Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 22, 2014 11:59 AM

Jun 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
OH shit! The blew the earth away, lol.
By the way Saga, this is getting ridiculous. Tell the motherfucking others why you must see Athena already and fuck Hades hearing you. Although i can see how he would hear you since you seem to talk telepathically.
Jan 7, 2015 5:01 AM
May 2013
Monad said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
OH shit! The blew the earth away, lol.
By the way Saga, this is getting ridiculous. Tell the motherfucking others why you must see Athena already and fuck Hades hearing you. Although i can see how he would hear you since you seem to talk telepathically.

I hate when an anime ends with a cliffhanger , especially if is Saint Seiya because I won't know for sure if Milo, Mu and Aiolia are dead or not , i.e. when Saga (not sure if Saga or other side character ) was defeated for the 1st time I didn't know if he was really dead .
I hope I doesn't end like the last war.
Dec 27, 2018 1:52 AM

Jun 2016
The lack of posts in these threads is surprising to me. This episode toyed with my emotions in a way only one other anime has done and that is One Piece during

I was so teary eyed this entire episode, it went to the point of actual tears during the scene where the former gold saints realized Shaka was dead. Even the cold and brutal Shura who went up to mercy kill the presumed dead man walking froze in sadness when he realized that Shaka was already dead, he was annihilated by the Exclamation and it was his ghost that came back to send his dying words to Athena. The reveal was so good it was probably the most tangibly sad I've been when watching Saint Seiya. You could tell that finally the former gold saints couldn't hold their facade anymore as they realized what they had done, disrespected Athena's wishes and killed a friend. The whole speech Shaka gave about man's life being done in an instant was really beautiful and to no surprise his ghost passed while sitting under the tree like the myth foretold. This episode just really continued with how masterful the last was.

And they were right to hold their facade up this long. The butterfly left from Papillion stayed pursuing them as the eyes of Hades. Hades brought them back so presumably he could take them out with the snap of his fingers and if that happens before they make it to Athena all the horrors they've caused up until now would be for naught and perhaps something much worse could be in store. This is why I think they cannot be upfront with their goals here. However, if Dohko and Shion are still alive which I assume they are it appears perhaps the place they are is somewhere that they can be true to each other in and if that's so maybe we can look forward to the two legends of the last war coming together once again at some point... But, perhaps that's too much to ask for...

As soon as the former gold saints, each working as eyes, ears, and voice respectively, came face to face with the gold and bronze saints that is where my emotions went wild. Aioria and Miro's feelings on this are understandable. However, I cannot help but root for the former gold saints here, they killed Shaka and they know more than anyone, Athena included. I understand Miro and Aioria's feelings and Mu's self defense, clearly they cannot let someone through with the supposed intent to kill Athena. As they prepared to kill the former gold saints I shuddered, I yelled "NO!! Saga ignite your cosmos you can't let this all be for nothing!" But as soon as he counter attacked Miro with his Galaxian Explosion I realized what I had been wishing for and I regretted it. This is why I compared it to One Piece, that scene in particular had me tossing and turning in the same way, two sides of people who cannot help but fight where I can not hope for either to win. As Miro and Aioria attempt to take Saga's group out I beg for them not to die, but when they fight back I realize how before this war actually even gets past its first phases Saga's group will probably kill even more of these legendary saints. It's really quite wonderful how tragic this arc has been...

I particularly had my heart break when Saga told Aioria that he too would like him to avenge Shaka's death but for now he can't let that happen. In that line alone we know that Saga is ready to die, he wants to die and he wants to atone for what he's done, but until he meets Athena he cannot. I'm thinking about setting Saga as one of my favorite characters on MAL quite honestly.. I loved him in his Pope Arles role and what he represented and this arc has only pushed him along as one of my favorite "antagonists" ever.

To end on a lighter note, the line "Saga, have you forgotten something? There's 3 gold saints on this side too." was on the tier of Miro's line to Kannon after the test he gave him. I believe that, like the bronze saints once in the former gold saints position, they will still come out on top. We even had lines echoe the gold saints towards the bronze back then, "how can they still fight after all of this, what are they fighting for?", well, like back then with the bronze saints, Saga's group is fighting for Athena on a level the current gold saints cannot understand and fighting is the only way. Because they are the characters we can put our trust in and because they are fighting for her sake, presumably even more than the gold saints, I think they'll come out on top of this clash...
Dec 28, 2018 3:14 PM

Dec 2016
gfsdfgsdgsdfgs said:

As soon as the former gold saints, each working as eyes, ears, and voice respectively, came face to face with the gold and bronze saints that is where my emotions went wild. Aioria and Miro's feelings on this are understandable. However, I cannot help but root for the former gold saints here, they killed Shaka and they know more than anyone, Athena included. I understand Miro and Aioria's feelings and Mu's self defense, clearly they cannot let someone through with the supposed intent to kill Athena. As they prepared to kill the former gold saints I shuddered, I yelled "NO!! Saga ignite your cosmos you can't let this all be for nothing!" But as soon as he counter attacked Miro with his Galaxian Explosion I realized what I had been wishing for and I regretted it. This is why I compared it to One Piece, that scene in particular had me tossing and turning in the same way, two sides of people who cannot help but fight where I can not hope for either to win. As Miro and Aioria attempt to take Saga's group out I beg for them not to die, but when they fight back I realize how before this war actually even gets past its first phases Saga's group will probably kill even more of these legendary saints. It's really quite wonderful how tragic this arc has been...

Even if Aioria, Miro and the others don't know why these 3 are fighting against the sanctuary I thought it was great to see all these emotions after Shaka's death. Aioria was going Super Saiyan lmao.

gfsdfgsdgsdfgs said:

To end on a lighter note, the line "Saga, have you forgotten something? There's 3 gold saints on this side too." was on the tier of Miro's line to Kannon after the test he gave him. I believe that, like the bronze saints once in the former gold saints position, they will still come out on top. We even had lines echoe the gold saints towards the bronze back then, "how can they still fight after all of this, what are they fighting for?", well, like back then with the bronze saints, Saga's group is fighting for Athena on a level the current gold saints cannot understand and fighting is the only way. Because they are the characters we can put our trust in and because they are fighting for her sake, presumably even more than the gold saints, I think they'll come out on top of this clash...

I will always remember the moment I read this in the manga many years ago (before the OVA's). The only thing I could think was "Holy sh*t this is crazy!!".
Dec 28, 2018 7:10 PM

Jun 2016
Sparkyon said:

Even if Aioria, Miro and the others don't know why these 3 are fighting against the sanctuary I thought it was great to see all these emotions after Shaka's death. Aioria was going Super Saiyan lmao.

It really was. It was super interesting to see all of their different reactions to such horrible events.
Sparkyon said:

I will always remember the moment I read this in the manga many years ago (before the OVA's). The only thing I could think was "Holy sh*t this is crazy!!".

I couldn't help but shout when I realized what that line meant hahahahahahhahahah!!!!
Nov 19, 2022 8:15 PM

Apr 2016
It's not Saint Seiya without some intense crying, the pace got better when the trio threatened to unleash their power with their pose.
Feb 8, 2023 4:59 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
ATHENA EXCLAMATION !!!!!!!
張大です for 張大勇督察

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saint Seiya: The Hades Chapter - Sanctuary Episode 13 Discussion

Monad - Jan 23, 2014

10 by Fang_Tooth »»
Feb 1, 1:48 AM

Poll: » Saint Seiya: The Hades Chapter - Sanctuary Episode 12 Discussion

Monad - Jan 22, 2014

9 by wildhood »»
Sep 8, 2023 12:53 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya: The Hades Chapter - Sanctuary Episode 11 Discussion

Monad - Jan 22, 2014

7 by wildhood »»
Sep 6, 2023 8:23 AM

Poll: » Saint Seiya: The Hades Chapter - Sanctuary Episode 1 Discussion

EZSPECIAL - Jan 2, 2013

12 by wildhood »»
Jul 26, 2023 10:02 AM

Poll: » Saint Seiya: The Hades Chapter - Sanctuary Episode 9 Discussion

Monad - Jan 21, 2014

8 by iamKetranLang »»
Feb 7, 2023 5:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.