Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 15, 2009 8:10 PM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Whoa, what's going on? Hakuoro is from the future? This is quite some twist.
Mar 22, 2009 11:16 AM

Aug 2008
Geez, this Hauenkua guy... girl... psychotic thing or whatever is so damn annoying.

Wow, there was also the biggest fountain of blood from one character I've ever seen. But seriously, this demon revived (?) with future Hakuoro's blood (sounds crazy) is pretty pimp, annihilation or reviving it can do both ^^ Anyway, I love how violent this series is.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jul 14, 2009 8:05 PM

Jul 2008
yeah is he from the future or what ? i have no idea whats going on.
Jul 22, 2009 10:31 PM

Apr 2009
One word: WTF?!?!?!?!

Mar 25, 2010 8:16 PM

Oct 2009
Oh man, this just what this series needed. It's so strange, but I'm hooked.

I don't know if MAL's ratings are official, but this is sure pushing the PG-13 rating. I mean, it's got the violence and blood, and also touches up on controversial things like evolution and religion. Not to mention the "death" of a little girl.
Antanaru said:
Geez, this Hauenkua guy... girl... psychotic thing or whatever is so damn annoying.
Haha, yeah, I have no idea what he/she is either xD
Apr 25, 2010 3:55 PM

May 2009
Umm... WHAT?

Eva's? Time travel? Battle Rezzin' lolis?! They better have a damn good explanation if they want a good rating from me.
May 1, 2010 11:22 AM
Feb 2010
Antanaru said:
Wow, there was also the biggest fountain of blood from one character I've ever seen. But seriously, this demon revived (?) with future Hakuoro's blood (sounds crazy) is pretty pimp, annihilation or reviving it can do both ^^ Anyway, I love how violent this series is.

The "blood" is from the robot-things. If you notice, it shot out even when no one was in the thing.
May 11, 2010 3:04 AM

Jul 2009
Why the Fvuk he let go that BASTARD!!!
May 18, 2010 4:44 AM

Jul 2009
I noticed I was thinking "I really hope I get to see his blood while his limbs are separated from his body... >.>" when he killed Aruruu and was laughing like that. So annoying.
But really, what the hell's going on? Hakuoro is from the future, what the hell? xD
Or, even more weird, humanity went back to that age! After being all futuristic and stuff. Nah, that would be too weird. O.o
Aug 12, 2010 9:43 PM

Sep 2008
I didn't like the change of reaction from Eruruu in this compared to the VN. It just seemed a lot less reasonable, but that's perhaps because she had a visual before.

I was waiting for Hakuouro to scream and wake up again after looking at his normal hands.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 14, 2010 2:22 AM
May 2010
What the hell is going on? That was a very confusing episode.
Mar 20, 2011 2:22 AM

Jul 2009
Avu Kamuu > Almost Everything
Hakuoro > Avu Kamuu
Hakuoro = missing link between dinosaurs & humans, discovered in the future?
Hakuoro = great at making blood fountains

That pretty much sums it up in my opinion
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Jul 19, 2011 1:34 PM

Sep 2008
-Celestial- said:
I don't know if MAL's ratings are official, but this is sure pushing the PG-13 rating. I mean, it's got the violence and blood, and also touches up on controversial things like evolution and religion. Not to mention the "death" of a little girl.

I have to agree... I've watched R-rated anime series that are less violent (and not "explicit" in any other way, either) than this one, haha.

Anyway, super confusing episode. I mean, it was a good episode and finally drew a little bit more interest from me, but it was pretty weird and just... "out there". Guess explanations will follow in these remaining two episodes?
Feb 28, 2012 4:18 PM

Feb 2009
Amazing how they mix so many themes together in this anime.
The plot started out as an adventure of a single man.
Then shifted to a village. Mystical stuff, ancient gods, forest spirits etc...
Suddenly it was about people revolting against an emperor.
Then a few easygoing playing-around eps.
Diplomacy.
Mechas out of nowhere.
Fillers.
And now we have some kind of future sci-fi experiment gone wrong; reality simulation; artificial beings.

All of that is amazing, but it somehow doesn't sit with me. They've created an awesome universe but the plot seems forced to me. Even worse are the characters. No development.

Also, I found that "demon form" really scary. It looks hellish. I agree about the rating.
Sep 2, 2013 4:59 PM

Nov 2011
Weird, I think Aruruu did die but some sort of deal was made to revive her. It reminded me of Supernatural S2's finale when Dean did that for his brother...then again, it might of also been some sort of time travel theory going on here.

Hmm, I bet there's some form of repayment for that. Holy shit, I couldn't help but cry out when she took that blow though.
May 10, 2014 7:20 PM
Jun 2013
god dammit time travel.I dont mind such thigns but I hope it doesint make some huge plot hole or something.Dam why did that annoying laughing guy get away I wanted him to freaking die.How did eruruu forget about her sister dieing and a giant monster making a deal with her its not like they showed him mind wipe her.Wouldint tell hakuoro about this make things easier why must anime characters do this.
May 14, 2014 1:03 PM

Dec 2013
Such an intense episode. I think it was the best one so far.
Jun 2, 2014 4:30 AM

Aug 2013
What the hell is happening?!
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Aug 24, 2014 4:25 PM

Apr 2011
Yay another mecha-humanity-creation-god-memoryloss-xenogear-ripoff-thing story. We never get old of these :)
ValaskjalfAug 24, 2014 4:29 PM
Dec 20, 2014 6:53 AM

Jul 2011
xchee said:
What the hell is happening?!

2 Incredibly Super Essential Things We Learned in This Episode:

1) Mechas are capable of bleeding, and bleeding ALOT.
2) Hakuoro = missing link.

So random, but I still like this series. Why is there an assumption he's from the future? Where does it indicate this? I totally thought different dimension... I mean, animal ears/tails, magic, riding dinosaurs...

And I can't say I've seen anyone spurt so much blood from a gunshot as Hakuoro did when he was shot in the lab.
Jan 12, 2015 4:42 PM

Sep 2013
I have to say I was skipping thru first half of the ep, but later half had me hooked.
So Hakuoro is some sort of ancient God/Alien/Monster and his human form is of some scientist from real world/future/past...
Still not much was answered, and I still dont like where this is going, but meh, whatever. Twists. I like twists but not on such scale.

PS: Why mechas bleed? Arent they mechanical? Are they more like living beings modelled after Hakuoro monster form?
NeutroNShivAJan 12, 2015 4:49 PM
Aug 28, 2015 11:57 AM

Apr 2015
If Hakuoro = Monster

Then Eruruu made a good deal with the Monster.
Eruruu loves Hakuoru anyway ( I think) so it isn´t a big deal to give him her Soul ^^
Oct 7, 2015 4:05 AM

Jun 2008
I remember in previous episodes while he was fighting the army of that crazy old dude he did tricks with mud where they were trapped inside swamp mud etc. He should have done that with those robots before they start shooting those big things at them.
I mean those robots will probably have a hard time if their feet where stuck into the ground.

Anyway i it seems more like different dimension than time travel and Hakuoro isn't Hakuoro it seems but that monster with his blood. The real Hakuoro died and he was a scientist from our era.

NeutroNShivA said:

PS: Why mechas bleed? Arent they mechanical? Are they more like living beings modelled after Hakuoro monster form?

Because Evangelion.
Nov 13, 2015 2:00 AM

Apr 2014
Did they just do an eva mind fuck on us?
Nuh uh, I'm not gonna buy that
Dec 23, 2015 7:37 PM

Feb 2014
lmao wut
Tokoya said:
adapatations are not supposed to be carbon copies of source materials and until the anime community in general can accept that and judge an anime based on what it presents and how they handle every episode, these threads will continue to be filled with hate posts by purists
Jan 1, 2016 12:07 AM

Jan 2013
Super frustrating first half. That bitch.
Takes place in the far future. Really cool, like Shinsekai Yori. It's not obvious at all, all signs of technology have vanished. There was that one bomb made from alcohol mixing with some liquid, other than that and the organic mechs, no other technology.

Hopefully there's a good explanation for that.
Jan 2, 2016 5:35 AM

Apr 2014
To the red Eva wannabe bastard who kill countless people and a little girl.... a word from Zeorymer" ...Cry, SCREAM... Then Die!" But he got away.... I was so wanting him dead.... And Hakuoro died in some other world... That is the form he took now I guess... And yeah I saw a Cg art of Aruru KILLED.... But totally not expected she could be revive....heck if that is the case then she would never die so long as Eruru please that beast like Hakuoro... Overall so much stuff happens.... Why didn't Kuuyu comes for Hakuoro instead... Damn it.
Front Hooks...Oh yeah...
Feb 18, 2016 11:36 AM

Sep 2014
Holy mindfuck o.O , so the real Hakuoro is actually dead in the future or something and somehow possessed that Demon with the blood.
So sad that annoying pos Hauenkua w/e his name didn't die.

Aruruu actually died damn, well good that she got revived.
I'm a bit confused, did Aruruu die for a 2nd time or something..

That pact with Hakuoro reminded me of that time when Karura stripped in front of him saying the same things, I guess Karura knows something...
Ah, checked that episode again and now it makes sense..
nerfxApr 14, 2016 1:08 AM
Aug 31, 2016 9:00 PM

Feb 2014
LoL.. wtf this episode...

Lately this anime is like: free gore and violence fanservice for everyone! yay!
Jan 20, 2018 9:52 AM

Aug 2009
I mean, this show has gone fucking mental. Hakuoro is from the future? Holy shit, that was even more unexpected than mechas out of nowhere lol.

The first half of the episode was pretty damn annoying with that blue haired dude/girl/whateveritis laughing and screaming all the time. But the second half was actually... awesome? I was really enjoying myself, even though everything that happened on screen was a bit ridiculous.
Jul 4, 2021 9:22 AM

Apr 2016
All these plot twistes were pretty interesting to me, but I just hope they'll give them good explanations.
May 13, 2022 6:11 PM
Jul 2018
This part always confused me, I found it a bit far-fetched with the introduction of the sci-fi elements here. It's nice to see Hauenkua get destroyed by Hakuoro though, definitely had it coming.
Dec 26, 2022 4:33 PM

Dec 2018
what the hell is actually going on?!? and why are robots bleeding?

More topics from this board

» I found an Hidden Gem

Naveen6662246 - Apr 9

7 by 0Unknown0 »»
Apr 10, 1:30 AM

Poll: » Utawarerumono Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

alert105 - Mar 23, 2008

108 by Strahan »»
Dec 9, 2023 7:58 AM

Poll: » Utawarerumono Episode 20 Discussion

aero - Mar 15, 2009

22 by Lolicon »»
Nov 7, 2023 8:52 PM

Poll: » Utawarerumono Episode 4 Discussion

aero - Dec 27, 2008

21 by HagePotPotato »»
Apr 9, 2023 9:35 PM

Poll: » Utawarerumono Episode 24 Discussion

aero - Mar 15, 2009

18 by fast2611 »»
Mar 8, 2023 8:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.