Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Jan 25, 2014 5:38 PM
Oct 2013
Storylover1213 said:
What I wonder is how is Ghost Banri doing all this supernatural stuff? I really hope they explain this.

As for the hate on Ghost Banri, yes, he is a prick, but the guy acts like a human, just like all of us. We all have that urge of revenge. The good news is that he realizes that he was going too far, and saved the characters at the last second.

Yeah, I completely agree with you here. I dislike the ghost, but at least he's showing regret for his actions. I'm really eager to see how Banri's inner turmoil is finally sorted out. I hope the ghost side can just let it be...
Jan 25, 2014 5:43 PM
Dec 2013
GHOST BANRI YOU DONE FUCKED IT UP!
Jan 25, 2014 5:57 PM

Nov 2011
Ghost Banri sucks, I'm still not giving him any points for saving them if he did because really his the one who put them into that situation.

Great episode but get a grip Ghost Banri.
Jan 25, 2014 8:07 PM

Jul 2008
That was so stupid. Some part of Banri's consciousness doesn't have the power to make it rain or get them stuck in traffic.
Jan 25, 2014 8:51 PM
Jan 2013
Vooo said:
Koko is a psychotic bitch. Here stalker/jealous tendencies are off the chart. I almost feel like she still has something for Yana.

More Linda! Less Koko and Banri....
Bring back original Banri and kill off Koko+ imposter Banri.

Why are you so determined to hate Kouko? She can be over-the-top, but she is not a psychotic bitch.

To think of it, why are you still watching this show? It's obvious that this show centers around Banri and Kouko's relationship, and will end with them together.

By the way, it's not her having feelings for Yana. It's stated clearly that she's worried about Chinami.
Jan 25, 2014 8:53 PM
Jan 2013
Marow said:
wakka9ca said:
Marow said:
http://animeviking.com/2014/01/25/the-car-driving-in-golden-time-15-is-insane/

So, I had issues with this episode.

Swedish perspective doesn't count :)

At least he was not driving like they do in India.

Nooo ;_;

True, India is supposed to be... rather crazy.

God no. What if they ran into a freaking cow??
Jan 25, 2014 9:01 PM

Oct 2013
ricchan15 said:
Vooo said:
Koko is a psychotic bitch. Here stalker/jealous tendencies are off the chart. I almost feel like she still has something for Yana.

More Linda! Less Koko and Banri....
Bring back original Banri and kill off Koko+ imposter Banri.

Why are you so determined to hate Kouko? She can be over-the-top, but she is not a psychotic bitch.

To think of it, why are you still watching this show? It's obvious that this show centers around Banri and Kouko's relationship, and will end with them together.

By the way, it's not her having feelings for Yana. It's stated clearly that she's worried about Chinami.

I stated this in another discussion that her and Linda's roles have virtually been flipped. Before when Koko was acting crazy there were fans of hers defended her, now that Linda has been making mistakes it's the other way around. I've actually grown a liking to Koko, so I'm fine with the obvious pairing. They did good making Koko try to be a better character while staying true to her unconventional tendencies.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
Jan 25, 2014 9:27 PM

Jul 2013
I don't get the hate towards any of the characters. Not like any of them have done anything bad. I guess its mildly amusing watch people irrationally hate on someone because they ship a certain pairing.
Jan 25, 2014 9:31 PM

Mar 2012
Felt something was off at the start but they managed to enjoy their beach trip without trouble

Kouko really pissed in the preview
Jan 25, 2014 10:26 PM

Jul 2013
It got Better. That’s all I’m saying. Personally this anime was not my type but then because of the recent episode I raised it up a notch (more like conforming to society). Why? This episode concentrated more on the emotional and psychological drama with the ghost of the main character coming back to prevent a tragedy. It was fairly interesting but need to watch future plot devleopments to understand where it will go.
All war is deception. -Sun Tzu
Jan 25, 2014 11:26 PM

Jul 2008
Stormbringer101 said:
This episode concentrated more on the emotional and psychological drama with the ghost of the main character coming back to prevent a tragedy.

Personally, I think the ghost is a really weak plot device to keep the Linda/Koko/Banri love triangle alive. I also don't agree with the term "psychological drama". Banri isn't at war with himself over which girl to choose. Banri doesn't even have a choice which personality is in control. It is either his new self or the ghost sitting in the back seat. Not being aware that the ghost even exists doesn't make it dramatic. The ghost is really just mean, considering that the new Banri isn't doing anything to intentionally hurt him. The new Banri is trying to carve out a life for himself without ties to the past he doesn't understand, and the ghost decided to curse him for it.

I just get more and more annoyed every episode that the ghost is even a thing.
Jan 26, 2014 12:32 AM

Sep 2013
2D-kun's car conversation about Chinami :P

Fucking ghost has way to much power :/

Powerpuff girl sound effect when Banri entered rose mode 0_0

He seriously wore the toxic speedo :O

Koko had a flashy one too.

"That's the first time she's called me an idiot" It's a sign that they're growing, lol

Ghost Banri is regretting it now, they really really should of turned the radio on low or something.

Phew I was getting really anxious there.
Jan 26, 2014 1:34 AM

Apr 2012
THE PREVIEW LOOKED HELLA INTENSE. HELLA INTENSE.
things just got better between chinami and mitsuo???
i liked koko in this episode for once.
that car ride though. turn up some music so no one falls asleep... but seriously ghost banri. curses people and then regrets it later.
Jan 26, 2014 2:00 AM

May 2008
So after all, Chinami is a little bit awkward to Mitsuo because of the whole Linda thing.
Jan 26, 2014 2:05 AM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
Got some more happy moments in there, and jesus is this ghost Banri a god or what? Makes it rain, makes the 2D-kun tired, what did he expect?

Well, something's about to go down next episode, hopefully it's not something totally irrational that will make me want to rip out my hair.
Jan 26, 2014 2:20 AM
Dec 2013
I doubt Ghost Banri is actually controlling the weather and the other characters directly. That would be far too much power for him to wield. It's more likely the curse he originally gave them is producing bad luck.

As for Banri, you can't assume the original Banri is old news and the current Banri will be like this forever and ever. The vast majority of retrograde amnesiacs will recover their memories sooner or later. In reality, they're really confused individuals trying to piece their lives back together again and rediscovering themselves. The real kicker is when spontaneous recovery occurs and suddenly they have two sets of memories. Now the interesting thing is, from a third-person perspective, you would assume the "old" memories would be dumped for the "new," but it actually feels fresh for them as the brain will always try to repair itself as long as it still receives oxygenated blood. And what happens when you repair something? It tries to restore its condition to what it was before it was damaged. People who recover their memories have to reconcile both sets of memories in another mental "reset" of sorts after the first one. Only then have they truly found themselves again and stand at the crossroads of choosing the true path to take.
Jan 26, 2014 2:23 AM
Dec 2013
I doubt Ghost Banri is actually controlling the weather and the other characters directly. That would be far too much power for him to wield. It's more likely the curse he originally gave them is producing bad luck.

As for Banri, you can't assume the original Banri is old news and the current Banri will be like this forever and ever. The vast majority of retrograde amnesiacs will recover their memories sooner or later. In reality, they're really confused individuals trying to piece their lives back together again and rediscovering themselves. The real kicker is when spontaneous recovery occurs and suddenly they have two sets of memories. Now the interesting thing is, from a third-person perspective, you would assume the "old" memories would be dumped for the "new," but it actually feels fresh for them as the brain will always try to repair itself as long as it still receives oxygenated blood. And what happens when you repair something? It tries to restore its condition to what it was before it was damaged. People who recover their memories have to reconcile both sets of memories in another mental "reset" of sorts after the first one. Only then have they truly found themselves again and stand at the crossroads of choosing the true path to take.
Jan 26, 2014 11:30 AM
Nov 2013
Yes, that's right, Ghost Banri. You're going too far and we're real tired of your shit.

And you better not be awake again.

Next episode better have a good excuse or plot point that leads to all that (apparent) drama.
Jan 26, 2014 2:08 PM

Jan 2014
Ugh I just wish old banri would come back already and get rid of annoying overdramatic koko-san.
"I am not a friend of justice. I am an enemy of evil." - Senjougahara Hitagi
"What we see is reality, what we remember is an illusion." - Cloud Strife
Jan 26, 2014 2:35 PM

Sep 2013
holy crap the end part there was just so good
cannot WAIT for next ep now ugh cliffhangers ;_;
Jan 27, 2014 5:13 AM

Feb 2013
Looks like i will drop this anime because i want banri to end up with linda but looks like he will end up with koko
Jan 27, 2014 5:14 AM

Feb 2013
Looks like i will drop this anime because i want him to end up with Linda but i think he will end up with koko
Jan 27, 2014 7:13 AM
Feb 2013
Based on the preview, I think ghost Banri comes back and now present Banri remembers his past, that's why Koko was crying because I think Banri will say something about his past and feelings for Linda and hurt Koko's feelings and Nana gets mad at him for being and asshole, or something like that.
Jan 27, 2014 7:52 AM

Jul 2010
HybridMBL said:
Why does Ghost Banri suck so hard?
He's spineless, whiny, and overall an immature prick

Assuming the preview is about Kouko shutting herself in her room because she doesn't want to go to Barcelona and being pissed at Banri because he didn't tell her to stay

Or because she fell asleep at the wheel and nearly killed all of the people she cares about most, including the man she loves? I think that is more likely the reason for her shutting herself in her room. (I have wondered what lead to that since I saw the illustrations for volume 6 of the novels.)
Jan 27, 2014 3:50 PM

May 2011
Good episode! Glad they made the most out of the trip even with the rain and traffic.

I'm interested in which Banri woke up and stepped on the brake. Was it ghost Banri or the current Banri. I personally think it's ghost Banri because he knew what to do as soon as he regained consciousness.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 27, 2014 6:21 PM

Sep 2013
Gettin real tired of your BS Ghost Banri.
Jan 27, 2014 6:34 PM
Sep 2013
This series needs to hurry up and get somewhere.
Jan 27, 2014 8:31 PM

Sep 2010
anime_boss177 said:
Looks like i will drop this anime because i want banri to end up with linda but looks like he will end up with koko

Isn't that obvious? Look at the anime cover.
Jan 28, 2014 2:56 AM

Sep 2008
Nice episode. The car journey was interesting to watch. Really reminded me of the trips I've had to beaches when it started raining on the way.

Finally something is about to happen.

2D-kun best char.
Jan 28, 2014 4:33 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Episode enjoyable, but the cliffhanger had to be pretty darn best to shake your wrists! ^ ^ "
Plot-style Slice of Life but alternatively, I see a certain freshness in setting, narrative crazy (too much) and pleasant, a bit obnoxious Koko and Tada.
Drawings that border always dissatisfaction, animations despicable! D:
Vedamo as if the play next time.
Jan 28, 2014 9:05 AM

Jan 2014
sfaddic182 said:
anime_boss177 said:

if your only criteria is the girl main character ends up with i would suggest you to stop watching anime...you can try that dating sim games they show in every anime
Jan 28, 2014 9:40 AM

Sep 2013
lol someone posted an article pointing out everything wrong with the driving in this episode

Jan 28, 2014 10:06 AM

Jul 2013
I hate ghost-Banri -.-
Althougt episode was funny. Mitsuo looks hot in that hair XP
We're all mad here
Jan 28, 2014 12:13 PM

Oct 2013
asume5 said:
lol someone posted an article pointing out everything wrong with the driving in this episode

This is quite funny. Even though true you must remember it's anime. It doesn't have to make sense.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
Jan 28, 2014 3:54 PM

May 2009
anime_boss177 said:
Looks like i will drop this anime because i want him to end up with Linda but i think he will end up with koko

Wow, you were delusional if you tought this, this long.
Jan 28, 2014 5:20 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Enjoy the anime alot, Toradora is one of my favs, this anime is not as good so far, but it is really unique and different off Toradora, a bit more mature look to it, which I really enjoy and apreciate. And the last couple of minutes... that is serious, I was already predcting something (to much focus on driving the way back!), but it seems everything goes fine, and they prevented a major accident! About ghost banji, I hate him, and still I like him, seriously one of the unique aspetcs of the story is his true self/lost memories, now a wandering "ghost". I cant predict a end to this anime, what will happen to ghost banji?? Will banji stay with kouko or will his memories fully return making him back to lisa... definitly interesting.
Jan 29, 2014 1:36 AM

Sep 2011
I think Koko is crying in the preview because of the accident. C'mon she's the one driving so she'll most likely blame herself. I hope everyone's ok
pew pew pew
Jan 29, 2014 6:04 AM

Jan 2014
Not really a fan of Ghost Banri but I know how he feels. Still, it's not a reason to curse current Banri into these situations. However, this just goes to show how hard moving on is for everyone.

Hehe 2D-kun is like a grown up Keima who never met with devils~
Jan 29, 2014 10:18 PM

Jun 2012
Dammit man, I dunno why but that scene in the rain reminded me of this scene from Final Fantasy X:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5FTJxfV3pc
so freaking awkward. >_> This series seems to have a lot of those moments though. And was I the only who caught Banri grabbing Koko's breasts there? And then that his expression in the next frame...

I couldn't help but scoff at them being discouraged by the rain... storms are the most fun time to swim. If you're not dying, then what more could you ask for in terms of fun?

It's funny, this whole episode I was actually a bit disappointed in Ghost Banri... thinking there's plenty of worse things he should be doing if he's going to "haunt" Banri. I mean the occasional thorn in the side isn't exactly going to make him regret leaving him behind and choosing Koko. Near the end I was almost hoping for some Final Destination type stunts... but I did get some serious chills when he started screaming in an attempt to save them at the end, just goes to show that he didn't really lose his human side.

And lol @ people arguing over what could've happened if Ghost Banri didn't do the things he did. Such an unintelligent argument when the debate is "well this might have possibly had a chance of happening if said person didn't do this". And just for arguments sake, anyone saying they wouldn't have been as tired if it weren't for Banri has never been swimming... I live in Florida and I can say that spending all day at the beach, swimming under the sun would wear the hell out of anyone. Hell swimming all day period would be grueling enough, and playing in the rain would be nothing compared to it.

Besides all that, it's not like he forced them to decide to play in the rain... I'm pretty sure his idea was that they would simply have to cancel their plans. When it comes down to it, it was their decision to party to a late hour which in turn is why they fell asleep.
HalibelTheEspadaJan 29, 2014 10:21 PM
Jan 30, 2014 8:15 AM

Dec 2009
asume5 said:

That's me!~
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Jan 30, 2014 8:34 PM

Jun 2012
Marow said:
asume5 said:

That's me!~

- First, you probably just don't pay much attention to your hands when you drive, because even on a straight road you'll constantly have to straighten your wheels, especially on longer drives... you're never going to just perfectly line it up.

- I doubt they're sitting next to each other with safety in mind... it's because they're dating so obviously they're going to want to sit close to each other. Not to mention they know there's gonna be five people.

- Also, I think most ladies would keep their purse in their lap... else it would get stepped on.

- All I can say about "looking away for 6 seconds" is pshaw, with enough practice there's nothing wrong with it as long as you're paying attention... I look away for minutes at a time, it's good to be aware of everything... then again I don't really trust my mirrors so I'm used to turning around while driving.

.. but I guess that's just different views on how to drive, and I'm pretty carefree when it comes to following those kinds of regulations.. It sounded like you were half joking about it anyway, but I just couldn't help but respond there.
HalibelTheEspadaJan 31, 2014 1:38 PM
Jan 31, 2014 12:34 AM

Aug 2012
Such a sincere feeling for a beach episode: they decided to have fun even with the bad luck. Plus the near wreck made this episode really exciting. I love the conflict of interests dynamic between the two Banris. It adds a whole other element to the anime.

Easy 5/5
Jan 31, 2014 8:34 AM

Sep 2011
Ghost Banri, Y u such a douche?
Really, he of all people should know how it feels to have a broken heart and yet he tries to do the same thing to Kouko all the fucking time by forcing himself into Banris mind. I was so much like "IN YA FACE BITCH!" at the beginning when Banri declared his love for Kokou again. Serves the ghost right, ha!
Jan 31, 2014 8:46 AM

Sep 2011
sfaddic182 said:
anime_boss177 said:

Or the Openings.

Mushroommy said:
I hate ghost-Banri -.-

Yep, me too, with burning passion. He's just such a douche.
Jan 31, 2014 11:41 AM

Apr 2013
Blackbird said:
Well it was quite average I guess it was ghost Banri that tramp on the break when everything happen.
OMG that's dangerous it's quite obviously that everyone was tired.

I wonder why Kouko were crying of anger in the preview and Nana was angry at Banri.
Maybe the ghost banri came back. O_o

Don't go curse someone if you going to regret it later " Ghost Banri " :D

I agree.

Awesome episode. Ghost Banri is whiny and boring.
Jan 31, 2014 4:52 PM
Dec 2013
Looks like Koko is pissing off because of that. They are going to have a break up and looks like they go away each other.
Feb 2, 2014 4:05 AM

Jul 2012
Damn that ending it was lingering through the entire episode, which made it really tense.

Was a hard watch.
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Feb 2, 2014 3:49 PM

Jun 2012
DUDE I thought someone was going to die! =O I was a little worried ><

2D best char

Nice beach episode with the group of friends ^^

Feb 3, 2014 4:09 AM

Jan 2011
Few episodes ago: I'll curse you with a fate worse than death!!
This episode: Nooo Don't die!!!!

Conclusion: Ghost Banri doesn't know what he wants.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

891 by Nikmomo93 »»
May 6, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2013

290 by Profitgang »»
May 5, 8:47 AM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2014

268 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 30, 12:17 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2013

223 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 24, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2013

430 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 20, 12:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.