Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 22, 2015 1:40 PM
Jun 2014
After amazing Date vs Super Champ, this feels utterly uninteresting!
Oct 31, 2015 8:56 AM
Nov 2014
Yamada you dirty cunt.
Mar 27, 2016 11:41 PM

Aug 2013
I can already tell this will be my least favorite fight in the series. At this stage Ippo should be fucking destroying guys like this. This bullshit of him being dull or whatever is so forced and stupid. So you're saying this random rookie has this magical sharpness about him that's stronger than the guy who beat fucking Sendo? Give me a break

Really hope this fight ends at the halfway point of next ep so we can move on. After Kimura, Miyata, and Date's amazing fights, this is a complete letdown.
DicklesworthMar 28, 2016 12:41 AM
Jun 30, 2016 8:10 PM

Jan 2013
No, I knew Ippo would have to struggle
Dec 19, 2017 5:13 PM

Jun 2015
loled dem tricks. Ippo has to get his act and win this fight.
I would like to know Geromichi's backstory of the past 2 years and why&how he has the appearance he has now. Also why did he go bald and shave the eyebrows and the left ear. Hope it shows next ep.
Aug 10, 2018 2:07 PM

Mar 2017
And just when I thought Ippo had some character development happening... and wtf why is Yamada cheating? Didn't he want to prove to his senpai that he became stronger and learned a lot? He learned how to be a cheating asshole is what he did. Ippo shouldn't show any respect to that dickhead by pulling his punches.

Both of these fighters are aggravating me.
Jun 17, 2019 5:27 AM

Jul 2015
Seems like Ippo is finally learning what it means to be a pro, it's something he would need in order to fight Martinez.

But damn, didn't expect gero-michi to cheat, but it is expected since he litteraly climbed his way up by being a cannon fodder.

Mar 13, 2020 3:17 AM

May 2015
UUUU barfmichi is playing dirty!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Mar 19, 2021 6:51 AM

May 2016
Nao is no doubt putting up more than a good fight against Ippo by expertly exploiting every opportunity that shows itself. He better take things seriously now!

Aug 12, 2021 8:47 PM

Aug 2018
Ugh, ofc he is cheating now... way to make me hate Gero-michi even more. Please, Ippo, knock him out!

Dec 8, 2021 7:03 AM

Dec 2007
though ippo tries to rush things, he at least gives his punch.
lol at the coach, study ippo now what is the means of being pro?

just hate gero michi now. i hope ippo will man up and crush him up.
May 19, 2022 11:11 AM

Jul 2016
Frustrating episode to watch. Ippo should be rolling through this guy, cheating or not.
Oct 12, 2022 4:03 AM
Jun 2021
am the only one who skipped this fight , while others like miyata takamura are moving forward and getting stronger , only ippo is going backward and getting weaker. at this rate i think he might retire soon since he is having difficulty in every fight small or big.
Jan 10, 2023 7:05 PM

Apr 2022
loved when ippo was being ruthless and geromichi still being an asshole, resorting to dirty moves.
Mar 20, 2023 5:23 AM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Yea this is getting a bit dumb. How tough and strong Yamada is out of nowhere. Plus the annoying underhanded tactics. Sigh.

And the “Hammer Nao” nickname cmon…
Apr 14, 12:48 PM
Nov 2022
good good very good
Apr 22, 12:58 PM
Feb 2023
In sharp contrast to the first quarter of this season, these episodes have sucked. We've gone from quality fight after quality fight (Miyata x Arnie, Eiji x Ricardo) to Ippo fighting the annoying, snot-nosed tagalong trainee from the latter half of the 2000's show.

The character is bad and boring, and the fight itself is predictable and speaks to a larger issue I have with Hajime no Ippo (in all its forms). Every single fight with Ippo MUST feature some kind of reversal KO, or involve him going through the fire with an opponent, even if he's drastically better than them. Ippo won't lose this fight, but it feels formulaic - Yamada will have his moment to shine, gain Ippo's admiration, then be cut down and lose by his hand.

I get Yamada's arc from a writing standpoint but the character just isn't interesting enough to occupy such runtime, especially when you've had such big league fights between incredible characters so far. It's just a let down comparatively.

I'd have appreciated it more if the fight spanned three minutes and involved a Round 1 Knockout from Ippo. I appreciate the fight is used as a narrative device to move Ippo from being soft-hearted in the ring into a Competitor unclouded by moral scruples in the midst of a bloody match, but did that development *have* to occur in *this* match, with *this* opponent, in *this* formulaic a fashion? I personally don't think so.

Uninteresting opponent, uninteresting fight, will skip it on re-watch.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo: New Challenger Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ParaParaJMo - Jun 30, 2009

127 by UncleWinkleDink »»
Yesterday, 7:23 PM

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo: New Challenger Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ParaParaJMo - Jun 16, 2009

140 by UncleWinkleDink »»
May 11, 11:04 PM

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo: New Challenger Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

superjesus - Mar 9, 2009

64 by UncleWinkleDink »»
Apr 21, 7:46 PM

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo: New Challenger Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ParaParaJMo - Apr 21, 2009

75 by Meritas »»
Mar 16, 4:50 AM

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo: New Challenger Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ParaParaJMo - Mar 10, 2009

55 by Meritas »»
Jan 21, 5:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.