Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
K-ON!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Apr 25, 2009 6:13 PM

Apr 2009
MOE MOE KYUN!

Pretty entertaining episode.

From what I gather on Yui, even though I might be wrong since it isn't even explained... but her speed in playing mean she will be able to "replicate" songs after hearing it and learn from that.

Not that I play guitar, but that a few of my friends who do, can do the same. After you learn the notes, which Yui did before midterms, you can pick up how to play a song through the tones without a cut sheet. Though Yui picked it up ridiculously fast after hearing that tape once....

Hence her super saiyan abilities....

lol
Apr 25, 2009 7:12 PM
May 2008
Moe Moe Kyun~ as awesome as that was.. still can't beat Yui's phone call
Apr 25, 2009 8:28 PM

May 2008
Moe Meo Kyun~ <3
Apr 25, 2009 9:37 PM

Dec 2008
Maybe one of the other characters will get as much attention as Mio did here...

(Not getting my hopes up.)
Apr 25, 2009 9:38 PM

May 2007
Rofl, lots of Mio fanservice moments this episode. Not that I'm complaining.

BUT MAH YUI WAS TEH BEST OF COURSEE~~~ <3 She's hilarious & cute & omg she finally learned to play something! Amazing! :D Btw loving the bed hair, haha. Mine's the same way.

Apr 25, 2009 10:28 PM

Oct 2007
noteDhero said:
This only ever really happens when there is a discrepancy between entertainment value and content. And let's face it, KyoAni is great at blurring those lines.
At least you know KyoAni this much. I know they have done a lot great things but also the bad things too which is something that a lot of people tend to overlook it. Well, how can I blame them they show what most people want to see rather than...
This reason alone made KyoAni the best.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Apr 25, 2009 11:09 PM

Dec 2007
It was good episode, and blushing Mio is so moe! Mio is the greatest without any doubt. <3 x infinity I loved Yui's guitar scenes and lots of Mio moments. <3 Mio in a bikini and Mio in a maid outfit, this episode wins. Mio club will have at least 200 more members if some of them start to watch episode four. Seriously, Mio is the reason that I watch K-ON.

Moe Moe Kyun! <33333333
Apr 25, 2009 11:34 PM

May 2008
This episode is AWESOME!!

Moe Moe Kyun!

Apr 26, 2009 12:43 AM

Jul 2008
Show needs moar Tsumugi

I can't tell if I hate this show or love this show. At least we got past the irritatingly pointless fanservice episode.
Apr 26, 2009 1:55 AM
Jan 2009
K-On was fine up till now, but heck, this episode was so cliched/pointless/exaggerated/(provoking)... I really am starting to dislike Mio. Moe is fine. But there was a clear overload this time.
Also, Yui haxoring some guitar licks outta nowhere angered me quite a bit, as a guitarist myself.
Apr 26, 2009 2:08 AM

Feb 2009
Byou said:
K-On was fine up till now, but heck, this episode was so cliched/pointless/exaggerated/(provoking)... I really am starting to dislike Mio. Moe is fine. But there was a clear overload this time.
Also, Yui haxoring some guitar licks outta nowhere angered me quite a bit, as a guitarist myself.

i c .no male show up since episode 2
i mean like father or boy around there none but still a great anime
all girl look cute
Apr 26, 2009 9:50 AM

Mar 2008
Wonderful episode again ! Nice fanservices scenes, Mio is really the best :)
Apr 26, 2009 2:15 PM
Nov 2008
Yes! Please!
Show me more Mugi

I love this Oujo!
Apr 26, 2009 2:56 PM
Jun 2008
I love how people are trying to find depth of story and plot twists in an anime like this.

The characters are likeable and the atmosphere is light, so you can just relax, smile and watch it rather than be on the edge of your seat.
I agree there's alot of stereotypicalness but meh, that's anime. XD

Not as good as previous episodes but I enjoyed this one alot =)
Apr 26, 2009 3:53 PM

Jan 2009
Mio ftw, such a awesome character and nice to see some progress in regards to actual music.
Apr 26, 2009 6:38 PM
Jan 2009
This episode was awesome.
Aha,I've been trying not to like Mio since she is so popular but after this episode I couldn't not like her anymore. She's just too cute and awesome.
"Moe Moe Kyun!" This episode was very funny.
Apr 26, 2009 8:06 PM

Sep 2008
thyuchan said:
Aha,I've been trying not to like Mio since she is so popular but after this episode I couldn't not like her anymore. She's just too cute and awesome.

Same here. I was trying to ignore Mio cause i didnt want to jump on bandwagon but i just cant help liking her!
Apr 26, 2009 11:59 PM

Apr 2009
Love this episode; possibly the best so far. K-ON ftw =D
Apr 27, 2009 4:50 AM

Mar 2009
Apr 27, 2009 11:40 AM

Apr 2007
MOE, MOE. KYUN!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 27, 2009 12:01 PM

Dec 2008
Damn this show is too much MOE :P
MOE MOE KYUN!!! Frikin addictive...
Apr 27, 2009 4:49 PM

Oct 2008
The last episode had the PUNI PUNI, now there's the MOE MOE KYUUN!

What's next?
Apr 27, 2009 7:58 PM

Aug 2008
Moe moe kyun...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 28, 2009 4:10 AM

Apr 2009
lol the rolling on the floor when the floor lost its coldness was funny :D
Apr 28, 2009 9:27 AM

Apr 2009
Byou said:

^ agreed. too much mio scenes. i like mio too, but it seemed like a fan service ep.

i was surprised that Yui can already play like that (for someone whose fingers cramp), i thought they'd make it realistic :/
Apr 28, 2009 10:28 PM

Aug 2007
I just counted; including the gifs and pics, there were about 40 "Moe Moe Kyuun"s, including this one:

Moe Moe... KYUN! <33333

Yay for silliness!
Apr 28, 2009 10:30 PM

Apr 2007
veatbreaker said:
i thought they'd make it realistic :/

lol.
Apr 28, 2009 11:41 PM

Apr 2009
moe moe kyun!!!!!!!! lmao
Apr 29, 2009 1:12 AM

Nov 2008
Lepchin17 said:
I loved this episode! :D

And btw....anybody know why Yui's sister was afraid to wake her up? This is why.

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH I was just thinking that i should write an reply where i would have asked somebody to do that! HAHHA thx you saved me for trouble xD. Thumbs up

Best beach episode for a while. Loved the whole episode. Mio is so MOE!

Moe Moe Kyun~ <(^_^<)
Apr 29, 2009 11:01 AM

Jan 2009
Moe moe, Kyun ^_^ Picture of the previous light music club were awesome, i rofled. Great episode! Kyoto animation wins, as expected.
Apr 29, 2009 11:10 AM

May 2008
oh the fanservice :3
Apr 29, 2009 11:37 AM

Nov 2008
I loved this episode. K-On! is awesome! <3
Apr 29, 2009 11:59 AM

Dec 2008
They need to turn up Tsumugi's keyboard.
Apr 29, 2009 1:06 PM

Apr 2008
Trevelyan said:
They need to turn up Tsumugi's keyboard.

I think you mean the music in general
Apr 29, 2009 4:06 PM
Mar 2008
Just for the record. No matter what kind of prodigy it's impossible to play like Yui did after 3 months of learning (about that solo she played).
Apr 29, 2009 7:15 PM

Feb 2008
Vibrato =/= Bending

How it bugged me so. Also the fact that Yui could play that kind of solo after 3 months is a bit unrealistic, although not impossible. There really wasn't anything technically difficult about that lick. Even so, K-on is one of the less musically accurate shows around. Not that it matters...

In any case here's my obligatory moe moe kyun~
Apr 29, 2009 7:54 PM
Mar 2008
seraphjei said:
Vibrato =/= Bending

How it bugged me so. Also the fact that Yui could play that kind of solo after 3 months is a bit unrealistic, although not impossible. There really wasn't anything technically difficult about that lick. Even so, K-on is one of the less musically accurate shows around. Not that it matters...

Did you learn how to play the guitar? I did and I can say that it's impossible to get that kind of speed picking and fingering after 3 months. Not to mention bar chords which she plays too (a girl wouldn't have that kind of strong grip to do it in 3 months no matter what she did previously)
Apr 29, 2009 9:02 PM

Dec 2008
mariancho said:
seraphjei said:
Vibrato =/= Bending

Did you learn how to play the guitar? I did and I can say that it's impossible to get that kind of speed picking and fingering after 3 months. Not to mention bar chords which she plays too (a girl wouldn't have that kind of strong grip to do it in 3 months no matter what she did previously)

its anime for a reason, its not ment to be realistic, if you want realism, your watching the wrong show
Apr 29, 2009 9:32 PM

Feb 2008
arbydan said:
thyuchan said:

Same here. I was trying to ignore Mio cause i didnt want to jump on bandwagon but i just cant help liking her!

I know, right? XD

I can't resist her magical, moe powers!

But, really there's not much to this show story-wise that hasn't been done before, though it's good if you like the fanservice, and I haven't watched a fanservice anime in a while.

Apr 29, 2009 10:04 PM

Mar 2009
its so funny

Apr 29, 2009 10:54 PM

Feb 2008
Syllen said:
mariancho said:
seraphjei said:
Vibrato =/= Bending

its anime for a reason, its not ment to be realistic, if you want realism, your watching the wrong show

Syllen is quite right.

But to answer mariancho, I am majoring in classical guitar. I have been playing guitar for 5 years, piano for 7 years, with 9 years of musical theory.

It is not impossible to learn how to play like that in 3 months. you'll be amazed how much a human being can push his or her limits when given the proper circumstance. Now in Yui's case I doubt SHE could learn to play like that in 3 months, but my point was, it's not impossible in actuality to progress at such a speed, just highly unlikely. I even pointed out that K-on is a somewhat inaccurate portrayal of musicianship.
Apr 29, 2009 11:57 PM

Apr 2009
seraphjei said:
Syllen said:
mariancho said:
seraphjei said:
Vibrato =/= Bending

Syllen is quite right.

But to answer mariancho, I am majoring in classical guitar. I have been playing guitar for 5 years, piano for 7 years, with 9 years of musical theory.

It is not impossible to learn how to play like that in 3 months. you'll be amazed how much a human being can push his or her limits when given the proper circumstance. Now in Yui's case I doubt SHE could learn to play like that in 3 months, but my point was, it's not impossible in actuality to progress at such a speed, just highly unlikely. I even pointed out that K-on is a somewhat inaccurate portrayal of musicianship.

accualy you are all wrong, i only started guitar 2 months ago and i can alredy play some slayer, iron maiden, black sabbath songs.
Apr 29, 2009 11:58 PM

Apr 2009
self taught from you tube vids llol
Apr 30, 2009 12:20 AM

Feb 2008
deviltrigger said:
seraphjei said:

accualy you are all wrong, i only started guitar 2 months ago and i can alredy play some slayer, iron maiden, black sabbath songs.

Do people even read anymore or do they just skim through posts and find phrases that fit their fancy. In any case, what point were you trying to make? Since you are clearly a guitar guru, and everyone else who posted in this thread are blundering idiots. Are you trying to point out that you can play some pretty intermediate level songs in only 2 months of practice? If that's your argument, please read my boldfaced print, and realize what an incredible waste of time your post was since it pertains almost nothing to the episode itself or adds to the above discussion.

Sorry for going ape shit, but when a couple of individuals are clearly expressing their opinions, and someone blatantly points out that everyone else is "accualy all wrong" it grates on my nerves.
Apr 30, 2009 3:33 AM

Mar 2008
All those fan-postings here are really something else. I'm wondering ...

Anyway, at first I thought: "Oh no! A beach episode!" but then it turned out to be pretty entertaining and funny, though it had several moments, where I thought: "KyoAni, you shouldn't bother with that level".

I hope there will be less random stuff and more music in future episodes.
Apr 30, 2009 9:21 AM

Apr 2009
seraphjei said:
deviltrigger said:
seraphjei said:

Do people even read anymore or do they just skim through posts and find phrases that fit their fancy. In any case, what point were you trying to make? Since you are clearly a guitar guru, and everyone else who posted in this thread are blundering idiots. Are you trying to point out that you can play some pretty intermediate level songs in only 2 months of practice? If that's your argument, please read my boldfaced print, and realize what an incredible waste of time your post was since it pertains almost nothing to the episode itself or adds to the above discussion.

Sorry for going ape shit, but when a couple of individuals are clearly expressing their opinions, and someone blatantly points out that everyone else is "accualy all wrong" it grates on my nerves.

completely misssed/misread the bolded parts lol sorry :D
Apr 30, 2009 9:57 AM

Feb 2009
funniest part of the ep for me was when yui was doing the "myon" sound

"like... this?"

*myonnn*

*giggle*

*myon myon myon*

*giggle giggle*

almost fell out of my chair
May 4, 2009 2:00 AM

Apr 2007
Moe moe!Kyun~ xd
^-^
cuteeeeeeeeeeee~ -dies from kawainess-

May 4, 2009 2:13 AM

Jan 2009
May 7, 2009 5:09 PM

Jun 2008
Yay for beach fun, this episode also had the most humor in it so far. Why do I have a feeling that Mio's popularity is going to be even bigger after this episode? >_>
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » K-ON! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

game8910 - Jun 4, 2009

233 by The_Neeko »»
Apr 1, 8:37 AM

Poll: » K-ON! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Veronin - Apr 2, 2009

598 by piratini »»
Mar 16, 1:58 AM

Poll: » K-ON! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DaBigD - Jun 25, 2009

344 by bubba460z »»
Mar 3, 3:22 PM

Poll: » K-ON! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - Jun 18, 2009

314 by bubba460z »»
Mar 3, 2:59 PM

Poll: » K-ON! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

DaBigD - Jun 11, 2009

199 by bubba460z »»
Mar 3, 2:39 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.