Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 22, 2007 12:37 PM

Oct 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

The first of the clannad episodes i've cried in during the first watch.
Really a beautifull episode.

I abselutely can't wait for the next.

My dear weak spacenoids. THAT LEVEL OF LOVE CAN'T BREAK MY BODY OF STEEL!
Nov 23, 2007 1:08 AM

Sep 2007
There's people complaining about how the story's progressing too slow or Fuuko's story isn't interesting enough...I just don't understand how they can say that after watching this episode...since this is basically the climax.
"A ray of Hope....a vague Wish...can only spark from Despair.
-C.C.- Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch
Nov 23, 2007 2:15 AM

Apr 2007
I think Fuuko's arc is really really interesting

I cried in this episode again...i wonder if the other arcs are as sad as hers

and KyoAni again did an excellent job as always
Taku0Nov 23, 2007 2:33 AM

The Red Truth is the only truth in the world
Nov 23, 2007 8:23 AM
Aug 2007
dammmmmmm everyone is 4getting about Fuko....... and the next episode it seems that she will disappear now... This arc was really good..I'm gonna miss Fuko now...
Nov 23, 2007 10:30 AM
Nov 2007
Give it time and things will pull together.
Nov 23, 2007 12:00 PM

Aug 2007
hehe Nagisa's parents ftw. Though it looks like things are coming to a sad close I think it will still be a good end esp. since her sister will finally get married.
Nov 23, 2007 3:30 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Another very awesome episode, heart-warming as well as funny. Liked it a lot, especially the Nagisa&Fuko moments. Kyou made an appearance as well and Nagisa's parents were as great as ever. Looking forward to more.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Nov 23, 2007 5:36 PM

Oct 2007
Aw D: I was close to tears.
Poor Fuuko, being forgotten.
I seriously can not wait for the next episode.
Nov 23, 2007 5:55 PM

Nov 2006
I cried 3 times :(
Especially when Sunohara and Nagisa's mom were trying to hard to remember/see her :(
Nov 23, 2007 5:55 PM

Oct 2007
At first I didn't particularly like Fuuko.
but when Sunohara forgot about Fuuko I started to tear up as well..
Nov 23, 2007 6:23 PM
Oct 2007
Awesomely great episode.

Sad how everyone is starting to forget about fuko, but when nagisa's mum touched fuko even though she couldn't see her... That means we have confirmation that people who can't see her can still feel here, and she still interacts with the world or whatever, so no paradoxes.

I've been wondering about that for a while.
Nov 23, 2007 6:43 PM

Nov 2007
This episode was nice but it wasn't really interesting, they really make a huge deal out of everything don't they... I'm not getting the feeling that Fuuko will disappear, it feels like nothing is really happening, but overall this is a nice anime, i don't understand the sad factor, seeing that I don't have a single part of me thinking Fuuko will diappear. I mean I get sad really often because of anime but i'm not not getting it for Clannad. This episode makes you want to wait and watch the next one, that's all i can really say about this ep.

~ Hana
-Yuki-Nov 24, 2007 10:53 PM
Nov 23, 2007 6:50 PM
May 2007
So who's this "Fuko-chan" everyone is talking about? Sounds so much like a useless minor character name.
Nov 23, 2007 6:51 PM

Nov 2007
Poor Fuuko. *sniffles*
I thought it was really sad when the one girl's mom started to cry because she couldn't see Fuuko.
Nov 23, 2007 7:43 PM

Oct 2007
yeah this was a sad episode ;_;

Okazaki almost started to lose it a few times, and the part with Nagisa's mom was the saddest part for me!
Nov 23, 2007 7:52 PM
Jun 2007
Awesome episode, didn't feel that sad in a long time =D
Nov 23, 2007 8:56 PM

Feb 2007
I felt sad throughout the whole episode, but I didn't cry. I rarely cry in an anime, even in one as sad as this one.

I'd have to agree with Guidan. Seeing Sanae crying was the most depressing part of the episode, while the funniest part was her trying to get the knife out of Akio's foot. I'm kinda getting tired of Nagisa though...I need more Tomoyo...I'm just glad she appeared in this episode.
Nov 23, 2007 9:05 PM

Oct 2007
Zarin said:
So who's this "Fuko-chan" everyone is talking about? Sounds so much like a useless minor character name.

Oh noes... you have forgotten about her too? Or is it. =P

Anyway, great episode, as always.
Nov 23, 2007 9:37 PM

Jun 2007
Great, great episode. Saddest part was definitely with Sanae. T_T So perfectly heart-breaking.

Sunohara trying to remember was really sad as well. Tomoya nearly losing it several times made me love him all the more.

Even though I've greatly enjoyed this arc, I'm a little worried that it's nine episodes long. How many girls do we still have to go through? Nagisa, Kyou, Tomoyo, and Kotomi, right? *blinks* But yeah, Fu-chan is still awesome.
Nov 23, 2007 10:32 PM

Feb 2007
I don't cry either.

Um yeah, it was good. I just LOVE the other characters, so I am a tiny bit sad and also happy Fuko's arc will be ending.

But it was definitely sad! :(
Nov 23, 2007 11:32 PM

Dec 2006
who-ko?
Nov 23, 2007 11:36 PM

Nov 2006
protoman96 said:
who-ko?
you better be thankful i wasn't drinking anything then, boy.
Nov 23, 2007 11:52 PM

Feb 2007
windy said:
protoman96 said:
who-ko?
you better be thankful i wasn't drinking anything then, boy.

HAHAHHAHA.
Nov 24, 2007 12:04 AM

Jun 2007
I don't think all nine episodes count as the Fuko Arc, the other previous episodes from the beginning concentrated on Nagisa and this arc started when they noticed Fuko was living at the school and she was the ghost girl. In the earliest episodes, she was just as minor as the other girls are now.

I cried once, when Sanae broke down and tried to talk to Fuko even though she couldn't see her and was starting to forget her.

Nov 24, 2007 12:23 AM

Jul 2007
The comedy is on the downfall at last. Before I get into the serious part of this commentary, am I the only one thinking that Nagisa is molesting Fuko when she's comforting her? Some of the ways she holds her just don't seem right ^_^"

More importantly, a serious Sunohara is fine too, and you can only imagine the things going through Fuko's mind as everyone is beginning to forget about her. And then that ending, "Okaerinasai"... my god, that was just painful to watch when Sanae was reaching up to Fuko.

I'm afraid for Ep. 9 like I was afraid for Ep. 10 of Kanon... every Key story comes with a sacrifice... *sniff* Not her... take strung out Kotomi, but not my Fu-chan! T_T
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Nov 24, 2007 1:24 AM

Nov 2007
Oh god. The preview for ep 9 is soooo sad in a happy sort of way.

Serious Sunohara was pretty awesome.
Nov 24, 2007 3:15 AM

Nov 2006
Stupid serious sexy Sunohara is the best.
I'm glad people are liking that scene, makes me really glad I faved him.
It appears that Clannaids characters have more facets than Kanon's did...(specifically thinking of Kitagawa/Sunohara here).
I'm really surprised at how immensely similar the two series are, yet how different they are...can't quite pinpoint exactly what makes it them so different though...Never thought I'd be enjoying this as much as I am.
Nov 24, 2007 4:53 AM

Oct 2007
Wow! I was so close to crying in that episode so I quickly had to man up and keep those tears in. The best part has to be all the parts Sunohara was in, because he gave of a completely different feel than he usually does. ^_^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 24, 2007 4:56 AM

Oct 2007
windy said:
It appears that Clannaids characters have more facets than Kanon's did...(specifically thinking of Kitagawa/Sunohara here).
I'm really surprised at how immensely similar the two series are, yet how different they are...can't quite pinpoint exactly what makes it them so different though...Never thought I'd be enjoying this as much as I am.

Yeah that's so true, Kitagawa (Kanon) was so 2 dimensional and had one defined personality whereas Sunohara (Clannad) has far more depth to him.

I'm liking where this story is going and if this continues to improve I may even give it a 10/10 in the end. ^_^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 24, 2007 5:07 AM

Oct 2007
windy said:

I am glad they finally put something good about Youhei... It was about time.
It shows us how serious he can be if needed... (I want to check the hospital, but i am scared i might forget...)
Lovely episode, i agree that its a climax... next episode -> i cant wait!!!

Cant believe she will disappear...
Nov 24, 2007 6:14 AM

Jul 2007
Great episode.
Poor Fuko.
Aw.. ._.
Nov 24, 2007 6:17 AM

Aug 2007
Yay the Fuko part is coming to an end finally given the title of the next episode. Perhaps it's now time for Clannad to start moving on and not going over the same stuff again for 9 or so episodes.

Nov 24, 2007 8:53 AM

Apr 2007
No tears were shed during this episode here. Though it was really emotional, unlike the other episodes. I think what touched me the most were how sad people were about forgetting Fuko. I wanted to hug Sunohara at some point, and when Nagisa's mom cried, it was really sad.

Aside from those moments, the fountain scene was really touching. I can really see the love blossoming between those two, in such a marvelous fashion. It's not fast-paced, like AIR, or out-of-the-blue, like Kanon. It progresses perfectly, like it would in real life. I abosutely adore Tomoya and Nagisa. And I'm glad we finally get to see how Fuko ends up, because as sad as I am for her, we still have many other girls to see, and I miss the "Dream world."

Aside from that, what EXACTLY WAS THIS?!

http://randomc.animeblogger.net/image/CLANNAD/CLANNAD%20-%2008%20-%20Large%2019.jpg

God, it totally topped the Yuuichi dance in Shiori's arc in Kanon. Priceless.
Nov 24, 2007 9:19 AM

Sep 2007
I hate to admit it, but I felt a couple of tears. I think this'll be one of the first animes I've cried to in years.

Did you know there's a Phantasy Star Club?
Nov 24, 2007 9:47 AM

Nov 2007
OMg it's getting great but I also cried a little, can't wait until next episode even it looks like it only gets more sad.
Nov 24, 2007 9:57 AM
Oct 2007
We love you Fuko-chan <3!
This episode was so sad... and the preview for episode 09 makes it seems sadder...
Nov 24, 2007 9:57 AM

Nov 2007
It was really sad. Can't wait to see where the story progresses. My guess is that Fu-chan disappears in the next episode. She is one of my favorite charicters too.
Nov 24, 2007 10:13 AM
Jun 2007
Evrything is so cute!!! ^^
Nov 24, 2007 11:24 AM

Sep 2007
The preview for Episode 9 was the best contraste between the sad//happy that i had see in an anime. Fuuko arc is very emotional, it will be the next the end of the arc? and until here this was the most sad episode of all, Great episode! and hope for a happy end of arc!
Nov 24, 2007 11:41 AM

Jan 2007
I still like Fuuko the least but man was that almost a tearjerker. Great stuff. I'll be looking forward to the next episode.
Nov 24, 2007 11:42 AM

Sep 2007
great epi through. the sanae scene was really really sad, but the it was quite strange that she didnt forget her but couldnt see her.
and with the end of the next arc i am now interested which arc is the next one.
it would be really sad if okazaki and nagisa would forget about fuko too.

Nov 24, 2007 11:58 AM

Jun 2007
soo... this episode made me come to realize that... even i can get sad in anime episodes, it made me realize that i have a heart... it was hard to see that episode, but i am happy i saw it.
i gotta comment that sunohara being serious, and smart is pretty much a good improvement, since, he did look like he cared about fuko. he is a nice person after all.
seeing sunohara break down by trying to remember fuko was painful, seeing a cheerful character like him go like that, is just painful.
seeing the fujibarashi sisters trying to remember fuko was a little hard as well.
then some comedy came along.
nagisa's parents made me laugh quite a bit this episode, nagisa's dad stabbing his foot was fun to watch.
seeing okazaki saying "hahahahhaha, it doesnt suit her" made me laugh a little, the way he laughs is... funny.
then we have the starfish > okazaki > sea slugs... fun i even took a screenie =O

the last moments of the episode were really sad, seeing sanae-san cry that much because she couldnt see fuko... it also makes me think that fuko is not getting forgetted from people's minds, but, she is just dissapearing from the world, i know, i am a bit late realizing that xD.

TsundereRicNov 24, 2007 12:20 PM
Nov 24, 2007 12:27 PM

Jul 2007
Now I feel like I don't have a heart xD
Nov 24, 2007 2:27 PM

Jun 2007
I was close to crying >__< especially in the part where Sunohara tries to remember Fuuko and when Nagisa's mom can't see her. This was such a sad episode, but i really loved it. I really love this anime!

Nov 24, 2007 2:40 PM

Nov 2007
I tend not to cry, but if I do, then it really means something. And I strangely didn't this episode. Maybe it doesn't work if I'm really expecting something sad to happen. But Makoto in Kanon got some tears even though I was expecting it.

But then again the whole end of Makoto's arc didn't have splashes of humor like Fuuko's does here in Clannad. But I like the humor; it's still wonderfully executed and quite funny. I'll laugh out loud during them still.

Then the sad moments hit you right back, but it hasn't been sad for long enough to induce tears. Maybe the next ep will be different, as it really feels like the last one of this arc.

I agree with others that it's taking a long time only so the viewers can really get set into the story, the environment, and the characters. My wild guess is that Tomoyo is next, and everyone will already have the momentum carried from Fuuko that the remaining arcs don't have to take so long to complete.

But I do feel for her, and KyoAni's presentation continues to be amazing.

( Go, Starfish Alliance! )
Nov 24, 2007 9:20 PM

Nov 2007
Definitely a sad episode.

Fuko will soon be forgotten, but of course, we wont forget her right? :DD

Looking forward to the next ep
Nov 24, 2007 9:45 PM

Sep 2007
Yeah I don't usually cry with anime [except Air] but this episode had me close to tears. I will definitely miss her but can't wait for the next arc :D
Nov 25, 2007 9:51 AM

Mar 2007
So sad... ;____; Sanae... and Sunohara...
Nov 25, 2007 11:36 AM

Mar 2005
AngelLily said:
No tears were shed during this episode here. Though it was really emotional, unlike the other episodes. I think what touched me the most were how sad people were about forgetting Fuko. I wanted to hug Sunohara at some point, and when Nagisa's mom cried, it was really sad.

Aside from those moments, the fountain scene was really touching. I can really see the love blossoming between those two, in such a marvelous fashion. It's not fast-paced, like AIR, or out-of-the-blue, like Kanon. It progresses perfectly, like it would in real life. I abosutely adore Tomoya and Nagisa. And I'm glad we finally get to see how Fuko ends up, because as sad as I am for her, we still have many other girls to see, and I miss the "Dream world."

Faust721 said:
I still like Fuuko the least but man was that almost a tearjerker. Great stuff. I'll be looking forward to the next episode.

These two sum up my thoughts pretty well. there's a few issues I have with Fuko's arc, but I'll lay those out in a blog post sometime soon.

hmm...this whole "existance being erased" story feels like something i've seen before. I'm wracking my brains but I can't seem to remember where i've seen this. it may or may not have been an anime either, can anyone help me out?
Nov 25, 2007 1:06 PM

Jul 2007
Shakugan no Shana has that as a theme, if that helps o.o

And I'm pretty sure it's a fairly mainstream theme.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Clannad Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

radiantfire - Dec 21, 2007

203 by Extremo888 »»
May 11, 9:44 PM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nodoka-koi - Nov 29, 2007

447 by Extremo888 »»
May 10, 11:41 AM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Awesmoe - Mar 28, 2008

350 by Creepyy »»
May 8, 6:26 PM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KY791 - Mar 13, 2008

146 by Creepyy »»
May 8, 4:59 PM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Sobzob - Nov 2, 2007

153 by Extremo888 »»
May 8, 3:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.