Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Mar 20, 2009 7:33 PM

Mar 2009
what an idiot...

he should of picked Minorin

Mar 20, 2009 7:43 PM

Jul 2008
I liked the bridge scene best even if they cut out the kiss. Leaving it out seems appropriate to me. Gives a bigger impact on the next episode if they kiss then.

And is Taiga older than Ryuuji? He said in two months they'd both be adults, so I assumed Taiga was already 18? Just curious. ^^

Mar 20, 2009 7:48 PM
Mar 2009
Nope they're both 17 right now.
Mar 20, 2009 8:01 PM

Sep 2008
Good god what an amazing episode! So we finally can see Ya-chans grandfather. I can't wait to see how they tie it all up in the final episode. I'm also gonna read the light-novels now, because this series is great.
The esteemed General Cow
Mar 20, 2009 8:18 PM

Aug 2007
Kaiserpingvin said:
Ahahaha. Oh wow, the pseudopsychology regarding reelationships here is even funnier than Lacanian theory.

To the whole "debate" on relationships, a few tips: [citation needed], remember that the onus is on you, stop overgeneralizing, stop committing outrageous logical errors, stop extrapolating from narrow samples, take into account that humans - shocking as it may be - in fact are more than their libido. That'd be a start, at any case.

This website is not a psychology journal, so I fail to realize why citations are needed. Obviously, if it was, I`d give you them. You bear the burden of proof regarding my "outrageous logical errors." You also have no idea how "narrow" or wide my samples are, and I was certainly not claiming that people are only ruled by their libido.

ironchefflip said:
So then if this theory of yours is based solely on your own experiences, you have no ground to make sweeping generalizations of how guys view friendships with girls. So you cannot claim with irrefutable evidence that I am wrong that men and women can be friends. Therefore it can be possible for a platonic friendship to happen regardless of your platter theory.

Of course, there is the possibility of a platonic friendship, as there are always exceptions to the "rules" as far as human behavior is concerned. This isn`t a mathematical/scientific theory after all. The point is that those relationships are the exception rather than the norm.

ironclefflip said:
I'm disinclined to agree with you. Can I ask what act(s) symbolizes the start of the friend zone period and the end of "do I like him or not?" period to help clarify it for me? Because nearly half a school year seems like a long time to not think of someone as a friend while hanging out with them while trying to ask out another guy.

My point is that there is no "start of the friend zone period" for Taiga. Deep down, she always liked him more than a friend. If you mean what made her start to realize she liked him, then I`d say it was the Ami beach house arc, with her being ok about the dream they both had. Hints before that episode which she was clueless about include: being happy that he called her "Taiga," the whole bit during her confession to Kitamura, being happy he ate her nasty cookies, and saving him during the pool arc.
Mar 20, 2009 8:30 PM

Nov 2007
Poor Yasuko, I never thought that Ryuuji could be this stubborn and would think irrationally based only on emotions. 2/5
Mar 20, 2009 9:00 PM

Aug 2008
Holy fuck you people.

Sorry there. I just wish there was an easy way to read and comprehend 11 pages of tl;dr posts.

Anyways, don't know if anyone suggested this (I'm not reading the entire topic)... but when Minorin said she had to talk to Ami... well, MinorinxAmi would kinda sum it all up nicely...

But WTFH those two elope at fucking seventeen.

Huh.
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Mar 20, 2009 9:10 PM

Jul 2008
I was entertaining the idea of MinorinXAmi myself. Even know Ami X Ryuuji would of been better. Or Ryuuji X Yasuko.
Three Thousand Realms in a Single Moment
Mar 20, 2009 9:24 PM

Apr 2008
OhGoddd, that was beautiful. ;__;
I loved that, at the beginning of the episode, Minori held her fist up to Ryuuji's mouth, and then you see her kiss it when he leaves. Adorable.

And, of course, Taiga and Ryuuji.<3

But Ryuuji saying all of that stuff to his mother made me, "OH, SNAPPPPP!" like, give times. rofl.

What an amazzzing show. Wonder how it will end. :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 20, 2009 9:25 PM
Oct 2007
Holland_Kai said:
Or Ryuuji X Yasuko.

What the ... that's sick. :x
Mar 20, 2009 9:26 PM
Jan 2009
wakka9ca said:

This is partially the reason why I am writing this.

I'm tickled to see a xkcd comic in this thread.

I couldn't understand Ryuuji's decision to elope and get married either. But at least he realises it when he mentioned that if he ran away, he'll stay a child forever. And in a nice ironic twist, Yasuko ran away herself. With Inko-chan for company too, it's like a girl bringing her teddy-bear along.

Honestly, I'll be left with a bad taste in my mouth if the anime ended just like that, with them eloping and getting married and making puppies ala their shared dream. I'm quite confident that the last episode will bring about something good, though.
Mar 20, 2009 9:55 PM

Feb 2008
Absolutely amazing! Ryuuji loves Taiga! They want to elope! This is an amazing anime, 10/10 from me and there is still one episode to go.
Mar 20, 2009 10:13 PM

Aug 2008
I didn't watch crappy subs. I was referring to one of the first posts.

But Ryuuji is still an ASS for treating Ya-chan that way. Seriously, how can you say that to your own mother, much less someone who's so darling and kawaii?
Romance comedy anime - Japan's gift to America
Mar 20, 2009 11:06 PM
Jan 2008
i was expecting ami to cry along with minori.=/ guess thats a let down. for those who didn't notice. Ryuuji's crush on minori is not any normal crush. you just have to rewatch the 1st episode. I hope theres a anime creator that can make a better anime without using the chibi ending. soon... -___-. i just don't find chibi characters to be that "cute or moe".
Mar 20, 2009 11:27 PM
Oct 2007
mcjazzman32 said:
I didn't watch crappy subs. I was referring to one of the first posts.

But Ryuuji is still an ASS for treating Ya-chan that way. Seriously, how can you say that to your own mother, much less someone who's so darling and kawaii?

when your mother is in psychocrazy mode because you just worked TWO days while she was sick, it's kinda understandable...

ummyeah said:
OhGoddd, that was beautiful. ;__;
I loved that, at the beginning of the episode, Minori held her fist up to Ryuuji's mouth, and then you see her kiss it when he leaves. Adorable.

yeah this scene was very nice.. kinda shows how the rest of the episode was bad..
Mar 20, 2009 11:48 PM

Jul 2008
She didnt go psycocrazy, she was just a little upset. And it wasnt just for working a couple days. He lied to her and told her she had gotten fired and then worked in her place.
Three Thousand Realms in a Single Moment
Mar 21, 2009 12:21 AM
Jun 2008
toradora sucks so much... i cant believe people like this boring ****
Dont be a chitogetard!!!!
Mar 21, 2009 1:53 AM

Jun 2008
finally, ryuuji realised that he <3 taiga. what a sloooowwww guy. but eh, he done it, finally ^.^

damn, cant wait for the finale :)
Mar 21, 2009 2:02 AM

Oct 2008
They could at least include a conversation where Taiga asks when did Ryuuji started having feelings for her. I suppose, up to the bridge moment, she had no idea that he had feelings for her. The show made it seem as if Ryuuji had more feelings for Minroin than Taiga so I see where some users are coming from.
Mar 21, 2009 2:19 AM

Sep 2008
that was quite a shock instead of the tipical "i love you" ryuuji was more original to say "in 2 months marry me"
well i surely didnt expected ya-chan to be so mad or for ryuuji to shout at her
wow minorin savings for all life WTF a girl with over 20 jobs full salary....a fortune
it reminded me of clannad , they are going to marry even with out kissing hhe

best episode so far they even explained the opening
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Mar 21, 2009 4:16 AM

Aug 2008
It's too much for 1 episode... I expected a greater scene... But I didn't predicted the episode 24 to be like this I expected better but it's okay since I am a fan Of Ryuuji And Taiga couple... I wonder how will this anime ends.... I pretty sure it would turn out okay...

^^
My Grandmother Always said.. He who walks through the path of heaven will rule over everything..

Mar 21, 2009 5:51 AM
Jul 2018
Another great episode. It even had its own share of comedy, although a lot of the episode was pretty serious. I'm surprised that they are going to get married so soon though.
Mar 21, 2009 6:06 AM

Jan 2008
That was.....kinda unexpected really. Stuff the "I love you" and replace it with "Marry me". Running from home and with the support from everyone was unexpected too. I mean, what they retarded? Using some common sense, who thinks it's okay for a high school couple to run away permanently? Fine if they think that, but Minori was quick to give away her life savings and Ami who was initially against the idea gave them the key to her villa anyway?
Mar 21, 2009 6:43 AM

Feb 2008
Regardless of whatever happens in Toradora, I will still hate Minorin.

And this episode strongly reminded me of Clannad After Story with Tomoya's proposal. The situation is eerie because it's almost the same exact thing.
People are strange, when you're a stranger
Mar 21, 2009 7:26 AM

Jan 2009
Great episode. Nice to see another anime couple getting married... Also nice animation. And Ryuji saying: "She ran away, she's such a child"... ^_^ One ep to go
Mar 21, 2009 8:03 AM

Jan 2009
Oh god, this is EPIC !!

Ryuuji finally realize his feelings toward taiga. When everything goes well, one final problem come, their parents. I really curious where did Yasuko run away.

I really shocked when Ryuuji asked Taiga to marry her. Man, this is getting better and better each episode !!

Poor Minorin, cried after dumped by Ryuuji & Taiga (I always prefer RyuujixMinorin from the start). She become friends with Ami ! Yay !

One more episode to go !
Mar 21, 2009 8:21 AM

Oct 2006
Good to know that I'm not the only one whose thoughts drifted during the Ami and Minorin scenes, then. lol
Mar 21, 2009 8:26 AM

Dec 2007
Ryuuji was a little harsh towards Yasuko, but I guess he can't accept have her work very hard just for his sake.

But, why are they running? Couldn't they come up with a better solution that that? and now all of a sudden they're getting married to?

Too many things are happening at once. Hopefully some things are resolved in the final episode.
[color=#3399CC]All credit goes to Daika-san.
[/color]
Mar 21, 2009 9:11 AM

Jul 2008
I went ahead and rewatched this episode with the better subs and a little bit more objectivity in my judgment. The more coherent subs definitely did make a difference in how intelligible the whole episode was, the whole second half of the episode made a lot more sense as well as the argument with Yasuko.

Anyways, I guess slipping 2 whole scores on the second to last episode might be a little harsh so I'm going to keep it at a 9 and just make my final judgment after next weeks episode.

Still though, I have a hard time getting my mind over the fact they tried the whole running away and eloping bit. I'm hoping(like some previous member stated) that his grandparents will talk some sense into them.

Also, this episode could have been easily split in 2 to make more sense. 1st half being the events that lead up to Taiga and Ryuuji's confessions, 2nd half involving all the events after the confessions leading up to the arrival at the grandparents. I don't know if the LN's went nearly that fast, but(like half the members have already said) the episode was almost just a blur because of how fast it went.
DefianceMar 21, 2009 9:19 AM
Mar 21, 2009 9:20 AM

Feb 2009
Too much to say..

But I'll just say..Great episode!!!!

TaigaxRyuuji
Mar 21, 2009 9:54 AM

Mar 2008
This episode made me say WTF.
Seriously.
Elope and marry?
Seriously?
That fast?
This episode was too weird for me lol
I hope the final episode makes me feel a little better.
Mar 21, 2009 10:24 AM

Jun 2008
This episode was almost too amazing, I pitied Minorin' but her words were great. Any scene with Ryuuji and Taiga was cute, I'm loving this. Epic. I can't wait for the final episode. People complaining about 'moving on too fast', they're just as confused as you are. They're being reckless and soon they'll realize they don't have to run, people need to really calm down. Goodness.

Hahaha, Ami x Minorin bff'z. <3 I love Toradora! and Ami, she finally got some good screentime.
Mar 21, 2009 10:36 AM
Mar 2009
Shadowmancer said:
This episode made me say WTF.
Seriously.
Elope and marry?
Seriously?
That fast?
This episode was too weird for me lol
I hope the final episode makes me feel a little better.

I think it's understandable why Ryuuji wanted to marry her. I think he believed that thru marriage, they'll be regarded as an adult and as such being able for them to be independent, without anyone interfering or worrying about them.

Besides, Taiga doesn't really have a family to go back to...so yeah...marry?

Hahaha!

But this episode was rather...awwwwwww....*melts*
Mar 21, 2009 10:38 AM
Dec 2008
people are taking the marriage thing seriously

rofl

because things changed so quickly, they made quick, stupid decisions, that's it, if you think they'll stick with the marriage/running away plan, you're DUMB

i hope i'm not going to eat my own words after next episode.
Mar 21, 2009 10:42 AM
Jan 2009
Prayermad said:
people are taking the marriage thing seriously

rofl

because things changed so quickly, they made quick, stupid decisions, that's it, if you think they'll stick with the marriage/running away plan, you're DUMB

i hope i'm not going to eat my own words after next episode.

Normally I like to see people eat their own words but I'm really really hoping you won't have to this time. =)
Mar 21, 2009 10:56 AM
Dec 2007
Wow, the first 7 minutes before the opening were absolutely terrific in terms of direction and dramatization. I don't particularly like Ryuuji x Taiga but I must admit it was really the best thing that could happen to the series. After that, the confession was perfectly anticlimactic, the series then took a realistic turn in a very straightforward approach and everything simply felt right. We have to remember that Toradora! is very different from a lot of "basic" comedy romance shows that try to end like a fairytale with the nice prince meets the nice princess and they live happily together and have a lot of children, and that's what makes it great. Honestly, this episode gave me faith in Toradora! once again (not that I really lost it anyway) and I'm not sure anymore if 9/10 is enough to rate this series accurately. Let's wait for the last episode.

HoaRy said:
Nosebleed is the soul's sweating.
Tears are the soul's nosebleeding.
Yep, that and Minorin is a fantastic character and has always been ;)

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Mar 21, 2009 11:03 AM

Aug 2007
aero said:
That was.....kinda unexpected really. Stuff the "I love you" and replace it with "Marry me". Running from home and with the support from everyone was unexpected too. I mean, what they retarded? Using some common sense, who thinks it's okay for a high school couple to run away permanently? Fine if they think that, but Minori was quick to give away her life savings and Ami who was initially against the idea gave them the key to her villa anyway?

This.

Also, seriously, why would you take Minorin's life savings without even batting an eyelash? And then being that harsh towards Yasuko... Jesus Christ I wanted to punch Ryuuji in the face (though to be fair, he did realize what he had said right after). I wouldn't be surprised if that was enough to break his mom. >.>

Episode was made of blargh mehness.

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Mar 21, 2009 1:12 PM

Oct 2007
how lame was that i mean really. they finally know each others feelings and lets run away. looks like we may be getting another cliched ending
Mar 21, 2009 1:12 PM

Jul 2007
And so, with Ep. 24, Toradora has officially shot itself in the foot.

*deep breath*

You know, I didn't get why people were complaining last week. I thought it was great that Minorin had finally had it with Takasu, but see here's the problem. Minorin's a little hypocrite, demanding Takasu be open with her feelings when A. she herself isn't, and B. when she is and she tells Taiga she wants to see what she can do, she effectively breaks her promise and gives up as if she never even cared. Regardless of what she is, she is still an arrogant bitch who gives Taiga everything she wants. I have no more respect for Minorin. She got what she deserved.

Ami.... Ami, I can't believe you didn't say anything. You're the god damm voice of reason in this series, and you encouraged them?! You betrayed your position and let them be idiots when the whole series you were trying to get them all to see what idiots they were. I have no more respect for you as well.

Kitamura. Way to be entirely useless again.

Yasuko, show some god damm gratitiude. Your son, unlike thousands of other high school students around the world, actually gives a damm about your well-being. At last f*cking acknowledge it! But no, you can't even do that. You just run away. Good lord, you do need help.

Takasu... Takasu, will you shut the f*ck up already? Do you have any idea what you're saying? What you're planning to do? You're the luckiest little snot on the goddamm island to have such dumbass friends that they'll just throw money at you to do what you've been planning for TEN FUCKING MINUTES, but for a guy who supposedly has a bright future, I can't believe you want to throw it all away for a girl... listen to yourself, do you realize what a selfish prick you sound like? "Run away with me! I don't care that we have no future, just as long as I can be with you!" You two are just going to end up like every other couple that's thought they knew best. Miserable.

Last but not least, Taiga... holy f*cking god, I don't even know where to begin with you. You've always been an spoiled little bitch but never to this extent. "I don't fit in with my family so I never want to see them again. I want to be with you, Ryuuji, though I say I don't care who you choose even though I really do. Can you see how frustrating living with me is going to become? Of course not, because you're an idiot, so I can get away with all this beating around the bush tsundere romance, whereas any other man would have probably pushed me down the stairs at this point." You feel entitled to everything you want and you're positively ungrateful when you get it. You haven't found happiness because nothing's ever going to be good enough for you.

[/rant]

This show is dead in the water. I'm only finishing it because I've already come this far.
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Mar 21, 2009 1:23 PM

Feb 2009
I, too, felt that this episode was moving way too fast. I'd expected something a little more well planned, but I guess it's because they fucked up last episode a little.

Ya-chan crying was a no no. I thought it was a little out of character for Ryuuji to say such harsh thing to Ya-chan, even if he's finally had it over the topic.

The running away was like, WTF?!...Seriously, what the hell, they've just confessed and now wedding bells are ringing and a run-away on the way... Honestly, what are they doing? And how are they planning to finish this off...

Judging by the whole watch thing, the grandparent must be of the mother's side. I guess we are going to have to learn a little past from Ya-chan. And I guess, it's a little like, past repeated, since Ya-chan, too, ran away from home. This is going to be another compact episode/ending.

Cannot wait for the last, but wish it didn't have to end. I want a second season, someone make a petition and I'll jump on board!
Mar 21, 2009 1:55 PM

Sep 2007
I hate you all.

Fast paced? No! The past 8 episodes have been two slow! This episode had perfect pacing.
Mar 21, 2009 2:43 PM

Nov 2008
Really, I did not expect this at all.
Ryuuji just suddently blurting out: 'Lets get married!'.
(Hello, you're only 17?) They're not even in a relationship yet.

I'm really wondering how the final episode will be, as the preview shows them visiting his fathers? grandparents..
Mar 21, 2009 3:30 PM

Jun 2007
Alexstratz said:
So in Japan you can't play baseball if you're a girl. Okay...

The USA has this rule also.You can olny play softball. Makes me mad. I mean theres no stopping you from playing on your own but in school girls have to play softball and I think even in the olympics.
ani__Mar 21, 2009 3:40 PM

I've Been Watching Anime for 20 years now. Can you beat that?
Mar 21, 2009 3:48 PM

Sep 2007
desolato said:
Really, I did not expect this at all.
Ryuuji just suddently blurting out: 'Lets get married!'.
(Hello, you're only 17?) They're not even in a relationship yet.

Oh, they've practically been living together for 24 episodes (which is almost a year, right?). That's plenty of time. They've just been in denial that they're actually in love with each other.

ani said:
The USA has this rule also.You can olny play softball. Makes me mad. I mean theres no stopping you from playing on your own but in school girls have to play softball and I think even in the olympics.
Not to seem ignorant, but is there a difference between baseball and softball, other than the size of the ball and the way you pitch?
Mar 21, 2009 4:37 PM

Jun 2007
linx_sr said:
I Hated it , i was hoping it would end more like Ryuuji and Minori , god is my witness I'm not watching the last episode....
Loved it, I was so happy when Ryuji announced that Taiga was going to be his bride, god as my witness I'm not watching the last episode...
Check out my podcast here
Mar 21, 2009 5:56 PM

Jun 2007
That episode was great but it felt a little rushed. One second Taiga is running away from everyone and then the next second she's getting ready to run away with Ryuuji and get married :/. I wasnt expecting something as childish as that to happen in this episode. I was really hoping for just a defined confession and then have the drama show at the end....I guess they cant do that since theres only one ep left :(.

O well overall was a great episode.

Heres the latest relationship chart.
Mar 21, 2009 5:57 PM

Oct 2006
naikou said:
ani said:
Not to seem ignorant, but is there a difference between baseball and softball, other than the size of the ball and the way you pitch?

Is that like totally beside the goddamn point?
Mar 21, 2009 6:02 PM

Aug 2008
I adored to see the Ryuuji presenting Taiga like his fiancee!
;)
Great episode!
Mar 21, 2009 6:03 PM

Mar 2008
naikou said:
I hate you all.
oh LLLOOOLLL xDDD
but actually, that's the most precise words to describe the atmosphere in this thread so far.. total hatred... I'd say the comments in this thread are much more overcliched that any romance anime's been cliche before ^^

anyway,
I ought to cry here something:
Ryuuji and Taiga ARE NOT RUNNING AWAY!!!! OPEN YOUR EYES ALREADY!!!

Ryuuji said:

00:20:13 If I run away...
00:20:17 Even after my birthday...
00:20:20 I'll still be a kid.
00:23:23 We're not escaping, we're...

The reason Ryuuji's going to his grandparents is different than running away. I'm not spoiling it, but it is differenet and it's crystal clear. Moreover, I'm convinced that Ryuuji told Taiga about it during the train trip (right after his words at 00:22:54 "Listen, Taiga...").
Mar 21, 2009 6:12 PM
Apr 2008
So basically this dumbass Ryuuji falls into the river and then guess what happens...his fucking phone still works! this anime sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jk jk

<3 Toradora

edit: and i am not in favor of this pairing. minorin was cool. ;o
Pages (11) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Best Toradora girl? (Repost)

JustSomeone15 - Yesterday

19 by Pepino_curt0 »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Davison - Oct 15, 2008

238 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 25, 6:56 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sonja - Mar 25, 2009

1109 by Laylabc »»
Apr 24, 10:15 PM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Davison - Oct 8, 2008

304 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 24, 7:39 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Hakkai - Oct 1, 2008

403 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 24, 7:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.