Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 21, 2009 9:11 AM

Oct 2007
oh come on!! cant belive i waited a week just for that -.-

maybe next week we get some serious chapter again
JudgeRuthlessApr 23, 2009 4:58 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 22, 2009 3:31 AM

Apr 2008
I laughed at this chapter. Hard.
Oku trolls us again.
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this signature is unavailable in your region.
Apr 22, 2009 4:02 AM
Jul 2008
I dont know what to say..I expected more..
2 Kei =???
We should be seeing more of him. That would be hmm...interesting...
Apr 22, 2009 7:49 AM

Apr 2008
Isint suzuki the gramps? that means gantz made him younger? o.o
Apr 22, 2009 8:01 AM
Jan 2008
I lol'd, can't wait to see how this pans out and how the real Kurono will react when he finds out.

I remember someone saying something about Reika making a Kurono clone in the 296 dicussion thread, good guess lol.

Apr 22, 2009 8:14 AM

Jan 2009
Haha a second kei... Wonder till which part of his memory does this Kei retain? Does he have memories of meeting tae or even reika?
Apr 22, 2009 9:32 AM

Dec 2008
The fuck is this? when I saw the man inside Gantz I thought this would be interesting, but now it's just ridiculous...
Apr 22, 2009 9:48 AM

Feb 2009
WTFWTFWTWFWTWFWRWRWTFWTFTWFWTFWRWFTWFTWFTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

Apr 22, 2009 11:15 AM

Oct 2008
Wow, I'm not gonna lie, that was stupid. The only good thing about this chapter was that HS turned out to be nice. After last week I thought Reika had forgotten about her stupid, revive another Kurono for herself plan, but I guess not. Also, wtf is up with the man inside Gantz being kind and helpful, that made no sense. This chapter was ridiculous. I'm not really sure what Oku was thinking this time, but I hope he has something entertaining planned.
Apr 22, 2009 1:32 PM

Aug 2007
wtf? Are you kidding me? AHHH. This just fucked up my day.
Apr 22, 2009 1:54 PM

Mar 2009
wtf was that chapter
she sees the GANTZ man outside the ball and she says NOTHING?
and then a scnd kei is revived
as her sex slave or what
wow worse chapter ever

edit: hmm just curious
did anyone find a chapter where actually noone cries?^^
Apr 22, 2009 2:41 PM

Oct 2007
hey, she just needs it so dont be so rude when commenting about her ... :D

worst part is the gantz man saying "i dont got all day", seriously dont tell us you got kids and a wife and a real life, while the ball thing is just one of your perverted hobbies >_<

so was i right about gantz being an alien tv show?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 22, 2009 3:58 PM

Oct 2007
Yeah this was truly fucked up. My IQ just plummeted after reading this absurd chapter. I also found it weird when one moment everyone's crying a river and the next moment they are heading home like nothing's happened (>_<)?
Apr 22, 2009 6:53 PM

Nov 2007
Peralisc said:
hey, she just needs it so dont be so rude when commenting about her ... :D

worst part is the gantz man saying "i dont got all day", seriously dont tell us you got kids and a wife and a real life, while the ball thing is just one of your perverted hobbies >_<

so was i right about gantz being an alien tv show?

ROFL!!!
Apr 23, 2009 12:28 AM

Jun 2008
WTHBBQ IS THIS, 2 kei's u kiddin me???
Apr 23, 2009 1:04 AM

Jul 2007
Guys, lighten up. Jeez. It's just another plot twist. enjoy it while it lasts.
Apr 23, 2009 1:59 AM

Nov 2008
Jokes come true. :) I want Kei clone army.
Where were you, when everything was falling apart?
Apr 23, 2009 4:30 AM

Apr 2008
Slykain said:
Isint suzuki the gramps? that means gantz made him younger? o.o
A long time ago Reika said she was going to make herself a Kuruno, and with no one around she had the guts to do it. She was going to wish the old man back, but changed her mind.

Gantz out of the ball was so cool, I don't know what everyone is complaining about. The fact that Gantz just leaves his ball and walks around when you're not there is creepy.
Apr 23, 2009 7:36 AM
Aug 2008
Why was the door open?
Kurono holds his new weapon, that means he is the 'new' kurono. I thought something like this would be impossible.
Apr 24, 2009 3:10 AM

Oct 2007
Meri said:
God yes, he's probably 80% of the reason why I'm still reading this.
Apr 24, 2009 5:36 PM
Apr 2008
Well i never thought id see the day when people are complaining about how fucked up gantz story runs ...haha it was never stable or good to begin with it was just that damn good it was great anyway 2nd kei = tension ftw
Apr 24, 2009 8:23 PM

Mar 2009
I'd laugh if both Kei's fought over Tae. lol
Apr 24, 2009 10:07 PM

Oct 2008

this looks like it could get interesting lol
KasukiApr 24, 2009 10:10 PM
Apr 25, 2009 3:52 PM

Aug 2007
Wait... she didn't even say Kei's name....
And yeah, what makes Reika thinks that the new Kei will go for her and not Tae.... since Gantz has the ability to clone an exact image of the brain and thus the mind..... hmmmm.....

But where did he get that H-gun from? Seems like he's just spawned from the last mission as someone said before.....

Also, this whole time, that man in there was pretending to be unconscious and food/power for the Gantz ball?!.... RIGHT.

Deffo Alien TV show as someone mentioned before....
Apr 26, 2009 4:33 PM
Dec 2008
showinyou said:
Meri said:

wow just really!?!?!?! the fuck? he is cool and i want to know more about him, but to still read gantz just for him is fucking dumb, just stop reading it if that's your only reason.

Shin-kun said:
Well i never thought id see the day when people are complaining about how fucked up gantz story runs ...haha it was never stable or good to begin with it was just that damn good it was great anyway 2nd kei = tension ftw

gantz is full of twist and turns, that's what makes the story great. to see all this bitching is...well...it's just fucking pointless. you are going to keep reading the damn thing to see what happens next so you can bitch and harp some more.

i think the story is the some as ever and can't wait for next weeks chapter.

to little to late.

Apr 27, 2009 2:32 AM

Sep 2007
Two Kurono's? Is that even physically possible?

Apparently, it is.

Apr 27, 2009 3:08 AM

Oct 2007
wow just really!?!?!?! the fuck? he is cool and i want to know more about him, but to still read gantz just for him is fucking dumb, just stop reading it if that's your only reason.

Everyone has their fetishes. See some people watch loli animes because of the little girls only.
Some watch mass breast animes (ikki tousen, queen's blade) just for the boobs.

But i dont really like the vamps and see them as useless extra filling.

Also if gantz was stable then it wouldnt be interesting. It would be a boring and predictable plot like in naruto. They fight, they get stronger, they fight stronger oponents and they gets stronger while getting stronger fighting and fighting to get stronger ... and they wont stop not even after their power level is over 9000! :D

Oh lets look at this from the bright side. Kurono is great at killing aliens, so why not have 2?
JudgeRuthlessApr 27, 2009 3:18 AM
Apr 27, 2009 8:15 AM

Nov 2007
Peralisc said:

Also if gantz was stable then it wouldnt be interesting. It would be a boring and predictable plot like in naruto. They fight, they get stronger, they fight stronger oponents and they gets stronger while getting stronger fighting and fighting to get stronger ... and they wont stop not even after their power level is over 9000! :D

ROFLMFAO!!
Apr 27, 2009 9:42 AM

Dec 2008
I remember seeing people having guesses about her reviving a second Kurono, 3-4 months ago (although not on here). That was a pretty nice development IMO, really liked it.

I don't think Nishi was aware of this, when he said 'Alright, it starts', I'm sure he was referring to the Katastrophe. It was the 'last' mission before it actually starting.

I don't believe Reika expected seeing Gantz out of his ball, she looked too baffled. Surprised in a "whoa, what's happening" way, not a "I can't believe what I was told is true" (if it was a plan of hers through something else) way.

She was about to revive Suzuki, the gramps, but had a change of heart, and took the opportunity of being alone to revive a second Kurono for herself. It's not the gramps suddenly being young again, how was figuring that out hard?

The mangaka continues to be serious about this manga, that's it. And I'm damn glad for that.
Great chapter although no action. If 'this' gets find out, the real Kurono will obviously be pissed, which could lead to some teamwork problems, but I'm waiting for the next chapter.

Since Oku doesn't restrict himself in the more NSFW department, I won't be surprised seeing Reika 'enjoying herself' with the new Kurono, since she gave up on the real one.

Edit: I'd lol so much if the Kurono-clone ends up not liking Reika because he still has memories of Tae. Seeing Reika going higurashi/elfen lied/school days on him would make Oku even crazier; it'd be fitting for the next arc being 'Katastrophe'.

Also interested in seeing what Nishi will be up to. You know, new weapon and all; going back to high school to kick ass? Last time he was seen in the real world (in gantz ofc) was in his school with the cops. They saw him disappear. His school would surely be closed for maintenance/drama at least 1 day, so I wonder if he'll go pay it a visit once it re-opens.
HakoriaApr 27, 2009 10:10 AM
「Godspeed You! Black Emperor」
Apr 27, 2009 1:15 PM

Oct 2007
Good you mentioned it! I completly forgot.

What was that entire school part and Nishi all about? And whom was nishi talking to on the phone? Seriously WTF!
Apr 30, 2009 7:56 AM

Oct 2007
superjesus said:
showinyou said:
Meri said:

Take it easy bro, I was half-joking when I said that. I only meant that he was one of the characters I still liked. Or didn't hate rather. Although I agree that the whole vampire thing was unnecessary.

Geez...
CarpApr 30, 2009 7:59 AM
Apr 30, 2009 4:31 PM

Jul 2008
May 3, 2009 12:09 AM

Jan 2009
MiKu214 said:
Two Kurono's? Is that even physically possible?

Apparently, it is.

Well, as Gantz has shown before, anything is possible (making copies of people who had been chopped off into little pieces (like kurono and katou), teleporting people to other parts of the world, etc.). Just justifying.

And it doesn't suprise me that Gantz was able to make a clone out of Kurono...
I mean, Kishimoto used to have a clone too. I know the circumstances are different, Kishimotos' clone being a glitch and all, but Gantz has recently began to glitch up alot.

So that makes it clear the Gantz can do anything, he's God, he's Dr. Manhattan with a white asian penis, unlike Dr. Manhattan which as an awesome glowing blue penis of doom.
(no particular point here, just wanted to mention Docs' penis).
May 5, 2009 2:33 PM

Jun 2008
I can't say I'm really fond of this new development in the manga, but hell Kurono is the main reason why I'm reading this manga so two of them can't be that bad right?
Jun 7, 2009 4:14 AM

Nov 2007
so she really did it ... but i mean wtf the guy from the ball can get out O_O? And doesn't he resemble one of the bosses a lot? what in the world ...
Sep 7, 2009 8:24 AM

Jan 2008
Master_M2K said:
Yeah this was truly fucked up. My IQ just plummeted after reading this absurd chapter. I also found it weird when one moment everyone's crying a river and the next moment they are heading home like nothing's happened (>_<)?

Its called the 'passage of time', readers with an ounce of intelligence should assume the characters accepted their fate and got dressed to go home. Having the author waste panels showing this would mean retards rule the world.

Also, to the other critics populating Gantz threads:

It's called 'character development'.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Oct 29, 2009 11:26 PM

Oct 2009
Having just marathoned through this manga in a few days I find all this confusion amusing, I think it's a result of watching it over a longer period and forgetting details over time.

There's a guy congratulating others for "guessing" Reika's plan to revive her own personal Kurono, even though she stated that that was her intention in the manga herself.

There's people saying it came out of nowhere as though it's jumping the shark, when as I just mentioned it's been building up to this for a while now.

There's people saying they don't think it's possible, even though Nishi stated right back at the start that they're like copies from a fax machine, plus the fact that Kishimoto herself had two versions alive at the same time.

Why would there be some arbitrary limit on the amount of clones Gantz can make of someone at a time? this new Kurono is no more "fake" than the one that left before he was revived.

TopgunUKMay 17, 2010 11:22 AM
Jun 8, 2010 2:40 PM

May 2009
Oh my god, she did it. Such a great twist, even though I didn't want it to happen, lol. But this will be interesting!
Jun 16, 2010 9:47 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I'm slowly catching up on this exciting manga and have to say that it has more plot twists than anything I've read before.

2 Kurono's?? It's going to get crowded.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 21, 2010 3:45 AM
Nov 2008
All in all you're just another brick in the wall ...

Sep 28, 2010 3:55 PM

Jun 2008
daxterclank said:
Why was the door open?
Kurono holds his new weapon, that means he is the 'new' kurono. I thought something like this would be impossible.

Actually it makes perfect sense. There data are stored in the memory as they where in every last transfer. Since Kurono just transfered that was the one that got cloned. So basically the two Kurono's are the same with no difference between them. Now what this second one will do? Can he accept being Reika's lover and forget Tae and not bother his other self or will he try to make the other Kurono go to Reika and demand he continues being the Kurono that is with Tae. Since they are the same if he doesn't want to leave Tae then nether would the other so we will have a complex problem.
Jan 17, 2012 6:04 PM
Mar 2011
oh shit was that Kei?
May 22, 2013 8:26 PM

Dec 2012
sigunjdd said:
... I hate this plot twist already. Gosh, Reika. That's not creepy or pathetic at all.

Reika is really getting annoying.. She just can't deal with not having Kurono. Well at least we now get to see Gantz in person..
May 31, 2013 11:19 AM

May 2011
Hahahaha, so we really did get two Keis in the end? This is too funny. :D
Aug 9, 2013 5:07 AM

Dec 2012
Not sure if this is a good idea..
Aug 11, 2013 11:50 AM

Nov 2009
I really didn't think Gantz could move (thought they like genetically made these humans that basically served as computers) ... And then furthermore kind of laughing that she decided to revive Kei. Wonder what memories he will have (Like, does he know about Tae?), and how this is all going to work out, especially if they were ever to get called again.
Mar 4, 2014 2:18 AM

Jun 2012
BeckMCS said:
Also, wtf is up with the man inside Gantz being kind and helpful, that made no sense. This chapter was ridiculous. I'm not really sure what Oku was thinking this time, but I hope he has something entertaining planned.
I think it was more he was letting her have what she earned. When you think about it, it's kind of a horrible thing to do to her. It basically forced her to give into her selfish desires, rather than doing something good.

Clairvoyance08 said:
I remember someone saying something about Reika making a Kurono clone in the 296 dicussion thread, good guess lol.
Actually, she said much earlier on (to herself) that she planned on doing that.
Jul 12, 2014 1:21 AM

Apr 2014
The only really surprising moment is seeing Gantz getting out for a stretch after the mission. Man, imagine all the damn questions you'd want to ask him!! Where would you even start??
Feb 26, 2015 7:46 PM

Feb 2015
I'm so glad they didn't revive the old guy, at least he is at peace now.
Jun 21, 2016 2:07 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Kurono!!
Kurono??
Two Kurono?¿?¿?¿?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gantz Chapter 83 Discussion

becool - Jun 17, 2013

9 by Blazinnie »»
Apr 17, 7:31 PM

» Gantz Deluxe Edition

Mila91 - Apr 8

4 by Sagepool »»
Apr 8, 11:01 PM

Poll: » Gantz Chapter 22 Discussion

KitaTsuki - Nov 17, 2012

6 by selasgamer »»
Mar 29, 6:59 AM

Poll: » Gantz Chapter 21 Discussion

BackLashWave - Jan 14, 2012

6 by selasgamer »»
Mar 29, 6:54 AM

Poll: » Gantz Chapter 20 Discussion

KitaTsuki - Nov 17, 2012

6 by selasgamer »»
Mar 29, 6:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.