Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Black Butler
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
May 11, 2009 5:40 AM

Dec 2007
Shurtugal said:
Hey in sebastian's real form, was that heels he was wearing???

Yup. ^_^ Boots with high heels. : D
May 21, 2009 12:01 AM

Apr 2009
I think this is probably one of my favorite endings of all time. It's so perfectly bitter-sweet.

"Carve the pain of my life into my soul."

I mean...damn.
May 21, 2009 10:23 PM

Jul 2007
Couldn't have been any bettere. Just a awsome story line, and with the demon and angel fighting. Too bad we didn't get to see Sabastian's true form
May 24, 2009 4:56 PM

Nov 2007
8/10

i couldn´t care less about Sebastian´s true form...i wanted to see how he will take Ciel´s soul...D:
May 25, 2009 10:45 AM

Mar 2009
So terribly bitter-sweet! *A*
I'm not sure if I hate or love this ending... >__<;; (probably love)
My friend some-what spoiled it for me by calling up on the phone saying "I FINISHED KUROSHITSUJI *SNIIIIFF* ;__;". Great, thanks.
I feel so empty inside now... that's how I usually feel when I've watched/read something that changed me. UGH SO SATISFYING ;w;

Sebastian ate Ciel. That... made me squeal a little. >w<;;;
May 25, 2009 3:12 PM

May 2009
hmm, i enjoyed it....i really want to see his true form!
but maybe it's best they didn't show it, lest they not portray it the right way and it ends up not looking right....(love the boots)
May 26, 2009 12:05 AM

Aug 2008
Great Anime

8/10
May 26, 2009 1:37 PM

Nov 2008
Just finished it about an half hour ago.
I don't know what to rate it..
May 27, 2009 4:40 PM

Feb 2009
patient_senses said:
I thought that this was a pretty good way to end the series. I'm glad they killed Ciel because it just would have been disappointing if he and his butler lived happily ever after. They wrapped up who killed Ciel's parents. I was starting to think the writers forgot about that since it hasn't been mentioned.

I kind of wanted to see Sebastian's true form, but I didn't think they'd show it. I suppose they just want you to imagine it, but I'm curious as to how evil he truly looked. I wished they would have said what happened to the other servants as well.

The series overall, wasn't too bad. It felt pretty boring and pointless at times, but all the different aspects made it interesting.

yeah I agree with you here, I gave this show a 7/10
May 31, 2009 12:33 AM

Aug 2007
They only shown Sebastian's Boots and eyes T___T
I wanna see how he looks (ToT)
May 31, 2009 2:00 AM

Apr 2009
I GOTTA SEE SEBASTIAN'S TRUE FORM!!!

My interest has been piqued, so hopefully there will be another season with Sebastian with another master (hopefully one not as annoying as Ciel) and he meets an opponent so strong that he has no choice but to reveal his true for in front of everyone.

Jun 1, 2009 6:48 PM

Oct 2007
I'd agree with the mixed feelings the ending / this series. I'm not quite sure what to rate it.

It seems like the story had a lot of potential, but the series never quite did it for me. From what you all are saying, it appears I should read the manga to get a better depiction of Kuroshitsuji at its high point. :)

The end, unforetunately, did make me sigh. Mostly because of how yaoi they made the ending. I enjoyed how they previously displayed Sebastian: with his feminine qualities contrasting his dark nature. His character was shifted pretty much to the feminine side toward the end, which I thought contradicted how they previously displayed his character.
Jun 5, 2009 9:43 PM

Mar 2009
i love it >< !
sebastian is really loyal to his young master until the end right?

though it's impossible, i want ciel is still alive and sebastian isn't eat ciel's soul
Jun 6, 2009 7:11 AM

Mar 2008
I'm so sad about the ending. I was a great ending, but I voted that I hated it, because I have mixed feelings. It's just plain sad. I'm sure Sebastian cared deeply for Ciel, but in the end he had to take his soul and devour it, and Ciel wanted it to hurty, and *Sobs*

I need to read the manga, now! *Totally depressed*
Jun 6, 2009 7:49 PM

Jan 2008
Finally I have gotten to see it. This series I started quite some time ago and I am just now finally finishing it. Yeah I know what u want to ask "why so long" well that is simple because I could never find time or be left alone long enough to watch it.

Well now on to my thoughts about The series now that i have finished it.

Okay I do have to say it was really good I can't say I am going to make it a 10/10 but 9/10 is still good.

While I was watching Episode 23 I was thinking Yeah I am going to be disappointed in this series well at least at the ending. But I know that I was wrong I enjoyed the ending I was kinda hoping that they would leave some room for a second season but they really didn't they can in a way make another one
(like How Liz was left alone she could make the same deal as Ciel so she can end up being with him.) but that is what I was thinking on that.....

I REALLY WANTED TO SEE WHAT SEBASTIEN'S TRUE FORM WHY.....THAT ISN'T FAIR it kind of reminded me of Trinity Blood at that moment. But just reminded we actually got to see Abel's true Form Yayayayay. But not Sebastien's though....

Well I think I have covered my thought's on both the end as well as some other points so this is were I say

Ja Mata
Jun 7, 2009 1:48 PM
Jun 2009
I loved the whole series, and I loved this. I don't get how anyone can complain about the fact that it went in a completely different direction to the manga.
I felt really sad at the end, which is one of the best anime endings I've ever seen, but whilst bringing the series to an end, it made it feel ike there was more to it. It just made want to sooo get another series. *Hopes that Ciel isn't dead..* I want to see Sebbeies real form :3!
Jun 9, 2009 12:28 AM

Jun 2008
Unfreakinbelievable... I haven't seen an awesome ending like that in awhile. So much carnage... It was lovely.

Also, I'm glad that Grell got the chainsaw back
Jun 9, 2009 7:05 AM

Mar 2009
EPIC ENDING!!

He sold his soul to a Demon afteral so it was quite normal that he died at the end..... it would have sucked if he didn't.
Jun 9, 2009 12:50 PM
Jun 2009
WOW!!! Awesome ending. Even though I only got to see Sebastian's real form's smexy boots, it's fine. It keeps me curious about the "real" him. Gives me something to ponder, hehe. Great fight scene, nonetheless, Ash/Angela is crazy. haha!

Although we all know that Ciel is supposed to die in the end, it still made me cry. T.T
But i guess he was happy to be devoured by his loyal butler, right?
BTW, how exactly will Sebastian eat his soul? With the way he was bending over (pun intended, hehe), it kinda looks like he's going to eat Ciel like a cannibal. Kinda not fitting for his image (for me). But still i love Sebastian, he's the hottest and awesomest demon butler ever!!!

Although I'm quite disappointed that Ciel's past was not explored thoroughly. Still, i give this anime a 9/10. a must-watch, definitely.
michelle17Jun 9, 2009 12:55 PM
Jun 10, 2009 8:05 AM
Nov 2008
It was obvious that this ending was rushed. It wasn't clearly explained why the reapers decided to help. And there was still much more to know about Ciel's (and everyone's) past.

However, Ciel's journey to death couldn't have been more perfect. We all knew he was going to die but the way it was presented was beautiful.

As much as I'm as curious as everybody else here, I think it's best they didn't show Sebastian's true form, since we all might get disappointed if he's not as scary and awesome as they described him to be. I was already disappointed with the high heeled boots he was wearing! lol
Jun 13, 2009 12:04 AM

Jan 2009
Traveller said:
EPIC ENDING!!

He sold his soul to a Demon afteral so it was quite normal that he died at the end..... it would have sucked if he didn't.

I agree, this was pretty much expected for the ending unless they would plan for a sequel of the same story which I doubted.
Jun 19, 2009 5:42 PM

May 2007
sugarplumfairy said:
This is solely my opinion. But, from 10/10 at the start to 6/10 at the end, one word to overall describe this anime: FLOP.
Had HUGE potential, but never seemed to fill it. Instead, got fillers, poor development of story & characters and a poor ending = boring (for me at least)
=.=

Pretty much agree with this. The beginning of this series held so much promise, but right in the middle, the series decided to lose its identity and not really concentrate on the good stuff it had going for it. I'm curious as to what exactly the second season will encompass. My guess is that Sebastian will be back, but maybe we'll see a new main character who makes a contract with him, since Ciel is dead.

Regardless, a 6/10 in my book for this series.
Jun 26, 2009 1:18 AM

Oct 2008
I want to see Sebastian's true form!
That was a good ending, though. There's been a second season announced, right? So perhaps Ciel isn't Sebby food yet?

Jul 2, 2009 1:46 PM

Mar 2008
;w; Satisfying ending was satisfying. That was the most beautiful way to watch a person die. . . Ciel that is. (Even though we didn't see him get eaten. . .)

Jul 3, 2009 1:45 PM
Nov 2008
I thought that overall this anime was pretty good. The ending was a good one but it was predictable. -.-
BUT, considering that there's a second season...maybe things will get even more interesting... hmm..
I wonder how the second season's gonna be like? Is it going to be of Seb and another contractee? Eeeeeeeee!! can't wait!! X3

I still want to know Seb's original form... ^^'
Jul 8, 2009 5:37 AM
Jun 2009
awwww ciel dead...
theres gonna be a second season but about what =O? Ciel is dead
so are the servants (i thought seeing them lie dead on the streets)

sigh sigh i hate endings...
Jul 10, 2009 8:49 PM

Aug 2008
wolfsrainXD said:
Makes me wonder how come he didn't grow another arm, I mean he's a demon and all... Is that angel's sword sacred enough to prevent him from restoring his arm? Aww..
I was wondering the same :o

Elainna said:
Wah, I'm sort of lost right now. Like it's over now... what to watch next?

But I liked this episode. Sad that it's over.
Dunno even what I'm saying anymore. XD
I agree ;_;

loveholic18 said:
When Sebastian's getting closer to Ciel I think I saw fangs.
I'd give it an 8/10. I demand a sequel. It'll be interesting where Sebastian will lead to from that point on.
Thissss!!!

Mmm this show had a great potential. Too bad they left the end in the best part, I wanted to know what came next and what was Sebastian's true form u_u

The show left too many questions unanswered =/ Why Ciel's parents were killed, what was going on with that crazy angel, etc.

Oh, and of course needed more Sebastian fanservice xD Too much of Ciel, imo.

Anyways, loved the ending, the animation was so fluid... I loved that. Really heart-breaking.

8/10.

I want a 2nd season! So they're going make one?! That's so cool, I can't wait :D
Since his arm was cut off (the arm that has the symbol for their contract) the contract may be invalid? I want to know what's going to be about >_<

Jul 17, 2009 10:36 AM
Jul 2009
I finished watching Kuroshitsuji last night and I ABSOBLOODILUTELY loved it. I particularly loved Sebastian but then again who didn't? lol. In my opinion, this anime epitomizes the fact that noone is purely evil or bad. Everyone has there days when they can show kindness. In Sebastian's case, he kind of grew fond of Ciel even if he is the embodiment of all things evil. I do have a question though. What exactly happened to Ciel? According to what he said, he wanted to get revenge on the people who humiliated him. What does this mean?
Jul 17, 2009 2:42 PM

Jun 2009
Why do you think Ciel got eaten! It will be the next season , ne!? ._. Well I'm sure Sebastian didin't took Ciel's soul. I hope so. Oh I can't wait for the second season. Then we will see how it is.

Okay.. End was awesome! I loved every part of it! I want to see Sebastian's true form too! And I love his eyes!

''Before the young master, no matter when it is, I'm just one hell of a butler.''
''Even if your throne crumbles and your shiny crown turns to rust. Even if the bodies pile up endlessly. Above the bottomless piles of corpses beside you as you lay softly down I will be, until I hear the words, check mate'' Sebastian Michaelis.
Jul 23, 2009 7:56 AM

Apr 2009
Whooa. That series irritated me sometimes (stupid filler arcs are stupid), but that was a damn good ending.
Ashela's axe-crazy face made me think of Higurashi xD And I wanted to see Sebastian's true form... Why the high-heels? o.O
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Jul 31, 2009 10:07 AM

Mar 2008
Brilliant. 99/10. Was hoping to see Sebastian's true form though.
XizelJul 31, 2009 10:17 AM
Aug 6, 2009 7:57 PM

Jul 2008
ahhhhh why did Ciel have to die, and what is Sebastions true form. what is going to be in season two i wonder?
Aug 8, 2009 12:11 PM

Jul 2009
I'm not really disappointed that Ciel died. And I won't miss him, if he doesn't appear in second season.
Too bad they didn't show Sebastian's true form. Though he for sure would be as sexy (or more xD) as he is in human form. ^^

One of the best Ends I've ever seen. Love this anime, despite many defects.

My master pieces xP : http://qiubi.deviantart.com/

Aug 12, 2009 12:41 PM

Jan 2009
one hell of a butler, one hell of an ending.
but it was satisfying, indeed; if Sebastian hadn't eaten Ciel *yaoi fangirl screams at remembering the final scene* or he had somehow turned up to still be alive, i would have officially categorized this anime as the worse i've ever seen >_<
as for the series overall...
vindemon64 said:
sugarplumfairy said:
This is solely my opinion. But, from 10/10 at the start to 6/10 at the end, one word to overall describe this anime: FLOP.
Had HUGE potential, but never seemed to fill it. Instead, got fillers, poor development of story & characters and a poor ending = boring (for me at least)
=.=

Pretty much agree with this. The beginning of this series held so much promise, but right in the middle, the series decided to lose its identity and not really concentrate on the good stuff it had going for it. I'm curious as to what exactly the second season will encompass. My guess is that Sebastian will be back, but maybe we'll see a new main character who makes a contract with him, since Ciel is dead.

Regardless, a 6/10 in my book for this series.

others have said it very well for me.

Aug 12, 2009 10:17 PM
Aug 2009
I thought this was an amazing anime series :D
It had everything. I'm yet to read the manga, so can't compare the two but everything on this anime was great. Characterisation, setting, the use of historic events and metaphoric representations used throughout. And everyone. Even though a second series is official. The ending was PERFECT. It was well... Perefect. It was closure without an end. Who know, seb could have just been leaning for a kiss?? No, I'm not a yaoi fan girl, nor am I a girl lol, not that I don't like yaoi... back on topic.... It wasn't definite that Ciel dies died or is dead. It was only suggesting. Brilliant ending :D Can't wait for second season :D
Aug 29, 2009 6:45 PM

Aug 2007
I wouldn't say it was epic, but that was a pretty awesome episode. Sebastian was so incredibly cool during that fight. Daisuke Ono is absolutely amazing. And it was super sad with Ciel dying, even if it was appropriate.

Although, this anime could have been much better without pointless fillers. I think people seem to forget that... If it'd had some actual character development, such as the relationship with Ciel and Sebastian, I think it would have been amazing, but it's kind of a poor adaption with a great ending.

8/10 regardless
Sep 22, 2009 1:04 AM

May 2009
i didn't think it would end so awesomely
really good and fitting ending ^^
Sep 22, 2009 1:54 AM

Apr 2009
They said that there will be a season 2..^^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 26, 2009 5:27 PM
Jul 2009
Good last episode. although kind of disappointing that we didn't get to see Sabastian's true demon form when he transformed x(
Oct 7, 2009 9:02 AM

Aug 2007
apparently Sebastian's real form has a goatee? o_O

Did anyone notice this? lmao.

Oct 10, 2009 7:31 PM
Aug 2008
vertrag said:

The thing that immediately came to mind when I saw this screencap was Lucifer, since he's often portrayed as having a goat head (look at the shape of the jaw/mouth). Haha, that just made Sebastian's "true form" creepier for me.
Oct 11, 2009 5:14 PM

Jun 2008
vertrag said:

No, all I can see is a pointy chin and blurred feathers. o.o

Oct 12, 2009 1:29 PM

Apr 2009
So confused.

...at least the yaoi fangirls get what they want.. :P ...
MAL Book Club join if you like reading

Oct 14, 2009 5:15 PM

Aug 2009
SWEET JIMINY THAT WAS EPIC! I even cried. I have never been so upset and yet pleased with an anime's ending...okay so one exception...but this ending was just as awesome too!

Saffy said:
So confused.

...at least the yaoi fangirls get what they want.. :P ...
DAMN STRAIGHT xD (verbal irony? lol)

I'm more confused as to how there's going to be a second season. Is it going to be an alternate retelling? Since it seems teh otaku are having issues with the shows difference from teh manga.

I'm a bandwagon whore

Ow. My Heart. <3
Oct 16, 2009 3:32 AM
Oct 2009
God....I hope Bard is not dead.
Oct 28, 2009 4:27 PM

Aug 2009
Ok so the screen is blurred cos of the tears so excuse spelling mistakes.

I have no idea what to think of this ending. The series is FANTASTIC. But the ending...so many things left unattended. And yet somehow...SATISFYING.
I bet Ciel's not dead. Well there's the second season coming in January hopefully. And I have no idea what they'll show in that either...only that I remember Ciel being in the main character's list (HOPE!).
What a dark dark anime...when Sebastian was being tortured I was almost convinced he'll never let Ciel die or kill him...guess he's a demon after all.
I'm just...WOW. Still caught up in all that. I guess i'll make a much clearer opinon of it after some time...at the moment i'm just...

9/10.
My judgement of anime is heavily based on endings.
If Ciel were still alive it would've been 10 but his death was too obvious. If it was a happy ending it would've ben 200/10, but I guess that wouldn't fit in witht he show. (I'm a sucker for happy endings)

ONe of the EXTREMELY rare anime that I watched with slow speed and full pleasure (took me around 3 weeks! and purposefully, i didn't want to rush it I loved it so much. I was saving the end for the weekend) and was happy with every minute of it.
One of the very few indeed which left a big impact on me.

Now...the wait for season 2 is killing me.
Oct 28, 2009 5:13 PM
Jan 2009
ilikeike said:
God....I hope Bard is not dead.

Bard is not dead... T.T
Nov 2, 2009 5:39 AM

Aug 2008
Really great episode!! Finally an end without an open ending. But, what's with the news for a second season? Will it be Sebastian with a new master?

I at least hope they'll show his true form there!!
Nov 2, 2009 11:24 AM
Jan 2009
His true form wasn't shown in the manga yet so I doubt it will be completely revealed in the anime.

There's a new season to be aired next year but not much information has been revealed as of now. As far as I know anyway.
Nov 14, 2009 2:06 AM

Mar 2009
Needs more Grell !!!

Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Bloodshot-Shanks - Jan 25, 2009

98 by Sun_Chan »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Favorite Servant?

RuuryMercury - Jun 24, 2015

4 by Sun_Chan »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Bloodshot-Shanks - Jan 17, 2009

85 by Sun_Chan »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Bloodshot-Shanks - Jan 9, 2009

70 by Sun_Chan »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Bloodshot-Shanks - Nov 23, 2008

115 by Sun_Chan »»
11 hours ago

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.