Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 19, 2009 1:40 AM

Jan 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Great episode. Me had some problems with short battle with not much details but rest was fine. What I liked about episode: Regiment Captain Eleanor was great! Nicely done is my first impression. Alicia expression when assigned to Welkin...that was LOL. Faldio meeting with Welkin/Alicia and how much he respect Welkin+ his wise words. Welking smart military commander. He value a lot life....Erwin Rommel did that a lot.....he my favorite Field Marshal. Strategy planning of Eleanor...I like those parts in all anime. Welking+Alicia sitting when sun is about to set...was nice calm part. The whole attack! One thing.....too short and not enough details. Best was with UNDERWATER TANK! Here is some info about that
Welkin and Isara in tank blowing two tanks+ some ammunitions....I like a lot!
What I did not like:
-The whole mutiny problem with Largo and Brigitte from beginning till they get convinced by Welkin that he is right. I did not like that part at all. Wish more cooperation around without proving you good officer.
-Fact Brigitte hates Isara because she Darcsen...me know about racism but me never liked it all!
-The battle was too short....tank go in water then come out shoot some tank while others shoot 2~4 soldiers that die. Details....doko? (where). All went too fast for me.

Alicia expression priceless when she assigned to Welkin

Largo remind of other Largo from "Tales of the Abyss" and he look like him a little.

japanme32Apr 19, 2009 1:52 AM
Apr 19, 2009 3:00 AM

Jan 2008
can't wait for subs ^^ at first I wasn't sure if I would like this show but now that we are at episode 3 I find myself really enjoying it.
Apr 19, 2009 4:17 AM

Jan 2009
it's too bad I couldn't watch Edie or Mariena much and they didn't talk
but, I can't wait next episode

how sexy!

Apr 20, 2009 8:27 AM

May 2008
Miniskirts in the army, Mustang would be proud.
StriderMSApr 20, 2009 12:52 PM
Apr 20, 2009 10:05 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
That was nice, enjoyable episode.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Apr 20, 2009 10:07 AM

Feb 2008
Good episode. Liked the mission in the game. :D
lol@preview. Can't wait for the next episode.
Apr 20, 2009 10:09 AM

Nov 2008
I love the fluid animation of the battles.

This episode was really good and I can see the show starting to develop into something really entertaining. I hope it continues to improve at this rate.
Apr 20, 2009 10:37 AM

Jun 2008
Decent. The battle was too short.
Apr 20, 2009 12:19 PM

Jun 2007
Soulstrider said:
Mini-skirts in the army, Mustang would be proud.

Haha so true.

I agree that this should have went on a lot longer. Especially since the battle in the beginning took 2 episodes. It just felt too rushed.

I've Been Watching Anime for 20 years now. Can you beat that?
Apr 20, 2009 12:33 PM

Mar 2009
Hana-kei said:
it's too bad I couldn't watch Edie or Mariena much and they didn't talk
but, I can't wait next episode

how sexy!

darn i want alicia x welkin xD

OT: awesome episode i cant wait for the anime to continue prob my fav for the season
Apr 20, 2009 12:46 PM

Feb 2008
quick little skirmish there. squad's first victory.
Apr 20, 2009 12:47 PM

Dec 2007
Great episode, looks like the some of the announced anime only sidestories will start next week. Can't wait :3
Apr 20, 2009 1:05 PM

Sep 2007
That was one nifty tank if it could go up a hill like that so easily.
Apr 20, 2009 1:25 PM
Dec 2007
A bit rushed to feel anything about the characters, and the battle wasn't really strategic nor emotional nor... dramatic. Average episode but I still kinda like the series for now. Hope it will improve (a lot) in the future.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Apr 20, 2009 1:27 PM

Oct 2007
Decent episode. The next one seems to be better tho ;)
Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and for thy possession, the ends of the earth.
Psalm 2:8
Apr 20, 2009 2:13 PM

Mar 2008
A decent episode though I'm disappointed they rushed through the battle. The first battle took 2 episodes and the Vasel operation in the game took 2 battles to complete if I remember correctly.

They should have spread the operation over 2 episodes and let us get more familiar with the other characters first. They didn't even have anyone besides Rosie and Largo talk :/
Apr 20, 2009 2:15 PM

Jan 2009
Stark19 said:
A decent episode though I'm disappointed they rushed through the battle. The first battle took 2 episodes and the Vasel operation in the game took 2 battles to complete if I remember correctly.

They should have spread the operation over 2 episodes and let us get more familiar with the other characters first. They didn't even have anyone besides Rosie and Largo talk :/

Me agree...this battle should have been 2 episodes! Better this sacrifice be worth for something better later.
Apr 20, 2009 2:38 PM

Jul 2008
lol ownage tank first deflecting a shot now going underwater? wat's next? flying/hovering above enemy troops? XD

hmm i guess im not the only one, yes the battle was rushed <_<
btw werent there like atleast 7 tanks? but yet in the battle there were like on 3
amazing how about 15 man squad can do better than the military XD
Apr 20, 2009 2:51 PM

Jan 2009
ClearSinz said:
lol ownage tank first deflecting a shot now going underwater? wat's next? flying/hovering above enemy troops? XD

hmm i guess im not the only one, yes the battle was rushed <_<
btw werent there like atleast 7 tanks? but yet in the battle there were like on 3
amazing how about 15 man squad can do better than the military XD

How about incredible luck.
Apr 20, 2009 2:53 PM

Oct 2007
good action packed peisode
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 20, 2009 3:21 PM

Nov 2008
Soulstrider said:

Yeah said that too in last episode's discussion xD. Maybe Mustang is that militias general or something xD

Episode was great! I'm starting to like this more and more! AND THEY WHERE SHOOTING FROM COVER! MASAKAOMG! At least couple times...
I hate that racist woman...should get bulled in his head at next episode...hopefully.
Apr 20, 2009 4:19 PM
Aug 2008
Maybe there's a reason for being racist? Than again they mentioned something about ''bad history''. Hopefully, they will cooperate with together once they value her.

Nice and short episode. Not strategic though, however I'm fine with Welkin not being Mr. lolxhax strategist uber-win every battle guy but mr nature to your advantage guy.
Apr 20, 2009 7:18 PM

Jul 2008
the battle itself was a little short, but i'll give welkin this, turning knowledge of nature into knowledge on the battlefield is amazing. and that sister of his really knows how to take care of that tank, being able to turn a tank water proof is a pretty good trick
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Apr 20, 2009 7:34 PM

Aug 2008
This episode finally grabbed my attention to be devoted to this series. By the way, I haven't played the game so I have no idea if this show is faithful to the game itself.

I am impressed on how they captured the enemy base using only one squad. Not to mention, the tank was indeed awesome like on the previous episode.

Apr 20, 2009 7:44 PM

Jan 2009
Apparently, the tank is God. Last episode it deflected missles, and this episode it went completly underwater. I liked this episode a lot and I felt the battle was a little rushed. Not sper rushed, but another one or two minutes of action wouldn't have hurt

Looking forward to episode 4 next week.
Apr 20, 2009 7:47 PM

Sep 2008
I just love Alicia's expressions in each episode.

Yeah and I agree that the battle was way too short... amazing how only squad 7 managed to capture the bridge though.
Chicken + Dictionary + Dictionary = CMC. Eeyup.
Apr 20, 2009 8:09 PM

Sep 2007
An army that has mandated miniskirts for the females? Now that's a good army.
Apr 20, 2009 8:55 PM

Apr 2009
Haha the tank has serious superpowers :)
Apr 20, 2009 9:14 PM

Jul 2007
The battle was a bit short and the way it was done made it extremely hard to figure out the flow of the battle. But that's why I'm choosing the believe they did that to make it feel like how the Imperials felt since they were completely blind-sided by the assault. At least that makes me feel better about it whether it's true or not.

Oh, and Rosie is made of win.
Apr 20, 2009 9:58 PM
Jul 2018
i havent watched the episode yet, still waiting for 704x396 version,

Apr 20, 2009 10:05 PM

Aug 2008
Iriya said:

You know, it brought memories of Code Geass... damn that's always cool to watch.
Hell, it can even go underwater! There weren't that many Knightmares that did that in Geass.

The art's nice and interesting, but I do get a little annoyed at how the characters' eyes appear unfocused and crossed-eyed quite alot... I'll just get used to it I guess.

Oh and the miniskirts... it's so easy to develop a fetish to military-clad girls like that. :)
Apr 20, 2009 10:22 PM

Jan 2009
Genix said:
Iriya said:

You know, it brought memories of Code Geass... damn that's always cool to watch.
Hell, it can even go underwater! There weren't that many Knightmares that did that in Geass.

The art's nice and interesting, but I do get a little annoyed at how the characters' eyes appear unfocused and crossed-eyed quite alot... I'll just get used to it I guess.

Oh and the miniskirts... it's so easy to develop a fetish to military-clad girls like that. :)

Speaking of Code Geass someone is releasing the BD of it in subs. Me maybe grab RAWs of BD.

To add that a lot say battle short but why such sacrifice. Me though all battles are to be good in this anime since in game many say they better.
Apr 20, 2009 10:51 PM

Nov 2006
LOL FOREVER @ "GEDASHN KKMNVXCIUPPIH"

and of course, swallows sound exactly like hawks.
Apr 20, 2009 11:42 PM

Sep 2008
im really liking this anime
welkin sure is a great comander (no liike lelouch tou) he convinced the troops in one day
anfibian tank=? were there any in WW2? i dunno
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Apr 20, 2009 11:47 PM

Nov 2007
Liked the episode even though it was simplistic in nature it doesn't drag on too much and next episode should be great with introduction of the opposing sides characters ^_^!
Apr 21, 2009 12:01 AM

Apr 2008
Zero_r2 said:
welkin sure is a great comander (no liike lelouch tou) he convinced the troops in one day

Yes, there were amphibious tanks in WWII.

Also, even for a militia unit, their discipline is horrible beyond belief.
Apr 21, 2009 12:16 AM

Jul 2008
Liking the anime so far, this episode secured that I will finish this till the end. Loved the many Alicia and Welkin moments. The battle was whatever, I didn't know that a single squad could clean up like that but I guess when you have a tank that maneuvers as well as Edelweiss, you can get shit done.
Apr 21, 2009 1:51 AM

Feb 2009
very good epd in terms of plotting
Apr 21, 2009 2:26 AM

Jan 2009
This episode finally made the show interesting for me. Tactics? Imba tank? Yep im definitely hooked. Hope theres gonna be a Lelouch vs Schneizel type of tactical battle in the near future.
Apr 21, 2009 3:17 AM
Jul 2008
Lol at Alicia becoming Welkin's subordinate!
Sucks for Isara always discriminated by people who hate Darcsens.
Wow, Welkins is actually a great commander... who knew. Capturing the bridge in one day, when the military couldn't even get near it. Welkin is getting more and more respect from me.
Submerging tank, what else can the tank do.
Can't wait for next week.
Apr 21, 2009 3:53 AM

Dec 2007
Quanta said:
Zero_r2 said:

Yes, there were amphibious tanks in WWII.

Also, even for a militia unit, their discipline is horrible beyond belief.

They date back to WWI actually.

The deep fording system with the snorkel was applied to many German and allied tanks, though the DDs were more numerically important than the allies. Naturally, the Germans came out with all kinds of win - they had one (modified PzIII) that could ford 15 meters!
Apr 21, 2009 5:34 AM

Mar 2009
Nice ep, the battle was entertaining, but too quick, and I would have like to see more from characters, but overall fun to watch, I'm enjoying this series...Urahara Out!!
Apr 21, 2009 7:13 AM

May 2008
hehe the battle seem to only last a few minutes cause daybreak arrives at around 0700 and they started at 0500

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Apr 21, 2009 9:17 AM

Sep 2008
Soulstrider said:

lol so true xD

Apr 21, 2009 10:13 AM

Aug 2008
I liked this episode. The more this becomes about Welkin leading Squad 7, and the less it's about Alicia's shounen ways, the happier I am. I like quirky characters, so I'm glad a smart, level-headed one is taking the fore more.

I wasn't so much of a fan of Largo and Bridget, so for now, if Bridget is actually gone, I'm much happier for it. I found the battle to be quite rushed, but honestly, I don't care since I don't really find the setting or larger conflict all that interesting. Though since being introduced to Welkin's friend, I'm thinking that I am starting to see where this show is going.
Apr 21, 2009 10:25 AM

Jan 2009
noteDhero said:
I liked this episode. The more this becomes about Welkin leading Squad 7, and the less it's about Alicia's shounen ways, the happier I am. I like quirky characters, so I'm glad a smart, level-headed one is taking the fore more.

I wasn't so much of a fan of Largo and Bridget, so for now, if Bridget is actually gone, I'm much happier for it. I found the battle to be quite rushed, but honestly, I don't care since I don't really find the setting or larger conflict all that interesting. Though since being introduced to Welkin's friend, I'm thinking that I am starting to see where this show is going.

Same feelings about Bridget....another character with a complex that might make nothing of this series. Is yet to see what me see of her background.
Apr 21, 2009 10:38 AM

Jul 2008
"but i heard there was no lifting the bridge up and drawning all the imperials was not in the anime. is that true?"
Nope, not in the episode. I was watching some gameplays of VC out of interest and was suprised to see the drawbridge tactics thing. Also the battle was @ daytime in the game, but I think that fog and nighttime makes more sense, so it's not that bad ^^'

Also imba tank is imba... in fact too imba. I can understand deflecting tank shells at shallow angles, but insane speed and manoeuvrability to the point of climbing >45 degrees step river bank is totally unrealistic... kinda kills my suspension of disbelief.

Overall it wasn't a bad episode, though I think they didn't do a that good job of depicting the battle (it was apparent somewhat in two previous episodes, when for eg. Teikoku gunjin [omg, evil Japanese] wouldn't take cover, just stand in the open and fire) and they are doing it somewhat unrealistically, not like you would expect of a tactical warfare game adaptation... Oh well, but it's still enjoyable at least.
Jaen-ni-rinApr 21, 2009 10:41 AM
Apr 21, 2009 11:41 AM

Dec 2008
It was a bit inaccurate, but I enjoyed it a lot.
Looking forward to the next ep!

Hope Alicia doesn't fall for that other guy too easily >.>
Welkin is so much better.

~Abs
Apr 21, 2009 11:53 AM
Feb 2009
battle was quick but its just the start and this ep is mainly to reveal Squad-7 so it will get better ... i hope but im still liking it
Apr 21, 2009 12:18 PM

Jul 2008
lol so overpowered edelweiss saved the day again. but still a really nice anime. need moar alicia <3

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» is the story complete in anime form?

NaughtySempai - Feb 2

8 by NaughtySempai »»
Feb 3, 3:29 AM

» Never got dubbed?

searingdark - Sep 15, 2023

3 by Levo »»
Oct 26, 2023 4:12 PM

Poll: » Valkyria Chronicles Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

daniking79 - Jul 4, 2009

76 by SSGHOKAGE »»
May 16, 2023 8:53 PM

Poll: » Valkyria Chronicles Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

japanme32 - Apr 11, 2009

101 by YabaniMario »»
Apr 11, 2023 7:26 PM

Poll: » Valkyria Chronicles Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

hazelnutman - Apr 4, 2009

156 by YabaniMario »»
Apr 11, 2023 7:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.