Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Sep 18, 2011 1:34 PM

Apr 2009
This series is so terribly underrated, it hurts.

10/10
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Dec 18, 2011 7:26 PM

Apr 2008
DocHolliday said:
Personally, I really enjoyed this series.The music,art style,characters and story were all superb, but that's not to say that it didn't have some minor flaws here and there.Some episodes weren't as enjoyable as others and they left a few things unexplained, but that's all minor stuff that I easily overlooked.I just wished they would have shown some kind of discussion between Michiko and Hiroshi instead of them exchanging a few words and that's it or at least having her tell him off for being a cowardly piece of crap.Overall, I was very pleased with the ending though.I think the moral of the story is that blood isn't always thicker than water as shown with Michiko loving Hatchin and Hiroshi not wanting anything to do with her.

The mother/daughter relationship that grew between Michiko and Hatchin is what made this series stand out from the rest and shine so beautifully in my opinion.It became an instant favorite of mine and overall I give it a 9/10.

You sir, took the words right out of my mouth. Yeah Hiroshi wasn't the main focus, but the journey instead. That was memorable, combined with the awesome music, art style and character development of Michiko and Hatchin. I too gave it a 9/10 and favorited it. Sad to see few shows like this one aren't around anymore.
My Blog: Oasis Crossing ~The Book of Friends~

Forum Avatar: Fram Nara from Gundam AGE
Jan 3, 2012 11:14 AM

Jan 2010
I cried harder than I've ever cried during an anime and I can't even form a decent sentence right now. Only thing I have to say is 9/10 and fave'd.
Feb 24, 2012 12:40 PM

Oct 2011
Grat anime 9/10 ,I liked the ending but I also think that the baby was out of place.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Feb 25, 2012 8:41 PM

Oct 2010
Michiko is my new love xD. I really enjoyed this series.
Mar 17, 2012 10:34 PM

Jan 2011
I didn't like Hatchin's new hair and the baby. But still 10/10 series favourited.
[center]
Mar 26, 2012 5:39 AM

Apr 2011
Not very dramatic ending and seeing Hana with a kid???!! Hmmm 9/10
Apr 11, 2012 8:10 AM

Jan 2012
it was a quite sad and emotional ending for me, not sure why... i guess in a way i was slightly dissapointed, I expected a whole lot more, nice to to hana with a kid :) the ending probably could have been better, in the fact the whole series could have, less filler and more story based episodes would have been so much better but the last 3-4 episodes ended it off nicely. Im with the majority, a low to medium 7!
Apr 11, 2012 8:52 AM

May 2008
8/10 Man that was really great. I was hoping Hiroshi would not leave haix. After all the good things Satoshi and Michiko said about him i thought he would be a fairly good person . Guess i was wrong =.=. What a let down. but other then that i really enjoyed this whole show. It was a great roller-coaster ride for me. And i enjoyed it thoroughly.

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Apr 17, 2012 4:30 AM

Nov 2008
Underrated. Whatever, this is MAL.
May 2, 2012 12:32 PM

Jan 2008
One of the biggest let down I've ever experienced with anime

this isn't underrated at all, Michiko & Hatchin is like Bebop/Champloo done wrong
May 3, 2012 5:53 PM

Dec 2009
MannyCalavera said:
One of the biggest let down I've ever experienced with anime

this isn't underrated at all, Michiko & Hatchin is like Bebop/Champloo done wrong

In some way, I do agree with you. Maybe not done wrong, but not done as well.

Characters are well fleshed out and definitely the strongest part of the series. Setting, music, art style is also quite lovely. Pacing seems strange, at times, like Hatchin and Rita having 2-3 episodes to develop, and then throwing in the Chinese father and his son episode.

I agree, in that it isn't underrated. I feel that the rating is accurate, and that it is an enjoyable series to watch, but Champloo, Bebop, Mushishi are the top caliber animes in this genre.
May 7, 2012 12:18 AM
Dec 2007
I may be in the minority here, I loved this anime, from start to finish I thought it was very well done.

However, the ending (this episode) was a COMPLETE letdown. So they find Hiroshi, and Hana leaves with him ending the series. There is very little resolved here, WHY did he leave? Why was he wandering around from place to place? What is the deal with the tattoos? I'm totally with Manny on this one.

Then the story fast forwards what 8 years? (she was 10 in the series) she's been knocked up and raising a child alone. Hiroshi is unexplainabley gone again, other than "He found a new lover and left". The entire plot of the story was to find Hiroshi.

I get that the whole thing was about the relationship between Michiko and Hana, I think that was great and well fleshed out, their tireless bickering got redundant and their relationship development kind of stagnated in the last half of the show until like the last 4 episodes.

I finished this series simply feeling unsatisfied.
May 8, 2012 6:49 PM
Jul 2011
I'm pretty sure Michiko IS Hana's mother. She said so at the first episode when she called in her foster house and they asked who it is.
May 8, 2012 6:49 PM
Jul 2011
And Hiroshi.. I just don't understand him.
May 8, 2012 6:52 PM
Jul 2011
How come no one remembered the first episode when she said that she's her mom on the phone?
Jul 6, 2012 4:18 PM

Jul 2011
well it was a bitter sweet ending i already knew hiroshi was an asshole and wasnt gonna stay on the picture and i knew michiko was gonna jeep her promise and come for hana,, but i would have never guessed hana would get knocked up and have a baby.. but she's a good mom and i guess all women have needs
Jul 18, 2012 11:19 PM

Jun 2009
I was actually a little disappointed. I mean it was obvious that Hana's father was just going to leave. So it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. About half way through the anime when I realized the ending I was disappointing it went that way. I would have to say it was kind of a letdown, although the last half was kind of a letdown.

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Aug 15, 2012 11:02 PM
Jun 2012
the ending is a bit abrupt. what a letdown.
Oct 4, 2012 7:25 AM

Sep 2012
I loved it. Awesome characters, great soundtracks, original settings, all the stories were pretty unique and added to the characterization. I loved how everything wasn't spelled out, it gives a lot of freedom to the viewer to interpret some character's decision.

Definitely one of my favorite anime: 9/10.
SetsukoHaraOct 25, 2012 4:10 PM
Oct 20, 2012 10:18 PM

Nov 2011
Well, I guess this series was worth the entertainment although I got bored of it a bit in the later episodes. I'm glad they reunited though.

Hatchin looked like a boy throughout the entire series. I swear I look at her and go "girl who?"

Compared to a recent series I've finished (Black Lagoon), I think this one was okay although lacked some qualities. She and Revy should become friends tbh. That would be an interesting duo

Anyways, 6/10. Go figure.

Damn, she looks more like a boy now than ever with that haircut
Oct 30, 2012 2:59 PM

Apr 2010
I'm Brazilian, and I think this anime was really respectful with our culture, and was a great tribute to Brazil (yeah, it has other Latin countries influences and stuff) showing the best and (unfortunaly) the worst we have here.

But, Mitchiko e Hatchin tried to be a Samurai Champloo, and it failed in almost every way. It didn't had the charisma and charm in the characters, the direction was lame, and I didn't liked it sense of humor, nor the non-realistic scenes. The absurd situations in Samurai Champloo were ALWAYS there, and they never tried to be serious, but here it didn't work the way it should have work.

I loved Satoshi Batista, and hated his ending =( And I was extremely frustrated with their reunion with Hiroshi... but I guess this is more a personal thought than a flaw in the plot.

Mitchiko e Hatchin had a great potential, but was poorly executed... but I will give a 7 because I liked the tribute to my country ;)
DiegoCCamaraOct 30, 2012 3:03 PM
Dec 28, 2012 5:43 PM

Jul 2009
Definitely have to agree with the several first posts . . . Hiroshi leaving is not surprising at all, and very fitting. I hate that douche.

Also disliked Hatchin's adult design D:, and especially her short hair and child (!). I guess I understand why they gave her that outcome--she's kind of like Michiko II, except with the roles reversed and the adult is actually responsible--but it still pissed me off.

Great showing Michiko and Hatchin reuniting, although I can't possibly imagine Michiko a decade (or so?) older. Gave it a low 9/10 overall, though the beginning and last episodes are tempting me to lower it to 8....

Is it just me, or does the episode have a slice-of-life feel to it?
Jan 14, 2013 11:05 PM

Mar 2011
F***,F***,F***!! That ending was trash! Michiko goes back to jail?! For how many years?! Ten?! F*** that! Then there's Hiroshi! Forget about a punch in the face! I wanted to squeeze that jerk off's neck till he popped! Satoshi died and yet you slink away! I can imagine him now while Michiko is in jail, ''Better luck next time! Hahaha..!''
Hatchin with a baby, really?! And the father left which means she chose a loser. Hatchin how could you have fallen..! You were innocent in it all! Sure Michiko and Hiroshi's departure must of stung but to let a loser violate you..! Ah!!!! I can only imagine her as white trash now!
Atsuko's relation to Michiko is still confusing! She apparently never found a pair to break off from Michiko.
Lastly who killed that Boss with young Michiko and Hiroshi! Why did she go to jail? Michiko said she didn't do it so was it Hiroshi?! I want to break him!!
Oh wait...Who was Hatchin's mother?!
Jan 15, 2013 9:47 PM
Aug 2012
crow-sama said:
F***,F***,F***!! That ending was trash! Michiko goes back to jail?! For how many years?! Ten?! F*** that! Then there's Hiroshi! Forget about a punch in the face! I wanted to squeeze that jerk off's neck till he popped! Satoshi died and yet you slink away! I can imagine him now while Michiko is in jail, ''Better luck next time! Hahaha..!''
Hatchin with a baby, really?! And the father left which means she chose a loser. Hatchin how could you have fallen..! You were innocent in it all! Sure Michiko and Hiroshi's departure must of stung but to let a loser violate you..! Ah!!!! I can only imagine her as white trash now!
Atsuko's relation to Michiko is still confusing! She apparently never found a pair to break off from Michiko.
Lastly who killed that Boss with young Michiko and Hiroshi! Why did she go to jail? Michiko said she didn't do it so was it Hiroshi?! I want to break him!!
Oh wait...Who was Hatchin's mother?!

So many questions, I'm kind of used to it now how most anime series tend to leave things hanging, another perfect example of this is Angel Beats. If you watch it, great anime series, funny, lots of action, but the ending... damn!!! After watching it you might find the ending to M&H much better executed.
I also don't understand Atsuko... First there's her vendetta against Michiko which isn't explained well enough. They were best friends, though it seems the friendship was more of Michiko using her to get what she wanted XD. Even when she's all grown up and she is chasing after Michiko, ultimately all she does is at least try and help her get what she wants again, and then in another ep. she helped that Michiko lookalike again allowing herself to be used.
Kind of a funny and interesting concept that is lol, definitely breaks the stereotype of the in your face, loud-mouthed-afro-mama. (though I have not seen much of this kind of stereotype in anime lol)
I seem to be getting the impression she's kind of yuri lol (not saying this in a bad way, I actually really like her character).
I've watched this series twice now in order to get a better understanding of the story (and enjoyment of course, love this series), but among other issues I'm still confused about her, and what she meant by her feelings. Initially, I just thought she just wanted Michiko to give her the respect she deserves, but then again would she really go through all that vindiction just for a little respect (I'm talking about her loving it when Michiko was in jail.)
I mean, sure Michiko may have been her best friend, but she wasn't damn well a very good one, at least from what I have seen. Does anyone have a better understanding of this?
Jan 15, 2013 10:25 PM
Aug 2012
LAH-Azrael said:
I may be in the minority here, I loved this anime, from start to finish I thought it was very well done.

However, the ending (this episode) was a COMPLETE letdown. So they find Hiroshi, and Hana leaves with him ending the series. There is very little resolved here, WHY did he leave? Why was he wandering around from place to place? What is the deal with the tattoos? I'm totally with Manny on this one.

Then the story fast forwards what 8 years? (she was 10 in the series) she's been knocked up and raising a child alone. Hiroshi is unexplainabley gone again, other than "He found a new lover and left". The entire plot of the story was to find Hiroshi.

I get that the whole thing was about the relationship between Michiko and Hana, I think that was great and well fleshed out, their tireless bickering got redundant and their relationship development kind of stagnated in the last half of the show until like the last 4 episodes.

I finished this series simply feeling unsatisfied.

I think that's kind of the point though. I mean about Hiroshi. Michiko and Satoshi both said he was a great guy, they believed in him, both trusted him but he betrayed them without even thinking anything about it. Hiroshi is a douche, and Atsuko, Hana, that man who got scammed by Hiroshi as well as that tomato lady were right. It doesn't matter whether they were so head over heels over him in their own way, (Satoshi saw him as a best friend and the only person he could ever trust). They completely got a wrong picture of him, either that or they naively hoped he'd somehow change upon seeing them again.
The point of Michiko seeing Hiroshi again is that she had a realization that he left her and no longer loved her, that is if he had loved her at all. She had to find him and see him again, I know right, kind of defeats the whole purpose, all that trouble they went through.
Jan 15, 2013 10:57 PM
Aug 2012
Queen_Stars said:
Loved this series; this makes one of my handful of 10s.

I actually liked Hana's hair; she found it practical during her childhood and still had the same strong work ethic as an adult, conbined with haveing a child, why not have short hair? It also makes a change from what we are told is beautiful.
It seems Hana simply has bad look with others; all more or less drifters, even when she attempts to settle down.

Hiroshi is funny 'went off with another woman' - poor woman! :o
It's amazing, the amount Hiroshi has gotten away with simply because he's; polite, pleasant and slightly goofy.
Hiroshi is no better then any other freelance, troublesome character within this series, the only difference is his aproach, which works a treat - he's a nice guy, but not a good one.

I'm wondering if; Atsuko let Michiko slip away (again), Michiko's sentence ended or she escaped for the 5th time?
Michiko = great character; the main being female wasn't an issue within this series, unlike many other series's, she intergrated well into the world she chose to be in, no cliche; icequeen breaking down and crying aswell as getting in the way and relying on males, no males going easy on the female who's in a position were she's their equal, no excessive ecchi fanserive attempting to destract from the plot.

About Michiko's prison sentence. I would like to think she served her sentence to the end. I am curious what sentence she was given and for what charges, I know she broke out, and caused a heck lot of damage to property, but other than that I don't think she actually has killed anyone. So while her sentence may be long, I don't think it would have been as severe as those for murder.
I also would like to think she wouldn't go out causing Atsuko trouble again especially after all the mess she left her in when she was demoted etc etc. I can be sure of this seeing as how she handed herself in in the first place, which in a way shows how she perhaps was trying to make up with Atsuko or at least her way of kind of apologizing or maybe just returning the favor (I don't know what I can call it since I don't really understand their relationship lol).
So after considering all this, I don't think she would break out again as she would have had no reason to unlike previously, and also that would defeat the purpose of surrendering herself to the police in the first place.
Agreed Michiko is a great female main, would certainly have liked to see more of her.
Feb 3, 2013 7:12 PM

Dec 2009
Stark700 said:
Well, I guess this series was worth the entertainment although I got bored of it a bit in the later episodes. I'm glad they reunited though.

My reaction is similar. Seemed like somewhere half way in the story started to feel redundant. I couldn't help comparing it to Samurai Champloo it felt like a very similar plot but I didn't like the journey as much. On my rating scale this is a 6/10. Wouldn't consider buying it or watching it again.
Such junk...
Mar 2, 2013 2:51 PM

Jul 2011
well...first, I really enjoyed this series. It had its ups and downs, but mostly ups. I like how real they were, in the fact that not every fight they can win.
The ending left a gut feeling, not so good. Mostly because they spent time separated. How much time? It is not told. I just hope it was about 5 years. But then again, that would mean Hatchin to have had a child at the age of 15. And like some mentioned above, she did not look the kind go to and get pregnant at that age.

But if there was more, then it would make Michiko look older, so which one should I take?
I'll take the 5 years, maybe even 4, and that way Michiko after being "released" she wouldn't have been much older then when they arrested her.

Anyways by the time it was halfway through the series, I was like, Hiroshi is so not worth all this trouble. But I kept watching.
And am happy to see that Michiko and Hatchin are happy together in the end, with NO HIROSHI.
That's what made me happy in the end.

But the whole time spent separated is the only thing that made me uneasy.
but that's just me.
This was a very good series. The art was great. I think Michiko is the most beautiful character I've seen in any anime. And of course Hatching is really cute.

so in the end I gave it a 10/10
Mar 5, 2013 1:41 PM
Mar 2013
First, I will say, in the beginning I was in LOVE with this anime, but somewhere in the middle, my love and undivided attention slowly turned into impatience and boredom.

I judge anime by 4 concepts: Art, Length, Concept, and Character. Michiko To Hatchin (MtH) scores a little bit above average for only 2/4.

The Good

Art: Beautiful, the characters and scenery are absolutely fun to watch. Michiko, obviously made to be attractive, is never boring to look at. Her ever changing hair and clothing makes me want to pay attention to how she looks. I also like the deliberate ugly characters. (such as Shinsuke) Although the art isn’t outrageously different from other animes, there is definitely something that sticks out about MtH’s.

Concept: A sassy, trash talking felon breaking out of prison to rescue her kid and find her true love? Almost comedic, but definitely not something you see every day in anime, even though it is simple. I love the grittiness of their world in South America. (where it’s normal for small children to have guns in the slums)

The Bad

Length: From reading this thread, in general, people have been having issues getting through the middle episodes, this is definitely an issue. I found episodes, 6, 7, 9, 11, 13, and 15 to stray from the plot, and I personally label them as fillers. SIX out of twenty two episodes don’t belong in the series. Not saying they aren’t good, but I can’t stand slow developing storylines. MtH is better off as a short anime (>15 episodes), and less people would get bored or feel the anime is redundant and without cause.

Character: The genealogy of Hatchin and Michiko seems to be confusing. To clear up any confusion, Michiko IS Hatchin’s mother. She even says so in episode 1, when she calls Hatchin’s adoptive family to tell them she is on her way to pick her up. However, in the anime, they seem to subtly change or imply otherwise. For example:

-Why is Michiko surprised to see Hatchin with the tattoo on her belly? As her mother, you’d think that she’d know already.

-Why does Michiko have to deduce when Hatchin was born in order to clarify Hiroshi was still alive? If Hatchin was Michiko’s daughter, Michiko would have known from the beginning he was not dead without a doubt.

-Why is it Hatchin never answers when someone asks what’s her relation to Michiko?

All of these questions are left up to us as viewers to theorize, which is not fair to us. We are only spectators—you are the creator, YOU tell us the story.

At the end of this anime, I felt like I’ve wasted a lot of my time watching this and trying to understand it. After 21 episodes of chasing Hiroshi, coming close but not reaching him, they finally meet. There is NO confrontation between them two, they simply meet and introduce themselves. There is no explanation why Hiroshi was evading them; there was no anger from Michiko (who is normally hot-headed, which means she was out of character). Michiko decides after all of her hard work and determination, that she will send Hiroshi and Hatchin away and will turn herself in to the authorities. What sense does this make? What was she thinking? Again, we have no explanation, we are left to assume. Time passes and Hiroshi leaves once again (briefly acknowledged through a Hatchin voice-over), and Hatchin is now a young adult and a single mother. Which is absolutely out of character for Hatchin—the more serious, and awkward one concerning relationships. Granted, she was only 10 when a guy shown interest in her, but that’s the only Hatchin we know. To suddenly spring on us she has a kid is too much to handle.

Overall, I give this anime a 4/10. The anime was too long for what it offered, characters eventually switched traits, anti climatic ending, and was not informative. I would not recommend this to my friends.
opensodacanMar 5, 2013 1:46 PM
I haven't found a really good anime in a really long time. :(
Mar 16, 2013 11:49 AM

May 2012
Like the three letters of this show is the same as would call this anime: MEH

The story it self has a nice pace and decent development but the final climax wasn't anything too great, the goal was just over in a couple minutes without anything related to it...

The buildup for both protagonists was quite nice though and well the ending itself was nice that the promise was kept.

All by all not a bad anime but I expected more... 6/10
RafaelDeJonghNov 29, 2014 5:57 PM
Apr 18, 2013 10:49 PM

Mar 2011
I'm not exactly sure why, but I really loved this series. At no point was I bored with it, it kept me entertained throughout. Even the little romance episode was truly amazing. The ending felt.. okay but it was as if it was lacking something. I would've liked there to be a couple of episodes depicting Hana as she grows up, gets a child etc. instead of her all of a sudden being an adult with no backstory to it.

Now, when I saw the Hana's child I thought of something. The child is not white, which could mean that a) the father was black/brown or b) Michiko is Hana's mother. It's not really hinted that Michiko is Hana's mother at all, but the fact that the child shares the same skin colour as her caught my attention. Even if it is uncommon, it is not impossible for skin colour traits to skip several generations. What that means is that a white couple could get a black child.

Oh well, amazing nonetheless. A top 15 for sure.
Mr. Wonsworth, you may NOT eat my scones!
May 3, 2013 9:49 PM

Dec 2012
I loved the ending! im glad they reunited! 8/10
May 5, 2013 3:34 PM

Nov 2010
For a 4-5 year old show I found journey impressive
Every time Atsuko shows up it reminds me of Beyoncé somehow (Austin Powers)
Manglobe showed a lot of dedication and work to show/wander around Brasil
The artwork was really nice from OP till ED

Michiko is definitely the female version of Mugen from Samurai Champloo
The one thing I didn't like were those gun shootings which none of them miraculously hit Michiko
The ending was bitter bitter sweet, poor Hatchin, I guess that's life
Jul 1, 2013 1:18 AM

Mar 2013
Seriously, what was the point of finding Hiroshi again? I don't get this story, anyone care to explain? Everything happens for no reason, I find it stupid.

Satoshi dies, nothing more happens, Michiko gets caught, nothing happens, Hiroshi is found, nothing happens, Hana gets a child, nothing happens... I felt like nothing happens throughout this whole show and the biggest punch is pointless. Gosh.

Very boring, lost interest at episode 12, but I still had to finish it... Was a very hard ride for me. 6/10 still.

Episodic, I'm never watching this kind of series again.

Come visit the Rec club! Everyone gets confused as to what they want to watch or read next. :T

Here is the Official Rec Club list of Recommendations!
Jul 11, 2013 3:45 AM

Dec 2008
And so a fantastic, underrated, under the radar anime from NAglobe UNT..Funimation ( cowboy bebop n Samurai champloo) whas come to a finale. What a fitting end. Such likeable and unie female characters are so rare and a real treat to see trekking upon a quest through south america..ish lands. For one of the few animes that had heavy latino influence and soul, I felt the portrayals were very fair and mostly on the mark. Other animes have gotten it so bad as to be practically racist, but Michiko E Hatchin showed the nitty gritty world of the BArrio that the gals and so many come from that has molded them into themselves. Im ranting, but after it all, Hatchin had a daughter who reminded her of Michiko, and they 3 went on together again to live happily, as they promised they would. STRONG 8/10 OBRIGADO!
Aug 1, 2013 11:33 PM

Jun 2012
Wow I'm surprised at all the flak the ending got. I always saw the series as curating the relationship between the title characters. Hiroshi could arguably be seen as solely an instigator for it. Still a prick though for leaving Hana after all the crap they went through. He didn't turn into a better character like Michiko said :P

I thought the events that transpired fit perfectly with the tone the series established in the previous 21 episodes. Things don't always go according to plan and the world they live can be a crappy place

I was also surprised at how strong of a character Hatchin became by the end of the series

Questionable things
- Hana having a child wasn't really necessary but it doesn't take away from the ending either. I guess it was supposed to help show how much Hana's grown up/time has passed since Michiko turned herself in?
- You'd think Michiko would have a life sentence for all the crap she did
HybridMBLAug 1, 2013 11:46 PM
Aug 11, 2013 3:03 AM
Jul 2018
I can't believe Hatchin got a baby, that ending was quite disappointing.
Oct 1, 2013 10:30 AM

Sep 2013
DeathfireD said:
Rofl Hatchin's dream at the start or the series about her dad coming out of a truck to pick her up on the highway ended up being her coming out of the same truck to pick up Michiko :D

Great job noticing that.

Hiroshi ended up being a complete asshole.

Like allot of people have said before I wish she would of changed her hair-style and that baby seemed out of place, although, everyone makes mistakes.

A touching ending to a great anime, definitely in my top 15 at least. 9/10
Oct 1, 2013 8:02 PM

Mar 2009
Meeh barely a 7/10. This series was just average to me. Its clearly an underdog of black lagoon.
Oct 3, 2013 11:40 AM

Oct 2009
So Hiroshi was just a loser after all?....................
Oh well..it was a good finale, but i wanted to see old Michiko XD
Honestly halfway through i lost interest and just watched it for the sake of finishing it. This could have been so much more.

A LOW 7/10.
Oct 16, 2013 10:50 AM

Apr 2012
great animation, great music, god characters, OK story (depending on the episode)
A realistic look at low class life very depressing.
All in all a 7/10 for the social study on life.
Oct 17, 2013 6:53 PM

Feb 2011
What can I say, I'm glad that Hiroshi was the scumbag that he was from start to end, the truth is, everyone was in love with the person that Hiroshi was portraying himself as, but not who he really was, a cowardly jiggalo who lives carelessly from woman to woman. I think we've all had this situation at least once in our lives, where everyone's gushing about this one person and how great he/she was/is, we meet them, and it's an far cry from the stories.

To me this is proven by the fact that Hatchin was basically the only one who thought her dad was a real dumbass, hell, when Satoshi was talking about how Hiroshi gave his undivided attention to anyone who would talk to him, Hatchin outright tells him that Hiroshi was probably thinking about what he was going to have for dinner that night, she had him totally 100% pegged from the get go, and that's because she never met him, she wasn't "under his spell" so to speak, and that's why she wasn't fooled one bit when they met, because she knew first hand what kind of person he was, some "dude" who gets by on his good looks and charm, runs out on anyone and anything the second things get rough or complicated, and flat out steals from everyone.

The reason I'm glad he stayed like this and left her, was because I personally felt it would've been a betrayal to what the series was leading up to, Michiko and Hatchin, and the running theme that a blood relative doesn't make a family, like Michiko and Atsuko, Michiko and Hatchin, Satoshi and Hiroshi, and finally, Hiroshi being a blood relative of Hatchin, yet being a terrible family member. It shows that you don't need to share blood to be close and love eachother, trust eachother, and be closer than anyone else with eachother.
Oct 26, 2013 3:13 AM

May 2013
-1 for the show is a bit unreal in the begining, how did that sniper miss so many times and how did satoshi survive when the police surrounded him, are they that bad at shooting?

+1 for solid, lovely, heart-warming ending

overall *************9/10****************

BTW hatchin and michiko is a very lovely character and both of them have lovely relationship, and i was very happy that they meet in the end

and the hiroshi is a dick head, i has this lingering feeling from episode 12 (or so) that why follow him, let that dick head go, and it turns out im right, he is a shit head dick head, mother fuckking lust dog

thanks for the good show totally love it
Oct 27, 2013 6:39 PM

Sep 2011
Loved this ending, one of the best endings for an anime of this kind I have seen since Cowboy Bebop. Only thing that kind of bothered me or was out of character was how Hannah had a kid with some loser that ran off. Doesn't seem like the kind of thing the responsible Hannah would do. That said she is Hiroshi's daughter so I guess it's not too surprising. In the end the only they could trust in was each other. I think they both realized that they didn't need to find Hiroshi any more they already had each other. Great ending.

Hiroshi was a piece of shit, I knew he would run off. Just a 2 bit con-man; pitty. I knew the real Hiroshi was like this since that episode where Michiko slept with the cigar man. She liked him for the same reasons she liked Hiroshi so I suspected that was foreshadowing for the type of PoS he turned out to be. Liked how he was consistent as a character, and that they didn't pull some asspull reason for him doing what he did to downplay his character and give a happier ending. Felt kind of bad for Satoshi, he fell for the same trap Michiko did, funny how the only person that knew the real Hiroshi was the daughter he never met. All in all, very good story and a very good show.
FullmetalRaikouOct 27, 2013 6:45 PM
Dec 4, 2013 2:23 PM

Nov 2009
0_0 Hannah had a kid . . . That was random as hell, and totally out of character!!!

However, having said that, super glad they reunited at the end there . . . As for Hiroshi, hope he truly did die somewhere . . . I feel bad for Michiko, after all of that, to realize that Hiroshi really was just some jack-ass. But I guess even she knew that he was like that, Oh well. Good series, it had a lot of flaws to it however really liked the characters, 7/10.
Dec 25, 2013 2:21 PM

Jan 2010
- nice art
- nice characters
- nice setting
- nice development

although some episodes felt a bit random and unnecessary

not surprised hiroshi left. he is trash. what ever, the show is titled michiko to hatchin not hiroshi to hatchin. now a cute little baby that'll probably grow up to be like michiko. im surprised hatchin had a baby with a guy that left? also i sorta was hoping for her to grow her hair out. satisfied with the ending.
low 8 outta 10
Dec 27, 2013 3:59 PM

Apr 2013
Holy crap this series was amazing. Fuck Hiroshi. Also glad to see Hana and Michiko meet again at the end.
Jan 27, 2014 3:33 PM

Oct 2013
10/10
nanofate fan
konata x kagami fan
Jan 28, 2014 12:44 AM

Oct 2012
You know honestly I was hoping for a tragic ending.. but I guess that was good enough.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Michiko to Hatchin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

angel999 - Nov 12, 2008

104 by prozyne »»
Jan 30, 8:41 PM

Poll: » Michiko to Hatchin Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Oct 29, 2008

82 by prozyne »»
Jan 28, 5:38 AM

» music in this series

abyss_will - Jan 20, 2019

5 by abyss_will »»
Jan 22, 11:40 PM

Poll: » Michiko to Hatchin Episode 16 Discussion

simo000 - Mar 14, 2009

40 by Destroyer31 »»
Oct 4, 2023 7:25 PM

Poll: » Michiko to Hatchin Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kokujin-kun - Dec 4, 2008

75 by Destroyer31 »»
Oct 4, 2023 7:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.