Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 21, 2014 7:53 AM

Jun 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol. This guy was weak as fuck when he was fighting for Poseidon so how come he suddenly became all scary under Athena.
It seems serving Athena gives you boost power, lol.
Mar 11, 2016 8:07 PM

May 2009
So Athena just forgave Kanon just like that?! I mean no backstory on how they did this, just "were allies now".
Other than that, I forgive him because of those man tears and Milo finally accepting him.
Also, what's with Hyoga covering his eye? To honor Issac maybe?
Nov 26, 2018 11:37 AM

Dec 2016
Monad said:

Lol. This guy was weak as fuck when he was fighting for Poseidon so how come he suddenly became all scary under Athena.
It seems serving Athena gives you boost power, lol.

We know that Kanon, when he was fighting for Poseidon, fought for petty motives, wanted to dominate the world. He was virtually humiliated by Ikki, and placed below marinas, like Sorento. And in the vision of some more extremely daring, even of Chrysaor Krishna. In addition, Kanon wore a Scale (which is probably weaker than a Gold Cloth), and was not even his own.

Here Kanon regrets his sins. He resisted Milo's needles, indirectly confronted his brother Saga. He became a legitimate Gold Saint.

In my opinion, Kanon when he was a Marina probably did not have the level of the remaining gold saints. Even being overshadowed by Sorento (the only one that at the time, in my opinion, had a power level similar to the gold saints). Ikki said back then that Saga was completely superior to Kanon (Ikki fought both of them).

Now I believe that Kanon's power and cosmo has grown in an overwhelming way, when he starts to fight for Athena, even awakening the Seventh Sense alone.

And about the great controversy Kanon vs Sorento.
Here is my opinion:

Sorento »» Kanon (Sea Dragon)
Kanon (Gemini) »» Sorento

(sorry for quoting you Monad but this forum deserves more posts :D).
SparkyonNov 26, 2018 11:42 AM
Nov 28, 2018 3:20 AM

Jun 2016
This episode was one of my favorite episodes in all of Saint Seiya. I have shivers right now. That was incredible! I loved Kanon in the Poseidon arc after all was said and done and now he's become one of my favorite Gold Saints easily.....

Kanon denied reality. He felt Athena's cosmos save him time and time again and he didn't realize it was her. When confronted he denied the truth. He was a coward and as we know cosmos is derived from justice and with that he was weak and humiliated. HE DIDN'T GET A LEGITIMATE FIGHT EVEN THOUGH HE WAS THE HEAD VILLAIN! He collapsed on his knees for the waves to crush him, alone, weak, defeated. Ikki and Siren told him he was worthless, not even worth fighting. And in the moment the waves rushed at him he was forced to realize the truth he'd been denying. That Athena is the great goddess they say she is. That she has protected him time and time again and even shown him warmth as he tried to kill her and her saints. She must have known he was a good person and gave him all the time he needed to finally let that side of him out. And, it worked.

To atone to Athena he decided to take up the role as the Gemini saint. Something that even his brother Saga cried over. He's finally woken up from the evil hazing his mind and become good. That's something I bet Saga never thought would happen(this just about proved that the traitorous gold saints are fighting for an ulterior motive to me by the way). But, even then, when confronted with Miro he was reminded that not everyone is as kind as Athena. He shed so much blood under his control. No way the surviving gold saints would accept him. And, when facing this fact, he allows Miro to do whatever Miro see's fit. He doesn't fight back, or try to defend himself. He could win but he accepts defeat to atone for his sins. He opened his arms wide to accept a killing blow. When he realized that no matter what he does he cannot atone for what he's done so simply he accepted one of the most painful experiences from one of the most brutal saints.

I think the tortuous scene of him being shot time and time again wasn't just a way to sell his change to the saints but also to the viewer. It was horrible and painful and disgusting but he kept taking more. Until the final killing blow which ended up being a fake to stop his bleeding. This is exactly what happened to Hyoga and I thought it may occur here but thinking further I thought Miro may be too hateful of Kanon to give him the same honorable treatment. But, man, was I so happy he did! The lines

"Are you not worried about leaving Athena with an enemy?"
"The enemy is no longer here, only my comrade."

were the moment I started to compulsively shiver with the awesomeness that just transpired. Seeing the resolve to die to atone, the strength for him to take so much pain willingly, that was enough to allow Miro to decide to let him live and accept him as a gold saint. The scene didn't even end being perfect there... When Miro left and thought about how they will probably die soon and that was simply an extension of his life I couldn't take it. Miro is such a great character. Most of the gold saints are. They are all ready to die at any moment. The kindness he gave to the newfound comrade was in another way a goodbye. Brutal....

P.S. I was really mad at first when Babel was one of the saints to turn on Hyoga, if I am right about that, because I always loved how in Babel's first death he was happy. He realized that Athena was truly on his opponents side. So, when the traitorous silver saints showed Hyoga that it was a test as their dying words, "you've grown strong" with a smile I was so happy. Surely, not all silver saints would be traitors that easily!
narulovesramen said:
Also, what's with Hyoga covering his eye? To honor Issac maybe?

I assumed Isaac had permanently damaged his eye even though he said he hadn't. Reading this wowed me because it would make much more sense for him to give up his eye willingly to honor Isaac.... that is so awesome. ; - ;
Nov 29, 2018 11:44 PM

Dec 2015
@gfsdfgsdgsdfgs He indeed lost his eye during Isaac's encounter when he offered the chance to burst it (for the loss of Isaac's eye).
I 'm not sure about the anime anymore, but since the OAVs more or less negate TV changes (no Crystal, no Asgard, etc) despite modifying its own course (Bronze more present, Silver Saints added, Shiryu's "fight" removed and new final fight), it's probably one of the corrections.
Nov 30, 2018 1:17 AM

Jun 2016
Rei366 said:
@gfsdfgsdgsdfgs He indeed lost his eye during Isaac's encounter when he offered the chance to burst it (for the loss of Isaac's eye).
I 'm not sure about the anime anymore, but since the OAVs more or less negate TV changes (no Crystal, no Asgard, etc) despite modifying its own course (Bronze more present, Silver Saints added, Shiryu's "fight" removed and new final fight), it's probably one of the corrections.

I have to admit, despite me not mentioning it, the way it showed Camus teaching Hyoga in Siberia made me realize this was probably going to be that way! Thanks.
Oct 20, 2022 8:04 AM

Apr 2016
Everybody being so dramatic, loved it.

It so heartwarming watching Hyoga do his whole iconic movements.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saint Seiya: The Hades Chapter - Sanctuary Episode 13 Discussion

Monad - Jan 23, 2014

10 by Fang_Tooth »»
Feb 1, 1:48 AM

Poll: » Saint Seiya: The Hades Chapter - Sanctuary Episode 12 Discussion

Monad - Jan 22, 2014

9 by wildhood »»
Sep 8, 2023 12:53 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya: The Hades Chapter - Sanctuary Episode 11 Discussion

Monad - Jan 22, 2014

7 by wildhood »»
Sep 6, 2023 8:23 AM

Poll: » Saint Seiya: The Hades Chapter - Sanctuary Episode 1 Discussion

EZSPECIAL - Jan 2, 2013

12 by wildhood »»
Jul 26, 2023 10:02 AM

Poll: » Saint Seiya: The Hades Chapter - Sanctuary Episode 10 Discussion

Monad - Jan 22, 2014

6 by iamKetranLang »»
Feb 8, 2023 4:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.