Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 8, 2009 7:15 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
aw that's didn't go as expected :(
i had hoped they would get together but I guess they're leaving that for the last episode.
still a great episode though :)
p r o f i l e 👀
Mar 8, 2009 7:20 PM

Jul 2007
Like I said last time, somewhat a lackluster episode. The highlight was the conversation between Minori and Ami. I can really see some potential in their developments in the coming episodes and I'm hoping for something good.
Though it's pretty much a guaranteed taiga ending at this point. (I think.)

Ah, and I was actually considering backing up my last post on this topic on friday as it was quite long... but then I was lazy and decided against it. Also, my chance to watch Toradora! once again dominate the "what's being watched" list were lost. D:
But, it's likely to do so for a couple days anyways. I hope. It may be interesting to see what demographics are more likely to be on MAL within 6 hours of its re-opening.
asandariMar 8, 2009 7:23 PM
Mar 8, 2009 7:22 PM

Jul 2008
asandari said:
Ah, and I was actually considering backing up my last post on this topic on friday as it was quite long... but then I was lazy and decided against it.
I guess that works out for me because I was supposed to reply to it lol.
Mar 8, 2009 7:34 PM

Jun 2007
Did we lose the last one? I swear I commented on this. Hmm. I didn't read any news once we were back online here.

I've Been Watching Anime for 20 years now. Can you beat that?
Mar 8, 2009 7:37 PM

Nov 2008
Like I said before, it was pretty good. Thinking we'll get a confession out of Minori in the next episode.
Mar 8, 2009 8:19 PM

Oct 2008
ani said:
Did we lose the last one? I swear I commented on this. Hmm. I didn't read any news once we were back online here.

LOL yeah, entire previous threads about a couple of episodes are gone. That's a lot of missing inane discussion.
Mar 8, 2009 11:24 PM

Feb 2008
Kind of boring episode, but I though the best parts were:
1. Ami walking off in the middle of one of Minori's ridiculous rants saying talking to her makes her feel like she's on her period.
2. Ryuuji smiling like a love struck goof ball over Taiga.
Mar 9, 2009 12:17 AM
Jun 2008
Taiga is retarded I want to hit her in the face with a baseball bat... too bad shes not real.
Dont be a chitogetard!!!!
Mar 9, 2009 2:46 AM

Oct 2008
Last topic was gone? O_O?
Anyways, the show's name is Toradora. Toradora people!
Mar 9, 2009 7:08 AM

Jan 2009
catullus said:
Taiga is retarded I want to hit her in the face with a baseball bat... too bad shes not real.
Lmao.

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Mar 9, 2009 7:10 AM

Jan 2009
eternal_blue said:
Like I said before, it was pretty good. Thinking we'll get a confession out of Minori in the next episode.
Imo it will be from Ami, thats what its looked like in the prewiew.

But yeah... now Minorin is decided, lets see whats going to happen ._.

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Mar 9, 2009 3:03 PM

Feb 2008
Monday 9.30pm, as always FTGT enters the Toradora thread...
...and leaves it again since he is totally sure that he must have clicked on the wrong link. O.O

*HORROR*

Only 22 votes and 11 posts so far? I do admit that this episode was not as good as the previous ones, but that does not mean that you need to be moping. :P
Im a bit disappointed right now, because I was looking forward to some nice thoughts about episode 22.
I really need the exchange of ideas folks. ;)

... then I found out that there must have been some kind of server crash over the weekend. Nothing doing, I guess. *sigh*

Well well, in that case I think its my duty to fill the shoes of the strong posters of the previous threads and animate this forum. Leave it to me *roll up the sleeves*

Overall thoughts:

Questions:

Animated gifs

Lulu-san said:
eternal_blue said:
Imo it will be from Ami, thats what its looked like in the prewiew.

We seem to get a lot of confessions in the next episodes:
Minorin --> Ryuuji
Ami --> Ryuuji
Taiga <--> Ryuuji
Noto --> Maya
[Haruta --> Ami]
[Haruta --> homeroom teacher]

Hopefully that makes up for some posts. ^^
FTGTMar 9, 2009 3:27 PM
Mar 9, 2009 4:26 PM

Dec 2008
Lovely episode as always. 3 Episodes more to go and I'm STILL hoping for Ryuuji x Taiga! <3 TORADORA 4-LIFE <3
Mar 9, 2009 8:52 PM

Oct 2008
FTGT said:
Minorin --> Ryuuji
Ami --> Ryuuji
Taiga <--> Ryuuji
Noto --> Maya
[Haruta --> Ami]
[Haruta --> homeroom teacher]

Hahaha, Haruta x Homeroom teacher, I was hoping for that xD. I really don't want a Taiga x Ryugi ending but episode 22 gave her a great advantage over Minorin ( Ami is out of the race people). On the other hand, there is always the possibility that he will recognize Taiga as a sister rather than a daughter like Ami's theory, and thus, we will finish Minorin's route withour more problems.

But theres
Mar 10, 2009 6:34 AM

Jun 2008
Awh, what is this. Well I'm up for a Ryuuji x Taiga ending, totally. I love me some Ami too though, for myself. <3 Tehehe, can't waaaiiitt for more! I would also enjoy Taiga being more upfront about her feelings, but it is completely understandable why she wouldn't be, yet.
Mar 10, 2009 6:45 AM
Jan 2008
now they make minori and ami confess. just like every other anime. i hope theres no ending instead of a taiga ending =).
Mar 10, 2009 6:58 AM

Jan 2009
Yeah, this ep as a little on the slow side, but still good.

Mar 10, 2009 7:48 AM

Mar 2008
Ah, things seem to go well for the Ryuuji x Taiga-fans. I do think she should start being honest with her feelings pretty soon, it's all a bit slow now. Both Minorin and Taiga want their dear friend to be the happiest, but I think they should choose what's best for themselves and not for their friend.
Mar 10, 2009 8:48 AM

Oct 2008
Teddy said:
Ah, things seem to go well for the Ryuuji x Taiga-fans. I do think she should start being honest with her feelings pretty soon, it's all a bit slow now. Both Minorin and Taiga want their dear friend to be the happiest, but I think they should choose what's best for themselves and not for their friend.

That should be the ideal development, but seriously I doubt they would be selfish enought to participate in something like a royal battle (Ami included) for Ryugi. Moreover, this episode concludes with everyone's recognition of their feelings, so now friendship is the only barrier left ( i doubt that another one will build up with only 4 episodes left)
Mar 10, 2009 10:08 AM

May 2007
Guh...previous discussions are all gone. This is now the smallest discussion of Toradora ever. We should edit the first post to indicate that it's because of the server crash. I wouldn't like my Toradora to be this discussionless.
Mar 10, 2009 6:54 PM

Jun 2007
Agree with you DaBigD. It looks like we don't care about Toradora any more b/c of this even though we all do :) Though next episode coming out soon so i'm sure we will have lots to say then. ...Valentine's day episode here we come. every series has to have one ;)

I've Been Watching Anime for 20 years now. Can you beat that?
Mar 11, 2009 12:20 AM

Jan 2009
Rebella said:

whats the significance of the title? o.O
Mar 11, 2009 12:24 AM

Jul 2008
shiorichan said:
Rebella said:

whats the significance of the title? o.O
Think of it as TigerDragon.

Tora = Tiger
Dora = Doragon (Engrish for Dragon). Past that, the first part of Ryuji's name (Ryu) means Dragon.

Now, obviously that explains Ryuji, and we all know Taiga's nickname is Palmtop Tiger. Hence the significance of the name. 'Course, on the same side of the coin, you've gotta figure they are THE primary characters who assisted one anothers goals in the beginning.

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Mar 11, 2009 10:32 AM
Jul 2018
That was good, slower than the rest but still good. The Taiga-Ryuuji-meeting-again scene was my favorite part <3 they're both so darn cute! And gosh Ami's not in a good mood *shivers* looking forward for the next ep... it's gotta be really good since it's about Valentine's! Also, I'd like to have Ya-chan as my mum!!!
heiserx said:
Ami is out of the race people.
No way... it'd be boring if she's out of the picture! Which reminds me... no more Kitamura?
Mar 11, 2009 12:33 PM

Oct 2008
wolfsrainXD said:
Which reminds me... no more Kitamura?

I hope Kitamura gets a more active role like the one he had before his personal arc. It's more interesting to have him in this "battle of love" because then Taiga doesn't have to end with Ryugi or at least last episodes won't go on a simple mini-harem route.
Mar 11, 2009 8:11 PM

Oct 2007
Now my question is, has Toradora deviated from the light novels and will it deviate from the light novels?

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees." By Emiliano Zapata
Mar 11, 2009 8:35 PM
Mar 2009
Jarmel said:
Now my question is, has Toradora deviated from the light novels and will it deviate from the light novels?

There was an interview a few months back. Director was working with the author of the novel and was given the script for volume 10 or something. From the episode titles and summaries of 24, 25 and the preview of 24 i can tell you it looks like they definitely followed through.
Mar 11, 2009 8:37 PM

Oct 2007
So we're on to the tenth novel? This is great news then as I have really loved the show and I don't want a drop in quality or an anime-only ending. Thanks for the info.

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees." By Emiliano Zapata
Mar 11, 2009 9:22 PM

Oct 2008
Jarmel said:
So we're on to the tenth novel? This is great news then as I have really loved the show and I don't want a drop in quality or an anime-only ending. Thanks for the info.

Fortunately, the novel has already ended, so this will be THE ending. I also dislike when writers throw an anime-only ending because they ruin the fun of a faithfull adaptation and makes me wonder what if...
Mar 11, 2009 9:57 PM

Jul 2008
I'm impatient. If someone reads the final novel, would they kindly PM me the ending? 'ppreciated, yo. I must know who wins!
BakayaroMar 11, 2009 10:01 PM

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Mar 13, 2009 12:32 PM

Jun 2008
Good episode, but I was hoping more would happen between them. Seems like Ryuuji is slowly forgetting about Minori.
Mar 13, 2009 2:38 PM

Oct 2008
The bird.. Inko-chan, was it? It is definitely out of place. Why is a parrot doing in Takasu's place?! I really don't like the look of that colorful parrot!! It hurts my appetite..especially when eatting Kentucky Fried Chicken.

Is it just me or do all the girls have some sort of attitude problem?

In the end... Takasu is all alone. So lonely....
Mar 21, 2009 5:08 AM

Jan 2008
Glad to see Taiga back and well.
Mar 29, 2009 9:47 AM

Mar 2009
hhehee i like part "Endless circle Transmigration"
Apr 17, 2009 9:08 PM

Jun 2008
as much as i don't like minorin these past few eps... i still really like ryuuji to end up with her... i dunno.. i just can't see ryuuji and taiga as a couple... they're more of like best friends... or rather.. siblings or sumthing... but not romantically involved... hmmmm... i just wish taiga would find another guy and minorin would admit that she likes ryuuji... ahahaha.. that ghost between the vending machines.. AHAHAHAHAH.. it was so funny how minorin said that.. :p
Apr 25, 2009 9:50 PM
Dec 2008
*slowpoke is slow*
I kinda didn't understand the starting conversation between Takasu and Kitamura, when Kitamura asks if this favor is related to one Taiga asked him on New Year's. What's he talking about? IIRC the only thing that Takasu should know of is from that scene while skiing when Taiga says she met Kitamura. She didn't say anything about any favors, but Takasu still nodded 'yes' to Kitamura after that question.

What am I missing? ;_;
Apr 27, 2009 2:46 PM

Aug 2008
Hmm.. I wonder who will end up with Ryuuji in the end? Who would've know the series would turn out like this ^_^"

I woulda prefered a KitamuraxTaiga and RyuujixMinori ening but anyway, I'll have to watch three more episodes to find out.
May 19, 2009 6:09 PM

Aug 2008
LaplaceNoMa said:
*slowpoke is slow*
I kinda didn't understand the starting conversation between Takasu and Kitamura, when Kitamura asks if this favor is related to one Taiga asked him on New Year's. What's he talking about? IIRC the only thing that Takasu should know of is from that scene while skiing when Taiga says she met Kitamura. She didn't say anything about any favors, but Takasu still nodded 'yes' to Kitamura after that question.

What am I missing? ;_;
I'm wondering the same, I hope they clarify it...

Also, I also would prefered a KitamuraxTaiga & RyuujixMinori ending, but if it's the other way around... Well, I don't think there should be a problem, I'm okay with that too! :D

I wanted Ryuuji to hug Taiga when she was playing with Inko-chan for some reason. Ah, he's really lonely...

Jun 16, 2009 1:20 AM
Jul 2008
Lol Taiga used her mom.
QuickfoxJun 16, 2009 1:30 AM
Jun 29, 2009 8:48 AM

Sep 2008
God... I thought all that talk between Taiga and Ryuji while he was piggybacking her was a dream by the beginning of episode... but my heart was really broken when she said "I was afraid 'What if it was real?' for a second"...

One of the best shows I've ever watched so far.
Jul 2, 2009 2:38 PM

Jun 2009
the only part i really liked is when they meet up again and she slaps the hell outa him and well the whole bird thing haha:D
Jul 30, 2009 10:05 PM

May 2008
This is getting really good, yeah boy
Sep 4, 2009 5:23 PM

Jul 2009
im now totally sure it will be a Ryuuji x Taiga ending,just what i wanted ^^
awww...i want to watch more T.T
too bad it's 1:30 already
Nov 11, 2009 11:34 AM

May 2009
Episode was great... There were funny parts like in restaurant. Or depressive parts like with Ami and Minori.
But I was wondering is Taiga fine? Ryuuji and her are really having hard... I just wait when will Minori say to Ryuuji what happened why she rejected him, I mean that when she saw Taiga crying out loud for Ryuuji. That will be last drop needed for them to be together. If they don't this show is failure big time, I mean what is the use? We have to follow Yuki-sensei's example, u can't get everything in life? I just hope it ends with Taiga x Ryuuji... :3
Jan 17, 2010 4:35 PM

Sep 2009
man the op song is starting to grow on me its pretty catchy :/
Jan 24, 2010 9:20 PM

Nov 2009
Quite a few misunderstandings and ideals and thoughts being mixed around huh..
Its always all these small things like pride, misunderstandings, wrong perception of feelings etc...
Mar 8, 2010 2:33 AM

Aug 2008
Okay sometimes I really think Minorin is a dolt. She's dropped from like my no.1 girl to the last place. *am beginning to think she's annoying*
May 22, 2010 10:15 AM

Jan 2010
wow suddenly i'm all for ryuuji x taiga O.o

great episode :)
5/5

PS:
darkerealm said:
Okay sometimes I really think Minorin is a dolt. She's dropped from like my no.1 girl to the last place. *am beginning to think she's annoying*

this. unfortunately :(...Minori is a hypocrite
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
May 27, 2010 4:28 PM

Mar 2010
Yes! Pleeease end up together!
Animestuffs-1.png
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 26, 2008

284 by Matheus050 »»
May 8, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Best Toradora girl? (Repost)

JustSomeone15 - Apr 27

26 by VOLTHOR6 »»
May 3, 4:04 PM

» Toradora's Blu-ray has an issue

JustSomeone15 - Apr 29

2 by Binkini »»
Apr 30, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Davison - Oct 15, 2008

238 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 25, 6:56 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sonja - Mar 25, 2009

1109 by Laylabc »»
Apr 24, 10:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.