Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 8, 2009 7:40 PM

Nov 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I realized with this episode that I've lost track of where Nami, Robin and Usopp are at this time. Sanji and Frankie are on the ship, Zoro is busy getting lost, and Luffy, Chopper and Brook are looking for the "coating" guy. But the last I remember about Nami and Robin was that they were shopping somewhere, and I can't remember where Usopp parted ways with the rest of the gang.

In any event, with those other super-pirates around, Luffy's gang is obviously going to once again learn some painful lessons about why you don't divide your forces in the face of enemies (unless you are someone like Napoleon... and Luffy isn't.)

So all-in-all, this wasn't bad for a episode that was primarily preparatory explanation, but I certainly hope that the next episode is more than just an amusement part.
Mar 8, 2009 8:12 PM

May 2007
Nami and Robin are shopping, as you said. Usopp stayed on the ship with Franky and Sanji

Man, wow. The way they introduced the supernovas was much more exciting here than it was in the manga. This is probably one of the very few instances where the anime does a better job than the manga in showing what happens (Merry-Go's funeral is another). Anyway, as you can tell, great episode. More explanations (seems like the last bunch of episodes have been all explanations, which just goes to show you how complicated things are going to get in the future for all you non-manga readers).

I absolutely loved Shakki's seiyuu and Law's as well. Can't comment much on the others till I hear them a bit more, but they all seemed okay. Bonnie's was a bit deeper than I expected (though I would love to see her and Luffy eating dinner at the same table...I wonder how that would go. Lol)
VK11Mar 8, 2009 8:19 PM
Mar 8, 2009 8:56 PM

Jan 2008
vindemon64 said:
Bonnie's was a bit deeper than I expected (though I would love to see her and Luffy eating dinner at the same table...I wonder how that would go. Lol)

lol As someone who's seen all of the Slayers series, I'd say it'd probably be something along the lines of Gourry and Lina, where when it gets down to one slab of meat, they'll have a sword fight with forks. XD

This was a pretty good episode, and the preview for the second one only reminds me of how great this is going to end up getting in only a few more episodes.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Mar 8, 2009 9:07 PM

Jul 2006
I had nine different orgasms.

Mar 8, 2009 9:44 PM

Feb 2008
JusticeGundam said:

lucky to be you?

well this one was pretty good. excellent foreshadowing and all that junk. its always nice to see a good transition like this. they explained a lot but not too much.
Mar 8, 2009 9:44 PM

Nov 2007
Suddenly Apoo seems a lot cooler than he was in the manga.

Looking forward to next week...
Mar 8, 2009 11:42 PM

Jul 2008
11 people who have over 100 million, exlcuding luffy and zoro, that 9 to contest for the title of pirate king. and that captain kid guy only got a higher bounty b/c he attacks civilians, how must up is that? his enemy should be the marines not the people, at least luffy got his bounty by trying to overthrow a corrupt system
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Mar 9, 2009 7:19 AM

Aug 2007
Wow. Jewelry Bonney eats just as much as Luffy. Besides that, I loved this episode. I'm definitely getting a better idea of what's going on than the manga.
Mar 9, 2009 11:14 AM

Jul 2008
kage-bunshin said:
11 people who have over 100 million, exlcuding luffy and zoro, that 9 to contest for the title of pirate king. and that captain kid guy only got a higher bounty b/c he attacks civilians, how must up is that? his enemy should be the marines not the people, at least luffy got his bounty by trying to overthrow a corrupt system
Those are only the Rookies as well. Let's not ignore the Yonkou or anyone who is on the other side of the Red Line in the New World.

Anyhoo, sweet episode. The introduction of the Supernovas as previous stated, was far better than in the manga and I didn't think that was possible. The archipelago arc is coming to a head though, and it's going to get down, dirty and all sorts of awesome shortly. Can't wait!

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Mar 9, 2009 1:14 PM

Feb 2008
That was pretty good. I also liked the supernova's introduction in the anime better. I just hope the next few episodes are the same way though, as long as it is well done, I will be satisfied with the results.
Mar 9, 2009 2:02 PM
Jun 2007
Great episode. I liked the voices of all of the Supernova except for Bonney. while she was talking, I can't help but think of fat girls. >_>

speaking of voices, Wakamoto, Norio for Rayleigh anyone?
Mar 9, 2009 2:19 PM

Sep 2008
Great episode, awesome introductions!
Mar 9, 2009 2:39 PM

Jul 2008
the supernovas is beastly man i hope my seen with zoro is next
Mar 9, 2009 3:20 PM

Dec 2007
Excellent episode!!
The explanations were very well done, as well as the information given by Shakki about the difference in bounties and the routes and Rayleigh being 100 times stronger than them, it all just excited me so much!!

I can't wait to see the supernovas' powers in action, specially Kid, Law and Hawkins!!

My Claims:
Mar 9, 2009 3:40 PM

Jan 2009
Great Epi. I'm eager to see the power of the pirates
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 9, 2009 7:48 PM
Oct 2007
Loved every darn second of this ep. Can't believe the "coating" guy has an even greater bounty than all them Supernovas. Wondering who he is.

Luffy >>>> Kid
Mar 9, 2009 8:39 PM

Oct 2008
It might be only an exageration, but i felt like this episode was a little darker because of the way Brook and Chopper looked at the end of their fight, the blood that suddenly appeared in front of them when they saw that lady doing her bussiness and the presentation of the supernovas. On the other side, I liked Killer, Law, and Kid (Joker's anime version)
Mar 10, 2009 2:51 AM

Apr 2008
The introduction of the supernovas looked awesome. I'm one of the rare ones that don't read the manga, so it looks like alot of things will be unfolding soon in this arc.

I loved the bit when Chopper thought he had to pay for the fairy floss, lol.
Mar 10, 2009 8:55 AM

Oct 2008
maltesers said:
I loved the bit when Chopper thought he had to pay for the fairy floss, lol.

That part was really funny. I also laughed when Brook got a direct answer when he asked the lady about her panties xD, although I hope he gets more types of gags, because he only has two("panties" and "i don't have this body part because I'm all bones").
Mar 10, 2009 9:19 AM

Apr 2008
Nice episode, liked it. I was actually surprised to see that Luffy was still nmbr 2 @ bounties the way they brought it, thought there would be more than 1 guy with higher bounty than luffy...
I guess I could have known though, since I didn't hear of any other pirate crew owning MULTIPLE Shichibukai ^_^
Mar 10, 2009 2:48 PM

Jul 2007
kage-bunshin said:

Well he uses fire(?) or explosion so no wonder there are civilian casulties. Looking forward to next one.
Mar 10, 2009 9:43 PM

Oct 2008
Personally, instead of Luffy, I'm looking forward to watching a battle between the supernova's and the other people of Straw Hat crew. I think is time for Sanji and Chopper to build up their bounties a little more (just a little for Chopper :D).
Mar 11, 2009 3:52 AM

Sep 2008
not only did he beat warlords but the Ernst lobby is also hard to match for any other pirate. The only guy that is higher ranked than Luffy must have done a lot of horrible stuff if his reason of higher bounty is only civilan casulties :P

"It dosen't make me happy at all you idiot" epic as always :D
Mar 11, 2009 8:30 AM

Apr 2008
JusticeGundam said:

Damn... I had 8...

Mar 11, 2009 9:50 AM

Sep 2008
loved teh introduction to the supernovas
and was expecting more people to have a higher bountie than luffy by the way they introduced them but meh good ep
Mar 11, 2009 9:56 PM

Jan 2008
Got a really good laugh from Brook when he was talking to Shakki :) And yeah, the supernovas where awesome :D

Mar 12, 2009 4:45 PM
Jun 2008
man,when i heard the last sentence in this ep
("dont worry ,he's 100 times stronger than you")i almost cried
the introduction (with the guy with the fork espcially XD) was amazing!~
Mar 12, 2009 7:10 PM

Oct 2008
Bonney's voice is deeper than i expected it to be.

Mar 14, 2009 5:31 PM

Jun 2007
Brook meeting Shakki was golden!
Supernova's are awesome, nuff said. I do hope we'll see a lot more of them in the future.
Mar 15, 2009 1:55 AM

Jan 2008
Kid, Law and Kuma!! and looking forward to the future :3
Love this anime soo much Best of it's kind!!
I hope they start the next ark before i go to collage!!! >.<
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 15, 2009 5:27 AM

Dec 2008
Supernovas of the Grand Line!

Trafalgar Law - cool guy
Apoo - annoying
Hawkins - scary guy
Eustass Kid - highest bounty
Mafia guy, sky island guy, mask guy (killer), ex-marine guy
Bonney - obligatory woman
Luffy and Zoro

Although Luffy's bounty isn't number one, I guess Strawhat crew's total bounty is number one of all crew's since it's every member has a bounty. Robin is almost 100 million, too.
Mar 15, 2009 9:55 AM

Oct 2007
JusticeGundam said:

lmfao

one piece gets interesting so fast compare to all the OVER NINETHOUSAND fillers Naruto and Bleach gets. x.x
Mar 23, 2009 10:28 PM

Apr 2007
Avarice said:
speaking of voices, Wakamoto, Norio for Rayleigh anyone?

I think Wakamoto voicing Kizaru would be more interesting...and hilarious XD
Mar 27, 2009 3:25 AM
Mar 2008
Somehow I managed to picture Sanji cooking for Jewelry... They'd make quite a pair, and Sanji'd be a whole lot quicker with his feet and, well, if he's in a kitchen, his hands. God, they made the animated presentation well. I jizzed in my pants through the whole scene. Or wait.... I think it's pee....dammit, I forgot I had to pee. Crap, now I gotta wash the couch.
Mar 27, 2009 3:27 AM
Mar 2008
Oh yeah, one other thing. I was extremely surprised to find out Shakki has the exact same voice I imagined during the manga. Way to go Tsuru Hiromi!! :D
Jun 11, 2009 3:20 AM

Jan 2009
Awesome episode.

Lol. My new desktop background.

Nov 13, 2009 9:48 PM

May 2008
Lepchin17 said:
Awesome episode.

Lol. My new desktop background.

+1

yeah chopper does not need to pay.
Nov 23, 2009 2:08 PM

Feb 2009
Man the best bit was the introduction of the Supernova's, man they looked badass. Im loving it now, this is getting interesting, now the group will split up and have to fight some painfl battles. Nice, that Trafalgar Law looks the best out of all of them. XD
Dec 5, 2009 9:04 PM

Aug 2008
this is a freakin amazin go zorro you can beat them all oh an mabey luffy found a soul mate in bonnie
Dec 20, 2009 3:39 PM

Sep 2008
Luffy vs. Bonney in an all you can eat match.
Feb 25, 2010 2:48 PM
Feb 2009
kage-bunshin said:
That captain kid guy only got a higher bounty b/c he attacks civilians, how must up is that? his enemy should be the marines not the people, at least luffy got his bounty by trying to overthrow a corrupt system

we all need to remember that this is only the official version giving by the world government. we can't know for sure yet if it is the truth.
Eg. Nico Robin is known all over the world as "the kid who destroyed an entire Island" and untill the Enies Lobby arc we belived it (or atleast I did) but then we found out that it was only a cover up made to blame someone else for the crimes made by the World government.

I'm just saying that it could be the same thing here
Mar 28, 2010 1:25 AM

Oct 2008
WHOAAAAAAA, its getting so intense. :D
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Apr 16, 2010 10:27 PM

May 2008
yea more pirates !

Awesome Sig by Lailide
May 22, 2010 12:04 PM

Feb 2009
Wow man this was crazy, they keep introducing more and more characters, now the ones that will be competing with Luffy, and they were all pretty interesting characters. I can't wait for the events that will unfld in the new world.
Apr 11, 2011 1:29 AM

Jul 2007
Now this episode was just awesome. The introduction of so many new characters. The "11 super nova's"

Eustass Kid - 315 million
Monkey D. Luffy - 300 million
Basil Hawkins - 249 million
X. Drake - 222 million
Trafalgar Law - 200 million
Scratchmen Apoo - 198 million
Killer - 162 million
Jewelry Bonney - 140 million
Capone Bege - 138 million
Roronoa Zoro - 128 million (can't belive zoro is only 2nd place)
Urouge - 108 million

I never would of though that the grand line is simply a test to see who can make it to red line. Out of thousands of pirate crew, only 11 pirate gangs made it and all of them have a bounty of over 100 million. Damn. Yet all of them are refereed to as just rookies? That is pretty crazy, that means, even though luffy has a high bounty of 300 million and has made a name for him self. He is still considered a rookie. I can't imagine what stronger powers and forces they will overcome in the new world. Still its surprising to see that luffy is actually 2nd place. But i was a bit put off by zoro only being 2nd to last place. There is really that much of a gap between zoro and luffy. Weird.

Also Rayleigh is 100 times stronger then all of these guys?? 100 times stronger?? you have to got to be shitting me. He is probably the strongest characters yet shown in the series. If he is a 100 times stronger then luffy.

Anyways i loved the introduction of Law, kid and Drake, i think those ones have the coolest looking appearances and they look pretty bad ass. So many new characters. People tell me this is where the story takes a definite turn. i guess will just have to see.

Another question i have? Is this island the largest that they have been to? Well technically its not an island, but when they shown that diagram of the grand line and the different dotted colored lines showing the 11 super nova's pathways to the red line. Sabaody Archipelago looked like the biggest dot on the map. So i am guessing this is the largest region that luffy's crew has been to so far.
ArtimesGamerApr 11, 2011 1:49 AM

Apr 11, 2011 8:01 AM

Dec 2008
link9us said:

Another question i have? Is this island the largest that they have been to? Well technically its not an island, but when they shown that diagram of the grand line and the different dotted colored lines showing the 11 super nova's pathways to the red line. Sabaody Archipelago looked like the biggest dot on the map. So i am guessing this is the largest region that luffy's crew has been to so far.

Well hard to tell since they never give the dimensions of the islands. However i doubt that Sabaody is the biggest (remember alabasta?), I'm guessing they merely used the larger dot as an illustration to show where they all were going to.
KhanzoApr 11, 2011 2:51 PM
Apr 11, 2011 12:44 PM

Jul 2007
Khanzo said:
link9us said:

Well hard to tell since they never give the dimensions of the islands. However i doubt that Sabaody is the biggest (remember alabasta?), I'm guessing they merely used the larger dot as an illustration to show where they all where going to.

Yeah im not sure, but if this area includes the entire marine headquarters central. Then surely its huge. cause that region is big.

Apr 11, 2011 4:25 PM

Feb 2009
I'd say the Admirals are among the most powerful entities in OP so far. Then there are the Yonkou we still don't know as well.
Apr 11, 2011 6:10 PM

Jul 2007
Veethorn said:
I'd say the Admirals are among the most powerful entities in OP so far. Then there are the Yonkou we still don't know as well.

I would kind of dissagree. though the admirals are deffinitly stronger, i don't truly believe they are the strongest characters shown so far.

I was surprised that Rayliegh was a 100 times stronger, thats just insane. The gap is huge. i wonder if hes even stronger then the Yonkua. Seems to me. Although it was said that Moria was fighting against that one yonkua and actually almost defeated him if it wasn't for a certain incident. Anyways that was moria's story. Don't even know if its true or not and moria was pretty weak, he just had the ability to manipulate shadows.

Who knows though? I am just making guesses here, but when i hear 100 times stronger then luffy, that is pretty up there in rank. i don't think you can get much stronger then that lol.

I personally think that any of the Jolly roger pirates were probably the strongest pirate crew in the entire grand line given the fact they were the only ones to get to raftel. I also think there is something very mysterious about the Gorusei. They might also be considered the strongest characters on the marines side of the world government, given there age and battle scars. Also they are above the marines. I really don't believe the admirals rival them in power. Even though that hasn't been explained yet. I also have a prediction about the 20 kings. Of course i might be wrong but i think the 5 elder gorseu, might be the last remaining race of those 20 kings from that advanced civilization. hopefully they explain more about this though.

It is interesting stuff though when you try to put all this together, even if im wrong and trying to get ahead of my self.

Apr 12, 2011 10:40 AM

Dec 2008
link9us said:
Even though that hasn't been explained yet. I also have a prediction about the 20 kings. Of course i might be wrong but i think the 5 elder gorseu, might be the last remaining race of those 20 kings from that advanced civilization. hopefully they explain more about this though.

It is interesting stuff though when you try to put all this together, even if im wrong and trying to get ahead of my self.

just to clear it up:
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» one of the most boring arcs - egghead

amande07 - 2 hours ago

4 by Zarutaku »»
22 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 40 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MrHatandClogs - Mar 24, 2009

61 by TheStarscream759 »»
41 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 86 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kaizokuou - Sep 22, 2009

93 by Bird »»
54 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1108 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Jun 8

43 by -hzl »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 545 Discussion ( 1 2 )

WolfWood37 - Apr 29, 2012

53 by gannoncannon55 »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.