Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Baccano! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 14, 2010 10:43 PM

Aug 2010
Kinda lost for a bit but still a good episode.

Needs moar Firo.
Dec 17, 2010 2:30 PM
Jul 2010
cyruz said:
T-t-t-t-that wa-wa-was an aws-s-ome e-e-e-pisode. L-l-l-oved it-t.

Best post I ever read in this forums xD About one of the best anime I've watched so far.

Really, this episode was truly epic! All the action, everything that happened... But I'm confused about one thing: Dallas and the other guys shot the Gandors right? It seems like they were dead but we know they become immortal at some point so they can't be dead. That's just wired.

clannad4ever said:
awesome awesome :D...i wonder how Isaac and Miria became immortal though

Me too... There are so many things to be explained and only one episode to go.

clannad4ever said:
can't wait for the next episode,probably Ennis will attack Szilard finally :D,how could he make her a piece of trash,that a*hole,she has more feelings than he ever had...

Yeah, damn Szilard. I hate the guy.
Jan 6, 2011 5:15 AM

Jun 2009
Hands down!

Awesome episode ever! Kyaaahhh~! One more episode to go! Need to watch the OVA too! >.<
Jan 20, 2011 12:40 AM

Aug 2010
I don''t care where the story is going, i love this show
Feb 18, 2011 6:36 PM
Nov 2010
clannad4ever said:
awesome awesome :D...i wonder how Isaac and Miria became immortal though

can't wait for the next episode,probably Ennis will attack Szilard finally :D,how could he make her a piece of trash,that a*hole,she has more feelings than he ever had...

5/5

You forgot that they drank the potion of immortality when they stole it ?

Anyway, everything is perfect and awesome. 10/10. One of my favorites shows.
Mar 21, 2011 9:59 AM

Dec 2010
Fuck. Shit. So that's why Czeslaw mentioned his real name on the 2nd episode. That makes sense.
Mar 24, 2011 10:31 AM

May 2010
Wait. Are Isaac and Miria immortals as well? Yeah, they drank but was it the elixir they drank up?

Wasn't it that Czeslaw misunderstood his own blood that dripped on Isaac hands for Isaac's blood?

Edit: Oh yeah, Szilard found out that the box containing the elixirs we're empty so the presumption would be that they drank it.

Ladd X Lua. What a couple. lol

Jacuzzi, Vino, Nice and the duo got some awesome moments there. EPIC episode, BTW. :)

Now let's see how will things wrap up in the last ep.
StormViruzMar 24, 2011 11:06 AM
Apr 27, 2011 8:02 PM

Feb 2009
One of the most exciting episodes so far! Vito showing who's the boss was incredible, and Jacuzzi being Bad-ass, hell yeah!
Apr 27, 2011 11:53 PM

Oct 2010
Lots of things happening in this episode. Awesome. <3

cyruz said:
T-t-t-t-that wa-wa-was an aws-s-ome e-e-e-pisode. L-l-l-oved it-t.

LMAO.

Nice and love for bombs. <3 I love how she laughs after throwing one.

NEEDS MORE FIRO. /dying
[insert awesome signature here]
May 1, 2011 3:14 AM

Feb 2011
It's kind of wicked, but I can sense the strong love between Lua and Ladd.

This episode was just stunning.
May 19, 2011 12:01 PM

Jan 2010
My favourite episode hands down. You just knew that the show came to it's climax after Ladd saved Lua and that epic song came on. I actually find it really funny how just one episode of Baccano! can include more character development and action than most 13 episode animes ever get.
King_Moshi said:

THIS is why Ladd X Lua is my favourite couple in Baccano!
"I wish I could kill you now and forever" <3
Aug 19, 2011 2:30 PM

Feb 2010
awesome. so. awesome.

RT was win.
Oct 24, 2011 11:22 PM

Mar 2011
God-tier episode.
Oct 27, 2011 1:11 AM

Jan 2011
What a roller coaster, that episode seemed about three minutes long. Here's hoping Ennis can break free....
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Nov 5, 2011 7:34 PM

Jul 2010
Awesomeness! I'm so sad it's ending in 1 episode. I don't know how they're gonna properly end so many ongoing relations.. I still have the specials though :D.

Well, Ladd is basically gone, and idr Chane anymore xD She's on break.. haha

Jacuzzi is so sweet!
Hated it before, but these past few episodes for some reason changed my opinion of Ladd x Lua.. Ladd really loves her :3
Nov 6, 2011 4:00 AM

Apr 2009
I wanna see nice and jacuzzi fk. Twould be hot !

But yeah great series, love rail tracer and lad. And love the opening song!
Jan 5, 2012 7:51 AM

Jul 2009
Hiyorin17 said:
My favourite episode hands down. You just knew that the show came to it's climax after Ladd saved Lua and that epic song came on. I actually find it really funny how just one episode of Baccano! can include more character development and action than most 13 episode animes ever get.
King_Moshi said:

Those two are a key example of hardcore 'S&M' - I though Lua was a hostage at the begining. :o

Apr 10, 2012 4:40 PM

Apr 2011
know I know how Ladd lost his hand...

I don't think he wants to kill her. I recall him mentioning that she will be the last person. Which means till both of them grows old w/ kids.
Apr 13, 2012 1:51 AM

Mar 2008
This anime is crazy as hell :D And Isaak and Miria were just hilarious, when they were driving the car and "dancing" on the rope :D Love, love and simply love them!

But Czes is quite a b*tch, I hope he won't eat Isaaka and Miria ;[

One ep left ;-;
Apr 19, 2012 11:12 PM

Mar 2012
incredible! Lua and Ladd forever!
May 7, 2012 5:58 PM

Nov 2011
Rail Tracer is OP! I freaked out when he back flipped off that water tower to get the rope across, that was too intense. Apparently, hes only after the bad customers which makes him a protagonist??? LOL

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Aug 25, 2012 1:11 PM

Jan 2010
WOW ALL THE CHARACTERS ARE LITERALLY PERFECT??
I can understand why Czes devoured the guy, he was being abused for someone's amusement. I would've done the same.
I was starting to not like RT but he saved Isaac and Miria and after I screaming "I LOVE YOU." Isaac and Miria are perfect and I would cry if they weren't saved.
And Ladd is a good character, but I just didn't like him as much as the other characters, but he saved Lua and I think he's great now because he let RT go to save her, and he even lost his hand because of it. I think he wants Lua to only die by his hands because I think he probably can't bare seeing anyone else kill her, because he loves her??
Aug 25, 2012 1:13 PM

Jan 2010
Queen_Stars said:
Hiyorin17 said:
King_Moshi said:

Those two are a key example of hardcore 'S&M' - I though Lua was a hostage at the begining. :o
Aug 25, 2012 1:33 PM

Aug 2012
Faust721 said:
That was win. So much happening. Loved how RT saved Issac and Miria beacuse they were good customers. Need final episode.

Yeah didn't understand what that meant oO' "good customers" ..?

Anyway good episode again. 4/5

Oct 7, 2012 6:26 PM
Jul 2009
Geez that was a great episode. only one more left though. :/

Oct 13, 2012 10:33 AM
Jul 2012
Great episode. 5/5
Lol at Maria and Issac driving the car.
Ennis turned evil at the end?
This show is fantastic
Oct 28, 2012 7:23 PM

Jul 2012
Vino/Rail tracer is a beast crazy but a beast
Feb 2, 2013 7:12 AM

Feb 2011
I think Ennis is going to turn against the old man .
Mar 17, 2013 12:01 PM

Apr 2012
Things are starting to come together for me. Finally!
Jun 4, 2013 2:16 PM

Dec 2012
How can such a violent anime be so funny at the same time? One episode left :(
Aug 13, 2013 12:22 PM

Jul 2009
amazing episode!!!

Rachel has gotten alot of spotlight for this episode :)

poor Czes-kun getting tortured like that by fermet O___O

at least he's dead now.

love the Ladd vs Vino battle!!

it's a shame Chane was only standing there and did nothing :(

Ladd was so freaking pissed who couldn't beat this guy XD

Nice enjoying her bombs XD

lol she has a "cherry" bomb in her eye XD

Rail Tracer rescuing Isaac and Miria!!!

Jacuzzi vs the Flamethrower guy is amazing as well!!

Isaac and Miria are soo funny XD

very scary to see Ennis being dead and all O__O

aww last episode T__T
Aug 27, 2013 12:59 PM
Aug 2013
Awww I can't believe there is only one episode left. I've had so much fun watching this
Sep 17, 2013 7:54 PM

Apr 2013
Forgetfulness said:
That scene of Ladd jumping off and discovering the rope wasn't tied...Vino = master troll LOL

One episode left. I hope this wraps up everything nicely. This sure was one hell of a ride

There are still 3 "special" episodes left that sort of wrap things up.
an egomaniac and a fool

Sep 26, 2013 11:24 AM

Jun 2013
Might just be me but I find this series hard to watch.. Too many characters with too much vague information regarding everything..
Oct 2, 2013 4:03 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

We are less than one, and there are still many things are said, the plot is more intricate and narrative, the story is composed in such a way as to maintain this aura of mystery, everything is fabulous! * _ * Understand the personality of the characters as the intent is really an interesting game. Design, dialogues and animations to complete the picture! Eager to see the next episode.
Dec 5, 2013 6:54 PM

May 2013
Very good action packed episode. All of the story piece are coming together nicely.
Armageddon was yesterday, today we have a problem.
Dec 18, 2013 1:00 PM

Oct 2013
Oh boy, oh boy. This most definitely was the best episode action wise, and only one episode to go.
Dec 22, 2013 2:24 PM

Aug 2012
Rail Tracer was so awesome. Holy shit.

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Feb 10, 2014 6:50 AM

Jun 2012
wow Vino tricked Ladd good there and is really strong i wonder if there is anyone stronger then him in this anime.

Isaac is a immortal to it seems :O how about Miria then?? i guess we will find out soon enough.

can't believe there is only 1 episode of the anime left and 3 specials cause it feel like there is so much more to come and be explained.

i got a feeling Maiza let Firo drink that immortality poison but maybe Firo doesn't know it him self yet guess we will find out in the next episode or the specials.
"When a flat-chested loli hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart"
"--I am a single bullet. It has no heart. Therefore, it does not think. It just flies straight towards its target."
Mar 5, 2014 8:03 PM
Jul 2018
This episode was full of epic.
Isaac and Miria better not die tho
Mar 26, 2014 7:06 PM

Nov 2012
Wow,what an episode.Been awhile since I've seen one that's left me completely thoughtless & amazed.Perfect episode.

One episode left,hopefully it'll be this episode x10
Apr 1, 2014 2:33 PM
Jun 2013
So vino is a psyco too but at least he has some sort of morals.Im really curious about ladd and his relationship with his girl. I mean how the hell that happened.Nice to see jacuzzi keep being awesome and see nice O face was pretty funny.
Apr 2, 2014 3:00 AM
Mar 2014
Since the anime never covers it.....

Lua is a death seeker. She had an extremely hard life and wants to die, but doesn't want her death to be wasted on a mere suicide. After meeting Ladd by chance she realizes that he can give her eventual death purpose and ends up falling in love with him. She is DEEPLY protective of him, and after spotting the Rail tracer peeking in a window (who is actually VERY creeped out by the fact that she spots him and doesn't appear to care in the slightest) and realizing that Ladd would most likely die if they fought, she ran out to try and find and warn him (she's saved his life several times prior due to having a fairly keen intuition when something feels wrong or is too risky), which is how she ended up on the roof of the train. (it's a lot more complicated then all that, but it's a decent summary since the anime doesn't show a HUGE chunk of stuff that happened on the train).

Ladd's full back story isn't 100% covered (a few bits and pieces into his character are mentioned in earlier books, but absent in the anime) until book 17, where Who (the tall thug who was guarding Lua) gets his perspective of events, which also includes a deep look at Ladd's past, since the two of them have been friends since they were kids. Ladd was actually MUCH more normal (albeit still a ruthless gangster/hitman), until about 1924 when his fiance Laila gets killed in a drive-by attempt from a rival Mob family.

It breaks him completely and he ultimately decides it was her carelessness and obliviousness to her possibility of death that killed her and becomes obsessed with killing people who don't keep the possibility of death in mind at all times with the twisted sense of wanting to make them (or at least their families/by-standers) appreciate their lives more.

(Ladd will absolutely not kill anyone who has given up on living for any reason (going so far as to attempt to give anyone like that he meets a new reason for living, either by inviting them into his gang so they can find some new purpose (even if it's just killing for fun) or just protecting them from harm (as when he gave Fred (a combat medic who was on the train and doesn't appear in the anime) the key to his cabin on the Flying Pussyfoot who was just wandering around the train looking to see if he would die this time or not as a place to stay out of harms way), and generally dislikes killing people who are willing to risk their lives for something more important (but will kill them if they're in his way))

Ladd eventually falls in love with Lua after initially dismissing her due to immediately sensing her desire to die, once he realizes that she'll do ANYTHING to give her eventual death meaning, and as such by telling her straight out that she will die only at the time and place of his choosing and the huge spectacle he'll make of it, that she'll keep her death in mind and stay out of danger.

Ladd save her because deep down, he feels a deep regret that he couldn't save Laila and didn't want to go through the feeling of losing the love of his life a second time and was fully intending to die WITH her when the time came.

In a lot of ways, Ladd is actually a twisted and damaged mirror of Jacuzzi.
ZanathKariashiApr 2, 2014 3:11 AM
Apr 9, 2014 9:14 AM

Oct 2013
So it ended already?i'll give it 8/10 it was pretty good and entertaining.

May 6, 2014 11:57 PM

Apr 2014
That was simply amazing :O
The loose ends are really starting to come together
Agh the hotrod eye torture *.*
Road tracer decides to save Isaac and Miria because they were good costumers XD
The action's as intense as ever, love it!
10/10
Jul 3, 2014 3:50 AM

Oct 2013
issac and miria save the day for jacuzzi
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Jul 9, 2014 11:35 PM

Aug 2013
Killing bad guys while enjoying it...oh and saving customers too! I guess that's what they meant when they said Vino has a warped sense of justice.

Maybe I missed some info but I still don't get why Maiza's so weak against Szilard. The panacea grants immortality and when he devours people, he gains knowledge...do strength and skills also get devoured too?
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jul 15, 2014 7:18 AM
Mar 2014
Yes. Up to and including muscle memory.

Also the more times an immortal has been injured in a particular way, they recover from it faster. And Szilard has done a LOT of experiments on his own body to see just how unstoppable he could make himself (since vs another immortal, the first one to get disabled is gonna die...usually). He's basically the Geriatric Terminator.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Baccano! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Siing - Nov 24, 2007

400 by Randomega »»
Apr 27, 10:58 AM

» Should i watch?

Koalapanda1018 - Apr 11

4 by LoveYourEyes »»
Apr 12, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Baccano! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

BadSeafood - Oct 30, 2007

130 by Karva1 »»
Apr 4, 3:38 PM

Poll: » Baccano! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

cyruz - Oct 21, 2007

143 by llamav »»
Mar 18, 5:10 PM

Poll: » Baccano! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

accela - Oct 8, 2007

181 by llamav »»
Mar 18, 12:39 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.