Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 2, 2009 8:36 AM

Apr 2008
I like Luffy so much because he's always cheerful and full of energy. His laughs are AWESOME, if he laughs I just gotta laught too :p He's HILARIOUS, obviously , and really cool and strong and always comes up for his friends when they are in need of his help.

So what about you guys :) ? Why do YOU like Luffy so much?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 2, 2009 8:59 AM

Nov 2008
I like him in the account to her Nakamas and is dream is so big tha is why I like im
he has a big heart *.*
We take a break a little. Have a good dream. ♥
Apr 2, 2009 10:08 AM

Oct 2008
I like him because he doesn't let anything get in his way when it comes to him nakama or his family.
If I'm crying at your funeral, then I'm laughing too hard. If you're crying at my funeral, then you're dead.
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listens to real music, copy and paste this into your signature....
If Abercrombie & Fitch said it wasn't cool to breathe anymore, the majority of the teenage population would die. If you are the other 2% laughing your asses off, copy and paste this into your signature...
Apr 2, 2009 10:11 AM

Jan 2009
at first i liked luffy for 2 main reasons: 1) coz he reminded me of goku from dragonball soooo much and 2) he has a personality that u cant help but love. but after a while his sense of justice, level of stupidity and overall presence with other characters like ussop and chopper just made ya love his character alot.
Apr 2, 2009 10:41 AM

Jun 2008
he's a real idiot and strong and funny and kind and and and...
Apr 2, 2009 2:50 PM

Feb 2009
I think Luffy's character cannot be hated.

He has compassion for his friends
Extremely eccentric humor
Very sociable
And can become a complete badass

He's just one of those characters you have to love.
Apr 2, 2009 2:51 PM

Apr 2008
Aeikai said:

Very sociable

Couldn't agree more! :D
Apr 2, 2009 3:07 PM

Nov 2008
He is friend of annyone.
He is funny
He is powerfull
Remenber myself(like many character of OP)
etc...etc...
Apr 2, 2009 5:03 PM

Aug 2007
He's ambitious but realistic. He wants to be the pirate king but knows very well how death and fighting are necessary and probable. He knows the risks and is willing to bet his life.

He doesn't complain or whine or think everyone can get a long or you can get by without killing people or sacrificing lives.

He makes decisions quickly and stands firm and resolute rather than flip flopping. If I was to relate OP to football, he's the type of guy who cuts straight up the middle.

He's really simple but unlike a lot of characters, I think that's more of a strength than a weakness.
Apr 3, 2009 11:44 PM
May 2008
um... what everyone else said ^_^ seriously, there is no way you can hate the guy in any aspect imo therefore I like him for everything :D
Apr 4, 2009 6:12 AM
Oct 2008
it me recall these ancient completely brought forward figures it is able of everything with idiot's air, but dices that it is necessary to fight it is a different figure warlike one ultimate. He dreams and " he kick ass " I love
Apr 6, 2009 4:24 AM
Dec 2008
I like him because he is a very stupid and funny. But he's very strong.
Apr 6, 2009 1:04 PM

Jan 2009
I like luffy because he is epicly stupid yet clever when its about food =]
[img=http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090504200049/onepiece/images/thumb/0/02/11supernovae.jpg/500px-11supernovae.jpg]
Apr 9, 2009 6:43 AM
Nov 2008
Luffy is very funny most of the time but at some point when he get serious he is very cool
Apr 9, 2009 1:49 PM

Mar 2009
His personality
and cause he's also a caring
& he's so cute xDDD
Apr 11, 2009 6:19 AM
May 2008
Also because he doesn't like to brag.
Apr 12, 2009 6:25 AM

Nov 2008
Because he truly know what the really dream is.
Where were you, when everything was falling apart?
Apr 14, 2009 12:26 AM

Dec 2008
When I first watched OP, I thought: ok, main character is typical shonen protagonist, strong as hell but little stupid and he has a sad past. Nothing abnormal.

Now, two years later, I am officially OP freak, and I love all Strawhats more or less. My favorites are "the monsters" aka Luffy, Zoro and Sanji.

Luffy is wonderful character and he he essential character: without him there wouldn't be Strawhats. And his stupidity, his dumbness goes beyond my imagination, it makes me laugh even in the middle of fight, when Luffy taunts his enemies (Luffy&Arlong: What's the difference between us?).
Ok, ok, Luffy isn't so stupid, maybe simple and straightforward is better way to say it. However, his manners makes my day, when usually running gags only bores me in a normal anime.

And then there is the other side of Luffy: protective, strong, angry Luffy. His face really changes when he is seriously angry about something. And then I cheer, 'cos we will see some amazing fights very very soon. :D

When Luffy fights, of course he uses his Devil Fruit ability, but compared to other series, he doesn't use any inner demon who helps him when he is in pinch. He has only his own power and his willpower, if he loses, he doesn't change into superhyper bad alter ego, who saves the day. There is series like that, you know what I mean. If Luffy loses, he will die.

I think Luffy's diversity is the reason why I love him. He is a very vivid character. And his relations to the Strawhats varies too. Luffy and Usopp's friendship, Luffy and Zoro's trust etc. They all are his friends and nakama, but there is always a unique connection between them and captain.
Apr 19, 2009 3:35 AM

Mar 2008
At first I liked Luffy just because he was funny but in the Arlong Arc I was truly impressed by his serious side! Luffy isn't just a goofy clown, he is a pirate with great determination. I admire his easy-going life style and the fact he can value even the smallest things. He also cares about his crew and other friends. Luffy carries hidden wisdom inside of himself even though he doesn't show it often ;)
Apr 28, 2009 5:24 AM

Nov 2007
Jeeppu said:
At first I liked Luffy just because he was funny but in the Arlong Arc I was truly impressed by his serious side! Luffy isn't just a goofy clown, he is a pirate with great determination. I admire his easy-going life style and the fact he can value even the smallest things. He also cares about his crew and other friends. Luffy carries hidden wisdom inside of himself even though he doesn't show it often ;)

I totally agree. I like the way he sees the world, it's so simple, yet very effective as he reaches every goal he has in mind. He just knows the map to happiness and cares about his friends the most.
And that hidden wisdom Jeeppu mentioned, that is the main reason I love him. I love characters that seem very dumb but when they show their true face , the enemy doesn't even know what hit him and is very impressed.
As someone here sad: you gotta love him!
Jul 1, 2009 2:32 PM

Oct 2007
Aeikai said:

Very sociable

ALL of this + He's a complete moron..making him someone who does NOT know when to give up or run for it...making him unbeatable and hilarious!!
Aug 9, 2009 1:36 PM

Apr 2007
He's kind of stupid but he's funny :p

Aug 13, 2009 8:11 AM

Nov 2008
spirit :hero:
Aug 14, 2009 3:56 AM

Jul 2009
One line makes it for me.

"All I gotta do is kick his ass right?"

^-^
Aug 16, 2009 7:02 AM

Nov 2008
He is just so honest, with himself and everyone else.
I love honest people more than anything.
Just wish i could be like that myself one day v.v
Aug 23, 2009 8:04 PM

Jun 2008
He's a great example of what a hero is. Knows what is bad and what needs to be done. He shows optimism (a must), courage (also a must), and determination (another must). That's all there is too it.
Oct 22, 2009 3:15 AM

Mar 2009
stupid but strong, funny, never gives up and is just AWESOME
Oct 28, 2009 6:03 AM

Nov 2008
He's just awesome...
Nov 27, 2009 6:34 PM

Oct 2008
I love the fact he lacks inteligence yet always tries and never gives up. He is also epically funny and just pure awesomeness!
Nov 27, 2009 7:45 PM

Oct 2008
because the way he eats is funny and the way he looks when on water (he can't bare it)
Nov 28, 2009 7:44 AM

Apr 2009
For everything ^^ For "Sugeeeeeeee~!", "Miku! Miku! Miku!" and especially for his serious side of personality ;]
Dec 3, 2009 1:54 PM

Aug 2008
sspatel_55 said:
Aeikai said:

Very sociable

ALL of this + He's a complete moron..making him someone who does NOT know when to give up or run for it...making him unbeatable and hilarious!!

I specially like his moronic side!!!
KARMEN-SAN
Dec 5, 2009 9:36 AM
Nov 2009
Henna said:
When I first watched OP, I thought: ok, main character is typical shonen protagonist, strong as hell but little stupid and he has a sad past. Nothing abnormal.

Now, two years later, I am officially OP freak, and I love all Strawhats more or less. My favorites are "the monsters" aka Luffy, Zoro and Sanji.

Luffy is wonderful character and he he essential character: without him there wouldn't be Strawhats. And his stupidity, his dumbness goes beyond my imagination, it makes me laugh even in the middle of fight, when Luffy taunts his enemies (Luffy&Arlong: What's the difference between us?).
Ok, ok, Luffy isn't so stupid, maybe simple and straightforward is better way to say it. However, his manners makes my day, when usually running gags only bores me in a normal anime.

And then there is the other side of Luffy: protective, strong, angry Luffy. His face really changes when he is seriously angry about something. And then I cheer, 'cos we will see some amazing fights very very soon. :D

When Luffy fights, of course he uses his Devil Fruit ability, but compared to other series, he doesn't use any inner demon who helps him when he is in pinch. He has only his own power and his willpower, if he loses, he doesn't change into superhyper bad alter ego, who saves the day. There is series like that, you know what I mean. If Luffy loses, he will die.

I think Luffy's diversity is the reason why I love him. He is a very vivid character. And his relations to the Strawhats varies too. Luffy and Usopp's friendship, Luffy and Zoro's trust etc. They all are his friends and nakama, but there is always a unique connection between them and captain.

Exactly. I couldn't have said it better. I have to agree with Henna on every point. Luffy's truly amazing.
Dec 10, 2009 1:30 AM
Jul 2018
Luffy is soo cool~!
He may act goofy and stuff, but I like how he is devoted to his nakamas~!
Jan 23, 2010 6:31 AM

Nov 2009
Because he got everything i like about a main character
Feb 13, 2010 1:34 AM

Nov 2008
I like him because he is Luffy!

XD

Feb 25, 2010 9:00 PM

Jul 2009
he is so funny and stupid,but he know when to be serious ,and he is so strong and he give everything that he can when he is fighting,and he love his friends,and he is cute too ^^
Mar 11, 2010 4:05 PM

Jul 2009
aw how could anyone not love Luffy ^^. He's always been my favorite character :D

He's adorable:

He's caring/sweet

He's cool

He's funny

And he can make friends with anybody and everybody just seems to love him:
AbsenceOfFaithMar 11, 2010 4:15 PM
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Edgar Allen Poe

----

Mar 13, 2010 4:49 AM

Jul 2008
I believe, Henna described most of the reasons.

What I would like to mention here is that Luffy is probably the first character in the world.
I mean, come on, let`s check it out. Which anime are the most popular? One Piece, Naruto, Bleach. Naruto is less matured, he inspires too, but he`s harder to handle, he has more complicated system and attached to specific village. He has borders, he will never forgive his real enemies. Luffy is more open to the world. While watching his actions, you believe that...you don`t have to be anyone else. Not just "practice makes it perfect", but you`re good as you are. Naruto still makes you want to be more like him...
Bleach. Well, Ichigo. Personally me, I think he`s less than two previous characters. Bleach is great as a whole, as new world and system. But main hero, even though he is more bishonen-like than Naruto and Luffy, doesn`t seem better in any other ways to me.
By the way, Fairy Tail, which reminds One Piece a lot, won`t win against it too. Because Natsu tends to be more stupid and less... Just less.

Sorry, if I hurt someone`s feelings by writing this, but it`s just my opinion. I love all these anime myself. It`s just that Luffy is perfect for me. I believe that it`s hard to show every aspect of someone`s soul in 30-50 series or less, so I don`t look through all these charming characters, parts of which you can imagine for yourself as you like. It`s really tempting. ) But so open and yet so good... Luffy is the one, who is for all.
May 3, 2010 1:19 PM
May 2010
I like luffy because he always ' put sothers before himself . he's kind , selfless and brave , and he never lets anything discourage his dream , That and He's so innocent and cute. You can never be annoyed with him and when things get to heavy he always makes you laugh.
May 12, 2010 12:44 PM
Nov 2009
When I first started One Piece, I wasn't too excited about it. I thought it looked stupid and was for little kids and I thought Luffy looked retarded and not how a lead character should look. The moment Luffy burst out of that barrel in episode 1 and looked at those other pirates and said "who the hell are you" I loved him.

Luffy is so immature and laughs about everything, but when he needs to be he's insanely strong and driven. He's such a good person and will do anything for his nakama, that's what makes Luffy the best!

May 12, 2010 12:45 PM
Nov 2009
Ryankdon said:
One line makes it for me.

"All I gotta do is kick his ass right?"

^-^
This too ^^

May 17, 2010 8:47 PM

Mar 2010
Luffy is super strong in battles and never quits.
Jun 1, 2010 8:06 AM

Feb 2010
He is a very entertaining guy! I also admire his easy going lifestyle and happiness.
He is also fearless, its awesome.
Aug 23, 2010 3:53 AM

Jul 2010
tphrjnes said:
When I first started One Piece, I wasn't too excited about it. I thought it looked stupid and was for little kids and I thought Luffy looked retarded and not how a lead character should look. The moment Luffy burst out of that barrel in episode 1 and looked at those other pirates and said "who the hell are you" I loved him.

Luffy is so immature and laughs about everything, but when he needs to be he's insanely strong and driven. He's such a good person and will do anything for his nakama, that's what makes Luffy the best!

+2000.
Aug 23, 2010 9:59 AM

Aug 2009
It's impossible not to love someone that leaves such a impression, he's kind, easygoing, funny,etc, and if someone mess with his friends or family, we see a complete diferent luffy that is so cool and so decided in what to do that i always can't help but smile while seeing it.
Aug 23, 2010 2:58 PM

Jul 2010
I think.

Around this time I gained more than a liking to luffy's character.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oowwf-fmj1o

He just turned from one of the top 10 contenders to the top 3. Plain awesome.
Aug 31, 2010 7:20 PM

Jul 2010
He`s hilarious and Caring
Sep 21, 2010 6:37 PM

Nov 2009
I think he has the most wonderful personality ever! :D

He makes me feel so incredibly happy when he smiles, it makes me smile too, and he's so utterly hilarious he has me in peels of laughter. But when Luffy's sad, I'm sad too. Something that strikes me is that he cries many times during the manga/anime, it reduces me to tears as well because it's so heartbreaking when a wonderful, happy, outgoing guy like him is crying in anguish.

Maybe the main reason I love him is his kindness, and his happy smile, and ability to be awed by the simplest things, and to have a resolute mind that cannot be swayed, and he has that sense of justice. But the list could go on and on, without stopping. He has so many beautiful qualities.

In short, he's everything I'm not, or wish to be. I see him as a kind of idol.
some day I will be a NINJA >.<
Oct 10, 2010 8:20 PM

May 2009
he is just awesome!

he is easy-going, kind, hilarious, enjoys life, friendly, full of energy, fearless, courageous, determined...
more importantly, he sees more in people (he did with each of his crew), he will do anything to protect his nakama, he believes in them, knows what is right, does things his own way, doesn't care what others think, doesn't give up, understands well important things life death, is smart when he needs to be, goes straight to the point, etc.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Favorite Attack of Luffy?? ( 1 2 )

Straw-Hat-Matt - Apr 2, 2009

63 by removed-user »»
Aug 29, 2020 2:59 AM

» [Closed] Get your Luffy ID card! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Khristina - Apr 21, 2009

893 by kirito_saiyan »»
Jul 1, 2015 1:06 PM

Poll: » Would you ever want to see Luffy in a relationship?

hiruma55 - Apr 8, 2011

18 by kaitonic »»
Aug 6, 2014 5:13 AM

» What's Luffy's most badass moment?

hiruma55 - Apr 8, 2011

14 by Bishonenking88 »»
Jul 22, 2014 3:53 AM

» Most funniest Luffy moment

scatter- - Jan 28, 2013

3 by Bishonenking88 »»
Jul 22, 2014 3:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.