Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]
Jan 19, 2017 1:39 AM

Aug 2012
Man, and I just got done singing the series praises last week. On the positives, I really enjoyed the "cooking" scene. It was just really amusing and charming, glad the series is able to keep scenes like this. And Nana punching Tada was a nice surprise. I like the OP better and maybe even the ED (though it doesn't touch those first few notes of the last one, which were just a perfect follow up to the cliffhanger).

What I didn't like was Ghost Banri, particularly the implication that he has some supernatural power to alter the weather and cancelling events. I don't hate the idea of Ghost Banri cursing the original, Ghost Banri's best utilized as symbol for Banri's feelings for Linda. He started letting Linda in and thus GB got back in the body but when Banri decided to cut ties, separation began. Like I said last episode, Banri was betraying feelings. For Ghost Banri's curse to work, it has to come from Banri's action, which is did slightly when backed away from kissing Koko (these two have kissed before after all) but when the series has Ghost Banri do things like make it rain, it kinda ruins that. Painting him once again as an antagonist, a solitary entity from Banri that only exists as an obstacle for his relationship with Koko.
Feb 24, 2018 4:00 PM

Jul 2009
There was a lot I really liked about this episode ... but also a lot that I didn't. The good: The festival scene was awesome, ESPECIALLY that hilarious circle dance, and I liked showing how Linda really does her best for Banri and Kouko. Kouko pretending to cook (which is definitely what I thought would happen) was also great. The bad: the new OP was awful IMO, though it definitely showed Kouko's struggles about their relationship, and I didn't really like the ED much either. Plus, now ghost Banri can also supernaturally control stuff?! Uhhhh ... it was a stretch for me to get that he wasn't just a metaphor before either, and this seems to really be pushing it. All I can say is, please give more of the good and less of the bad ... well, looks like the preview finally teases us with some swimsuits :P
Mar 5, 2018 6:37 PM

Jan 2018
Ghost Banri is annoying and immature. "I will make you unhappy" wth why he can't just move on?
Mar 11, 2018 11:07 PM
Oct 2017
When Koko when in for the kiss & Yada turned away I literally started cussing at TV. They can pull that mess with little kids but these are young adults damnit. Stop it! Those few seconds dragged this episode down.
Apr 9, 2018 11:01 AM

Apr 2013
Wow ghost-kun is a douchebag, just because he loves Kouko he should be unhappy? Not cool. Was pretty obvious that Kouko can't cook after she insisted that he is not allowed to help her. I wonder why he didn't kiss her though, haven't they kissed before already?
May 1, 2018 8:51 PM
Jul 2018
I don't know what it is but I kind of got a Clannad vibe form the new op.
May 24, 2018 3:06 PM
Jan 2018
I just wanted Tada to never meet Koko and always be with Linda (b3st waifuu)
Nov 5, 2018 6:37 AM

May 2013
Oh my. Memory ghost Tada out for vengeance, lol

When are we getting back to the other side characters? I was expecting some MitsuoXChinami progress v___v and I want more of 2D-kun and Nana

Wanted this anime to be something lighthearted and funny like in the beginning. Now it's getting super dramatic *sigh* Lowkey wish it was only 12 eps long :/ I hope it doesn't turn to shit by the end of it >.<
Mar 11, 2019 6:53 AM

Feb 2018
I think Koko can cook it turns out it can't.
May 31, 2019 4:33 PM

Nov 2016
It must be terrible to be cursed by yourself but on spirit form and terrible to be that spirit and be confined to just watch, so he gets revenge on himself.
Sep 6, 2019 11:53 AM

Mar 2018
the old intro/outro was better but this was a great time for a transition to new ones.

This show had a slow start but as of now, it seems like we are in for something really awesome!
Apr 3, 2020 10:48 PM
Jul 2018
This was a really chill episode, wouldn't'cha say.
Apr 3, 2020 11:19 PM
Jul 2018
Also, not gonna lie, the theme song itself is dope, but the visuals are just stupid and annoy the crap outta me. It's so cliche to shove one of the main characters in a void and have them stumble around nonsensically. Koko is LITERALLY Naruto running in an invisible upward spiral. And yet for what reason? Is it a metaphor for how she's in an abysmal place in life and how she's trying to climb upwards towards the light and happiness? Probably. I bet that's what most people would get out of that, even though in reality the intention of the animators was really to just have Koko doing a bunch of random, troubled crap and hope a million different interpretations would be drawn. At one point she walks into a bed of flowers and throws herself to the ground in defeat for no reason. She closes her eyes -- a second later she's shown in a deep sleep -- another second later and her eyes jolt open like "oh shit I left the stove on". She notices hearts are falling from the sky but her reaction is completely indifferent. She just kinda dully stares at them. She eventually sprints through a void again and trips a few times... even though it's a completely flat plane. I mean... this anime is fine. The music is actually pretty amazing. But my gosh these pointless visuals are just hard to watch. They could've done anything and they just thought "hey let's put a troubled-looking-Koko in a pink void and have her run around for no reason whatsoever". And SO many anime OP's DO this too. UGH. Please tell me I'm not the only one.

But yeah that's my input regarding this series' second OP lol. It was either start a new forum to complain or just drop it in the forum of the first episode in which it appears, 13.

[[UPDATE: the OP is fine, although I always find it unsettling when anime characters are capable of spot-on lip-syncing. it shakes things up from their usual "open, close" mouth positions. We see both Koko's and Banri's mouths pronouncing the words of the ED. Doesn't matter what anime it is -- it always hits me the wrong way hehe. But I digress. The visuals of the ED weren't bad at all. Both characters kinda just danced or sat there or looked at each other. Nothing pointless..]]

In regards to the actual episode, like I said, it was chill. A break from the usual troubled Banri. Banri kinda just -- also -- acted indifferent throughout the episode. Kinda just going along with whatever. 'Twas chill.
removed-userApr 4, 2020 1:21 AM
Jul 29, 2020 4:05 PM

May 2017
New op new ed , cutest koko doing moe things

I swear she try to be the best waifu of humain history...in a roboto way ๐Ÿ˜…
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

Oct 6, 2020 2:30 PM

Jun 2020
The fact his own soul is working against him, it is a consubstantial part of Banri and yet it is actively acting against his will. That is really pissing me off to be completely honest, how could one part of his own self be spiteful against another part of himself?

I really hope Kouko and Banri can weather out the storm.
Have a great day!

Apr 14, 2021 3:19 PM
Jul 2013
Pretty weak ep, I was expecting much more after last preview.
Can't decide which Banri is worse, it's a tough contest.
Koko's princess upbringing may prove too much to overcome in the end.
Jun 7, 2021 11:19 AM
Nov 2020
Oh it was good ๐Ÿคฃ I thought she would do something naughtiness to him when she blindfolded him hahah
Jun 12, 2021 12:13 AM
Nov 2019
New OP gives me chills and is great foreshadow for the inevitable drama this season however, I thought they were going to flesh out Koko's character but fuck character development and relationship problems, let's fucking turn ghost Banri into a self-centered, Kirito wanna be having ass, melodramatic and over the top depressed having ass DEGENDERATE. The writers definitely got lazy. I might just drop this show now because I already know, this is going to cause some dumbass misunderstandings and melodrama.
Oct 11, 2021 9:47 PM

May 2019
GODDAMN* WE NEED AN EXORCIST

Be haunted by a ghost simp version of yourself, this is terrible.
Nov 29, 2021 7:24 PM

Feb 2017
Ghost Banri is a massive cunt, Koko doesn't deserve your vindictiveness. Wish the two Banri's could reconcile their difference and move on properly.
๐˜ผ ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ก ๐™™๐™ฌ๐™š๐™ก๐™ก๐™จ ๐™ฌ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™๐™ž๐™ฃ ๐™– ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™ข๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™– ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™—๐™ค๐™™๐™ฎ
Dec 29, 2021 6:24 PM
May 2020
banri literally fighting his own demons quite literally
Nov 13, 2022 7:22 AM

Aug 2020
aww i quite liked the first op and ed

what was that at then tho bro what are you doing why didnt you kiss her

ghost banri is even worse
Dec 10, 2022 7:35 AM

Feb 2022
LMAO @ Kouko's air yakisoba, she gets an A for effort in my book. Hoping the obligatory beach episode is coming soon.
New ed and op is... strange but confirms BanrixKouko, i'm glad.
                                                    slice of life anime, my beloved.

2D>>>>>>
Jan 11, 2023 7:40 PM

Jul 2022
This new Opening Theme is not far behind the first one, the Ending Theme is also good
Jun 16, 2023 11:32 PM

Dec 2015
Tiger Mask (https://myanimelist.net/anime/3009/Tiger_Mask) reference spotted

EstefanJun 17, 2023 8:13 AM
Jun 28, 2023 7:09 PM

Nov 2017
This guy got it really bad for the hometown chick while he's staring down mansion %ussy. It's crazy. He really does want Linda I guess. /:
Jul 3, 2023 7:21 AM

Jul 2022
Kanojo moments so cute
Aug 2, 2023 3:28 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Oh well f*ck me sideways Kouko is gonna suck a popsicle in the next episode ugn oh baby I'm gonna come

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jan 5, 1:13 PM

Jun 2017
Ghost Banri can alter weather now ?? Author kun struck his head or something.
The new OP is nice
Feb 16, 9:52 AM
Aug 2022
God, aunque aquí la serie se pone difícil su trama para los protas, a sufrir Banri Tada!
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

891 by Nikmomo93 »»
May 6, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2013

290 by Profitgang »»
May 5, 8:47 AM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2014

268 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 30, 12:17 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2013

223 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 24, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2013

430 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 20, 12:51 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.