Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jun 6, 2022 9:25 AM

Dec 2010
I was feeling that there might be something wrong about people just ignoring rudely Fuko like that. I still want to believe that she will be alright one day, and hopefully not too far into the future. It would be pretty bad if she never gets to experience the days of her youth after all, even more so after she approached them with the decision to change herself.
Sep 12, 2022 4:37 AM

Feb 2022
ikiryou

Note from Reddit: "Its because she was in a coma, but she was able to hear her sister tell her she was getting married. Her will to congratulate her sister on her marriage was so strong she manifested that will as her consciousness in a physical form. That's why she had to disappear as soon as she completed that goal. Concepts like that are a favorite of Jun Maeda, the guy who wrote Clannad."

"There's this thing in folklore where a person who is unconscious or near death can separate from their spirit, which then goes off to haunt people or visit loved ones. It's called ikiryou"
"If a prediction is right, then it's like you only have one future. Like that future has been decided. But if it's wrong, then you have an almost infinite number of possibilities. And that means that even the tiniest twist of fate can change your future. I want to believe that I have choices - that the path I walk has many different turns, and many different roads to follow!"

- Fujibayashi Ryou
Oct 5, 2022 3:10 AM
Nov 2012
It brings back so much memories.
Apr 6, 2023 10:22 AM
May 2022
Loved the scene where the blonde guy is taken away by the fu-chan army.
Apr 27, 4:20 PM

Jan 2021
I'm disappointed that Tomoya didn't make any efforts to prove Fuuko's existence to Kouko, though I realize it might have been a bit difficult to balance while also remaining tactful, in light of the circumstances. At least we eventually got some indirect confirmation at the end of the episode that people who can't see her can still see the stars. So the implication seems to be that if the "real" Fuuko dies, then "dream" Fuuko is not only likely to disappear, but will also be forgotten by everyone she interacted with. That's a way more depressing fate than I previously considered, so here's hoping things don't go that dark.
It was nice to get a little Fuuko backstory this episode, and I loved the whole starfish vs. dango debate scene.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Clannad Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

radiantfire - Dec 21, 2007

203 by Extremo888 »»
May 11, 9:44 PM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nodoka-koi - Nov 29, 2007

447 by Extremo888 »»
May 10, 11:41 AM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Awesmoe - Mar 28, 2008

350 by Creepyy »»
May 8, 6:26 PM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KY791 - Mar 13, 2008

146 by Creepyy »»
May 8, 4:59 PM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Sobzob - Nov 2, 2007

153 by Extremo888 »»
May 8, 3:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.