Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 21, 2009 9:57 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
wow, so allen propose to hitomi; meanwhile van doesn't really know what to do except fight; and dilandau is back too, just wanting to massacre people, but then he disappears, and after that hitomi disappears too, what is going on?
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Apr 4, 2009 5:05 AM

Jan 2008
kage-bunshin said:
what is going on?

The writer is taking the piss and laughing at all the viewers, that's what's going on.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Oct 17, 2009 3:17 PM

May 2008
Why was Hitomi saying "stop!" is she expecting Van to just lay down and die?

Also Merle should wear some pantsu.
Apr 14, 2010 9:52 PM

Apr 2008
"Send me back to my world" that was easy, she didn't tap her heels ;)
TuzoAnimeApr 14, 2010 9:56 PM
May 3, 2010 9:17 PM
Feb 2009
lmao w0w Alan really is a big playboy, Van should have came with her to earth
Aug 31, 2011 12:10 PM

May 2010
What the hell lol
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Feb 20, 2013 3:07 AM

Nov 2012
i was not expecting that at all tbh.
Mar 7, 2013 2:57 PM

Jan 2009
Can someone explain to me why Zaibach doesn't search for Folken? I find it weird that he just ran away without saying a word and no one cares about it. Or is it that I missed something? Hmm...

Also, Dilandaud disapeared by the same light as Hitomi. I thought at first that she sent him to Atlantis or something, but if he've been sent to earth, the hell's gonna happen?!

Anyway, It seems we are going to know more about that mysterious ''Celena''.
Jun 17, 2013 10:38 PM

Feb 2010
Something to consider is that the show was supposed to be far longer before it was decided to cram it into 26 eps due to funding or whatever. They still managed it surprisingly good, IMO.
burbelsJun 17, 2013 10:41 PM
Hell is empty and all the devils are here.
Oct 6, 2013 9:16 AM

Oct 2009
*sigh*
Jul 8, 2014 3:43 AM
Dec 2010
SithNoKami said:
*sigh*

agreed... -_-
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Jul 9, 2014 9:04 PM

Dec 2013
wah? Damn it why doesn't Dilandau die???

Ok, Now Hitomi is really starting to get on my nerves...
Love and Peace!!!
Nov 17, 2014 2:49 PM

Jan 2014
It was a relief to see Dilandau back in action, however briefly. It had been too long and the show was suffering for it.

Also, marriage proposal. I'm finally taking some interest in this love triangle thing.
Jan 24, 2015 8:42 AM

Jan 2015
"If you don't trust people they don't trust you."
Apr 27, 2015 7:03 PM

Feb 2013
(rewatching again)

This is another one of the episodes I remember seeing when this aired way back on Fox Kids. The battle is one of my favorites (ok they're all my favorites). The music, the fire... crazy Dilandau, oh yea.

Allen and Hitomi have basically been together since that kiss. He's being a bit too protective of her. Van is too (he was making sure Folken didn't do anything).
Jun 6, 2015 12:44 PM

Jan 2010
She....Hitomi could have wished herself back at any time? Did I get that wrong?
Jun 6, 2015 3:37 PM

Apr 2011
Shocked said:

No, it's because of her heart. In her heart she hadn't really wanted to go back so very badly but then a bunch of crap has happened all of a sudden in the last few episodes so she can't handle it anymore and so is sent back.
Ericonator said:
By definition, everything is retro since by the time you realize something has happened it's already in the past.
Jun 6, 2015 3:47 PM

Jan 2010
AngelicTotoro said:
Shocked said:

No, it's because of her heart. In her heart she hadn't really wanted to go back so very badly but then a bunch of crap has happened all of a sudden in the last few episodes so she can't handle it anymore and so is sent back.

So if she truly wished from her heart to go back in the first few episodes, she could have?
Jul 10, 2015 10:18 PM
Jan 2011
Shocked said:
AngelicTotoro said:

So if she truly wished from her heart to go back in the first few episodes, she could have?

I believe so. Gaia is a world where wishes come true and because she holds the pendant and Escaflowne in a connection her wishes are 100% likely to come true. So in the beginning she could have gone back to the mystic moon if she wished hard enough.
Feb 13, 2016 11:52 AM

Feb 2014
LOL that ending. "PLEASE SOMEONE SEND ME BACK HOME!" *gets transported back home* totally reminds me of the wizard of oz xD

"I'm sick of all this fighting! I want to go back to my own world!" LOL THIS IS COMING FROM SOMEONE WHO LIVES ON EARTH xD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 21, 2016 9:38 AM

Nov 2011
Dilandownsydrome's back

fucking hell mate
Jun 8, 2016 8:37 PM

Mar 2016
HELL YES!! DILANDAU'S BACK! I can't get enough of his insane yelling. The kid is seriously messed up but it's hysterical to me. And yet there's some part of me that wants to give him a big hug and calm him down.
Also.. Hitomi is dumb. This whole series has built up this huge love triangle and when it's close to being resolved, suddenly Hitomi disappears. If you don't like war then why the hell are you trying to date a KNIGHT? And Hitomi do you even realize how much war is on Earth?? You had two options: Stay in Gaia and help resolve a war, or transport back to earth and be helpless to try and stop it. The logical answer would be Gaia. Hitomi I hate you.
Aug 8, 2016 6:50 PM

May 2016
lol what is this wizard of Oz shit? XD
"Everyone is equal in death." - Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"You know what, if you're talking about living or dying, I died once two years ago... But the day I met you... After I met you, I've come back to life!" - Enmadou Rokuro (Twin Star Exorcist)

"'What is gone, is gone!!! So ask yourself this!! What is there, that still remains to you?!!!' (Jinbei)
'I STILL HAVE MY FRIENDS!!!' (Monkey D Luffy)" -One Piece

"Everything... will be ok." - Kinomoto Sakura (Sakura Card Captor)
Dec 11, 2016 1:54 PM
Jul 2016
Well I hope she stays in her fucking world like that Bitch can't decide which boy he likes wtf man. Allen is just a prince charming playboy after what he did with chid and that playing around with meliena feelings the needs chops his Dick but noooo our mc is an annoying hoe
Feb 4, 2018 11:59 AM

Feb 2013

(Dilandau laugh: ah ha ha hah ahahahh)
Apr 30, 2018 3:18 PM

Nov 2016
So she's back on earth,well now I wonder if Dilandau was sent there too.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 11, 2018 9:14 PM
Apr 2013
After 5 or 6 mundane episodes the reappearance of Dilandau brings this series roaring back to life.

Great episode.
May 9, 2019 11:59 AM

Oct 2012
Fuck, Dilandau doesn't have boobs. I guess my theory was wrong, then? So that wasn't him? But the dog-person is the same.. Hmmm.
HONESTLY, I've thought that before but Van and Allen have way better chemistry than Van x Hitomi or Allen x Hitomi lmao. I just don't feel Hitomi's feelings. Her scene with Millerna was nice though.
An episode with Dilandau will always be a good episode. The man (?) is crazy and we love it.

I must say that I didn't like the direction the anime take. Allen is lying to himself, I think, because of his love for Millerna that won't happen; Van is focused on fighting because of his hurt feelings; Hitomi is "hurrr durr confused in this world" (I used to like her very much, but I'm a bit disappointed now)... Idk. Dilandau burn everything pls. I love you
MaahHeimMay 9, 2019 12:03 PM
Jun 1, 2019 4:50 AM

Aug 2014
Holy shit Hitomi is so annyoing, if she wasn't such a drama queen the series would be so much better
Oct 19, 2019 8:02 PM

Jul 2008
I was about to hate this but then she went back to her original world.

I mean, when a character tries to make her protectors feel bad about protecting her as if they can negotiate with someone like Dilandau. It's annoying.
Nov 29, 2020 4:03 PM

Feb 2012
[spoiler]So she returned but there's time travel now?[spoiler]

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Feb 18, 2021 10:43 PM

Mar 2015
Dilandau is fun; I hope they actually reveal more about him.
Jun 20, 2021 10:51 PM

May 2020
Why the fuck do people like Dilandau. He's a psychopath and not even an entertaining one. He's just a whiny piece of shit.

And Hitomi wishes herself back home. Good riddance.

Also Van, what the hell man ? Since when do you care about her so much ? Why do you care about her so much ?
Jan 11, 2022 5:44 AM

May 2019
That ominous orchestral music just hits every time.

Allen being the possessive boyfriend, okay...

I think Dilandau had experiments done on him and they messed him UP in the head. Turned him into a pyro for sure.

Hitomi: I love Allen. I love Van. Allen just proposed. Can I go home back to earth? lol

May 17, 2022 2:43 PM

Nov 2014
The production quality has really fallen off in the second half of the series, and it was very evident in this episode - so many extended static shots of a character talking with no motion except lip-flap, and the fights, which were so consistently lavish early on in the series, now resemble something you'd see in a 90s Gundam show, with several noticeably shoddy shots of unshaded mechs vaguely flapping their limbs at each other, plus I'm pretty sure they're re-using cuts from earlier episodes.
Oct 21, 2022 8:08 AM
May 2017
The suspense never slowed down in this story. The ending was a half unexpected and I really love the drama. It's very engaging.
Aug 2, 2023 10:49 PM

Jun 2021
Bruh again dilandu start with full bloodthirst but when the pink heart-gem of escaflowne shines he's scared and run away how son of a bitch can do this motherfucker
BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH
Apr 7, 8:12 AM
Dec 2019
"Folken confirmed everyone's suspicions about Zaibach so they formed an alliance to fight" What suspicions exactly? The suspicions that should've been confirmed by the unprovoked destruction of Fanelia and/or the two blatant attacks on Asturia? One of them on the fucking capital by uncloaked Guymelefs. They should've been moving against Zaibach ten episodes ago, not hand waving about an alliance in final few episodes.

Thank god everyone's favorite well-developed villain Dilandau is still around. What would this series be without the deep rivalry between Van and him? Its really Dilandau's strong motivation and thoroughly explained backstory that make him fun to watch all the time.

More topics from this board

» Remember when people thought this was one of the greatest anime ever?

Schlockendale - Jan 13, 2022

18 by Arcanius7 »»
May 14, 4:37 PM

Poll: » Escaflowne Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

maLakai - Jan 12, 2009

118 by Lockensocke »»
Apr 8, 12:23 AM

Poll: » Escaflowne Episode 25 Discussion

kage-bunshin - Mar 22, 2009

22 by LotteGiants »»
Apr 7, 8:33 AM

Poll: » Escaflowne Episode 24 Discussion

kage-bunshin - Mar 22, 2009

36 by LotteGiants »»
Apr 7, 8:22 AM

Poll: » Escaflowne Episode 22 Discussion

kage-bunshin - Mar 20, 2009

15 by LotteGiants »»
Apr 6, 10:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.