Forum Settings
Forums
Persona 3
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 22, 2014 3:10 PM

Nov 2007
For someone that doesn't know Persona I actually thought this was pretty cool, and the animation was just great *__*
May 22, 2014 4:49 PM

Oct 2009
I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS!

Real talk though, great movie, great adaptation. Less confusing than Persona 4 as an adaptation, so I hope non-Persona players can enjoy this as well. Time to replay Persona 3 FES until part 2 comes out!
AuroraeMay 22, 2014 4:53 PM
May 22, 2014 7:24 PM

Jan 2011
hella good adapation early stuff of PS3 weren't all that eventful in the first place as far as i could remember so they did good with it

the fact that they stood faithful to the game even better than 4,ost weren't oddly placed,and the animation was solid through out the whole thing leads me to give it a 8/10

also not being completely familiar with the jpn VA it was funny that both the mc and Phaors are voiced by Ishida Akira
katsu044May 22, 2014 7:28 PM
May 22, 2014 10:03 PM

Jun 2012
After Persona 4: The Animation, I was expecting this adaption to suck. But it really surpassed my expectations! The animation and music was great... still not as good as playing the actual game, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

I'm happy that they decided to split it up into multiple films. Can't wait for Aigis to make her appearance...
君と僕の間によこたわる空
May 23, 2014 2:25 AM

Apr 2014
The animation was good. I don't why but the fight scenes felt really underwhelming.
8/10
May 23, 2014 2:51 AM

Sep 2008
As expected, it's a huge improvement over P4: The Animation. The animation was beautiful, and I couldn't help but smile every time I heard a familiar tune.

I can't say I'm very satisfied with Makoto's personality though. I get that he's supposed to be a bit aloof, but I didn't imagine he would be that unsociable. On another note, I felt that the music during the Thanatos scene was a bit out of place.

Nonetheless, like I had mentioned before, the movie was great overall. I would've preferred FeMC myself, but since that's never going to happen, this will suffice. 7-8/10 for me. I'll probably watch it again if they ever release a dub.

I'll be looking forward to #2, specifically for Operation Babe Hunt.
May 23, 2014 3:40 AM

Jul 2013
Just got into Persona with this movie and I can say I was really pleased with it, being an introductional movie and all. Was going to check out P4 too but I heard P4G which is literally the same with some addition is coming so will be watching that instead ^^

EDIT: also props to Ishida Akira for voicing both Makoto and Pharos, that guy's a great seiyuu :D
EasyGo-erMay 23, 2014 3:43 AM

May 23, 2014 4:23 AM

Jun 2011
Hello, can people also watch this movie without any knowledge about the Persona universe?
May 23, 2014 5:11 AM
May 2011
You can, it explains some stuff right at the start. It's a pretty faithful adaptation to the game. Persona 3 was my first persona game I played.
May 23, 2014 5:14 AM

Jun 2012
yay! movie 1? when movie 2 out?
May 23, 2014 8:21 AM
Jul 2018
Finally got around to watching it. I was pleasantly surprised that everything looked better than I expected it to. Pretty satisfied, although now I'm more anxious than ever for the remaining movies. Looking forward to seeing Strega and all that. Hoping they somehow have a little more development than they did in the game.

Also I loved Minato's Makoto's dry sense of humor.

Yukari: Does she have any weaknesses at all?
Makoto: Fire, probably.

^ Nice shout-out to fans of the game lol
May 23, 2014 11:58 AM

Oct 2013
Really amazing film, even though I played the game.
I cried just like in the game in the scene of Fuuka and Moriyama embracing each other, and I appreciated all the rest.
The only thing I don't like it so much is Makoto, too emo for me in this first part, but still so damn cool, lol.

I can't wait for the next!
May 23, 2014 12:22 PM

Oct 2009
HueHang said:
Hello, can people also watch this movie without any knowledge about the Persona universe?
Yeah, and I do believe that's what this movie is for. :)
May 23, 2014 4:54 PM

Dec 2009
Kat said:
I would've preferred FeMC myself, but since that's never going to happen, this will suffice.

Never say never. I still have hopes that Atlus will acknowledge Hamuko someday.

Besides, she has appeared on that live stage of Persona 3.

Talking about that, how different would have been the movie with Hamuko instead of Makoto?
May 23, 2014 4:57 PM

May 2013
it was pretty good specially the art work and even the soundtrack for the movie was amazing! Way better than the anime adaption i think they should have just made movies like their doing now instead of wasted money and time off of the anime... but yeah it was amazing :)
Be It 10 or 1000 Men, The End Result Will Be The Same..
May 23, 2014 9:43 PM

Sep 2007
Hah, they actually did P3 justice and more. It's hilarious how anti-social Minato was at the beginning, him lacking all of his social skills and all. Gotta level dat shit up slowly.

I like the extra bit they added between Yukari and Minato as well. It added so much more depth to both their characters, and to Fuuka and Natsuki's as well.

And muddafuckin Aigis at the end! And the start of Death S. Link!

Also a good idea to have Minato and Pharos voiced by the same guy...
WasabiMay 23, 2014 9:48 PM
May 24, 2014 3:10 AM

Nov 2011
I like how the MC doesn't give fuck when the moon turn yellow and everyone turn into coffins, he just continue walking like its normal.

May 24, 2014 2:51 PM

Sep 2012
4kicks said:
I was pleasantly surprised to see Makoto's personality in his character done well. He's normally a blank slate in the games, and explaining his silent nature by making him merely a sleepy and hungry guy in the manga to a comedic level.
But by giving him some back story; no friends due to constant transferring of schools, and flashbacks of his dead parents whenever death is mentioned...could explain why he's cold, silent, and apathetic at first, not really caring for anyone else until he finds friends to warm up to, whose hands he learns to trusts and put his life in.

Wasabi said:

I like the extra bit they added between Yukari and Minato as well. It added so much more depth to both their characters, and to Fuuka and Natsuki's as well.

I liked these changes in the movie too, as well as Makoto and Fuuka interacting earlier. It will give the ending of the final movie a much greater impact after seeing Makoto's character fully developed.

shagek1 said:
yay! movie 1? when movie 2 out?

Part 2 comes out in theaters in Japan on June 7, 2014. The DVD probably won't be out for another 5 or so months after that, if we followed part 1's pattern.
LuxeonMay 25, 2014 3:13 PM
May 25, 2014 8:35 AM
Dec 2012
I really like this movie , they make makoto to be quite apathetic which is fine by me considering it fit him, persona 3 tone is indeed more grim than persona 4, and damn it would be way better if this is to be a25 episode serie , since i really like person 4 animation(even if they modify it from the game alot ) i skill prefer the nice joke and light atmosphere) the movie some time lead me to quite a boredom with alot of time skip ... it's a movie after all. Yuu is more badass than Makoto that;s for sure. the epilogue is the best , best girl in comming , I would laugh so hard if an emotionless Makoto fell on his knee and go dere dere lovy dovy toward Aegis praising her metallic breast, titanium alloy curve waist and compact carbon fine leg. I know Makoto that you care for aegis . too bad 0 interaction with Elizabeth T-T as much as i like Mizuru , Elizabeth(dat voice) and Aegis = GG
May 25, 2014 12:51 PM

Feb 2008
The protagonist ruined it for me. I can't stand him.
May 25, 2014 5:48 PM

May 2014
WHO WOULD HATE THIS MOVIE?

This is probably the most beautiful anime i've ever seen, fighting scenes are great, the shock/stress or watever you call it when they shot the gun was given significance, the remastered music that were used perfectly matched the scenes, and the way they edited and arrange the scenes to fit for a movie was PERFECT 10/10 for me, great adaptation

P3M >>>>>> P4A/upcoming P4GA, sorry have to say it dont hate me pls pls

BUuuuurrRn mah DreeeAAAddDD! My body is ready for the second film, I can't wait to see Aigis in action and her no ending "de arimasu" <--- from Undub P3FES
MiChocoFudgeMay 25, 2014 5:57 PM
quit jacking off on your waifu, you disgusting weaboo
May 25, 2014 5:48 PM

Sep 2008
Linkark07 said:
Kat said:
I would've preferred FeMC myself, but since that's never going to happen, this will suffice.

Talking about that, how different would have been the movie with Hamuko instead of Makoto?

It would surely have to go through some major changes to fit with Hamuko/Minako's personality.

In Makoto's case, a major part of the story seems focus on his development from a ridiculously apathetic loner to someone who actually cares about things, particularly his bonds with others. With Hamuko though, she's already pretty sociable, so there wouldn't be as much room to grow as Makoto. Perhaps then, they would focus more on the rest of SEES, considering she's able to have a social link with all of them?

I suppose since they are making a Persona 4 Golden anime, a P3P anime wouldn't be completely out of the question. Even if they did want to do it, they wouldn't attempt it while the movies are still airing. By the time the movies are finished, I imagine the profitability of another Persona 3 anime would've fallen quite a bit.
May 25, 2014 5:51 PM

May 2014
Veronin said:
The protagonist ruined it for me. I can't stand him.

You'll love him,

i guarantee it
May 25, 2014 5:55 PM

May 2014
Kat said:
Linkark07 said:
Kat said:

It would surely have to go through some major changes to fit with Hamuko/Minako's personality.

In Makoto's case, a major part of the story seems focus on his development from a ridiculously apathetic loner to someone who actually cares about things, particularly his bonds with others. With Hamuko though, she's already pretty sociable, so there wouldn't be as much room to grow as Makoto. Perhaps then, they would focus more on the rest of SEES, considering she's able to have a social link with all of them?

I suppose since they are making a Persona 4 Golden anime, a P3P anime wouldn't be completely out of the question. Even if they did want to do it, they wouldn't attempt it while the movies are still airing. By the time the movies are finished, I imagine the profitability of another Persona 3 anime would've fallen quite a bit.

right, probably if they run out of money, they'll make P3P a cashcow too, hopefully not
May 26, 2014 3:49 AM

Jun 2007
I found it boring. Didn't like how they turned a silent JRPG lead into an uncaring, unfeeling suicidal psycho. And the lack of social links / downtime left the entire cast bland. Removing small things like the "DON'T... LOOK... UP!" part removed what made the cast likable in the game. Seeing the calender fly through months just served to highlight that it was rushed. The battles were lame, as well. Especially the last one, along with the Fuuka bullying yawndom--it seemed to go on FOREVER. Was just glad when it was over.

I liked that the game's soundtrack was re-used. That was a nostalgic plus. But movies will do no justice to such a lengthy JRPG. At least P4's anime had the time to try to cover the social links and not just jump from point to point.

Also: Miniskirt-chan's facial art and, to a lesser extent, Mitsuru's bugged me. Have heard people describe similar issues when watching the P4 anime but, I don't know... they just looked OFF.
May 26, 2014 7:59 AM

Jun 2010
For something revolving so much around fighting they were incredibly dull fights. It was like watching a toddler play with action figures. Probably ended up only getting through all of it because of the animation. Character development was rather sparse across the board.
May 26, 2014 12:14 PM
Jun 2013
Loving it. The production quality is great, as expected from a movie. I suggest for players of the game not to compare too much with the game because some stuff just won't work in the movie. For example every time there is a time skip I keep on thinking how in the game I can spend those days building social links or grinding in Tartarus. But in the movie those stuff would feel very repetitive. So when I keep the game experience out of my mind, I can enjoy the movie much more.
May 26, 2014 12:20 PM

May 2014
It was really good.
i liked how sometimes there was the choices parts like that one in the beggining where him says ''nice to meet you'' and even at the same time looks at Yukari's gun meaning the two choices.
nice thing there was akihiko saying ''I've been waiting for this!''
and
we would have waited more if we could have watched last year xD
May 27, 2014 1:10 AM

Dec 2012
Omg I have been waiting for this for so long, that OST, the memories omg. To be honest I didn't care if the movie was going to be bad, I just really wanted to hear the music. But the movie was pretty good (:
May 27, 2014 9:20 AM

Dec 2009
Kat said:

Even though Hamuko is my favorite Persona MC, doing an anime based on P3P with her as the protagonist instead of Makoto would make me raise an eyebrow.

Some OVAs would be ok though.
May 28, 2014 5:13 PM

Mar 2012
This > All Persona 4 stuff

:')

Perfect Movie
May 29, 2014 6:43 PM
Apr 2014
Sooo much better than the Persona 4 Animation, I mean it literally trumps it in every way. As for Makoto he was perfectly portrayed to the point where he'll easily be developed throughout the movies. As for social links not being present was the right thing to do as it would bog down the movies and the visuals look great.
May 30, 2014 4:01 AM

Jul 2013
Mamiko Noto as Fuuka is just HHHNNNGGGGHHHHH

The OSTs are fucking fantastic! Well it was fantastic in the game too and listening it here is both nostalgic and epic..

9/10
May 30, 2014 9:46 AM

Jul 2011
Just perfect! This is way better than the tv series.

Make me want to play persona 3 again.

9/10
May 30, 2014 1:51 PM

Nov 2010
I probably would have enjoyed it more if the game was played
It's cool if the story here followed the game
Though I don't mind a sinister setting, pulling the trigger on your head with a gun shaped item just doesn't right even if it's a way to summon a Persona

Most of the scenes were plain and boring to me and the personalities of Yuuki and Junpei aren't likeable
The highlights were Atlus trademark summons of Jack Frost and Megumi and the introductions of the cast for maybe a way better sequel
May 30, 2014 4:01 PM

Sep 2013
The film was alright. Now I'm compelled to purchase the game and burn my dread.
Jun 1, 2014 6:38 AM
Jul 2018
I loved the game but the movie was average at best,iny my opinion.
Jun 2, 2014 9:28 AM

Feb 2013
Aigis looked so cool in the end
Jun 6, 2014 3:58 AM

Jan 2010
Wow, I'm impressed at this movie adaptation! Not the best but it actually did the game justice at some degree. :) You have no idea how much I jumped when I heard Burn My Dread! Shoji Meguro is awesome.

I actually really like Fuuka in the movie than in the game so far, haha. Although, I was a bit disappointed to see that the social links outside of SEES were not tackled that much yet. But I guess that is logical, considering it is a good introduction for the story. I hope to see more in part 2 hehe. I also really like the changes they made and Yuki's character development. I wasn't actually sure how they would handle his personality, but they did it pretty well, still a bit off-putting though. Beautiful graphics, too.

I can't wait for the next movie! I'm glad it's coming out this year, as well, especially after seeing Aigis at the end. ^^

Will most likely change this soon. || PNCH || PPFC || Anime Familia || EHC
Jun 6, 2014 5:29 PM

Apr 2012
Damn this was my first time hearing the original voices for Persona 3 and I'm not really feeling Mitsuru or Junpei at all. Oddly enough I felt the fight scenes were just dull feeling when they went around one-hitting everything except for the bosses. I mean I understand why they did it but just made the movie feel boring at times. 7/10 for me.
Jun 7, 2014 2:36 AM

Oct 2013
The movie is amazing . Poor fuuka : and I can't wait to see aigis in part 2.
Jun 7, 2014 4:35 AM

Dec 2010
If they animate until the FES arc, this adaptation would be a masterpiece since it will explain a lot what happened after and during the latter parts of "The End" which falls around January
Jun 7, 2014 3:27 PM

Feb 2013
I thought they did a great job with this movie, I would have loved to see more of the conversations with the other characters, that's part of why I loved the game so much, just SO much background story for everyone, but I think that would have thrown off the pacing of the movie. Can't wait for more :)
Jun 10, 2014 1:19 PM

Apr 2011
It had a rather bad case of rushing things, which left the character development field null mostly. Either that or they decided to focus their entire development area on Fuuka. And due to the rushing, the story also felt lackluster. Yuki was also a bit too stoic, which made his random bursts of emotion feel odd and disconnected. 7.5/10 tops, for me.
Jun 11, 2014 9:21 AM

Mar 2012
A pretty decent adaptation of the game so far. I myself always preferred the female protagonist in p3p she was a much more likable character, but I will take what I can get. Also they made the right decision and split it up into 3 films .
Jun 26, 2014 1:30 PM

Oct 2013
Superb movie adaptation if i do say so myself. And man i like the art and animation soo much, hope the next movies will be even better.

(P.S Big fan of the persona games) :)
Jun 26, 2014 11:12 PM

Jan 2008
That was simply a amazing watch. Loved all the references and nostalgia I got from it. Lol'd when they said that Mitsuru had no weakness and Yuki says she's weak to fire. So much lulz.

A few minor things they didn't animated but it's fine.

Surprised they decided to give Yuki character growth too, seeing as how in the game there wasn't really any as you decide what you want to do but seeing they turn him from someone just doing what he's told to someone who's trying to save friends was nice.

Can't really tell what route he's going with the girls since it's been too long since I've played. Anyways, can't wait for the next movie, might just go replay the game.
Jul 1, 2014 4:01 PM

Mar 2012
Really enjoyed the movie, too bad we gotta wait a long time for the rest of the movies. Seeing the fighting was pretty cool, especially watching them fight those regular shadows when they first entered Tartarus. The boss shadow fights were alright but it just didn't feel good as when you fought them in the game xD Also, as much as I love how they brought back the game's OST it felt a bit off during some scenes. Besides that and some changes they made here and there it was a good watch, looking forward to the rest of the movies :)
Jul 3, 2014 6:44 AM
Jan 2010
I never did get any friends, or god forbid, girls, by being an autist. I was clearly born in the wrong world.
As for the movie, very nice use of colors.
Jul 6, 2014 2:25 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

I am not a fan and I know virtually nothing about Persona 3, as the beginning looks good despite flaws, primarily the story and characters a little hasty introduced.
Graphics and excellent technique, plot quite enjoyable for me.
Curious to see the other two films.
Final score of 8/10!
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » YOUR ideal MC pairing

SophiafrmAustria - Oct 23, 2013

23 by inebriated »»
Feb 27, 2:06 AM

» Would someone who hasn't played P3 like these?

PyonPyonPierrot - Aug 21, 2020

7 by ishowhatred »»
Feb 10, 2022 12:05 AM

» Should this be watched first in Persona genre?

Tarable - Apr 14, 2018

2 by removed-user »»
Apr 14, 2019 11:53 AM

» Little Help Please

AccountDeleted12 - Oct 15, 2015

3 by ExplodingGirl »»
Apr 10, 2017 12:22 AM

» Persona anime order to watch

luisdwt - Mar 5, 2017

3 by Brandon »»
Mar 6, 2017 3:00 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.