Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (23) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Mar 26, 2009 4:26 PM

Nov 2008
devilish000 said:
I will miss Toradora, the past 25 or 26 weeks were so much fun. ;_;

This
http://www.youtube.com/swiftstylez - My AMV's. I would really appreciate any comments and ratings :]

Mar 26, 2009 4:36 PM

Aug 2007
I think Toradora will be one anime that I will really miss.

The animation was amazing. The style was amazing. The story was awesome.

And that kiss scene... Holy shit... Best kiss scene I've seen so far. The lighting made it seem very much like Silky Love. ;P

Now, I wonder if anything's gonna happen next? Or is it the end for Toradora?
Mar 26, 2009 4:43 PM
Jun 2007
just finished semi-marathoning this series over the past 3 days and I'm surprised at the quality of episode 11 onwards. I dropped this after 5 episodes since the show seemed bland, lacking any element that could separate it from other rom-com or any quality that would bring something new to the genre. well it didn't offer anything new at all, but it more than made up for this with the stellar character development starting from the Cultural Festival arc. good stuff. 7/10
Mar 26, 2009 5:00 PM

Feb 2008
That was a bit unexpected but beautiful.
Taiga's new Uniform looks good. 8D
I had a great time with this anime.

10/10
Mar 26, 2009 5:05 PM

Sep 2008
I gotta say this episode was extremely satisfying.

We saw some good character development, had our kiss and it ended on a romantic AND comedic note (see what I did there?), and we had all the loose ends tied up (except for Noto and Kihara, but I digress).

I'm gonna go see how the manga and light novel compares, but I must say, this has been a great and wonderful series, my favorite ever in fact. I will miss it, but I'm glad to have known it.
The esteemed General Cow
Mar 26, 2009 5:15 PM

Jun 2008
Right before it went to the credits, I thought the ending was "eh!" but afterwards it turned out to be a good ending.
Mar 26, 2009 5:19 PM

May 2008
Well, it had to end somehow...
A past can last a lifetime.
How to Read Manga! | AnimeBytes | iMangaScans
Mar 26, 2009 5:25 PM

Jul 2008
This will probably sound stupid, but why did Taiga leave in the first place? To think things over? To get her mom's approval? I don't get it. But, overall, best anime I've watched so far. Can't believe that there are so many Toradora! haters out there.
Mar 26, 2009 5:27 PM

Sep 2007
neeonX said:
This will probably sound stupid, but why did Taiga leave in the first place? To think things over? To get her mom's approval? I don't get it. But, overall, best anime I've watched so far. Can't believe that there are so many Toradora! haters out there.

I guess she just wanted to return home to reconcile with her mother and step-family and to explain the situation about Ryuuji.
Mar 26, 2009 5:32 PM
Feb 2009
Wow, they really wrapped things up really well, considering where the story was at ep 24. One of the best animes I've seen 10/10.
Mar 26, 2009 5:32 PM

Jul 2008
Wasabi said:
neeonX said:

I guess she just wanted to return home to reconcile with her mother and step-family and to explain the situation about Ryuuji.
Yeah, maybe.
Mar 26, 2009 5:33 PM

Nov 2008
Loved this serie so much definitly one of my fav series, so sad it ended.
Come on busnissmen, you allways give crappy anime a second season for the money so if you wanna make some real money give us more TORADORA
Mar 26, 2009 5:41 PM

Jan 2009
I loved this episode although I was hoping to see them get married..
Also, Taiga's new uniform looked really nice on her.
Overall, 10/10
I will miss watching this anime. >.<
Mar 26, 2009 5:43 PM

Sep 2008
Grr... It's the end T3T The kisses would have had me shierking out loud and all, but I couldn't do that, considering the fact that I have a cold right now XD

*is now off to go hunting for the novel and it's spin-offs*
Mar 26, 2009 6:11 PM

Jun 2007
Was a great ending for this series. I'm happy this episode was done so well. The last one was bad.

Here's the updated relationship chart.
Mar 26, 2009 6:16 PM

Jul 2007
One of those arrows has to be updated to "soon to be married".
Mar 26, 2009 6:24 PM

Mar 2008
NeeJaT said:
Loved this serie so much definitly one of my fav series, so sad it ended.
Come on busnissmen, you allways give crappy anime a second season for the money so if you wanna make some real money give us more TORADORA

nooo not a second season plzzz. It'll be full of fillers and go down the ZnT path! At most have an OVA, maybe about the lives of each of the main characters are doing post graduation ?
Mar 26, 2009 6:38 PM

Aug 2008
DeathfireD said:
Was a great ending for this series. I'm happy this episode was done so well. The last one was bad.

What about the president? Shouldn't that be a brown line since the Kitamura went all the way to America for her?
Mar 26, 2009 6:47 PM

Jan 2008
I had fun. There were a few rough moments in this series, But it was an overall good watch. Each week, I couldn't DL each epi any faster, a good indication that I was enjoying it!

After This epi ended, I replayed the kiss scene. Mou ichido, もう一度, once again. Really superb anime kiss scene.
Mar 26, 2009 6:51 PM

Mar 2008
just having rewatched the last episode, did anyone notice Tomiie Kouta and Kano Sakura in the background when Kitamura received that message from Taiga? Maybe it's a sign that JC Staff have intentions to animate the spin-off =]
Mar 26, 2009 6:55 PM

Feb 2008
Excellent episode!

This was one of the few series that kept me excited and always wanting more. Yes, it was predictable, but that didn't take away from the pure enjoyment I had watching this every week. This has to be one of my favorite series, ever.

Episode: 10/10. Series: 9/10

Now to get started on the novel...
Mar 26, 2009 7:02 PM

Feb 2008
I`d love a sequel to this awesome anime...:)
Mar 26, 2009 7:05 PM

Feb 2009
really great episode and great series.

Mar 26, 2009 7:08 PM

Oct 2007
Mar 26, 2009 7:12 PM

Sep 2008
i started loling at the cell phone scene. really soften the mood. the seriousness was beginning to be sufficating in a way.

ending was great and wasnt the standard of having the couple kiss at the end and live happily ever after, or something like that. so i like it.

now what will be the next crazed anime series next season.

Hinata020 said:
I`d love a sequel to this awesome anime...:)

a sequel would ruin it. besides, the series covered the entire light novels already to the end, nothing left to do a sequel on. maybe an OVA, but not a sequel.
Mar 26, 2009 7:24 PM
Jul 2008
That was a fantastic episode. <3 ~

Taiga was so adorable when she and Ryuuji were 'playing' wedding.

Although this episode was kind of confusing because of Taiga "running away/disappearing" or something like that, I still loved it, nonetheless.

Ahahah~ I loved Taiga at the end. :] But, I wasn't really... satisfied with the ending, for some reason.

Overall, Toradora! gets a 9/10 from me. :D
Mar 26, 2009 7:26 PM

Nov 2007
Compared to the last episode, this was sooooo much better. The last episode almost made me lose faith in this anime. The kiss was great. The ending was great. Taiga hiding in the locker like in the first episode was a nice touch :P
Mar 26, 2009 7:32 PM

Feb 2009
So much win in this episode and anime. 10/10 definitely. One of the best school romances of all time.
Mar 26, 2009 7:39 PM

Jun 2008
noteDhero said:
The ending was a little inconsequential. They pretty much pretended that most of episode 24 didn't happen (which makes me a little happy)...and then Taiga leaves. The moment with the cell phone was funny, but once again, Minori had to get my blood boiling by slapping Ryuuji for no reason. Fuck her.

I have it at a 7/10 for right now, but it probably deserves an 8 from me.

I pretty much agree with most all of this, though I ended up giving it an 8(though I do wish there were some fractions cuz I feel it may be more of a 7.5, but whatever). I think one of the factors that led to it being a 8 to me instead of a 7 was for the fact that I just overall enjoyed it. Even if I had some moments of wtf, rage, why and other confusion over the pacing and actions of characters, I did find the story and characters to be appealing over being annoying. I'm also in shock as to how well Kugimiya played Taiga. I felt this was one of her better roles as she actually got to me with her adorable voice. LOVED the kiss scene as well(though I HIGHLY doubt any notion that they "did the deed" ....it just doesn't fit with the characters especially as someone I know pointed out that Ryuuji certainly wouldn't considering his feelings about his mother and what happened to her)...it was pulled off as somewhat sensual, awkward and I could just FEEL the emotion behind it(unlike some kiss scenes in anime that feel rather "there" and flat). The fact that it wasn't ALL about the love was also appealing to me as Yasuko(who's probably my favorite in this series) shone in this episode and my heart went out for her, especially at her crying.

So, in the end, the ending gave me a nice sense of satisfaction. The ride was a bit bumpy, but so were other anime...and at least it didn't turn out to be one of those epic anime that ended badly. We got the kiss, we got a pairing(thank god for not getting a "no pairing end"), the characters were pretty much unique and enjoyable, a tsundere anime that ISN'T a million seasons long(crossed fingers), warm gush moments with a nice blend of comedy, and some random rage a la almost Higurashi moments. For what it was, it's kinda a 7, but adding to my enjoyment, it's an 8 in my book.

Now I'm off to read the novels. :)
Mar 26, 2009 7:44 PM

Feb 2009
When she left, I was raging so hard lol. But I knew she would come back and the ending was veryy cutee :)
Mar 26, 2009 8:20 PM

Sep 2008
the best anime of its own kind
im just too moved...i cant really belive it has ended, i have been waiting 24 weeks ,

Taiga has became my favorite tsundere , the ending was so nice... well i was a little sad about takasu waiting for taiga for a full year, meanwhile she became a legend in the school, OMg th kiss scene was so much more of what i expected
.black seifuku-MOE- they even taked the inside the locker scene from cap 2

this is one anime i will never forget...i`ll read the novels now
maybie...a second season?
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Mar 26, 2009 8:27 PM

Jul 2008
wow... just wow... what a great anime. I can't believe it's over now...
what will I do without Clannad or Toradora!!!!

Mar 26, 2009 8:31 PM

Nov 2007
at first the series wasn't so interesting at all, for me that is.
15+ it got totally better, was so glad I kept on watching this.
as for this episode, was very beautiful.
Was so sad when Taiga left and all
Kinda' suck, somewhat that at the end, she just re-appears, but none the less
Beautiful ending <3
Mar 26, 2009 8:32 PM

Dec 2008
Zero_r2 said:

maybie...a second season?

I hope they make a second season
Mar 26, 2009 8:46 PM
Jan 2008
I still can't believe I watched a show with major romance elements... and enjoyed it! A lot!

If you'll excuse me, I have some giant robots & chicks with guns to watch.
Or something.
Mar 26, 2009 8:50 PM

Feb 2009
aww i lost something to look forward to on Thursday nights after my hw.....Good ending though <(^.^)>
Mar 26, 2009 9:00 PM

Aug 2007
Even though it was a typical ending, it was still okay. I still hated that they gave up on the premise of Taiga and Ryuuji going for two other people and ended up with the cliche ending of the two main characters going for each other. I thought at least that would be different.

And a lot of different tie ups were loosely solved as well which pissed me off a bit. Ryuuji's character as a whole pissed me off way too much. But that's probably just me.

Overall I give it a 7/10. While it was fun while it lasted, it was still cliche and generic.
Mar 26, 2009 9:14 PM

Dec 2008
Well, I enjoyed myself. It was far better than I expected after the episode 24. At least they didn't get married... XD

It was one of the best romance based anime I've seen until now, totally worth the time!

PS: I just LOVED the kissing scene! Better than lots I've watched!

^^
Mar 26, 2009 9:19 PM
Oct 2007
There were a few highlights in this episode but the episode itself wasn't great or anything. I did enjoy it though. The ending became somewhat predictable although it did show magnificent character development and closure. Taiga and Ryuuji were meant for each other no doubt about that. They both found what they were missing, came to accept their faults, stopped running away and faced reality, and matured. It was beautiful enough just to see that growth.

Overall, the main highlights of the show for me was Taiga x Ryuuji and the friendship between Taiga x Amin x Minorin. It was sweet to see how well they came to understand each other by the end. I loved every single episode of Toradora except 24 and some of 25, so 9/10 I guess.
Mar 26, 2009 9:32 PM

Oct 2008
DeathfireD said:

Yesssssssss. I love how the arrows point to Ami and Minorin being "Just Friends (for Now)". An OVA should flesh that out more.
Mar 26, 2009 9:37 PM

Jan 2008
nice chart right there!
awesome episode
Mar 26, 2009 9:46 PM

Nov 2008
First half of Toradora: 8.0/10

Second half of Toradora: 6.5-7.0/10

The lighthearted elements were done really well, but the forced (and not-so-well done) drama of the last few episodes didn't sit right with me. Disappointing, but gets an 8.0 from me for the first few episodes and the eye-pleasing art style. Would have gotten a 7.5 if MAL let you give out scores in increments of 0.5.

Satisfying finish though.
Mar 26, 2009 9:53 PM

Dec 2007
Like most anime that I watch week-by-week, it's going to take getting used to now that it's gone. I really like the first half of this show more than the second but overall it was pretty good, 7/10.

Now time for the novels.

#NBHNC
Mar 26, 2009 10:12 PM
Aug 2008
Kyora said:
chibuki said:
Even in the first half, they demonstrate how it isn't some sappy shallow romantic comedy where you can predict what are the characters gonna do next in a given scene.

This. This is what I loved about Toradora in the beginning. I was glad to find a rom com where, for once, I was not able to predict every little thing that happened. The fact that the characters were deeper than your typical rom com characters, and played different roles really intrigued me. I just felt like they really lost it in the last few episodes, where I was able to pretty much call things right on again.

I'm impressed. I don't see how you could've predicted anything that happened...

"Let's get married!"
then
"Let's run away!"
then
"Let's not run away!"
then
"I'm going to run away without you!"
then
"I'm back, but not really!"

hah... -.-"

I could only stare in shock, wonder, and amazement...
Mar 26, 2009 10:21 PM

Jun 2008
Yeah, tell me about it. The ending was just...whoa. The episode before this was weird, but this one worked out really well. I think it's one of the best romance comedies I've seen. There were so many moments throughout the show that amazed me, either with its authentic characters or with its roll-on-the-floor-laughing comedy moments, or its bright atmosphere. Along the way, I was pretty skeptical about a lot of things, but they made it all work out. I feel that giving this a 9/10 is a bit generous, but 8 just seems way too low, so there it is. One of my favorite animes, with one of my favourite casts of characters ever.
Mar 26, 2009 10:28 PM

Jul 2008
Omg I Loved The Ending ;o ;
I Mostly Cried Thru The Whole Show T. T
Became One Of My Favorite Anime ^^
But Now I Need To Find Something Else To Do On My Thursday Night T. T
Mar 26, 2009 10:28 PM

Dec 2007
I loved the first half of this anime, but the second half went downhill especially how overemotional the characters were, but I still enjoyed this anime overall.

8/10
[color=#3399CC]All credit goes to Daika-san.
[/color]
Mar 26, 2009 10:35 PM

Jan 2008
so sad to see this over after watching it for half a year. it was cute how they ended it, especially the segment after the credits. all in all i give this an 8, maybe a 9, not quite sure yet. loved the beginning and middle, but the ending area was kind of lacking for me. either way, i'll miss it.
Mar 26, 2009 10:41 PM

Jul 2008
DeathfireD said:

lol i love how Kitamura picture just stands out XD
and at first when i started watching the show i thought ami was the president... lol good times
Mar 26, 2009 10:55 PM

Nov 2007
A great comeback for episode 24. I loved it. : D

Pages (23) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Best Toradora girl? (Repost)

JustSomeone15 - Yesterday

19 by Pepino_curt0 »»
Today, 4:16 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Davison - Oct 15, 2008

238 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 25, 6:56 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Davison - Oct 8, 2008

304 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 24, 7:39 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Hakkai - Oct 1, 2008

403 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 24, 7:27 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 19, 2008

256 by Pelpav »»
Apr 22, 2:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.