friendly towards Oburi. Oburi was pinned down when Sawa came to help and from Akai's perspective, Sawa fooling Oburi at that point will serve no purpose. So he should have instantly realised that she is not acting.

The two villains really were despicable but hardly got any development. Their motive stays unknown (except the money part of course). Where did they get those unique guns from without rising suspicion anyway?

The animation was choppy most of the time. I only liked the explosions and gunfights. The ending was so random too. 4/10.
Chrome_FalconMar 10, 2022 10:16 AM
Mar 15, 2022 11:19 AM

Feb 2018
I didn't get to watch the uncut scenes, which I think would have added a lot to the darkness especially for one of the later scenes

People bash on the inconsistencies but I honestly loved it, especially the dialogue and atmosphere when Sawa and Oburi were together along with the dark themes surrounding.

I have an afinity for "orphaned" characters in general so that was really what drew me in the first place and how it's usually always a sad ending.

Voice acting was really good too, I am pretty sad this seems to be Shingo's only role (Oburi)... there's a couple of scenes where I am thinking about him in connection to real life too, like I wonder what happened to him..?

That's life though
Mar 28, 2022 6:22 AM

Mar 2015
I hate how it ended for Oburi. Kinda ironic it was the basketball girl at the start.
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jun 22, 2022 2:06 PM

Dec 2020
I've been sitting on this for some time now because I keep hearing the word "hentai' thrown around so I guess I had to be in the right frame of mind to watch this.

After finishing this I don't get the overused tag of "hentai' related to this . Sure there are what , 3 or maybe 4 'sex scenes' if you would even call it that but focusing on that aspect and not talking about anything else related to the story to me is quite puzzling from most discussions. In addition to this they don't even last that long are not over the top as compared to most traditional hentai.

Now as for the story itself , yes it does have a lot of gaps and inconsistencies , such as a trained killer carrying out a hit and simnply starting with pepper spray only was such an out of character thing to do , and many other that have already have been talked about I'm sure.

Also I'm not sure why the ending was left so open , but I felt bad for Oburi in the end with that shot , It was not stated whether he died or not but as we've seen throughout the entirety of the show if someone is dead they'll show it , and they didn't.

Some can argue that he's dead from blood loss , some can say he's a trained killer so he'll survive etc so I guess it's all open for discussion.

I feel a bit jaded with the ending because on one hand I don't have a problem with the way it ended but the tone seemed a little bit inconsistent with what preceded it.

It's more of a watch and forget about kind of show.
Nov 11, 2022 6:26 PM

Feb 2017
? why didnt sawa just kill these bozos like a hundred years ago. girl says she's known for a long time that akai and kanie killed her parents soooooooo. i'm not sure if i'm missing something. it's not like there was an Entire gang it was literally 2 people and she had the capacity to kill them both at any point.

ending was ?? ok sure. my guess is that someone showed up to kill sawa in the end - possibly the same kid who killed oburi (rip)? i saw the cats and immediately thought 'yeah those cats are gonna eat her dead body'. given the whole mood of this show i really doubt that it's a happy ending with oburi and sawa both living

placeholder text
Dec 7, 2022 8:31 PM

Jun 2016
That fall was insane. they went all the way into the undeground. alright ova,killing oburi in the end was unnecessary though.
Dec 31, 2022 12:49 PM

Nov 2022
I enjoyed this anime, older ones always do it for me
[font="\"Proxima Nova Regular\", \"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"][/font]
May 1, 2023 2:22 PM
Jun 2021
I really  enjoyed  it  much!  It's  kinda  for  adults! 
Jun 17, 2023 1:31 AM
Oct 2022
really nice episode loved it
Rjboss123Jul 4, 2023 6:22 AM
Jul 12, 2023 3:05 AM

Oct 2017
not bad, not good. Pretty average except some scenes, specially the fall.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kite Episode 1 Discussion

MaxCrazy7 - Apr 23, 2009

21 by Burayan »»
Feb 16, 9:10 PM

» Amazing action scene quality, looking for more like this.

Zarutaku - Nov 13, 2023

1 by Theo1899 »»
Nov 13, 2023 12:30 PM

» "Sex scenes were necessary to the story"

Blackouting - Mar 8, 2014

27 by LoveLikeBlood »»
Dec 18, 2022 4:53 AM

» LAME ass ending

mugwump - Jun 17, 2008

33 by DiegoNotChill »»
Sep 6, 2022 4:03 PM

» So who's here from Dr Henti's video

nhl2004 - Aug 5, 2021

14 by E2WHvX6yZPFHNCed »»
Nov 12, 2021 6:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.