Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Black Butler
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 12, 2009 8:02 PM

Aug 2009
Wahhh I don't want pawr lil Ciel to be alone! D: This episode made me sad! Come back, Sebastian! I don't even know why you left in the first place!

I'm a bandwagon whore

Ow. My Heart. <3
Oct 24, 2009 4:57 AM

Jan 2009
ikanaide sebastian :[ have to watch next now
Oct 24, 2009 4:58 AM

Jan 2009
ikanaide sebastian :[ have to watch next now
Oct 25, 2009 1:58 PM

Aug 2009
Why did you leave Sebastian...? ;_ ;
Ciel's so vulenrable without him.
What is my Sebatian thinking!?
The contract cannot be broken can it?
Dec 17, 2009 10:28 AM

Aug 2008
ummyeah said:
Ciel being alone despresses me. He's so helpless without Sebastian!

great episode, we can see that ciel without sebastian is... nobody ?
i'm curious about that cat... it's eyes looks similar yo Sebastian's
Dec 25, 2009 1:54 PM

Apr 2009
bwahahachick said:
You could actually feel Ciel's loneliness without Sebastian. :( Just shows how much he really depends on him, whether he wants to admit or not. Makes me wonder how Sebastian feels in return, if he feels anything.
yeah, i thought so too.

really liked this episode, even though when i really think about it, the situation isn't new to me (as far as what i've seen in anime), but I still really liked the episode. I never really had an adiea to start with, but now i'm really wondering what the ending might be.
Dec 29, 2009 4:56 AM
OG Rewriter

Aug 2009
janeify said:
ummyeah said:
Ciel being alone despresses me. He's so helpless without Sebastian!

great episode, we can see that ciel without sebastian is... nobody ?
i'm curious about that cat... it's eyes looks similar yo Sebastian's

Judging from what I've read, that cat is most likely Sebastian. It clawed at Ciel's face XD

I do think Ciel attempting to change disturbed Sebastian, cuz Aberline's death did somethig to Ciel, hence the "Sebastian dont kill innocent people with falling debris" thing
I do think he was majorly pissed at Ciel lol
Ciel's hair kinda got me, it was stcking up in the back, and he cant even tie a bow correctly XD
he's useless without Sebastian lol
Jan 23, 2010 3:31 AM

May 2008
ArtsyAb said:
good episode...
cant agree more.
Jan 23, 2010 3:38 PM

Aug 2009
WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON? EVERYONE LEFT CIEL'S SIDE AND WENT AGAINST HIM. IS THIS BECAUSE HE DEFIED HER MAJESTY'S ORDER? IT CAN'T BE. Well, I guess that's what someone gets when they're spoiled. Ciel's totally useless when Sebastian is not around.

Sebastioa looked really pissed when Ciel ordered him to stop the fight. I guess he left because of that. Also, now we also know how the Queen got that face even though she was suppose to be like 70 years old. AND I KNEW IT, THAT ASH WAS HIDING SOMETHING. He's an angel, lol.

Also, it seems to be that the fire incident is happening again to the Phantomhive househould. I wonder how the Phantomhives became the nuissance and the impurity in the land. COME BACK SEBASTIAN, CIEL NEEDS YOU DAMNIT YOU CONTRACT BREAKER!
Apr 1, 2010 6:37 PM

Aug 2009
OMG! This episode was so intense and so deep!! Sebastian wasn't only irritated that Ciel stopped his battle.. but didn't anyone notice also that Ciel seeing Ash flying away said: the wings of an angle.. like watching with awe..?
That was, in my opinion, a sign of his change to the bright side. And that comment about the angel's wings seemed to irritate (hurt?) Sebastian and he gave him that look.
Also another sign of Ciel's change is that scene where he says that he always walks inside the dark and that he is used to that but we see him heading towards the light...
I mean all these ARE hints, and that is why this anime is brilliant. It doesn't have to form phrases to say things like that, it uses so many symbolisms and clever tricks to pass its message. I found this episode simply brilliant!!! I could analyse it for hours seriously. Each single scene from the very start to the end holds its own symbolism. 10/5
“In a mad world, only the mad are sane.”Akira Kurosawa
Apr 1, 2010 6:38 PM

Aug 2009
OMG! This episode was so intense and so deep!! Sebastian wasn't only irritated that Ciel stopped his battle!.... didn't anyone notice also that Ciel seeing Ash flying away said: the wings of an angel.. like watching with awe..? Like he was witnessing how the "good" side is...
That was, in my opinion, a sign of his change to the bright side. And that comment about the angel's wings seemed to irritate (hurt?) Sebastian, because demons are fallen angels, their wings are cut, so that's why he gave him that second evil look. It was clearly a comparison Ciel was making, between Sebastian and the angel, any angel. That look was evil, but also hurt, and jealous. Kudos to the animators here, for real! They pulled this off elaborately!!
Also another sign of Ciel's change is that scene where he says that he always walks inside the dark and that he is used to that but we see him heading, no... better say running towards the light... running to be saved (from the threat at that moment but also symbolically from all his past). And then he goes out and wonders if his world was always so bright... he is obviously seeing it with different eyes now..like for the first time in ages...
I mean all these ARE hints, and that is why this anime is brilliant. It doesn't have to form phrases to say things like that, it uses so many symbolisms and clever tricks to pass its message. I found this episode simply brilliant!!! I could analyse it for hours seriously. Each single scene from the very start to the end holds its own symbolism. 10/5
JusticeUndoneApr 1, 2010 6:52 PM
“In a mad world, only the mad are sane.”Akira Kurosawa
Apr 2, 2010 7:56 AM

May 2009
The first time I actually see traces of kindness in Sebastian's eyes.
May 27, 2010 2:58 PM

Aug 2009
this episode made me realize that ciel is a child at the end.
Poor kid, sometimes you should try to realize that he really IS a demon too.
Anime List: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Rodreth
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/rodreth/profile
Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/user/Rodreth/
Night is the darkest just before the dawn.

May 29, 2010 6:28 PM

Jan 2010
lianayuki said:
How could you leave Ciel alone v_v(but I'm pretty sure that he was that black cat )

LOL I knew that too.

Makes me feel so sad to see Ceil struggle. ;-; Just too sad.
Jun 8, 2010 2:26 AM

Feb 2010
JusticeUndone said:
OMG! This episode was so intense and so deep!! Sebastian wasn't only irritated that Ciel stopped his battle!.... didn't anyone notice also that Ciel seeing Ash flying away said: the wings of an angel.. like watching with awe..? Like he was witnessing how the "good" side is...
That was, in my opinion, a sign of his change to the bright side. And that comment about the angel's wings seemed to irritate (hurt?) Sebastian, because demons are fallen angels, their wings are cut, so that's why he gave him that second evil look. It was clearly a comparison Ciel was making, between Sebastian and the angel, any angel. That look was evil, but also hurt, and jealous. Kudos to the animators here, for real! They pulled this off elaborately!!
Also another sign of Ciel's change is that scene where he says that he always walks inside the dark and that he is used to that but we see him heading, no... better say running towards the light... running to be saved (from the threat at that moment but also symbolically from all his past). And then he goes out and wonders if his world was always so bright... he is obviously seeing it with different eyes now..like for the first time in ages...

I think the reason Sebastian left was because Ciel said, "there is NO SOUL!"... that was the last straw!
Jun 24, 2010 12:37 PM
Mar 2010
i was so sad for Sebastian

lianayuki said:
omg where are you Sebastian? How could you leave Ciel alone v_v(but I'm pretty sure that he was that black cat )anyway sad ,

i think sebastian was that black cat too....
Jul 4, 2010 11:06 AM
Mar 2010
what happened? ;p
Jul 27, 2010 11:22 PM

Jul 2010
huge WTF moment. ciel learning the hard way, shows how much sebastian has done for him as a butler. was a really good episode overall
Aug 13, 2010 1:04 PM

Aug 2009
Poor Ciel.. T_T
Aug 24, 2010 7:33 PM

Jul 2009
I was confused with this episode
also LOL FLYING MONKEY!!
Aug 27, 2010 9:22 AM

Aug 2010
Sebastian... *sob* why did you leave him...?!
I hope its for some really sweet protective reason... but he IS a demon... soo...
but I can still dream... *sigh*
"참 많은 파도가친다.앞으로 여행할길은 너무멀고길지만 멈추면안돼.. 멈춘순간 어른이 되어가는 길을 포기하는 나락으로 떨어진다. 어른이되어가는 경험은 이제부터 시작이지만 아직어리고 젊다는 최고의무기로 아직 눈앞에 보이지않는 더넓은 세상을 밟고싶다."
--김재중
CLICK IF YOU WISH
Sep 10, 2010 9:31 AM

Jun 2009
Great episode! Poor Ciel, looks like he's losing everything again.
Sep 15, 2010 12:08 AM

May 2008
The cat's eyes... that scene right at the end was awesome.
Oct 5, 2010 12:27 AM

Feb 2010
theeggman85 said:
The cat's eyes... that scene right at the end was awesome.

Agreed. I was like... "OMG.. it's Sebastian! He's still watching over Ceil" :)
Oct 8, 2010 9:32 AM

May 2010
I don't get the scene where the queen and Ciel talked..

The two butlers fighting was the only good thing to see..

Also, the 2nd half was kinda boring.. :/
Nov 18, 2010 2:44 AM

May 2010
Goddamn angels! What the hell is their problem? Ugh!
Nov 20, 2010 10:42 AM

Jun 2009
So, Sebastian left Ciel and the poor kid doesn’t know anything about life? And he can’t do anything, as well. That’s what happens when you’re spoiled and just live depending on another person. I thought Ciel would’ve been a little more clever and not that useless; he’s just like a lost puppy.

It’s revealed that the Queen was part of Angela/Ash’s play. Another chessman to execute the plan and make everyone believe their words of purification. It’s disgusting.

Ciel’s trying to change after so many years of seeking revenge…? He shouldn’t be deceiving himself with half-truths, he won’t change. Even if he chases after the “light” the darkness will engulf him again. You can’t change what you did. I understand his change of morals, worrying about people around him and not wanting to harm them anymore… But it’s a stupid thing to do if you fell into Hell and are going to give your soul to a demon… If you search for a reason to justify, you’ll always find one. Although that doesn’t mean it’s the right thing to do.
I’m totally sure the cat’s Sebastian, if not, why would be a black cat with red eyes there? He has to come back.
I think, then procrastinate.
Therefore, I am.
Dec 14, 2010 8:01 AM
Jul 2010
Yeah, the cat was obviously Sebastian.

I loved this episode. This is finally getting good once again. I'd still like to know Angela/Ash's motive. And if they are the same person.

Did you notice Ciel's bow tie when he left the room looking for Sebastian? He can't even put it on properly without Sebastian. Poor Ciel...
Jan 11, 2011 12:17 PM
Mar 2010
that "light" vs "dark" fight right there was pretty interesting but sebastian can't blame ciel for changing his mind after abberline and all. He was angry, and he's changed a bit throughout all the people betraying him
Feb 17, 2011 6:03 PM

Apr 2009
I like this episode's harsh reality check for Ciel, without his demon butler the Queen's Guard Dog is without teeth and not a Guard Dog at all, but a mere decorative cute and helpless puppy.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jun 29, 2011 9:53 PM

Dec 2009
My, this was rather sad, I wonder exactly why Sebastian "disappeared"
Aug 21, 2011 2:44 AM

Aug 2009
Spooooiled brat. Spoooooiled brat.
The strangest thing is that nobody robbed him. ... if we forget about that cart guy.
Jul 19, 2012 4:45 PM

May 2012
Damn that ending, Hopefully Sebastian will come back to Ciel!
Oct 26, 2012 6:17 AM

Feb 2012
Did Sebastien think Ciel was deliberately telling him to withdraw so as not to get his soul taken by Seb?

Interesting episode though I had to laugh at Ciel chasing the cat.
Feb 13, 2013 11:32 AM

Feb 2013
This is getting so interesting it's not even funny.
May 10, 2013 10:11 PM

Mar 2013
everything went so downhill for ciel...good ep though...is that cat sebastian???
Nov 23, 2013 6:00 AM

May 2013
I think sebastien is trying to make ciels hate stronger cuz it got weaker this past episodes.
and of course the cat is sebastien hes a demon he can look like anything he wants.
Mar 4, 2014 6:27 PM

Aug 2013
Well, Ciel almost lost the game. Without Sebastian, he really ia just an arrogant kid. But he still have the mark, so he didn't lost yet. Also, there's a second season, so there's no way he'll lose :P
It's a shame because I think it's one of those where a bad end would have been appropriated. He have been relying too much on the help of a demon...

It's the first time we saw Ciel scared of Sebastian. It's like it was the first time he perceived he was talking with a demon. With all the time he passed with him, I think that he had forgotten that single but important fact.

Pluton burning the Phantomhive manor wasn't really surprising. The first time we saw it, he was with that angel.

So the Queen really is a crazy person. I thought she was manipulated or that it was even maybe a puppet.

I wonder how it will play out, everything seem so desperate for Ciel.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jun 23, 2014 2:28 AM
Jul 2011
Holy shit that glare..Sebastian treats souls very different from Ciel, certainly..

And damn, the feels when Aberlin's wife got the message. :l
Jul 17, 2014 2:27 PM

Jan 2014
This was a good episode. But I understood that Ciel without Sebastian is like computer without the Internet- he can do something, but is practically useless.
Jul 21, 2014 3:59 PM
Aug 2011
Wat.
Jul 22, 2014 9:10 AM
May 2014
Without Sebastian Ciel is so helpless.. I guess one gets used to having one hell of a butler.
Pro Sebastian is pro:

I'm guessing the cat was Sebastian, but he is still so helpless lol.

Kill the Queen! Hmm. What a sudden turn around.

Queen is totally insane and a little girl. Even though she's old.

I'm and angel using a demon's dog to burn down a estate. Your argument is irrelevant.

Closeup of eye.
Jul 22, 2014 11:33 AM

Apr 2014
I'm so confused. What's the queen's motive for trying to kill Ciel again? Something about purifying England? Why, though. Because he deals with the underworld? It just seems stupid of her to kill someone who does the dirty work for her. Or was the queen being manipulated by Ash.
Sep 26, 2014 1:43 PM

Jan 2014
Ciel… :c
Sep 29, 2014 12:42 PM

Jul 2013
Sebastian was pissed he was told to stop.

The Queen got young again thanks to Ash, didn't see that coming.

Poor Ciel having trouble now Sebastian has up and disappeared! Awww! ;_________;

Come back Sebastian, come back! <3333333

Plus the mansion! D:
Nov 3, 2014 5:33 PM

Jul 2013
this is all because Ciel got soft.. he stopped Sebastian because he's afraid the debris will fall down on the people below.. he hesitated and it pissed Sebastian off.

anyway damn that queen and her butler. purify my ass, bitch
Feb 9, 2015 8:52 AM
Feb 2015
The episode shows Ciel's true nature. He is so weak Sebastian, just like a child who realized that he was

I can see now that Ciel's confidence and strong personality is coming from Sebastian. So Sebastian is not only providing physical power to Ciel, but also emotional power. Sebastian

However, I think Ciel's weakness is very cute. I also love the way in which Sebastian stares scared Ciel.

I think the cat was manipulated by Sebastian since he seems to have the power to control animals. So it's not that Sebastian is the cat.
Mar 16, 2015 4:02 AM

Jun 2013
The second half of the episode was depressing...
Poor Ciel. :'(
Sebastian, where are you?!
I detest the Queen and her butler. And the latter at the ending ride on Pluto, lols.
Apr 9, 2015 4:17 AM

Jan 2013
A lot of scowling from Sabastian in this episode.
Jun 20, 2015 3:46 AM

Feb 2015
Oh my! A plot twist, I don't know if I can handle it...
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Bloodshot-Shanks - Jan 25, 2009

98 by Sun_Chan »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Favorite Servant?

RuuryMercury - Jun 24, 2015

4 by Sun_Chan »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Bloodshot-Shanks - Jan 17, 2009

85 by Sun_Chan »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Bloodshot-Shanks - Jan 9, 2009

70 by Sun_Chan »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Bloodshot-Shanks - Nov 23, 2008

115 by Sun_Chan »»
5 hours ago

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.