Forum Settings
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 1, 2014 10:13 PM

May 2010
Sachi, my fav and otp with Kirito... :/ Don't really see how Keiko looks similar to Suguha, Kirito is weird... I really like Liz x Kirito as well, I liked Asuna x Kirito a lot in the first season but it became somewhat boring in the 2nd half. Suguha sure has it rough, you can really feel for her. Now that I see it, she admirable and strong. On a 2nd go-through, I think ALO wasn't as bad as we make it seem. Just that Asuna was pretty much in the same place, and stopped being an epic protagonist she once was.

Suguha's fear of water felt natural and wasn't overdramatic. A whale, good for Yui. I really enjoyed it, it was great. Nice ending song too.

9/10
Jan 1, 2014 10:55 PM

Sep 2013
AsukaTenjyoin said:
unmemorable_hero said:
Jose07 said:
who was that calling kirito at the end of the credits?
That's what I want to know. I can't remember everyone's name in every anime I watch.

It's Kikuoka Seijirou, the man who interviewed Kirito during this special.

If you can explain, please explain why he called him, didn't he interview him and left it at that, or is he an important character later on?
There's no magical spell to save someone's life.
Jan 2, 2014 12:39 AM

Aug 2013
Super excited!
Jan 2, 2014 1:24 AM

Apr 2009
Yui wants to see a whale...basically that was it. But hey let's do 3/4 of the movie as a recap with bikini and swimsuits to spice things up and a glimpse of New Aincrad from afar. Kikuoka's calling again in the post credits scene, I wonder what complications and problems he wants to talk about now... XD Anyway t'was OK by me. 7/10
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jan 2, 2014 5:30 AM

Jun 2010
Jose07 said:
AsukaTenjyoin said:
unmemorable_hero said:
Jose07 said:
That's what I want to know. I can't remember everyone's name in every anime I watch.

If you can explain, please explain why he called him, didn't he interview him and left it at that, or is he an important character later on?

You will know why he called him when season two begins.

If you really wanna spoil yourself then,
Jan 2, 2014 6:16 AM

Nov 2011
3/5

If you've already seen Sword Art Online, you do not need this special period of a movie, if you start to learn SAO, there will "probably" useful.
Animated well, is enjoyable little and only at the end of the anime series for connoisseurs.
Drawings not great, I was expecting more, but I found the same people the same way you do and even if Asuna revised version in blue hair I was a little surprised, I noticed that the style of his clothes and how to Kirito, which is always the same, what a shame! Ah, well cut ... D:
Publicity stunt, that will not have me among his supporters, do not buy you this special, it's almost useless, only if I give almost take it!
I hope that the second season is long better view of this stuff so far! ^ ^ "
Jan 2, 2014 7:03 AM

Aug 2013
Glad they released this special. The story was being told in multiple different views which was very interesting, especially with the girls. I had no idea that Asuna had a crush on Kirito from the moment they met which made it really interesting. Also, the last 20 minutes of the show was better than I was expecting. I was watching how much is left and saw that there was 20 minutes left getting worried about whether they'll even do the new footage or not but I was glad that it was put in, although it would have been awesome if the new footage were longer.
Jan 2, 2014 7:23 AM

Aug 2009
Well fuck the recap can actually refute many "plotholes" easier than the tv version could...
-----------------------
Read the scene Agil...
Poor Klein.

Lots of elements from the Excaliber/Caliber arc.

Well I thought that it would be mostly fanservice, and while it did have enough of it, the -small- quest made up for it.Still focusing on the girls' breasts for no reason bugs me a bit.Good as a recap.
Nice lead up to GGO at the end..

My only real complain is that Kikuoka doesnt look like Kikuoka.Dont know if it is the voice or mannerisms.
Jan 2, 2014 10:54 AM

Jul 2013
Wow watching this really remind me of how bland SAO characters really are. Suguha is the only one who's a tiny bit interesting. The battles seem so boring and one-dimensional especially after watching how intricate the battles in Log Horizon were.

God save the 2nd season. Hopefully the plot is strong enough to mask the flaws.
Jan 2, 2014 11:07 AM

Sep 2013
-MgZ_ said:
Jose07 said:
AsukaTenjyoin said:
unmemorable_hero said:
Jose07 said:

You will know why he called him when season two begins.

If you really wanna spoil yourself then,

ahh ok ok, well thank you.
There's no magical spell to save someone's life.
Jan 2, 2014 11:24 AM

Jul 2010
Lots of part is waste of time but I missed so much.
It's just so cute to see Asuna wearing a bikini.Also, others are good.I think the most enjoyable part was Klein when he wants to see girls in bikini in the quest but he realised no one does this. Klein and his expression xD
At the end of part , I'm happy to see Yui finally saw a whale in her own world.
I enjoyed to see Sao again and can't wait for the 2nd season :)
Jan 2, 2014 2:04 PM

Dec 2008
Almost 2 hours of mostly recaps. Wow...
Jan 2, 2014 3:11 PM

Oct 2013
Huge_Ego said:
Nice, re-established my love for anime.

This did? I hope you'll rot in hell for that.
Jan 2, 2014 8:27 PM

Sep 2013
Not bad for a recap, but I still feel like I should of just skipped to last 25 mins of the episode :\
Jan 3, 2014 5:59 AM

Feb 2013
Ok, so question about the songs...

MAL states that the ED for this is ""Yume Sekai (ユメセカイ)" by Eir Aoi", but in reality the song that plays at the end is the OP (which also plays at the start), ""Niji no Oto (虹の音)" by Eir Aoi", so I guess this is just a fault on the MAL page? Aoi didn't sing any song like that during the entire thing?
Jan 3, 2014 6:53 AM

Mar 2013
Some recap`s were nice and some good feels to the extra and the quest from the ocean was also nice it feels good again to watch SAO can`t wait for GGO :)
Jan 3, 2014 10:50 AM

Nov 2012
wooouuaahh!! suguha!! <3 really miss her.. XD seems like she has "level up"! XD
hmm ... its true.. some recap with new quest.. :3 a bit boring but okay I guess.. make me can watch SAO again :3 really miss this show! XD
yeah season 2 is on the way.. looking forward with it! XD damn its gonna be awesome Phantom Bullet.. Shion.. yeah.. its gonna be really great..
and the whale hoho.. yui look really happy :3

seijurou kikouka.. why he record it I wonder.. and whats with the end.. I wonder why he calling kirito :3
HMMM!! CANT WAIT SECOND SEASON! XD
Jan 3, 2014 10:12 PM

Sep 2013
i managed to watch the extra edition last night and wow that was longer than i thought .__.
still, was a pretty good summary of the anime. haha i liked the sea invaders mission :-)
Jan 4, 2014 3:02 AM

Aug 2013
So it's basically a recap of SAO's episode 1 - 25 and a little underwater adventure... Seems nice.

And TBH, I was shocked, about sugu's breast, what a huge knockers hahaha.

Reminiscing about that ALO, when kirito found out that sugu was leafa, hahaha Dat forbidden love.

Oh well, gotta wait for SAO 2...
Jan 4, 2014 3:55 AM

Jan 2013
Skipped all the recaps, honestly it wasn't quite needed. Nothing amazing in the underwater dungeon either. 3/5
A friend and I started ShoukoChan Anime T-shirts. We design modern and fashionable anime T-shirts you'd love to wear on a day out. Come check us out!
Jan 4, 2014 10:27 AM

Jul 2010
Disgusting. A whole special about recaps we already saw, mizugi-fanservice scenes just to increase the sales and the dungeon was with power-up but watchable.

4/10. I feel like I wasted my time and now I want it back. I'm becoming masochist? It might be so. Utterly horrible, I don't know how can people enjoy this.
Jan 4, 2014 12:00 PM

Oct 2009
Waste of time indeed.
Jan 4, 2014 7:50 PM

Jul 2010
Sigh. As usual, too much fanservice. SAO, please, spare me the close-ups of Suguha's chest.

Anyways, for a recap, it wasn't bad at all. It was pretty engaging, really, and refreshed me on the story so far. For everyone who's complaining that the movie was a waste of time, you should have realized that it was a recap from the start. I think they presented it very nicely, with new material spliced in and hints for season 2. I assume the very end was a slight teaser for season 2, and I find myself slightly interested. But only mildly more interested than before, lol.

For me, personally, the only thing SAO has going for it is the KiritoxAsuna romance. It's just...special, and I'm not sure why. It seems so pure and unwavering, maybe because of their commitment and marriage and whatnot. But I just can't stand all the fanservice, and the "meh" story. I will admit it has some pretty cool action scenes. It was fun to reminisce on those in the recap.

I liked the original material. It was cool seeing how a usual quest plays out in the game. I was fangirling a bit - man, I would die to play an MMORPG like that. <3 Can't wait for virtual reality games!

Overall, 7/10.
fishergirl16Jan 4, 2014 7:56 PM
Jan 4, 2014 8:26 PM

Jul 2008
Well there's hardly a more fitting word than horrible for this.
Jan 4, 2014 9:09 PM

Aug 2011
i feel like suguha's character is just boobs and love for kirito.
it was nice seeing good old recaps of first season 5/10 for me.
shouyoJan 4, 2014 9:15 PM
Jan 6, 2014 2:16 PM

Jul 2010
Glorified recap. Waste of time. The last 20 minutes or so was at least mildly entertaining.
Jan 6, 2014 2:51 PM

Apr 2013
This was basically a recap with Suguha learning to swim.

Though the part with the underwater quest at the end was fun.
Jan 7, 2014 9:06 PM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
Well it's about as stellar as any recap episode is going to be. Underwater dungeon was okay, fan service was surprisingly annoying; I realise I'm gonna have to put up with that in the second season too.
Jan 8, 2014 11:04 PM

Aug 2012
Wow, that's one long recap.
I hope they don't screw up GGO.
Jan 10, 2014 10:45 AM

Nov 2012
Recap Im sad
Jan 11, 2014 7:21 PM

Jan 2011
I only hope that Suguha and Kirito left some important details out in their respective reports, otherwise some relationships might be a bit weird in SAO 2.

Overall it was okay. It was one of the better ways to do a recap, we got some new stuff with Suguha learning to swim, and of course the dungeon at the end.

The fanservice..well, sure there as quite a bit, but it was a pool/beach "episode", and they used Suhuga's boobs quite a bit in SAO itself, so it was no surprise. And they actually used their gear for the dungeon. They could have gone there with their swimsuits, just as Klein had hoped..
Jan 12, 2014 7:49 AM

Oct 2012
Awesome.... my beautiful memories when i watched this series back then...
The only part i hate is when sugou tried to rape asuna.... shit i want to kill him by myself, and slit his neck... fuck!!!!

Asuna was so beautiful there, liz tried to did some tsukkomi and poor silica with her chest, sasuga sugu no oppai!

Cant wait for SAO2

Jan 13, 2014 7:32 AM

Nov 2010
Puh to think I would have to sit through 70 mins of old materials with new ones on and off
Luckily it has been a while, since I've seen SAO so it wasn't such a drag

The new quest at the end and fanservice before kept me interested
It's a nice warm up to a new season
Jan 13, 2014 11:02 AM
Feb 2013
Its good to watched the old scene(in different way), feels nostalgic even though I've been watch SAO over and over 'till now.
But, the truth is Im disappointed when they only give less than 20mins about the scenes-of-what-ppl-really-want.
I was expecting the ALO leftover story about Kirito and Leafa and the legendary sword excalibur, but theres nothiing.
Oh well, even though I disappointed, still am enjoyed it 'coz SAO is one of my fav anime(s)
Jan 13, 2014 12:33 PM

Oct 2012
During recap I realized how fun was those first 13 episode and how awful was those latter 13 ones. The second part of this movie was ok, nothing special (though they managed to do one of today'sl MMO typical quest), but those underwater adventures made me want to play Guild Wars 2 again :D
Jan 15, 2014 12:23 AM

Jul 2013
well it was fine...
Jan 15, 2014 12:41 AM

Sep 2010
I loved that suguha was still a main focus in the recap and didnt become a bg char! Looks like shes grown taller as well and err more well developed. My favorite character!
Jan 17, 2014 2:06 PM

Sep 2013
DAMM I LOVE IT!!

even that i hate to watch something twice i still enjoyed it :)

and they made arc 2 to look really good (lol :P)

really like the move/recap and i hope for more sao :)

9/10
i got no gif for my signature..... imagine some cool swords clashing and light and fighting everywhere!
Jan 18, 2014 9:16 PM

Dec 2009
Looks like Suguha still has lingering feelings. Interesting if the next season will address them or not. Speaking of next season, incoming call. Screams something is going down. Great special glad to see the Sword Art Online gang again. They even got to ride a whale!

Finally, dat ending music :D
Jan 24, 2014 5:21 AM
Jul 2018
I'll Be Completely Honest. I would Like to Say that This Was Horrible. They Didn't put Anything Interesting in there. I mean they Made some Cutouts from Original Series and Put them In One Episode. Then They Had to Make Up Some Storyline so they Just made up Some NON-Interesting Quest in the end. Animations was good but Storyline was Horrible.
removed-userJan 24, 2014 5:25 AM
Jan 29, 2014 8:59 PM

Sep 2012
looking forward to season 2
Feb 4, 2014 1:55 AM

Aug 2013
Undine Asuna... *drools... XD
Feb 8, 2014 5:48 AM
Dec 2012
Pretty much just a recap with about 30 minutes of new content.
Feb 13, 2014 11:03 PM

Nov 2011
Lol sexual harassment xP
Oh, Suguha, you poor soul.
But Yui will always be my favorite!
"It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place it become rigid and stale." - Uncle Iroh
Feb 20, 2014 12:22 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Disappointing to be honest. Why do MAL'ers give a 7.5 to something that is essentially a recap with a bit of fanservice on top?

Still looking forward to season 2 though.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 28, 2014 9:04 PM

Feb 2013
Not a half-bad recap/summary of the series. A good way to review before season 2.

Kraken! (I'm glad they didn't do stupid things with those tentacles...)
Mar 2, 2014 7:50 AM

Feb 2012
I liked the episode overall because it's been a while since I've seen the show. It pretty much brought it back in 1h20 and the last 20 minutes were original content.

9/10!
Mar 2, 2014 5:46 PM

Aug 2013
Recap. Ugh.

Though, it wasn't a bad recap, I liked the way it was told. For exemple, event/scene that were more personnal and/or emotionnal were told by the girl group while what was more about the general plot was told by Kirito. I found it hilarious that when Kirito asked him why didn't they investigate on Sugo from the beginning, he just laughed. Seriously? There's like 300 people that got tortured mentally and a girl that got virtually raped, which must stay traumitizing, and you find a way to laugh? ...

The second part, the underwater story, was cute, but a bland. I mean, it was pretty stupid in itself, but you know, it's a special, so the story isn't supposed to be the most important thing.

Asuna with a new look was pretty cool.

Dammit Sugu, the first attack you try to make underwater almost kill you! xD

Klein was funny. Everyone love bikinis and swimsuit. Though, Suguha in a school swimsuit. Hnnnng, my school swimsuit fantasy have been fulfilled :P
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 19, 2014 10:16 PM

Aug 2012
Don't waste your time. Skip the summary if you were looking for new content, but don't expect the new content to be any good. It's just a money grab.

3/10

Just wait for the second season.
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Mar 24, 2014 6:00 PM

Mar 2013
wow this might as well be called sword art online death and rebirth with tits
Just because you know how to use a torrent does not give you the god given right to pirate.

My actual list: https://kitsu.io/users/mattbenz99/library

check out my youtube channel for my review: https://www.youtube.com/user/mattbenz99

Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Rename it to try not to fap challenge

Dexty - Jan 12, 2021

10 by Punkero »»
Jan 16, 4:39 PM

» English Dub

zyn_id - Jan 19, 2022

7 by removed-user »»
Jan 19, 2022 8:55 PM

» harem

shast007 - Jan 3, 2014

10 by Yuki_Nonaka »»
Apr 29, 2018 12:47 AM

» is this just a recap?

blessofcurse - Aug 21, 2014

4 by ibraheem234 »»
Nov 18, 2015 3:24 AM

» SAO Special

purple_rayn - May 26, 2014

2 by LiLSatania »»
Jun 7, 2014 3:10 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.