Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Black Butler
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 12, 2009 3:55 AM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A pretty good episode. I didn't expect to see others' past and their real jobs. I was totally enjoyed by it.
Mar 13, 2009 6:21 AM
Feb 2008
omg where are you Sebastian? How could you leave Ciel alone v_v(but I'm pretty sure that he was that black cat )anyway sad ,I think I know what kind of ending will this anime have I don't even want to think about it >.>
Mar 16, 2009 2:22 PM
Aug 2008
lianayuki said:
I think I know what kind of ending will this anime have I don't even want to think about it >.>

From knowledge I have, manga is still bying published, so I tking that, even if anime will have ended in 26th March it won't be definitive. And I hope that. there will be second season :3
Mar 16, 2009 9:22 PM

Feb 2009
Three lovely stills that I'm sure the lot of you will appreciate. :]

Note about the story, I still don't believe that Ash and Angela are the same person. They're both angels, with similar faces and similar intent, but I still believe they're separate.

It also looks like the mansion might be in for another "hot" event. xD

The thing with the queen, I guess I didn't really see that one coming. Though, I'm glad it confirmed what I thought was the queen playing chess with Ash by her side on a previous episode.

I wonder what Sebastian is thinking though. Although he might have just lost faith in his precious soul? Then again, what with Aberline and such...I guess we'll have to see with only two episodes left. Now I really need to know the ending. And I'm half and half, I want it to follow Ciel's demise because his contract is, after all, irreversible. But at the same time, I want to see Sebastian maybe prolong things. Gah. Two more episodes mean two more weeks. Who can wait for that?
Mar 16, 2009 9:59 PM

Jul 2007
Wow, finally a good episode again! *raises score*

Sent with Mal Updater
Mar 16, 2009 10:03 PM

Apr 2007
Aww Ciel! Useless without Sebastian. :(

Mar 16, 2009 11:14 PM

Mar 2008
PandaPuff said:
pretty muchxD

this ep kinda just left me w/ this --->O.o didnt make much sense to me

Mar 16, 2009 11:28 PM

Feb 2009
DrkNoTeS said:
PandaPuff said:
pretty muchxD

this ep kinda just left me w/ this --->O.o didn't make much sense to me

Agreed. It actually kind of pissed me off how useless Ciel was by himself lol I just can't picture a 2 episode left scenario with this anime that will satisfy me. I'm hoping for a season 2 too, even though its only slated for the 24. Lets hope for a good one!
LegendaryBandit A.K.A. Elbee

Mar 17, 2009 2:54 AM

Mar 2008
Okay...now I feel confused o__o

It was so painful to watch poor Ciel all alone ;___; (I can't watch kids suffering it's my weakness ^^;;)

And angry Sebas was just....so scary XD

...next episode pleeeaaaseee~!
Mar 17, 2009 4:59 AM

Mar 2008
*scrams* wheres Sebastian!?! NOOOOO!!!! T_T i felt soo bad for Ciel T_T and it seems that his house is going to go again T_T
No matter how many breaths that you took, you still couldn't breath.
Mar 17, 2009 7:40 AM
Jan 2009
I want to see more angry Sebastian. \o/

A bit weird episode... It felt like nothing really happened, but then again everything happened. @__@
Next episode, soon plz. This really just left me waiting.
Mar 17, 2009 7:42 AM

Nov 2008
PandaPuff said:

But how cuuuute. <I wanted to hug him, really. :3 >

Woow, this one was great. Angry bishounens are so scary... XD
And I don't like all that "be good and you'll be saved" stuff. It's just not like Ciel.
Mar 17, 2009 9:00 AM

Feb 2009
When you play with fire you get burn.
Mar 17, 2009 9:18 AM

Dec 2008
hativnatka said:
PandaPuff said:

But how cuuuute. <I wanted to hug him, really. :3 >

Woow, this one was great. Angry bishounens are so scary... XD
And I don't like all that "be good and you'll be saved" stuff. It's just not like Ciel.

I agree. Sebastian was pretty pissed and Ciel can't do anything on his own D; I can't imagine how it'll end in 2 episodes but lets hope it'll be good. x3
Mar 17, 2009 9:21 AM

May 2008
Dammit Sebastian! I order you to return to Ciel once. You hear me? x'D

Sent with Mal Updater
Mar 17, 2009 10:04 AM

Mar 2008
To be frank, this is starting to get boring. It had so much potential, and episode by episode it has succeeded in changing my views from a brilliant show to...*yawn*
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 17, 2009 11:36 AM

Apr 2008
Ciel being alone despresses me. He's so helpless without Sebastian!

And this is really the first time we've seen Sebastian give Ciel angry looks--I guess it's because Ciel called off the fight between him and Ash.

Only two episodes left!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 17, 2009 1:26 PM

Aug 2008
I was beginning to think that I was the only one who felt the same as sugarplumfairy. This was a borderline terrible episode. The beginning was good, but more like what I expected the last episode to be; the second-half, however, with Ciel petulantly yelling, "Do you know who I aam!" to everything including cats was ridiculous and overexaggerated. Thank God it's going to be plot from here on out though.
Mar 17, 2009 5:52 PM

Nov 2008
Was the cat Sebastian? I wasn't sure.

I actually quite liked this episode. It confirmed my suspicions that Sebastian didn't like how Ciel was changing.

Also, with this episode I took more notice of the opening theme song lyrics ~ Has anyone else noticed that it's a love song, and appears to be about Sebastian and Ciel?

I agree with what some of you said about there only being two episodes left, and how it's unlikely that there will be a satisfying ending. ]=
Mar 17, 2009 6:58 PM

Dec 2007
this episode was so sad!
Sebastian was really shocked when Ciel asked him to stop, and then was just really pissed! I guess he´s thinking he might not get the soul after all... Still, I can´t believe he left like that!
Ciel is so helpless without Sebastian... I mean, he can´t even dress himself properly! I really think the cat was Sebastian, specially when we saw the eyes...
I wonder what will happen to the mansion now, will they be able to put out the fire on time?
Mar 17, 2009 7:34 PM

Feb 2008
Awwww! Poor Sebastian!
If this keeps up he won't get Ciel's soul ... and after working as a butler for agesss.
I would be pretty pis.ssed too.

Oh no.

Mar 17, 2009 7:44 PM

Jul 2008
This episode was pretty boring. I guess everything about this episode was important, but to me, it all felt pretty useless. I'm confused though. Did the queen kill Ciels parents or something? I thought thats what this was all about. I'm not sure about this at all. Well, hopefully the final two episodes will complete the series and not just be a cliffhanger of some sort.
Mar 17, 2009 9:31 PM
Oct 2007
My thoughts are Sebastian actually started to care for Ciel, and was noticing that Ciel started to care for more than just revenge. Im sure that, and his own feelings were conflicting with his demon nature so i think he may have went off to figure out what he wanted himself, or information that could prove useful. Also did anyone look at the cats eyes at the end of the episode? Is it me or do they look like Sebastian's eyes? after all he does love cats.
Mar 17, 2009 10:54 PM

Apr 2008
Ciel cant do much without Sebastian .. quite sad

Mar 18, 2009 3:23 AM

Sep 2008
Seeing Ciel running around alone and helpless is so depressing :(

I want Sebastian back...
Chicken + Dictionary + Dictionary = CMC. Eeyup.
Mar 18, 2009 10:46 AM

Dec 2008
...O-oh God. I think my heart broke for Ciel without Sebby. Bawww he's so cute and useless and I just want to give him a hug. ;__;

Either way, this was a stunning episode. The development of tension between Ciel and Sebastian is well done, and works well with their personalities. Sebastian liked Ciel because of his old mindset, an almost emotionless mindset. But Ciel's been changing, and Sebastian hasn't liked it? Or maybe he's conflicted about it.

Man I'm worried they're just going to cram too much into the next two eps. :\ But we'll see how it goes

There is nothing in this world more ugly than imperfection
Mar 18, 2009 9:06 PM

Feb 2008
Loved it! Poor Ciel is useless without Sebastian :( And I knew it was only a matter of time before Sebs got pissed and something like this happened. Ciel is pussing out. :/
Mar 19, 2009 11:50 AM

Apr 2008
Just as London has been depicted wonderfully (Crystal Palace <3), so has Paris here!!!

Shocked, then annoyed Sebastian when Ceil told him they were going to retreat, and then when he said there's no such thing as a soul.. 8/ Tbh part of me really wants Ceil to take Aberline's advice ... 'My soul's always been running in the dark.' :( .. but then Sebastian D:

So Queen Victoria/Albert were turned into a golem, that has evolved into that little girl? :S
nehnehnejiMar 19, 2009 11:54 AM
Mar 19, 2009 12:13 PM

Nov 2008
Well, the manga is still on-going so I wonder if it'll end on this one season.
Maybe in the next episode Ciel will realize how hopeless he is without Sebatian-sama and there will be a moving reunion, then Ciel will come up with a Great Plan of Revenge and pampampaaaam: see you again! And a 2nd season in (?) next year.
Mar 19, 2009 1:35 PM

Aug 2008
I have.....absolutely no idea what's going on... it was still alright though...

But thank god I have the manga to read...which is awesome.
Mar 19, 2009 1:44 PM

Dec 2008
Is it just me or are things getting more and more confusing...?
Only two episodes left and so many things are unclear.
Mar 19, 2009 1:49 PM

Oct 2008
I feel bad for Ciel

Also it ended too quickly
But the queen is pretty~
Mar 19, 2009 2:36 PM

Oct 2007
That episode was so sad! Sebastian, you bastard! He was hinting at leaving the whole time, but it was still sad to see it actually happen, though I still LOL'd when Ciel came up to the desk with his clothes all untidy and the clerk gave him a strange look XDDD

Alas, I still hope Sebastian goes back to Ciel...Ciel is just too dependent on him :/
Is it just me or does it seem like Ciel's going to get killed off at the end of the season? :'(

Xephia said:
Was the cat Sebastian? I wasn't sure.

Just judging by the eyes, I would say it's him :]
Mar 19, 2009 9:22 PM

Dec 2008
LostArticulation said:
Three lovely stills that I'm sure the lot of you will appreciate. :]

Note about the story, I still don't believe that Ash and Angela are the same person. They're both angels, with similar faces and similar intent, but I still believe they're separate.

It also looks like the mansion might be in for another "hot" event. xD

The thing with the queen, I guess I didn't really see that one coming. Though, I'm glad it confirmed what I thought was the queen playing chess with Ash by her side on a previous episode.

I wonder what Sebastian is thinking though. Although he might have just lost faith in his precious soul? Then again, what with Aberline and such...I guess we'll have to see with only two episodes left. Now I really need to know the ending. And I'm half and half, I want it to follow Ciel's demise because his contract is, after all, irreversible. But at the same time, I want to see Sebastian maybe prolong things. Gah. Two more episodes mean two more weeks. Who can wait for that?

I concur on every single point you've made in that post. :]

Here's a deranged twist for you: Aberline comes back with his own demon butler. xD Just kidding.

Somehow this episode felt terribly awkward for me. When Sebastian demanded for Ciel to "forget everything", I had initially assumed he was referring to the events that occured during Ciel's dangerous encounter with the queen and Ash. But when he suddenly disappeared like that, would it not literally be like disobeying when he swore allegiance to Ciel? It wouldn't make much sense. Plus the emblem embedded in Ciel's right eye is faint but has not disappeared, insinuating that Ciel STILL has ties with Sebastian. Hence the cat theory. Maybe the appearance of the cat was a way to tie this whole charade together. The chances of Sebastian making his reappearance in the last couple of episodes is absolutely probable. If not, then shame on the scriptwriters of the anime - not the manga.

I wasn't able to fully understand the Queen's appearance. If she supposedly fused with her husband, would that merely imply that her husband was a young boy when he died? This has left me baffled and a little disturbed. =P This was an alright episode, but I do hope the end of the series will be striking. If not, then may a second season await us? =D
~ SilentMuse, At Your Service. ~
Mar 20, 2009 2:20 AM

Sep 2008
That lonely and poor Ciel reminds me of David Copperfield.
Mar 20, 2009 8:39 AM

Apr 2008
Sebastian giving Ciel that evil glare and Ciel in his rumpled clothes made me laugh. But poor Ciel is lost without his Sebastian...aww
Mar 21, 2009 11:12 AM

Jun 2008
What a foreboding episode. >.<

When Asch said the queen's will had turned her image into that of a spotless girl, it reminded me of the picture of Dorian Grey.

Seriously, Ciel and Sebastian need to kiss and make up, now.
Mar 21, 2009 6:10 PM

Jun 2008
noteDhero said:
I was beginning to think that I was the only one who felt the same as sugarplumfairy. This was a borderline terrible episode. The beginning was good, but more like what I expected the last episode to be; the second-half, however, with Ciel petulantly yelling, "Do you know who I aam!" to everything including cats was ridiculous and overexaggerated. Thank God it's going to be plot from here on out though.

you're not the only one. i am quite disappointed that ciel is such a useless person. i thought he would be more resourceful than that.

sigh, note to self: never read the manga before watching its anime. (hope 07 ghost won't be like that!!) and it was so promising at the beginning half of the series!!
Mar 22, 2009 10:31 AM
Jul 2018
Lulz... twas fun seeing how pitiful Ciel is on his own. He's so pissed he even scolded a cat xD I do think that brown-eyed cat is Sebastian. Two more eps to go...
Mar 22, 2009 11:26 AM

Mar 2009
myexodus said:
What a foreboding episode. >.<

When Asch said the queen's will had turned her image into that of a spotless girl, it reminded me of the picture of Dorian Grey.

Seriously, Ciel and Sebastian need to kiss and make up, now.

go..away..with those...yaoi thoughts^^

great episode again although i wasn't sure why sebastian had left ciel
at first it looked like (when he watched himself in the mirror) that the mark was kinda disappearing...
maybe some users here were right and sebastian felt like he wouldn't get ciels soul^^
but then again i felt sorry for ciel poor thing can do nothing on his own^^ i laughed at the part when he told the inn keeper he was CIEL PHANTOMHIVE blabla...too bad for him he can't threaten him without sebastian...
and i also think sebastian was the cat..why else would there be a BLACK cat around ciel all the time^^

about ash and angela..of course they are 2 angels not one^^
the queen also shocked me...i mean i knew there wouldn't be some old granny..but..a young girl talking about the same stuff as the angels? must be pretty manipulated by ash (i always knew he was special *-*)
Mar 23, 2009 3:54 PM

Mar 2008
I am so glad that my suspicions about the queen were proved right ^3^ though I obviously didn't know the exact details xD was an awesome ep though, from queen-related shock at the beginning to Sebastian vs. Ash fight that I wanted to go on for much longer *___* to Ciel-kun being on his own >.< man! I hope Sebastian comes back soon, Ciel is so lonely bless him >x< and hopeless on his own (though I too thought maybe the cat was Sebastian 8D)

also intrigued that Sebastian asked about the underground room where he made the contract with Ciel -- seems even Sebastian doesn't know about this o__O I want to know!! >w<
Mar 23, 2009 7:41 PM

Jan 2008
Confusing!
Mar 24, 2009 5:11 AM

Jan 2009
David_CZ said:
Confusing!

kinda same here :\

overall, fell sad for ciel =.=
well i only go this one word nao: get back quickly sebastian!!!! (wait, are those moar than a word??)
Mar 27, 2009 7:00 PM

Nov 2007
Okay seems that the subbers screwed up and they called 21 22 as well D: but ummm as for the actual 22 Ciel was a bit too full of himself and useless in a sense, I mean I'm pretty sure he's more dependable than that when Sebastian isn't there and his reaction was a bit over the top but lets hope it gets better in the following episodes.
Apr 18, 2009 6:53 PM

Dec 2008
Great episode!
Aww Ciel :[ I was so sad when Sebastian left him. I felt so bad for him

& &
Jun 2, 2009 7:49 PM

Jan 2008
To be honest I really think that just like Sebastian said have a wonderful Dream but what is a happy Dream to a demon.

So I think he is just dreaming and the mansion I don't know yet well Ash is an ass. But I give this episode a 8.3/10.
Jun 25, 2009 11:20 PM

Oct 2008
One comment: What..the..HELL, Sebastian?!

Jul 10, 2009 6:21 PM

Aug 2008
Why, Sebastian? ;_;

Poor Ciel...

Aug 29, 2009 5:38 PM

Aug 2007
You could actually feel Ciel's loneliness without Sebastian. :( Just shows how much he really depends on him, whether he wants to admit or not. Makes me wonder how Sebastian feels in return, if he feels anything.
Sep 26, 2009 4:21 PM
Jul 2009
good episode...
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Bloodshot-Shanks - Jan 25, 2009

98 by Sun_Chan »»
34 minutes ago

Poll: » Favorite Servant?

RuuryMercury - Jun 24, 2015

4 by Sun_Chan »»
55 minutes ago

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Bloodshot-Shanks - Jan 17, 2009

85 by Sun_Chan »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Bloodshot-Shanks - Jan 9, 2009

70 by Sun_Chan »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Bloodshot-Shanks - Nov 23, 2008

115 by Sun_Chan »»
4 hours ago

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.