Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 15, 2009 7:23 AM

Mar 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I was a bit shocked at Kokoro an Kippei's actions on the stairs. I hope Kippei finds Yuzuyu fast.

May 26, 2009 8:11 PM
Apr 2007
I was surprised too, but it was way too sweet. I hope Yuzuyu figures out that Kokoro and her can both share Kippei. There is enough of him to go around, at least to those two.
Feb 14, 2010 12:13 PM

Jul 2009
Poor Yuzuyu. I hope he finds her soon!
“It’s not so much that I care about what you’re doing, but the idiotic way you’re doing it.”
Vincent Valentine

Dec 5, 2010 4:29 AM

Mar 2010
ii knew things would get complicated after last episode

"I am the bone of my sword,
Steel is my body and Fire is my blood,
I have created over a thousand blades,
Unknown to Death,
Nor known to Life,
Have withstood pain to create many weapons,
Yet, those hands will never hold anything,
So as I pray, unlimited blade works"
Jan 26, 2011 2:24 AM

Aug 2010
Show is getting pretty silly. Making out and groping on the floor in the middle of a staircase? Classy. Sigh I hope things stop being so derp soon. It was nice and sweet up until last episode.
Feb 7, 2011 6:29 PM

Mar 2010
Lol at multiple posts XD
Sep 30, 2011 11:10 PM

Apr 2011
For real? In the stairs? And the school, she escaped again.. how much of common sense can this anime lack..

Would you let your kid go to a school like that?
Apologies, I just can't avoid to rant.
Sep 30, 2011 11:15 PM
Feb 2009
K-Shuun said:
For real? In the stairs? And the school, she escaped again.. how much of common sense can this anime lack..

Would you let your kid go to a school like that?

idk, when I watched it I didn't understand it either. I just chalked it up to cultural differences. I even googled Japanese views on sexuality and didn't really find any answers other than it seems like they are not as up tight about sex as the western world.
Dec 12, 2011 6:53 AM

Nov 2008
Seriously, making out in school.. and nobody saw it? not even the teachers? lol. Anyway i'm quite shocked that Kokoro actually lets Kippei touches her *breasts*... i like her cold exterior but... :(
Mar 28, 2012 4:18 PM

Jan 2011
The stairway action did seem to push this more in the direction of josei rather than shoujo genre, but I think it probably reflects how teenagers actually relate to each other in high school. They're both above the age of consent, so I wouldn't doubt that at some point they'll end up in Kokoro's apartment (saving money on a love hotel). By grade 11 the majority of North American students are sexually active (can't remember the citation for the studies I've seen, but as a former high school teacher it tallies with my observations), so the major difference may be the social attitudes. I think Kokoro's friends' reactions probably reflect what the reality is (inappropriate location where others can see you). Would it have been as much a shock if it was in the gym equipment room, the school stage, or an empty music room (the traditional locations for a high school tryst)?
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

May 20, 2012 10:16 PM

Nov 2011
LOL, they are quite daring at school now despite just starting to date.
Oct 10, 2012 11:16 AM

Nov 2009
The stairway action definitely did NOT put this in the direction of josei... If you are under the assumption that references to sex and the like are not common of Shoujo than you clearly haven't seen enough shoujo. Its alot more common for things like that to come up in shoujo than in shounen which is why people then think the boundaries for Josei are similar to that of Seinen however that is wrong. Sorry for the long rant but thinking that shoujo cannot have things like this is actually very wrong. Aside from that I hope that Kokoro and Kippei will be able to work something out that won't upset Yuzu.
Oct 16, 2012 1:39 PM

Sep 2011
I thought it was pretty funny to be honest. Especially because Kokoro just looked so out of it when her friends stepped in and was fixing her clothes. LOL
Mar 21, 2013 4:59 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
I was rolling my eyes at the stairway scene, not because I disapproved of what they were doing (I don't), but where they were.

Then I was laughing my ass off at the way Yazuyu and Kokoro were sizing each other up at the playground. And then my jaw hit the floor at Kokoro's answer to Yuzuyu's very to the point question.

I figured Yazuyu might try to leave by herself. It's easy to bitch at the daycare/school, but when two adults are trying to keep track of 25 kids and people are coming and going and the phone is ringing and...it's actually not hard for a kid that really want's to slip away to do so.
Mar 21, 2013 6:08 PM

Jan 2013
First off the background music is killing me.

Second, the stairwell scene was uncomfortable. I felt like the show I was watching was turning into something else with the close up of their bodies during their make out session. I am cool with stuff like that when it makes sense. Ugh, when he says are you lonely at night I wanted to puke!
"What color do you want to be?" -Shiina Mashiro
Mar 21, 2013 6:13 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
mora404 said:
I am cool with stuff like that when it makes sense. Ugh, when he says are you lonely at night I wanted to puke!
yeah, he's not winning points there, for sure.
Mar 21, 2013 6:19 PM

Jan 2013
Well it's a lame line. One that sounded like he has used it before. I wish he wasn't such a horn-dog.

Weird too when Kokoro asked him if he loved Yuzuyu... had a strange vibe to it.
"What color do you want to be?" -Shiina Mashiro
Apr 11, 2013 12:45 PM

Dec 2007
I liked the stairwell scene. It was funny when Kokoro's friends kicked Kippei.
Apr 25, 2013 12:53 PM

May 2012
Almost success for Kippei =p some direct action, well I actually like the current development between those two, although she did mentioned that she didn't love him or was that just to suit Yuzuyu? Either way she's gone to home alone, I hope Kippei can find her fast!
Apr 7, 2014 1:22 AM

Apr 2012
the fuck did i just watch lol
That stairway scene felt so out of place. Not to mention the location was pretty out in the open LOL. I thought this was suppose to be pg 13 lel.

Aug 27, 2014 7:49 PM

Dec 2012
Were they really planning to go all the way on the stairs? I feel a bit bad for Kokoro since it seems like Kippei is still stuck in playboy mode and I don't think it's really registered to him that she's different and wants him to just focus on her.

Well as tensions and jealousy arise, Marika continues to remain my favorite.
Dec 21, 2014 3:13 PM

Jun 2011
I don't like this episode very much, that's the one where Yuzuyu ran away.
Numbuh 3, you've got to get off the couch, you cannot sit in that tree house, girl you like Rainbow Monkeys so grab your little shit and then swing!

Hand tracks be tracking me to different doorways. In a maze, and I don't know what to do. Guaranteed though, Ima find the emeralds.
Feb 22, 2015 4:37 PM

May 2014
I was like, YES! Kippei actually said sorry

"when I'm with you my worries disappear" ~ Kokoro
So, she's using him as a relief pill!! Alrighty, Kippei just got a taste of his own medicine.

So... she needs stupidity???
"This sorta thing seems stupid, but its stupidity relieves me." as a response to Kippei sticking his hand under her shirt. Making out and groping on the floor already? WEW!

The next episode seems much more promising in the preview. It's drama heavy!
Apr 26, 2015 11:33 PM

Apr 2010
Ah, that stairway scene. It was funny to watch although I must agree with the rest. There are things that you should only do together at home.
Poor Yuzuyu. I hope nothing bad is going to happen with her. She REALLY shouldn't go back home by herself. :c
Oct 25, 2018 7:01 PM
Apr 2018
Come on, really, the staircase?

Ugh, here it comes one of the "tropes" that I hate the most: when a main characters get lost. I get too anxious if they at not found fast.
Jan 27, 2019 6:33 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
lol people all "teenagers making out at school blasphemy" but this is not uncommon, I guess anime has brainwashed y'all. Maybe they should've picked a more secluded area but maybe those stairs are usually empty during lunch. Also found Kokoro not being super embarrassed or taking tit touching seriously actually subversive of all fucking things, cause it's not a huge deal.

Also I know it's justified but I'm getting tired of Yuzuyu and Kippei having misunderstandings, they're more of a shoujo couple then anything.
Jun 11, 2019 6:20 AM
Apr 2016
Well, that place seems to be near the top, so I guess people don't walk around there much. Well, just like those girls said, Kippei is really pushy, just started dating yet he's pushing it that far, already. Would've been a nonsensical scene but considering it's Kippei, it does make sense. Well, of course Yuzu is sad now, she's a child. What Kokoro said to Yuzu made sense though, it was solely to make her feel better.
Oct 4, 2019 7:09 PM

Jan 2018
So they're seriously okay making out in school stairs knowing that some students or worse, teachers sees them.
Oct 27, 2021 4:58 AM

Aug 2021
this feels really weird, to say the least... i want my heartwarming kippei and yuzuyu actions back
Aug 27, 2023 12:57 AM

Jul 2013
That stairwell action was AWKWARD!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aishiteruze Baby Episode 1 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Apr 13, 2009

36 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Mar 13, 10:11 AM

Poll: » Aishiteruze Baby Episode 3 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Apr 14, 2009

21 by Uneducated_Weeb »»
Mar 4, 8:47 AM

Poll: » Aishiteruze Baby Episode 22 Discussion

Alicia3000 - May 10, 2009

21 by Kuruwin »»
Sep 1, 2023 12:23 AM

Poll: » Aishiteruze Baby Episode 4 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Apr 14, 2009

37 by ims-tokyo »»
Aug 12, 2023 3:39 AM

Poll: » Aishiteruze Baby Episode 2 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Apr 13, 2009

27 by rinirax »»
Apr 27, 2023 1:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.