Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
May 17, 2016 8:49 AM

Jul 2015
One of the best MC ever, he was amazing and bad ass al the times !

9/10
Jun 27, 2016 6:06 AM

Mar 2014
Grateful this psychological sensation was my first sports anime.

My only gripes are 1) Tokuchi signing the revised contract, and 2) it didn't develop any of the supporting cast, specifically Kojima.

9/10
Jul 8, 2016 2:34 PM
Jun 2013
This was a very solid 8/10 for me. The beginning was phenomenal, kept me guessing, and made me genuinely interested in the sport of baseball (which is impressive because I don't care for sports at all).

There could have definitely been more characterization though. I would have liked to see Tokuchi out of his comfort zone and not in control all of the time it would have just made things more engaging for me (it started feeling repetitive after a while). Also the other characters didn't feel all that important for a majority of the episodes. I was expecting for Kojima to play more of role in the games, but that didn't happen to the very and end, and even that was minimal. And the last set of games lasted waaaay too long imo.

So there were definitely some things I thought were missing, but for what it did focus on, it was very successful.
Jul 30, 2016 2:39 AM

Jan 2016
This show started off great then it just became boring and repetitive and full of asspulls.

I swear Baseball is the most boring sport in existence.

3/10
Aug 16, 2016 1:37 AM

Mar 2012
Just as great as I remembered it. It's a real shame they have yet to continue it since the manga already ended so there's really no point for them to make a S2 :( Guess I'll have to read the manga to finish the story.
Sep 16, 2016 12:52 AM

Oct 2015
great series and cool ending. I wish it was more than 25 episodes because it is worth it. If there was a season 2 i would have definitely watched it. Tokuchi was an amazing character with his gambling skills to wriggle out of the situation and able to outsmart opponents and owner. The guy fascinated me much more when he was able to only give out one point in his career. Oh man i cant speak on the yearly money (4.36 billion yen) he was able to obtain from owner, goes to show his greediness has not emerged (owner). 9/10 is the rating because the have not won the championship.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Oct 12, 2016 12:18 PM

Mar 2013
A very enjoyable show with awesome music. That said, I'm not a huge fan of Tokuchi or his constant pokerface/smirk. I enjoyed his character the most in this final arc... can you guess why? Because he wasn't 100% in control the whole time during it. I fucking hated that about the earlier arcs. It at least took a bit of time for him to figure some things out in this last one.

And this is why Kaiji is still superior (both the show and the protag).
Dec 21, 2016 7:22 AM

Sep 2016
the anime name should be : Toua and jerks ( Overrated character ) ._.
YasT-assFeb 19, 2018 3:07 PM
Feb 25, 2017 5:36 PM
Jul 2018
Yeah finished watching the whole episode so quickly! This was really good anime but I wish there was character development which could strengthen this anime more.Not an anime for everyone.

9/10 from me.The plot twist always could left me thrilled even from a sport anime or I can say 'from a chess game'.
Mar 23, 2017 7:23 AM

Oct 2015
Everything just flew by quickly! Guess I'll go read the manga then.
Jun 7, 2017 11:40 AM
May 2017
Really bothers me that the owner's assistant had video proof of cheating yet doesn't edit that and use it against him but oh well. Also the commentator was kind of annoying. Overall I ended up giving the show a 7 just barely coming out of a 6.
Aug 15, 2017 1:26 AM
Jan 2015
8/10..although I prefer see Tokuchi battle it out with Mariners and Johnson
this cheating team is annoy me , such a weakling can become 2nd
but they are too stupid to cheat with Tokuchi ..
I thought they were going to do better to destroy Tokuchi
but putting a sandpaper as trump card? how dull-witted ..it is too obvious
Sep 3, 2017 10:36 PM

Nov 2011
I was hoping something on Baby Steps level. This is so unrealistic but not on the level of shit Kurokos and Diamond no Ace, and the so called pros are so unprofessional and idiots. MC always guess correctly even though in real life it should not go that way, making him a boring predictable invincible mc. But gotta admit the fights are good if you stop thinking about it.
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Sep 12, 2017 1:24 PM

Jan 2015
Tokuchi is the boss! Does the manga has the continuation of this series?
Nov 12, 2017 7:40 PM

Dec 2014
This didn't have any pay off. I was curious how this was going to end with so few episodes and I'm just left disappointed. I thought something big was going to happen like the owner getting caught for cheating and going to jail or even something as extreme as Tokuchi getting hit with a dead ball that kills him. But none of that happens and it just ends partway through the baseball season with no real conclusion. I'm just left wanting more and feeling like I only got part of a product.

6/10
Nov 23, 2017 4:02 PM

Nov 2016
Lol, that sandpaper plan backfired,Toua owned that guy hard.

Pretty good show overall,Touas mind games were definitely entertaining.

Too bad that even after 9 years there's still not a second season.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 1, 2018 6:06 PM
Dec 2015
Enjoyed this show, but to be honest in real life too many situations wouldn't go like they went in this anime.

For example, the latest I notice:

May 26, 2018 4:48 PM

Dec 2015
it was so confusing to me i got a headache + Tokuchi was too overpowered in a bad way to the point that make other characters stupid and useless overall 5/10
JirokissawMay 26, 2018 4:51 PM
Aug 26, 2018 12:19 PM

Nov 2015
I enoyed this anime so much. Tokuchi is the kind of charachter I really like…100% badass but he did not develop that much, would have been cool to see some backstories. I loved the opening. Overall, this was my first experience with a sportanime and I found it fantastic, 9/10
Dec 13, 2018 5:31 AM

Jan 2018
Overall a great anime,I really,really wish that Tokuchi had some characters development,that'd be even better
Feb 26, 2019 7:39 PM
Feb 2019
ah can't wait for the new season. When will it be released?
Mar 3, 2019 5:49 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Very good show overall, Tokuchi is such an awesome character and this show has a so great OST
Apr 17, 2019 1:37 PM

Feb 2018
I really wish they could've a bit deeper with some of these characters. Like give them a proper backstory, motivations, etc. Because I just love Tokuchi so much as the lead and all the crazy mind games, so I wish I could say this was a great show. It's still good, like an 8 or 8.5, just not quite GREAT.
*Mourning the disappointment of The Promised Neverland season 2.*
May 16, 2019 12:01 AM

Oct 2015
Still one of the most entertaining shows I've ever watched. It feels even better the second time around. 10/10
May 18, 2019 2:44 PM

May 2019
This anime was pretty awesome, the twists and turns kept me entertained.
This episode, or rather the ending of the whole show felt rushed.
I'm glad that Tokuchi kept his bet with Kojima, as I was starting to think that Tokuchi was a sociopath.
Then again maybe he is.
Overall, super fun to watch.
May 20, 2019 11:11 PM

Mar 2012
This show was awesome, too bad it never got a sequel
May 22, 2019 12:21 AM

May 2016
Beside Toguchi screen time I can't think of any good points of this show. 6/10
Jun 10, 2019 12:25 AM
Oct 2015
noteDhero said:
I thought it was a pretty bad ending. The show ended up not being about the contract (we didn't see it through to the end) and not about Tokuchi's debt to what's his name (didn't see it through to the end). So therefore, the show was only about the obvious fact that Tokuchi is a bad ass.

I liked this show more than I thought I would in the beginning, but the show quickly stuck to a forumla and never veered off of it. Moreover, in the pas few episodes, the show just devolved into bad reaction gags and turning the owner into about as comical and desperate a villain as Snively Whiplash.

But at least it was better than Kaiji.
5/10.
the show is about strategy and clever ones at that, he is a man who cannot lose cause he is that smart the formula is similar to any sports manga so I don't understand the complaint, the only difference is the psychological complexity it has and plans.

Kaiji is a masterpiece by the way.
Jun 10, 2019 12:26 AM
Oct 2015
Raizel said:
the show was about tokuchi and the stuff with him and how he wins in incredible, if you're not into strategy based anime I understand but what it did with it is amazing from a creative standpoint
Jun 10, 2019 12:27 AM
Oct 2015
Mr_Shnb said:
This show started off great then it just became boring and repetitive and full of asspulls.

I swear Baseball is the most boring sport in existence.

3/10
none of them were asspull all of theme we're foreshadowed and planned out
Jun 10, 2019 12:28 AM
Oct 2015
axel360 said:
I really wish they could've a bit deeper with some of these characters. Like give them a proper backstory, motivations, etc. Because I just love Tokuchi so much as the lead and all the crazy mind games, so I wish I could say this was a great show. It's still good, like an 8 or 8.5, just not quite GREAT.
yeah the show doesn't focus on characters it's more about plotting.
Jun 10, 2019 12:31 AM
Oct 2015
Harlequina said:
A very enjoyable show with awesome music. That said, I'm not a huge fan of Tokuchi or his constant pokerface/smirk. I enjoyed his character the most in this final arc... can you guess why? Because he wasn't 100% in control the whole time during it. I fucking hated that about the earlier arcs. It at least took a bit of time for him to figure some things out in this last one.

And this is why Kaiji is still superior (both the show and the protag).
he is the character archetype that basically a borderline psychopath not to mention an egomaniac, for him to not be in control would feel out of character, if you think about he's like Johan able to meticulously read people.
Jun 10, 2019 12:33 AM
Oct 2015
ernst said:
I was hoping something on Baby Steps level. This is so unrealistic but not on the level of shit Kurokos and Diamond no Ace, and the so called pros are so unprofessional and idiots. MC always guess correctly even though in real life it should not go that way, making him a boring predictable invincible mc. But gotta admit the fights are good if you stop thinking about it.
in real life it wouldn't go that way but tokuchi is not exactly a realistic character hes able to read people because of his nihilistic personality. And the interesting stuff is about how he gets out of it, not if he will.
Jun 10, 2019 4:35 AM

May 2016
umpiral56788 said:
Raizel said:
the show was about tokuchi and the stuff with him and how he wins in incredible, if you're not into strategy based anime I understand but what it did with it is amazing from a creative standpoint
Listen here a show is not just about one person getting all the greatness it will be really lame to put the highlight on one person even if the show is mainly about the mc, and the reason I gave this show 6/10 was because the famous guy batter got some role to fill in as well as for the catcher and the music.
Jun 10, 2019 4:49 AM
Oct 2015
Raizel said:
umpiral56788 said:
Listen here a show is not just about one person getting all the greatness it will be really lame to put the highlight on one person even if the show is mainly about the mc, and the reason I gave this show 6/10 was because the famous guy batter got some role to fill in as well as for the catcher and the music.
listen here a show can be about anything even just one person getting all the glory, as long as it is well executed,imaginative and aware of what it's doing. It is what the story is about after all. And on all those fronts the plotting rivals that of most shows, it is a disservice to not credit that much creativity and depth in psychological exploration in regards to it's plot. It may not be to your taste but that doesn't mean it's average or without merit.

There are two kinds of stories character driven and plot driven this story is heavily plot driven, with it's lacking in characters it more than makes up for it with it's incredible and well structured plot.

Ask yourself which is harder to write a character Drama that adheres to archetypes that have repeated and varied time and time again. Or a strategic plot with layers of psychological depth from something you wouldn't expect.
Jun 22, 2019 6:53 PM

Jun 2010
I loved this show. It was quite fun to watch. 10/10
Nov 6, 2019 8:40 PM

Sep 2018
I knew it!!!! I'm just waiting for the cheating get reveal, Tokuchi is too kind to let it pass and only make him kneel.

End already :( this anime deserve a sequel!!!!
I will read the manga instead!
Nov 20, 2019 12:07 AM
Aug 2017
Goddamn masterminding
Mar 30, 2020 2:50 PM

May 2013
7/10

Not bad for an old anime. The beginning eps were amazing and ep 24 with the bat throwing was prolly the most entertaining. Overall, p good. In its time, I can see this series having good highlight.

Love Toua. Like I said though, Kojima faded into the background which is unfortunate, as he's the man who gave Toua his first loss and he is the celeb batter. I expected more screentime or major parts from him :/ Also, although Toua did struggle a bit with the cheaters, he remains OP all throughout the series. I would have liked to see more growth in him, whether it's learning new pro pitching skills or something.

Oh well. Good overall.
May 2, 2020 12:49 PM

May 2016
Silly BlueMars~ This is Japanese Baseball so you should all take your theatrics to professional football where you'd probably fit in just fine lmao

I was pretty much like Chief, cheering on Toua with his all on while being perplexed by seeing the Owner laugh for some unknown reason when things are going smoothly. They almost did him dirty and put a big dark spot in his career but as usual, he's always a few steps ahead!

It would've been awesome to see a continuation of this with Toua leading the Lycaons to the Championships since it's just the beginning but it was really fun anyway.

May 5, 2020 1:29 AM

Apr 2016
This one truly is a good series. The first two episodes were pretty bad and boring, so right after watching them I was never expecting that I'll like this series so much at the end. The main character was very good and his fight with the president was hilarious. It's sad there isn't a sequel.
Jun 6, 2020 6:14 PM

Mar 2019
That sandpaper trap didn't work of course
Too bad it ends teasing a sequel that never existed
It was absolutely great, Toua is one of the best masterminds I've ever seen, 9.5/10
Jul 28, 2020 12:30 PM

Jun 2016
Amazing series 8/10 Owner was a piece of shit.
Nov 8, 2020 8:12 AM

Aug 2018
Damn, this anime was amazing!
I love how Toua told Ideguchi to put the sandpaper in the other guy's pocket so that he would be framed instead of Toua.

Nov 10, 2020 12:30 AM
Apr 2016
While I have a massive complaint with this show (Tokuchi's teammates being dumbed-down for the sake of highlighting his regardless-smart & impressive wits), I'm still giving it a very high rating because the tricks are just... incredible! Tokuchi is genuinely a smart & interesting character, and he shows it to us through actions unlike most quasi-smart characters in other anime. Unfortunately most characters in this show are even more impressed by him, to the point that their reactions to him are just unrealistic — I suppose exaggeration is a good way to express just how astute he is?

I saw some people call this show "pseudo-intellectual," but expectedly, none of them give examples to corroborate their own claims. Some others call every character but Tokuchi — just like I did — dumbed-down, but in my opinion, that exclusively applies to his teammates rather than every other character — I'll justify those cases by saying that they, Tokuchi's opponents, were just unprepared for him (I'd also like to make the assumption that the manga displays us duals that would briskly implode those claims).
Dec 27, 2020 6:48 AM
Feb 2019
got no regret at all, it was worthy, i hope they'll make something like this again because nowdays psychological anime mostly are action
Sep 2, 2021 4:26 AM

Jul 2016
Sad that there's no 2nd season. Tokuchi is such a great MC.
Feb 12, 2022 9:58 PM

Mar 2021
Wow, what an ending. I thought there was no way in hell Tokuchi would get out of it, but the solution ended up being so typical of him.

Feb 12, 2022 10:06 PM

Dec 2021
MeanMrMusician said:
Wow, what an ending. I thought there was no way in hell Tokuchi would get out of it, but the solution ended up being so typical of him.

if you have time , and enjoy the story ,, check out the manga

I discovered One Outs a few months ago .. the manga wraps up the story quite nicely ,, and features some Grade A Touchi Mind Traps
Feb 24, 2022 1:05 AM

Jan 2021
Finally finished it, and its really a great series, i can't believed i didn't start this sooner..

the ending is so satisfying, but not gonna lie I kinda wish, he revealed their cheating..

it's also kinda weird how this anime didn't get a 2nd season when its successful

Touchi probably one of the best anime mc all time, and also probably one of the most smart
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» Season 2?

kush_void - Mar 13, 2022

6 by IndienRock »»
Mar 31, 9:48 PM

Poll: » One Outs Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

zq - Mar 9, 2009

52 by TRC_Randy »»
Feb 4, 8:04 AM

Poll: » One Outs Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Bakayaro - Nov 6, 2008

96 by TRC_Randy »»
Jan 26, 1:29 AM

Poll: » One Outs Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

datsunvic - Dec 25, 2008

70 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Dec 4, 2023 2:43 PM

Poll: » One Outs Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Torisunanohokori - Dec 16, 2008

59 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Dec 4, 2023 1:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.