Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 24, 2007 2:55 PM

Mar 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yay, we got some action again! And Margery's past, it's going to be interesting to see that Yuri guy in action.
Nov 24, 2007 3:31 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Yep, though I doubt that Yuri will make it through alive. Just guessing from the reaction Margery gave when she was asked to train someone again though.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Nov 24, 2007 5:47 PM

Feb 2007
cyruz said:
Yep, though I doubt that Yuri will make it through alive. Just guessing from the reaction Margery gave when she was asked to train someone again though.

I agree... From the first moment the story seemed to go this way. And from how they've described him, probably while trying to save Margery. We'll see...
Nov 24, 2007 6:08 PM

May 2007
Ok. things are getting interesting
Nov 24, 2007 7:32 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
I wonder what kind of power or fighting style Yuri has.... It is nearly 99% sure that he dies from all logical deductions..... Also need to see Yuji getting more sure of himself. I mean...he shouldn't start screaming like a scared animal in front of Wilhemia's Rinne....he should definitely get more courage and determination....

But that time will come soon......I hope....if there aren't a lot of "character development" episodes in the future.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Nov 24, 2007 8:27 PM
May 2007
Finally, things are getting interesting again so the episodes don't drag on.

So what exactly is the thing on Annaberg's face? The small hand seems to go up as he gets excited and the other two hands don't seem to move at all during the episode.
Nov 24, 2007 8:31 PM

Jan 2007
Pretty good episode. Nice change from all the Konoe arc. Liked how Yuji destroyed that rinne. I'll be looking forward to his unrestricted spells training.
Nov 24, 2007 9:39 PM

Aug 2007
Good epi. Some action finally. Yep, all bets are that Yuri dies next epi.

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Nov 24, 2007 10:54 PM

Nov 2007
wakka9ca said:
I wonder what kind of power or fighting style Yuri has.... It is nearly 99% sure that he dies from all logical deductions..... Also need to see Yuji getting more sure of himself. I mean...he shouldn't start screaming like a scared animal in front of Wilhemia's Rinne....he should definitely get more courage and determination....

But that time will come soon......I hope....if there aren't a lot of "character development" episodes in the future.

Yeah Yuji needs to gain more courage, but in that situation it was a natural reaction. The Rinne that Wilhemia summoned was a duplicate of the first one Yuji incountered on episode 1 of Shhakugan no Shana. That first incounter was pretty tramatic for Yuji, and it also caused the death of the girl that Shana took over. So I think there was a fair amount of shock involved that caused Yuji to run.

Anyway that was a pretty good episode, and I like that they are developing Margery's character more.
Nov 24, 2007 11:05 PM

Nov 2007
Finally we get back to the story... sort of...
The Kanoe arc was preety pointless.
Nov 24, 2007 11:38 PM

Aug 2007
The Tomogara, Annaberg, looks like some kind of guage. Maybe he could tell me how much air I have in my tires.
Nov 25, 2007 2:25 AM

Sep 2007
yes nice epi finally the story is moving forward, not that special but i think its important to know about margerys past.
Nov 25, 2007 6:39 AM
Sep 2007
cyruz said:

Exactly my thoughts. I'm pretty sure this will lead to Margery willing to train Keisaku.
Nov 25, 2007 9:44 AM

Jun 2007
Maybe Keisaku will get Yuri's King of Guze in the near future...

Nov 25, 2007 10:59 AM

Sep 2007

Exactly my thoughts. I'm pretty sure this will lead to Margery willing to train Keisaku.

Um... mind you this could show the very reason why she wont train him
Ah cheese, the devil's play thing.

Nov 25, 2007 11:44 AM
Sep 2007
Kamaitachi said:

Um... mind you this could show the very reason why she wont train him
Well. I think Yuri might die, because he followed her even though she didn't want him to come along.
So I think it would be logical if she would train Keisaku to prevent him from following her against her will and then dying due to his lacks of power.
Nov 25, 2007 12:08 PM

Nov 2007
Annaberg is a strange name...
Nice to see the series picking up some action. I've missed it quite a lot in the second season up to now.
I'm lazy and won't speculate about the next episode tho xD
Nov 25, 2007 1:04 PM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
I think it was ok ... I wanted more action to the current situation and not a memory that will last 2 episdoes but I like Yuri ^^ He seemd a really good kid and has enough power in him . But as Margery says the story to show them how cruel and ugly the world is , I doubt he will have good reasults in the end ...
Nov 25, 2007 1:57 PM

May 2007
OMG! i can't believe it, after 7 super crappy episodes, finally a good one, very good one, man!, it'd be so cool if keisaku becomes a flame haze or something like that, I think he's really cool, I like dudes who act cool, and are serious all the time.
Nov 25, 2007 2:00 PM

Sep 2007
An okay episode but it was nice to get something about Margery's background. Like almost everyone's said, I don't think Yuri's going to live. Can't wait to see the action of next episode.
Nov 25, 2007 2:15 PM

Oct 2007
Good episode, get an in sight to Margery's past!

looking forward to the next episode!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 25, 2007 4:02 PM

Oct 2007
This episode had a little more action, but overall, 2nd season doesn't seem that great compared to first.
Nov 25, 2007 5:39 PM

Jun 2007
someone is getting jealous in the series xD

the way yuji killed the rinne was pretty... awesome, he only punched its hand, and then the rinne dissapeared... i wish i could do that

getting to know how metamorphosis met margery was a good thing from this episode, also, margery's background story is pretty important to the series, since, well... she seems like she is going to take a great part in it...

one thing this episode lacked... shana

and wilheremina seems like is going to leave somewhere... wonder what it is...
that means...
1. shana stays by herself
2. shana goes back to yuji's house, and lives there up to when wilheremina appears again
Nov 25, 2007 6:16 PM

Sep 2007
Action! Woopee! At least there's some now. Enough filler episodes. :D
Nov 25, 2007 7:30 PM

Aug 2007
I like this episode out of pretty out of all I seen. They finally showed the silver guy again, and I been wanting to see more of him ever since they talk about him in the first season.

I can't wait for the next episode, since it looks like we can see what Yuri is able to do.
Nov 25, 2007 9:55 PM

Dec 2006
I like Margery's dress too.
And how she wore her hair down.
:3

Seeing this Yuri kid and the fact that Margery didn't wear glasses before is somewhat.... interesting.
Nov 26, 2007 7:57 AM

Oct 2007
Finally a great episode, out of all the crap I've been seeing, lately in this series. ^_^

There was some great developments for both Yuuji and Margery but what I hated was the cliffhanger ending. T_T
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 26, 2007 11:35 PM

Nov 2007
The Konoe arc is over, thank god =_=
Yeah more of Margery =D

Come visit my dA account: http://yanagitakeshi.deviantart.com
Come visit my city here: http://brave-willow.myminicity.com/
Like dinosours? Sign up & play here: http://www.dinoparc.com/?ref=Takeshi
Nov 27, 2007 7:48 AM

Sep 2007
Does anyone think that "Pheles" that wilhelmina mentioned could have something to do with that green haired woman in the intro?

Nov 27, 2007 9:03 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
You don't have to post that signature image in every post, put the code into your signature options instead.

Kamaitachi said:
Does anyone think that "Pheles" that wilhelmina mentioned could have something to do with that green haired woman in the intro?

I don't think so, I got spoiled by reading some other posts and think her name is different.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Nov 28, 2007 6:37 AM

Sep 2007
I dont think so, wasnt the name of that clowny/girl with the bell tomogara's name Marie Mare?

Nov 28, 2007 8:59 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
I just checked wikipedia and it says that Mare was the one who put Yuji in that dream world in the beginning.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Nov 29, 2007 9:56 AM

Sep 2007
Yeah i figured that, so maybe she is Pheles

Nov 29, 2007 10:45 PM

May 2007
One of my favorite arc in the first series was Shana's past.

Strong fighter-type characters just don't came out nowhere. Guess that's why I'm enjoying this part right now. How it's done, the dramatic style and eerie BGMs; it's like reading a novel in visuals. The story of Margery Daw's past may take one or two more episodes. It could be hard for some people as we're not gonna see Shana and Yuji for a little bit but I think it's a cool shift. To have one of world's famous place as the setting and occurred years after the Great Depression at that. Of course, I'm looking forward for a big fight in the next episode.

P.S. Nice Margery service shot.

Also, in the beginning of episode, I can't believe Yuji advanced that much progress in short time. He actually have powers now. I LOL'd when Wilhelmina used that "ITADAKIMASU!" Rinne from way back. At the end of the night, she praised him and Shana said he's at advanced level and ready to cast out Fuzetsu next. This is definitely something after the dreary romance arc. And now we can rest assured, 'cause we're back to the good old 'Shakugan no Shana' storytelling.
Nov 29, 2007 11:42 PM

Nov 2007
Good to see that some plot is moving about. At first I thought I'd find Margery's story boring, since she isn't my favorite of all the characters, but it turned out pretty good. Interesting suspense laid out.
Dec 2, 2007 10:36 AM

Dec 2006
Still nothing interesting has happened. *sigh

Only the love triangle has become a square

Not interested keisaku becoming a flame haze.

Margery's past is alright. I have to wait for for the next episode for the continuation. =.=*

Needs more SHANA and the Bal masquere !! Why is it concentrating so much on side characters now!?
drastikhateDec 2, 2007 11:59 AM

I__u_p_p_e_d__m_y__s_t_a_n_d_a_r_d_s_,__s_o__U_P__y_o_u_r_s!
Jun 28, 2008 5:51 PM

Feb 2008
FINALLY SOME ACTION!!!

92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listens to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.
Jul 18, 2008 12:43 AM

Apr 2008
hope that the past is only for one more ep. the fights are less interesting cuz I know Margery has to survive (to be there in the future).

Jul 1, 2009 7:53 PM

Dec 2008
lol wtf a flashback within a flashback.
Jul 18, 2009 12:14 AM

Dec 2008
Some nice background story going on.
Jan 19, 2010 8:00 AM

Nov 2009
despite the likelyhood of yuri having died in margery's past i still hope she decided to train them ><
Jan 27, 2010 8:49 AM

Aug 2009
YAAAAY, finally an action episode with Margery-san ^.^ ♥

Good thing they show these flashbacks about hewr past >.> I'm pretty sure the reason she will... or won't train Keisaku and Tanaka has a lot to do with that Yuri...
Imagine them as Flame Haze... wow O.O niiiiiiice >.<
Feb 7, 2010 12:12 PM

Jan 2009
Margey was just being mean to that kid... It's not like all Flame Haze are the same as her...
I don't think Tanaka would want to become a Flame Haze... But it would be interesting to see Keisaku become one...

Oct 10, 2010 10:30 AM

Feb 2010
someone happens to walk in while I was watching and it happened at the scene where Margery took off her dress >_>
Nov 4, 2010 6:11 PM

Sep 2008
The Konoe introduction arc type thing will definitely be relevant later on... but I'm glad they're giving it a rest. Maybe the creators knew that their viewers would get sick of Konoe quickly.

I liked seeing more of Margery's past~ I thought it was a great episode. :D And of course, like everyone else has already mentioned, it's doubtful that Yuri will survive...

Somehow, though, I still think Margery will end up training Keisaku~
Dec 23, 2010 6:08 PM
Jun 2010
i liked it, we got to learn more about margery. i hope that kid (can't remember his name) doesn't do the training.
Jan 10, 2011 8:34 PM

Sep 2010
Pretty boring, in my opinion.
It's pretty damn obvious that kid is going to die; I mean, why else would this story even be told? Isn't it to teach Keisaku why it wouldn't be a good idea to blah blah blah
This isn't the past of Margery that I want to know. >:C
Sep 15, 2011 11:37 PM

Jan 2011
More of Margery's past, though we haven't got the full story on why she became a flame haze yet. Telling the henchman this story may not have the desired affect, particularly on Keisaku.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Oct 21, 2011 4:31 AM
Apr 2009
Great episode. Margery's one of my favorites. She's got a great figure, too. :)
Dec 22, 2011 11:07 PM

Mar 2011
A rather boring episode, but I suppose Margery deserves some back story.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

nukedeggs - Mar 27, 2008

212 by k4rlo »»
May 17, 5:33 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana II Episode 10 Discussion

cyruz - Dec 11, 2007

49 by almightybismarck »»
Apr 12, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana II Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Tenshin - Dec 2, 2007

79 by almightybismarck »»
Mar 28, 8:27 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana II Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Cloudy - Nov 23, 2007

69 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Jan 19, 10:09 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana II Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Faust721 - Nov 10, 2007

63 by almightybismarck »»
Sep 27, 2023 11:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.