Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 1, 2014 6:21 PM

Jul 2013
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
a nice happy ending. as predicted they enjoyed her singing but that person pissed me off ( blond hair girl who still won't accept mari not Ah Ra.) forgot her name :/ . its also sad some people don't like her other then that it was really heart warming to see her so happy at the end.

oh and I also found the toothpaste part cute :)
Ocelot117Jan 1, 2014 6:25 PM
Jan 1, 2014 9:15 PM

Oct 2011
It was a nice ending and the performance part was as expected. Almost everyone accept her after hearing her beautiful singing.

But it really felt so rushed. And I don't know if I only just imagined it but I felt like the art in the last 2 chapters got worse (well, the art was always top quality and really beautiful, so it's not like it dropped on a bad level). Nothing of what happened with Si Hoo between their last meeting and now was shown. Why was he suddenly back together with Chae Rin? I mean, he didn't love her and all and I can't really imagine him spending the rest of his time with someone he doesn't like. And the fact that she went back to being his bitch is quite stupid as well since she seemed to really have grown a hate on vampires after he dumped her. (And it has been only 2 or 3 days since the incident at the school, hasn't it?)

I would have liked to see more of the after-time. And I wonder why noone outside their school felt bothered by that fang or her drinking blood in a restaurant. The ending let it seem like the whole world is ok for vampires now when in fact only the school accepted her. :/

And I don't know who was responsible for the decision of making Webtoons Live stopping their translation for OM (be it the author himself, an editor or whoever), but that person really is a damn asshole. There was NO damn point in stopping the translation 5(!!) chapters before end. ~.~
If the webtoon would have continued for another year or more, then it would have been a hard but at least in parts understandable decision.. But like they did now? Fuck you.

And even if it didn't get the perfect ending I wished for it, it's still an amazing work and found its place in my favourites. :)
Jan 1, 2014 9:57 PM

Sep 2011
The ending was just ok. It seemed really rushed to me. Like it was just done to end it. I liked her being able to sing and all but it seemed a little too easily resolved and a little too good, which made it seem not to go along with the rest of the story which I thought was great. The last several chapters were really rushed and did not seem to really deal with the issue - almost too magically perfect for how horrible it was when the mob was after her only a short time ago. I'm not saying I wanted a sad ending, just more of a real solution and real tying up in a good time frame not so instantaneous that it seems really rushed.

I get the idea and I liked that everyone liked their perfomance and her voice I thought that was good but seriously this could have gone on as a longer series since it was doing so well I don't know why they just up and ended it so abruptly unless the good ending was planned all along.

So basically I felt sad about this ending - I didn't really like the ending and was left feeling unsatisfied especially since this was so good right up until like the last 3 chapters....
inzarathaJan 1, 2014 10:00 PM
Jan 1, 2014 11:41 PM

Jul 2013
RiukixD said:
It was a nice ending and the performance part was as expected. Almost everyone accept her after hearing her beautiful singing.

But it really felt so rushed. And I don't know if I only just imagined it but I felt like the art in the last 2 chapters got worse (well, the art was always top quality and really beautiful, so it's not like it dropped on a bad level). Nothing of what happened with Si Hoo between their last meeting and now was shown. Why was he suddenly back together with Chae Rin? I mean, he didn't love her and all and I can't really imagine him spending the rest of his time with someone he doesn't like. And the fact that she went back to being his bitch is quite stupid as well since she seemed to really have grown a hate on vampires after he dumped her. (And it has been only 2 or 3 days since the incident at the school, hasn't it?)

I would have liked to see more of the after-time. And I wonder why noone outside their school felt bothered by that fang or her drinking blood in a restaurant. The ending let it seem like the whole world is ok for vampires now when in fact only the school accepted her. :/

And I don't know who was responsible for the decision of making Webtoons Live stopping their translation for OM (be it the author himself, an editor or whoever), but that person really is a damn asshole. There was NO damn point in stopping the translation 5(!!) chapters before end. ~.~
If the webtoon would have continued for another year or more, then it would have been a hard but at least in parts understandable decision.. But like they did now? Fuck you.

And even if it didn't get the perfect ending I wished for it, it's still an amazing work and found its place in my favourites. :)

the author himself said to stop it.
yea it did fell rushed
since it was the last chapteri also wanted to see a kiss

i think the author just got bored and was like fk it.
Jan 2, 2014 5:04 AM

Oct 2011
Well, yes, I know the author wrote them a mail. :P But we can never know if there wasn't someone "behind the scenes" who told him to tell them to stop. :P
Anyway, that was a dick move 5 chapters before the end. ~.~
Jan 2, 2014 5:10 PM

May 2010
Been reading OM sense it's first 6-12 chapters, loveee it. <3
Ending was nice but would loved to see a wedding. ;3

toothpaste scene was kawaii~

Will be missed!
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Jan 2, 2014 5:36 PM

Mar 2012
When I saw that it was the last chapter, I was just... wat. That was rather sudden. I've really enjoyed Orange Marmalade, but the ending felt half-heartedly written. It's really unfortunate how BS-ed the last few chapters felt. Granted, I do think that this series went on for a bit too long and beat around the bush for some portions of the story, but I would have liked to see it take a little more time to end it cleanly and thoughtfully. Nonetheless, when I look back on it, this series did a lot of great things and had some wonderful moments, and I'll miss it.
Jan 2, 2014 7:25 PM
Oct 2013
I was kind of disheartened at how it ended (though it was still a good ending). As everybody else has mentioned, i agree that it seemed a bit rushed; but then again the author did want to finish it. There are still a few questioned that i would have liked to be answered, however ill just ponder about "what ifs" in my own free time ~
All in All, it was still a great read :P
Jan 3, 2014 5:19 AM
Aug 2013
i do feel the last chapter was simply rushing up and winding things.... maybe the series will end soon. after all everything except for si hoo's part has been solved.... only if we do not star a new story altogether from the next chapter or something like that.
Jan 3, 2014 2:49 PM

Jul 2010
''Toothpaste'' is the best way for not biting Jae Min xD They are so cute as a chibi :3
That was a good ending and it makes me happy after all those bad things.Eventually, Mari is smiling . ^^
Jan 3, 2014 5:19 PM

Jul 2013
sakshitaparia said:
maybe the series will end soon.

Cough cough "last chapter" cough...
read any other post......
Ocelot117Jan 3, 2014 5:27 PM
Jan 4, 2014 10:45 AM

Jan 2013
Kind of disappointed in how the end was written. It felt a lot rushed and as if the author just wanted to be done with it or the publisher decided to end it within a few chapters. I would have liked to see more story and developments and possibly a conclusion in their life after high school.

Anyway, one of the mangas I looked forward to reading every week comes to an end. Now, I hope I find another webtoon from similar genre set to fill the gap.
Jan 4, 2014 1:23 PM

Apr 2013
it's gonna be insensitive to all those grieving souls, but does anyone know why the webtoon was titled as OM ? has the author mentioned anything, cause I still wonder
Jan 4, 2014 3:28 PM

Jul 2013
KoSparrows said:
it's gonna be insensitive to all those grieving souls, but does anyone know why the webtoon was titled as OM ? has the author mentioned anything, cause I still wonder
thats probably like asking how did they name bleach
Jan 6, 2014 11:35 PM

Aug 2013
Well that was a nice ending, a bit rushed though. I wonder what will come next from the author.
Jan 8, 2014 11:25 AM
Jan 2014
I really loved the ending to this anime because I think it was happy but still realistic- Like Soo Ri's mom wasn't magically cured and Si Hoo didn't end up with Ma Ri because in the end he couldn't put his feelings for her above his need to be a "natural" vampire. I thought that the song they sang at the end was really perfect and if you haven't already I would try listening to it on youtube while reading the chapter. I guess the only issue I have with it was that there was no warning really that it was going to end. I needed some time to emotionally prepare myself! And maybe they could have included one more kiss between jaemin and ma ri :P Also an epilogue!! I wanted to see what their kids look like :(
Jan 12, 2014 6:43 AM

Sep 2012
a little rushed, expected ending.
Jan 16, 2014 5:34 PM

Jul 2013
RiukixD said:
Why was he suddenly back together with Chae Rin? I mean, he didn't love her and all and I can't really imagine him spending the rest of his time with someone he doesn't like. And the fact that she went back to being his bitch is quite stupid as well since she seemed to really have grown a hate on vampires after he dumped her. (And it has been only 2 or 3 days since the incident at the school, hasn't it?)

^^This. I don't think Chaerin hated vampires. She was just mad at how Si Hoo was in love with Ma Ri so she used her existence as a vampire to make her miserable. I think Si Hoo felt responsible for the entire mess so that's why I think he decided to just keep Chaerin around. That part of the story left me majorly unsatisfied.

I don't think that the author intended to make it seem like the whole world was ok with vampires. Her drinking blood and showing that fang probably did make some people feel uncomfortable but the author didn't show it probably because he thought that with the existence of some people still bullying her (other blondie girl and mysterious person that scribbled on Ma Ri's desk), the idea that some people still don't accept vampires is implied. He probably wanted to show that the world is changing or something.

Since the manhwa ended quite quickly after that notice was sent out to Webtoons Live...I felt that whoever sent that email or whatever was someone else besides the author. Maybe someone hacked his email or something. Because, honestly, telling Webtoons Live to stop their translations when there are like 5 chapters left until the end was pretty stupid.
Jan 27, 2014 6:36 AM

May 2013
lovely ending tearly eyes 10/10
Feb 6, 2014 4:18 AM

Apr 2012
Ah.

I don't feel satisfied.

Maybe because I don't know what's up with Han Si Hoo.

But other than that, I really love this series and sad to see this end. (Jaemin and Baek Ma Ri's scenes are way too cute)

An after story will be good :)))

My forum picture is awesome. #sorrynotsorry (tumblr)

Feb 13, 2014 3:33 PM

May 2013
True, like everyone said.. it was rushed. BUT.. it was nice to see the two together; heart warming.
Apr 11, 2014 3:01 PM

May 2013
The ending wasn't satisfying, there are a few that doesn't really make sense. The most notable one was why did white haired vampire leave with red-haired girl, isn't the white haired vampire in love with Ma Ri?

Anyways the series was quite entertaining gonna give the seies a 7/10 because the humans reaction are too forced, I mean yesterday they were throwing blood packs at her then tomorrow they just apologize like it's not a big deal.

Btw did anyone notice that Ma Ri is developing fangs? It was shown in the last panel. This probably means that she's been drinking some human blood or she's neglecting to grind them monthly. That's another question I'd want answered.
Apr 11, 2014 4:37 PM

Jul 2013
Cheeeeeeese said:
The ending wasn't satisfying, there are a few that doesn't really make sense. The most notable one was why did white haired vampire leave with red-haired girl, isn't the white haired vampire in love with Ma Ri?

Anyways the series was quite entertaining gonna give the seies a 7/10 because the humans reaction are too forced, I mean yesterday they were throwing blood packs at her then tomorrow they just apologize like it's not a big deal.

Btw did anyone notice that Ma Ri is developing fangs? It was shown in the last panel. This probably means that she's been drinking some human blood or she's neglecting to grind them monthly. That's another question I'd want answered.

the fangs meant she was not scared to shows shes a vampire any more so she was not grinding them
Apr 19, 2014 12:02 AM

Apr 2011
Everyone is mentioning that it felt a bit rushed and I agree. The ending seemed to suffer from the "sorry for being an asshole" syndrome where everything turned all fine and dandy suddenly.

The only weakness in the plot was the exaggerated reactions of the humans. I loved most of the characters and the romance was only midly aggravating with the misunderstandings. Enjoyable manhwa overall.

8.5/10
Sep 5, 2014 11:21 AM

Aug 2014
great ending
Sep 25, 2014 7:29 PM

Sep 2009
I think we could have gotten a chapter or two more regarding the progress of their relationship together after all that happened to Mari. I would have also liked to see what were their plans after graduation and what happens to them when they go to college....I wonder if they would have broken up if they decided to go to different college. Long distance relationships are known to fail most of the time. The red-haired girl got away with it too easily imo. The white haired guy shouldn't have stuck with her.

It was a good read anyway for a shoujo manga. I'd give it 8/10.
Nov 14, 2014 9:13 AM

Jul 2010
Ocelot117 said:
KoSparrows said:
thats probably like asking how did they name bleach

Well, no... The title of Bleach is very clear. People think that Ichigo bleaches his hair, even though it is natural.

I really have no clue about the title of OM. It is a complete mystery...

As for the ending seeming rushed, yes, it did a little, but not enough to make it a problem. In a way, though, it is rather "realistic", in a fantasy world kind of way. There are many, many stories where large scale violence against a group of people leads to social change.

One of the best that comes to mind is the Star Trek: Deep Space Nine episode "Past Tense", in which a few of the crew members of the Defiant are thrown back in time to the year 2024, where the problems of homelessness and high unemployment are being "addressed" by society by making "Sanctuary Districts" where the unemployed and homeless are forced to live until they find employment, but the system is built to keep them in instead of helping them out.

In that sense, I found the way the discovery that the murder was committed by a human who faked the appearance of it being a vampire leading to rights groups calling for laws to protect vampires from that type of thing happening again was very realistic.

I was really impressed with the way this manga used the vampire as an analogy to groups that face discrimination in society due to race or sexual preference. The fact that Jae Min came to understand vampires, partially because of his love for Ma Ri, but also in a more general sense as people who are born different with no fault of their own, was very well done. If you replaced Ma Ri being a vampire with her being a pre-op transgender female, the story could be very similar, but it would lack the overarching social change aspect. The rainbow signs held by the social justice protestors was a clear tip of the hat to the homosexual rights movement.

It was a very bold and proactive story and I loved it.

As for Si Hoo leaving with the redhead, that made sense to me. Remember back in chapter 105, after he had sent her packing because he had fallen in love with Ma Ri, he found the multiple bags of her blood in the fridge? Then, in chapter 106, it shows him finishing off one of those bags before getting singed by the sun. I took that to mean the following:

1. He realized that Ma Ri was never going to return his feelings, even if she didn't get back with Jae Min, due to their fundamentally different view of how vampires should live their lives.
2. He initially wasn't going to "indulge" in her blood, after having told her he didn't like the taste of it anymore, but then gave in.
3. He realized that, yes, he really does still want her blood and, by extension, has real feelings for her.

I never took the redhead's little snit fit against Ma Ri to be anything other than a fit of jealousy. She hated that Si Hoo wanted to be with Ma Ri over her and had a way to get back at her. It wasn't real hatred of vampires, just of Ma Ri. She was still head over heals for Si Hoo.

Si Hoo knew that he had to leave and not be around Ma Ri, since it was clear that she was going to be trying to live her version of a modern "out" vampire's life and his version would only make her life harder and possibly even endanger her. So he went off into the shadows, where vampires like him belong.

The toothpaste thing was cute. It showed that the two of them were working together to try to get past the very real biological fact that she really, really does have the urge to devour him, and not in a sexually symbolic way. Their relationship is more important and stronger than trifling issues of her wanting to have him for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and an occasional midnight snack.

I loved the final image of a smiling Ma Ri with her fang glistening in the sunlight. Vampire pride, on display!
Dec 12, 2014 12:31 PM

Jan 2014
KoSparrows said:

In one special chapter the author answered questions and one of them was "What is orange marmalade?" I think it was much more important "Why is the manhwa called Orange Marmalade?" (by the way the answer to that other question was something like "marmalade made out of orange skin"). Anyway, we don't know the real meaning of it. As usual.

Ocelot117 said:
Cheeeeeeese said:

the fangs meant she was not scared to shows shes a vampire any more so she was not grinding them

But she didn't develop fangs because of drinking human blood, not doing that was the point for her as a vampire. She simply stopped grinding them as she used you, for the reason Ocelot117 says. Anyway I thought her finally showing her fangs was a nice touch to conclude.
KuroMayKamiDec 12, 2014 12:37 PM
“We see what we want to see”
Mar 12, 2015 10:41 AM

Dec 2014
Just finished. PM me if you'd like to discuss it. :)
May 24, 2015 10:51 AM
Aug 2014
The ending was good however I felt some things were missing.

Why didn't any of human characters go "b**** please, you are a thousand times more likely to be killed by a human than a vampire" whenever someone mentions "vampires killed humans in the past"?

Why did it have to be Mari's father to get on his knees to convince the humans to let them stay? A human should've been the one.

Although some of the human students realized they were the REAL monsters (felt superficial though, as if they were trying to clear their conscience by saying sorry), the parents or adults did not.

On a side note, good for Han Shi for taking responsibility of his mistake, which was dragging a crazy b*tch around. Would she be considered a yandere?

Overall I read this manhwa b/c I saw the Kdrama for it. Even though the Kdrama deviates greatly from the source I look forward to how they will piece everything together in the end.

9/10
derprumeMay 24, 2015 9:24 PM
Aug 24, 2015 4:30 AM
Aug 2015
It's still on going or end up like this? I really want to know the next story
Oct 25, 2016 6:33 PM

Dec 2015
I'm glad that most people accepted her in the end, she looks better with her vampire teeth :pp
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Nov 21, 2016 12:50 PM

Apr 2010
Just finished reading it, and I also thought the ending was rushed... tbh it would've been more realistic if jaemin continued to hate vampires, and mae ri got together with shiho.
I'm kinda disappointed with the ending .
But overall the story was good and the art was amazing . Plus the story kept me grasped at all times , so thank you to the author for that .
Hope she's made more stuff like this so I can check them all out .
Jul 31, 2017 1:47 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Really liked the ending, simple, preditabled, but just like the manhwa, its strengh lies on simple yet additive and moving scenes, you dont need something complex when you get the execution done right. I very much enjoyed the way the vampires were portrayed and the fact it didnt end with Mari gets to suck some yummy jaemin's blood.

That red chick deserved a beating though, what a bitch, and I still dont like the guts off the silver haired vampire, but it he had cool scenes too.

8.6 for a very enjoyable read. The art was good once you got used to it, and the comedy with the chubis was soo funny!
Nov 13, 2018 11:17 AM
Jul 2015
I'm actually curious - can the Vampires and Humans actually interbreed, or was it clearily stated that such couples couldn't produce children of their own?
I know there were a few parts suggesting that they needed only vampire-pairs to have next gen vampires, though I wonder - does that mean no offspring on the V->H line, or that the children would just be some sort of "half-vampres" - obviously not in the way the kids of the MC of Strike the Blood turned out to be. :P
May 3, 2019 12:12 PM

Jun 2015
Pretty eh ending. Awful development. She ended up with Jaemin forcefully, because with no better option, apparently you need to pick the least bad...that guy should've beaten up his friend a bit more and shoved his sister aside as well, plus live by her side repenting like a dog. Four Eyes went astray in a blink of an eye. Her whole school was like "one seemingly vampiric incident, all vampires are bad", then "oh it was faked, so all's well". Soo Ri's mom died so it was skipped? No surprise from redhead. Si Hoo was more of a plot development tool than an actual character. Made so he wouldn't change no matter what...
Ma Ri should've explored the world of anime, manga, manhwa, novels and games a bit more. Poor kid. Wouldn't have had a reason to try to commit suicide if so. Lol.

Anyway, it was a semi-good journey so won't call it trash. Twilight is a better love story though.
Feb 21, 2021 12:49 AM
Feb 2021
Hey but did you guys forget the scene where the mls cut on body automatically restored...oh there should have been more to it...i think it was rushed
Jun 5, 2021 8:39 AM
Jul 2018
wait why is the chapter count wrong?

More topics from this board

» How much focus is there on "LOVE TRIANGLE"

Le_Light - Sep 16, 2020

2 by Mathi786 »»
Oct 7, 2021 4:13 AM

» Where to read this manhwa

OmarElabd - May 20, 2018

4 by Asterax7 »»
May 3, 2021 11:59 PM

Poll: » Orange Marmalade Chapter 2 Discussion

rebelakuma - Jul 8, 2013

4 by Punkero »»
Apr 2, 2019 10:40 AM

Poll: » Orange Marmalade Chapter 1 Discussion

omega_d94 - Sep 29, 2013

5 by Punkero »»
Apr 2, 2019 10:33 AM

» Can anyone explain me the title of this series?

Playcool - Jul 31, 2017

4 by Playcool »»
Apr 9, 2018 7:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.