Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Feb 23, 2014 9:44 PM

Jun 2012
....I'm guessing she broke out of jail again. Otherwise Michiko would have went straight to where Hana was, instead she decided to mail stuff from different location to set up a pathway for her to find.

Or maybe she didn't, this show was all over the place. Oh well I enjoyed it.
(>'_')>#
~Here's a waffle, please calm down...

"See that? She's cute and popular. You could say that her milkshakes bring all the boys to the yard. But YOU club President... your milkshakes are wasted on you. In other words, you're wasteful." ~D-Frag (Best.Reference.Ever.)
Mar 31, 2014 2:08 AM

Apr 2012
9/10

Loved the relationship between Michiko and Hana that developed during their adventure. I felt bad for Michiko since she risked everything to find a dead beat dad/ con man of a lover only to end up going back to jail lol. I guess Hiroshi is just the kind of man that doesn't give a fuck about anything and doesn't like to be tied down to anything, so there wasn't any complex motives behind his fleeing, which was okay but felt kind of anti-climatic. However, Michiko and Hana found each other in the end so I was satisfied. :) The animation, atmosphere, setting, and OST were very refreshing. I didn't mind the fillerish episodes at all even though some of them felt kind of directionless. I thought they were done very well.

Definitely an underrated show.
zzzeallyMar 31, 2014 2:20 AM

Apr 4, 2014 3:39 AM

Jun 2011
That was the best anime ending I've ever seen so far! Characters full of emotions, exceptional plot and at last an environment that does not remind you of Japan.
Michiko kinda reminds me of Ichigo from Kamikaze Girls. :P
Apr 17, 2014 9:54 PM

Sep 2013
aw come on hatchin could have been cuter! her old moppy hair </3
Apr 17, 2014 9:55 PM

Sep 2013
why the fuck did hiroshi give his newborn a tattoo anyway, wtf?? lol
May 3, 2014 7:15 PM

Mar 2009
I knew that Hirsoshi was a loser but it was good that Michiko and Hatchin finally met him. And after a while living out their own lives, Michiko and Hatchin reunited (hard to believe Michiko being a grandma!)
Definitely an unusual anime. Colorful, exotic, flowing animation, but I did get lost in some episodes. Worth a re-watch.
Jun 15, 2014 3:16 AM
Jul 2018
end sucked ass a baby wtf
Jun 19, 2014 11:08 PM

Apr 2012
fuck the dad uped n left again
Jun 23, 2014 4:09 PM

Nov 2012
Was not at all surprised at the outcome of the whole Hiroshi thing but it's good that Hatchin had the closure of meeting the guy rather than wondering what he was like forever.

Really liked the ending personally. Didn't take them reuniting at that exact moment literally since Michiko pretty much looked exactly the same and it would have been too perfect, but I'd like to think that they were reunited soon after. :)

Also surprised that everyone's complaining so much about Hatchin's hairstyle, kinda having trouble seeing her with longer hair myself...

I think I'll give this an 8/10 or maybe a low 9/10...some stuff could have been clearer and certain episodes were slow but I guess leaving things up to the viewer's interpretation is fine to some extent.
SleepyBearJun 23, 2014 4:16 PM
Nov 8, 2014 4:41 AM

Aug 2013
So Hiroshi was just a pathetic loser and coward who didn't know what he wanted in life. Ugh.

The baby surprised me. Hatchin said her daughter's wild. Well, they'll be living with Michiko so she's going to be Michiko 2.0 haha.

8/10
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Nov 16, 2014 8:22 PM

May 2012
7/10

THE GOOD:
-An action-packed anime in a really unique locale
-Great soundtrack
-Michiko is an unforgettable standout character
-Strong female characters
-Occasionally poetic

THE BAD:
-FILLER FILLER FILLER, too long and unfocused.

-Rita was really pointless.
-Old man assassin in episode 14?
-Memory loss trope in episode 15?
-When Shinsuke died, I feel like he broke too easily. This is a guy who enjoyed getting hit by a car.
-Inconsistent characterization. I really couldn't figure out how psycho Satoshi was supposed to be. Suddenly he became really likable before he died?
-Why did Hatchin agree to get in the plane with her father in the first place? She didn't like him at all.

-I JUST WANTED TO SEE MICHIKO AND HATCHIN UP CLOSE AND HAPPY IN THE LAST EPISODE THAT'S ALL I WANTED.

P.S. I liked Hatchin's hair, it suits her personality.
Nov 27, 2014 1:08 AM
Jul 2014
So I give the whole series a 9/10.

I admit, watching the ending, I was pretty much thinking WTF that was incredibly disappointing. But then I just thought about it, and it actually made completely perfect sense.

IDK why I ever thought Hiroshi was going to be this badass guy, who was running from Michiko because of something horrible that happened between them. Maybe because Michiko was so badass herself and she kept raving about what an amazing man he was, but I realize her unrealistic love just shows she was human, and of course, humans are not perfect. Hatchin had it right about him the entire time (which makes sense, since she was the only one who hadn't met him, and thus was able to be objective).

And about Hatchin and the baby... it's really hard to swallow, I personally think, because of how realistic it all was. Hatchin gets abandoned by Hiroshi again, so now she's completely on her own. Completely. Even when she was in that hell of a household in the beginning, she still had a roof and food to eat.

Lots of years pass. She lives in a place of abject poverty, completely on her own, it's understandable she might have made some mistakes. But the fact that she kept the baby and didn't abandon it, unlike her father, speaks volumes to how she is still the same Hatchin.
Nov 27, 2014 1:25 AM
Jul 2014
tokyoblackbird said:
7/10

THE GOOD:
-An action-packed anime in a really unique locale
-Great soundtrack
-Michiko is an unforgettable standout character
-Strong female characters
-Occasionally poetic

THE BAD:
-FILLER FILLER FILLER, too long and unfocused.

-Rita was really pointless.
-When Shinsuke died, I feel like he broke too easily. This is a guy who enjoyed getting hit by a car.
-Inconsistent characterization. I really couldn't figure out how psycho Satoshi was supposed to be. Suddenly he became really likable before he died?
-Why did Hatchin agree to get in the plane with her father in the first place? She didn't like him at all.

-I JUST WANTED TO SEE MICHIKO AND HATCHIN UP CLOSE AND HAPPY IN THE LAST EPISODE THAT'S ALL I WANTED.

P.S. I liked Hatchin's hair, it suits her personality.

Not sure if you were really wanting your questions answered, but I do have thoughts on them!

I think he may have given up on her because
1. he stated he always gets the job done with one shot, and he definitely failed that.
2. he saw Satoshi had hired another assassin as well, which was pretty insulting.

I think the point of this episode was to give Hatchin a taste of what it felt like to be in love, and how complicated the feelings are, and how it often doesn't make sense. Basically, it gave her an understanding of Michiko's character.

I think he was so incredibly unhinged that he was way out of touch with reality. But then when he saw Satoshi kill all those men, then corner him, he realized, that oh shit, he was cornered.

I think his character can be attributed to his history and the horrible circumstances and environment he grew up in. I think he became likeable, because as he admitted to Hatchin, Hiroshi was the only one he could talk to and act normal around, and everyone kept saying how Hatchin looked like Hiroshi (and shes was also a really cool, likable kid), so it might have felt like having Hiroshi around. Him saving Hatchin in the end, was very reminiscent of how Hiroshi risked his life to save Satoshi (which really weighs heavily on Satoshi, especially because he tells everyone he was the one who killed the crime bosses, not Hiroshi).

She did it because she loved Michiko, and she knew Michiko needed all of it to be that way (the breakfast scene).
Nov 30, 2014 10:35 AM

Oct 2013
I was disappointed in this show overall- 5/10

Obviously the art and the animation are great (Manglobe) and also the setting is fresh, diverse and interesting. Aside from that, not much else is good about the show. There is a lot of action that happens in many different circumstances, but none of it has any tension because after you see a few episodes, it's easy to see that the protagonists come out unscathed virtually every time, even in situations in which that seems impossible. The aim of those shooting at them is worse than storm troopers in Star Wars. The action is also inconsistent in that Michiko will some times get physically beaten down easily and other times kick the asses of a dozen people without getting hit. To suit the plot, sometimes Michiko is a badass action hero and sometimes she's just a punk woman with a lot of guts but little skill in fighting or escaping. Additionally, the characters can be wildly inconsistent. Satoshi acts like a big bad mob boss who has no sympathy half the time and then in some scenes he'll seem completely different. And ultimately, the directing is just poor. Scene-to-scene continuity can be jarring and the script gives a lot of opportunity for tension and excitement but very little is ever created by the directing. If it had been directed by Watanabe, it could have been some real good stuff.
Dec 15, 2014 8:29 AM

Nov 2011
That ending is all the reason why I even want to rewatch this goddamn thing. Even if Watanabe only directed the sounds (lol) (since he's the Sound Director), I can't help but feel that he did something to make the last episode THE episode to have The Watanabe Touch.

By the way, great hair, Hana. It's good that she decided to keep it short, especially being in a place as hot as Brazil.
Dec 19, 2014 7:27 AM

Jun 2013
I was worried the ending wouldn't be satisfying. Glad I was wrong, still Hiroshi is the worst father. There are no fillers for me unless you're a plot whore. It's all about characterization.

I called it, Michiko to Hatchin is really underrated. The story was a bit messy like there were no proper conclusion/explanation in some of the episodes, but its characters that this show boasts. Michiko and Hatchin are dynamic and developed as characters. Its supporting cast have also undergone noticeable growth (Satoshi and Atsuko). The artwork was amazing and detailed. The music fit with the South-America-like atmosphere. 9/10 for now.
ImpalaDec 19, 2014 7:30 AM
Dec 25, 2014 2:35 PM

May 2014
tpain0 said:
I was disappointed in this show overall- 5/10

Obviously the art and the animation are great (Manglobe) and also the setting is fresh, diverse and interesting. Aside from that, not much else is good about the show. There is a lot of action that happens in many different circumstances, but none of it has any tension because after you see a few episodes, it's easy to see that the protagonists come out unscathed virtually every time, even in situations in which that seems impossible. The aim of those shooting at them is worse than storm troopers in Star Wars. The action is also inconsistent in that Michiko will some times get physically beaten down easily and other times kick the asses of a dozen people without getting hit. To suit the plot, sometimes Michiko is a badass action hero and sometimes she's just a punk woman with a lot of guts but little skill in fighting or escaping. Additionally, the characters can be wildly inconsistent. Satoshi acts like a big bad mob boss who has no sympathy half the time and then in some scenes he'll seem completely different. And ultimately, the directing is just poor. Scene-to-scene continuity can be jarring and the script gives a lot of opportunity for tension and excitement but very little is ever created by the directing. If it had been directed by Watanabe, it could have been some real good stuff.

Yeah, I agree with some of those points - the story just seemed like an animated soap opera at some point. Could have redeemed it by having Michiko shoot Hiroshi dead.
Typing on an ipad is like driving carpentry nails with a sledgehammer.
Dec 25, 2014 3:34 PM

Nov 2012
Looks like Hatchin, Atsuko and that plant business owner lady with the hair mole on her arm were the only one's who truly grasped Hiroshi's character, I feel bad for Michiko and Satoshi. That plant business owner lady being the only one to have actually met him before hand fell and inlove and then realized he was trash.
Jaywalker.
Dec 29, 2014 1:34 AM

Aug 2013
Cool anime, 8/10
But yeah... that hair tho, need to grow it out
Jan 4, 2015 12:32 AM
Dec 2014
I wanted a fairytale ending but I knew for some reason it was never gonna happen. This anime showed us how life isn't a straight line and the harsh reality of things...i.e hiroshi running away again, michiko finally getting caught and hatchin becoming a young mum - looking at everything objectively those events were bound to happen

well done to the soundtrack and animation - visuals/setting was amazing and detailed. Character designs were unique too.

I'd say this is experimentation at it's finest! I love how this anime was diff for a change. - Although I'm an action addict I stuck all the way through because of the characterisation between michiko and hatchin 8.5/10 or low 9/10

if anyone could reco me some anime, please do!!!!
Jan 30, 2015 4:36 PM

Nov 2014
Omg no it's over! :(

Older Hana is cute! And her happy baby is adorable, I was surprised that she ended up

I was so sad when Hana wanted to get off the helicopter cause she wanted to be with Michiko.

All that searching for Hiroshi just so he could go off on his own again though...

So glad they reunited at the end though, that made my heart happy. <3

I do wish we saw Michiko in the future & what was going on with her though aside from the hug at the end.

9/10 for me!
Feb 15, 2015 5:02 PM

Jul 2013
I'm curious about one thing still...who's Hana's mother? Is it Michiko? I remember when she broke out of jail ,she called Hana's foster parents and when the wife had asked who it was that she was speaking to Michiko replied by saying that she was Hana's mom but when Hana asked her if she was her mom she said no.
I'm also curious as to who gave baby Hana that tattoo and what the meaning behind it is.
The time skip was a bit unexpected.Hana having a kid was a bit unexpected.
When I found out Hiroshi had left for some new lover,I wasn't the least bit surprised.As Michiko had said earlier on the series 'The guy's a coward' and I'm glad he didn't change to give the series some cotton candy sugary ending.
Honestly, I don't see what Michiko saw in him.By about episode 15 or so, I realized it was pointless continuing to look for this guy,obviously he didn't want to be found and chasing after someone like that just makes you look obssessive and desperate.
Anyways, it's cool that Michiko and Hanna were able to meet again.They seemed to be the only one who cared for each other so at least something good came from this Hiroshi foolishness.
Feb 24, 2015 2:27 PM

Aug 2013
One of the best animes I've ever seen! I will never forget this anime. I LOVE IT! <3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 19, 2015 11:56 AM

Feb 2011
I was surprised Hiroshi took Hana for even as long as he did before up and disappearing again. I think his willingness made the end a bit anticlimactic, and the fact that he seems to always be in a fog didn't help. But overall, I was happy with the ending and glad Michiko and Hatchin were shown reuniting again.

Overall, a very enjoyable anime for me. :)
May 14, 2015 7:26 PM

Apr 2012
hatchins hair is fine, everyone is babies.
her having a baby is a parallel to michiko taking care of hatchin. that's not expected from her character, and so it works. its called growth.

despite being outrageous i found this series very believable. it was a favorite from the first episode. i believed in hiroshi until around episode 13. loved the slow development and the subtle plot.
little-flowerMay 14, 2015 7:33 PM
u gay
May 18, 2015 5:36 AM

Aug 2012
Expected more from this.
May 24, 2015 4:48 AM

Jul 2012
Disappointing. I didn't mind Atsuko that much before, but just when she's resolved to treat Michiko like a stranger she... somehow convinces all the police in the city to let her go. What?

Finally catching up with Hiroshi wasn't any better. No explanation as to his actions and motivations whatsoever, and no proper interaction between him and Michiko and Hana either. He just stood there until Hana mentioned that he'd run off again.

I'm starting to think this show would've been better if it had focused on Satoshi (and to a lesser extent Shinsuke).
"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34
Jun 30, 2015 9:25 PM

Jul 2014
The first dozen episodes were addicting and I had it at an 8/10. Then from there up to episode 21 it seemed to just drag on so I dropped it down to 7/10 which is what I thought it'd stay at. But this last episode was garbage. Major letdown. The way the events unfolded, Hatchin looking ridiculous, and her being a single mother were all a bit hard to swallow. Best thing about it was Hatchin and Michiko reuniting at the end. This series gets a 6/10 from me.

Michiko found out about Hatchin while she was still in jail. No way that they are mother and daughter. Plus she was born after Michiko thought Hiroshi died in that bus accident. Michiko saying she was Hatchin's mom in the first episode was an obvious lie, not sure why everyone is so hung up on this one comment. The fact that Hatchin's kid looks like Michiko isn't all that surprising since a majority of the characters in the show were people of color. So it's not a stretch to think that the baby's dad would be as well.
Jul 4, 2015 2:26 AM
Jul 2015
This anime was beautifully crafted. Can we take a second to appreciate the opening? W.O.W is all that needs to be said. I have to give props to the visual aesthetics. anime today are not as memorable or as outstanding anymore. I can't believe Mitchiko&Haitchin didn't get as much hype. Totally underrated. A few flaws with narration, side plots were honestly better than the overall main plot, but I do believe it was the director's first work, and that itself is more than impressive. 9/10 Easily a top favorite and recommended.

The ending was perfect. I think it's important to consider although all the positive things said about Hiroshi, his actions prove otherwise. His abandonment is repetitive. How he-in the middle of building something ( monstro, tomatoes, relationships) vanishes. His weak devolopment is disappointing because he till the very end isn't made out of what everyone said he is supposed to be. Compared to cold hearted Satoshi, stubborn Mitchiko, feisty Haitchin heck even Shinskue who had blossoming devolopment throughout the series, Hiroshi was I think intentionally a build up of B.S. Which highlights the protagonists who didn't even need him this entire time.

P.S Haitchin in the epilogue didn't really seem to care for her father or the baby daddy. It adds more characterization and bad-assary to her. Mitchiko&Haitchin ends and gives a shoutout to all the badass females out there.

P.S.S Haitchin pulls off that haircut very well in my opinion.
SupanovJul 4, 2015 2:55 AM
Jul 23, 2015 11:24 PM

Feb 2013
I love it!!!

I loved this so much!!!

The ending where they finally meet back up brought a few tears to my eyes....

I wanted to rate this lower......For several reasons I wanted to.....but I didn't....it was too good for me to do so.....ideal endings and ideal story-lines does not always make a great all around show...life isn't perfect.....sometimes it's the stories that are flawed, that make it a perfect story......so with that in mind:

10/10

I don't give one fuck to anyone that says I overrated it....I straight up don't.
Aug 13, 2015 2:01 AM
Aug 2015
What I would like to know is how old is hana at the end and what happened to hiroshi did he just ditch hana to be with another girl wtf
Aug 15, 2015 5:47 AM
Aug 2015
I really enjoyed this anime. I felt it was really responsible of Michiko to go finish her jail sentence, considering how the police chases started to progress. I mean, one guy was willing to shoot Hatchin. A lot of people were questioning how they got to go see Hiroshi, I thought it was pretty obvious that Mitchiko and Atsuko made a deal for Mitchiko to come back with no fights. As for Hatchin having a baby, she said the guy was around for 3 months and then dipped, you can't blame her for the guy walking out. You can't say that you thought she was better than that when it wasn't her decision. As for the kids father I was thinking it could have been the boy who she had a swimming contest with. That's just my guess. I'm really glad they had a reunion and I agree that this anime is underrated.
Aug 15, 2015 5:50 AM
Aug 2015
animeking1 said:
What I would like to know is how old is hana at the end and what happened to hiroshi did he just ditch hana to be with another girl wtf
Well when she finally met Hiroshi she was 10, so you can assume that
8+ years went by it could be fewer than that, but just judging by how mature she looked I would just say 18 at least
Aug 19, 2015 2:37 PM

Sep 2012
Good series. It looks like there might not be another season unless they start it off with their current age.
Sep 26, 2015 11:58 PM
Feb 2014
I hate to be the one to give the unpopular opinion but as for the ending, I didn't really like it. Not that I was expecting things to go all happy.
But, eh, like the whole series was based off of finding the guy and he becomes irrelevant to the story as soon as Hatchin hops on the plane with him and they do the time skip. Like, I mean for the whole series to be based on them finding the guy I would expect things that occured, like him leaving them for some other lady to have more emphasis and importance to the ending. That's not my biggest problem for real though, I could have shrugged that off.
My main issue is what they left me with, and how it's really hard for me to grasp a solid idea on what exactly are Hatchin and Michiko to do now.
The whole series was based on them finding Hiroshi and really and yes, a bond grew with them and hatchin and Michiko ended up having this mother daughter relationship and Hatchin followed her around and through but, what happens now that hatching's an adult and has a child and her own life going on? Where does Michiko go, what does Michiko wanna do after all of that?
Since, she said they would all be together after she sorted out her stuff how exactly does Michiko responds to Hiroshi running off with some other girl
I'm happy they got each other in the end, but I question what happens for them and their relationship after they meet up again.
I felt like there wasn't enough to grasp on for me to be satisfied for an ending.
Oct 6, 2015 6:48 PM
Jun 2013
This has easily become one of my favorite anime ever. I wish this could have been longer. I love these characters soooooo much.

Yeah if you wanna be technical or picky, it wasn't perfect, but at the end of the day I got an unbelievable amount of enjoyment out of this and that's what it's all about. I am really sad to see this go. I loved seeing their relationship blossom into what it was at the end.
This will not be the last time I see this. It deserves several rewatches.
Oct 7, 2015 12:23 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
What a journey, hard to believe it's over. This show definitely had style and flair. Art and animation were stellar in many parts and its soundtrack was varied and excellent.

But I have to say, I feel empty with this ending. Hiroshi running away again isn't out of character, but it still feels like a giant kick to the nuts. I guess I sort of pictured a happy ending where they were all together, but I suppose that really wouldn't match the tone of the show. But after all this time looking for Hiroshi they come up empty handed.

I knew after all the things Michiko has done that there wouldn't be a happy ending, at least not immediately. I knew she would have to pay for her crimes one way or the other.

I think the oddest thing out of this is Hatchin. Throughout the series it was established that she was a responsible girl with a good head on her shoulders. But now she's a single mom at around 17-18? That just seems so out of character, I feel like it practically undermines her entire character.

I think I understand for the most part though, this was a show about sisterhood/family and about friendship not about the dream itself. I think it was nice they were finally reunited, but at the same time I can't shake this feeling of emptiness I have.

For me, I'm sort of disappointed with the ending. I expected something more but really got what this show has been about all along. Hiroshi is an asshole, Hatchin isn't as responsible as she looks, and Michiko didn't get her happy ending. I guess I've grown a big enough emotional connection to the characters that it sort of hurts me inside. But at least the dynamic duo reunited again, and hopefully they'll be able to live a life of happiness together.

I give Michiko and Hatchin an 8/10.
Oct 21, 2015 11:22 AM

Dec 2008
Really annoyed that Michiko broke all kinds of laws to find Hiroshi and doesn't even kick him in balls or punch him in the face when she finally sees him! Hiroshi's the ultimate douchebag.

7/10 because the supporting characters that were in just one or two episodes were good.
Dec 7, 2015 2:12 PM

May 2015
My only comment for this episode: Hiroshi is scum.
"It's a tragic misunderstanding that could have been easily avoided if he just finished his sentence in time!"

— Richard Watterson (The Amazing World of Gumball)
Dec 12, 2015 11:30 PM
Jun 2013
mix feeling on the series as a whole. Had some good episodes,but some boring/annoying ones. Also why leave the kid with the known dead beat dad. Why not ask Atsuko to take of her since shes michikos good friend.
Dec 13, 2015 7:35 PM

Apr 2014
I really wanted to see what he dad of the kid looked like. And Hana looked like she was 15 with a baby.
---------My Profile------------
Dec 14, 2015 7:08 PM
May 2013
Am I literally the only one who liked Hatchin's hair in the end? I pretty much have exactly the same haircut :/
Dec 16, 2015 5:02 AM
Dec 2015
I actually like the bittersweet ending wasn't to cheezy and more realistic the i was surprised to that hana had a baby but i guess since there was a at lest a ten year time jump at the end it would be possible I'm just glad she got to see michiko again at the end..
Dec 21, 2015 10:33 AM

Jan 2012
It was just missing something. Im sure that I'll think about it and figure out what it is later, but it was missing something that could make it a great series. It was defiantly anticlimactic. ... Maybe they used the police chasing them too much? They didn't that every episode so it didn't really make it exciting by the end of the series. The police chases added no drama or tension for the watchers at the end of the series, aka it was boring. If thats what happened to Sachin, then why was he in the series to begin with? He didn't really serve an obvious purpose and was literally killed off in the end just to wrap up his story line. ..... I'm kind mad that the mythical person that they were chasing all this time didn't ever become part of this series. So much build up for a character that ended up just being a prop in the series.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 24, 2016 6:32 PM

Apr 2015
Hiroshi is the worst dad ever in anime
Mar 13, 2016 3:05 AM

May 2015
I thought that the ending was fine. It left me high and dry at first, but I think the conclusion was believable and well executed after thinking about it more. Animation and sound was excellent, it really made me feel immersed with the South American setting.

The pacing was kind of hit or miss for me. I wished more of the episodes had a bigger sense of continuity; most of the characters were either one-off or not really given enough time to fully develop.

7/10
May 12, 2016 2:13 PM

May 2012
I know the setting here is fictional, but the influences are clear. I think this won a point with me just because of how rare it is to see an anime not take place in either Japan or a fantasy world.

I definitely think this series would've benefited from being 12-13 episodes as too many episodes just felt like padding. I've got to say though, the police were ridiculously inept in this series. Also, I get it's about the journey in which Michiko and Hatchin bond, not the destination of Hiroshi, but after all that time you'd think there'd be a little more to him than just being an all-around shitty human being. 7/10
May 13, 2016 12:17 PM

Dec 2013
gettogaara said:
I know the setting here is fictional, but the influences are clear. I think this won a point with me just because of how rare it is to see an anime not take place in either Japan or a fantasy world.

I definitely think this series would've benefited from being 12-13 episodes as too many episodes just felt like padding. I've got to say though, the police were ridiculously inept in this series. Also, I get it's about the journey in which Michiko and Hatchin bond, not the destination of Hiroshi, but after all that time you'd think there'd be a little more to him than just being an all-around shitty human being. 7/10

Agree 100% with it, and also as a native portuguese speaker, this show sometimes was awkward to watch, so many mistakes Jesus. Specially having to deal at every episode with "a continuar", made me cringe everytime. Anyway, really disapointed with Hiroshi, he was really a asshole, and like above, the anime would be benefit it was shorter. But a 7/10 for me.
Jun 24, 2016 6:00 AM

Oct 2015
Beautiful ending, even if others disagree.

gettogaara said:
Totally agree with you. It did indeed seem like it would've done better as a 13-episode series. They lost focus midway, since the beginning indicated that the main purpose of the journey would be the couple's adventure together.
Hisoka said:
True love is finding someone whose demons play well with yours.
Illumi said:
Jun 24, 2016 3:26 PM

May 2016
This ending was so utterly underwhelming it felt like a punch to the face, the only saving grace it had was the fact that we actually get to see Michiko and Hatchin together at the very end.
While I did enjoy the series the whole way through and I never felt like I was bored, at times it felt like the characters' constant little fits and spats purposely derailed the story so as to postpone any kind of resolution for as long as possible, which made them rather predictable and very hard to take seriously.
Some of the minor problems I had with it were the rather silly action sequences which were mainly executed by Michiko and her impossible constant wardrobe changes. There were also a few times where the end result of something was reached by questionable means e.g. Atsuko and Vanessa making it out of the ruins or Michiko getting caught only to somehow be released in order to meet Hiroshi.
The fact that this was a 22 episode show that left so many questions unanswered despite having enough time to expand on them seems very insulting. But among all of them Hiroshi, who had been Michiko's ultimate goal and final destination, was quickly swept under the rug. No revalations about his motives, about the way his mind works, nothing.
In the end the show basically wanted me to accept that Hatchin despite being able to see through her father's charade and being developed as a very level-headed kid ended up with the child of some guy who left her after 3 months.
The ending knocked down the series a lot for me, but I can still say I enjoyed the journey up till then.

Oh and way to make me actually care for and like Satoshi Batista before killing him off xD in an undeserving way at that
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Michiko to Hatchin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

angel999 - Nov 12, 2008

104 by prozyne »»
Jan 30, 8:41 PM

Poll: » Michiko to Hatchin Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Oct 29, 2008

82 by prozyne »»
Jan 28, 5:38 AM

» music in this series

abyss_will - Jan 20, 2019

5 by abyss_will »»
Jan 22, 11:40 PM

Poll: » Michiko to Hatchin Episode 16 Discussion

simo000 - Mar 14, 2009

40 by Destroyer31 »»
Oct 4, 2023 7:25 PM

Poll: » Michiko to Hatchin Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kokujin-kun - Dec 4, 2008

75 by Destroyer31 »»
Oct 4, 2023 7:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.