Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (18) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 28, 2013 1:49 PM

Feb 2012
Saw his girlfriend calling before he banged Touma, still finished like a boss.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 28, 2013 1:52 PM

Jun 2011
Amarrez said:
2thuriel said:
Maruto Fumiaki sucks. You wonderfully whitewashed Setsuna with these original lines and plots. Excellent. I'll go back to VN again and forget this shitty anime ver.

Bumpained Setsunafag detected. I think the original writer of WA2 knows what he's doing.

Well, I'm neutral to both heroines indeed. What I would like to emphasize is the fact that game lines are exactly enough. Adding words and cutting down scenes make the story quite odd, at least for me.
PS: read some interview and you'll see Maruto is uncertain about Setsuna himself. Every time something new is released, Setsuna changes a bit.
Dec 28, 2013 1:53 PM

Aug 2012
The love scene was absolutely immoral and wrong in so many ways, and that's exactly how the show wanted me to feel about it. Every step of the way, as Kazusa and Haruki guiltily but passionately cling to each other, Setsuna's devastation rings loudly all throughout.

This didn't make me satisfied. It didn't make me happy about their relationship. It didn't make me want to forgive anyone. And it's great how the characters are absolutely disgusted with themselves as well. This series was the perfect trainwreck right from the start.

Brilliant. 10/10
Dec 28, 2013 1:56 PM

Jul 2013
I completely lost respect for both Haruki and Kazusa at the end of this show. Damn shame, but as good as the series was for most of the run, I'm not sure I'd even want to watch a sequel if there is one.

8/10 for most of the series, 0/10 for the end.

It's a valid ending, and not unexpected, but it kinda ruins the show for me, like how Mass Effect 3's end almost ruined the entire trilogy ;)
SMU_PonyDec 28, 2013 5:18 PM
Dec 28, 2013 2:01 PM
Apr 2013
Damn....another good one comes to an end(?). I liked the anime overral though the very ending wasn't to my taste. I really hope there's gonna be either a Second season or an OVA to give a satisfying conclusion....I mean...come on how can you leave the one you love like that (that goes to both parties).
Dec 28, 2013 2:05 PM

Dec 2011
Man, the scene when Haruki and Kazusa kiss each other in front of Setsuna was so fucking intense!
Definitely one of my favorites animes of the fall season, and I really hope a second season.
Dec 28, 2013 2:16 PM
Jun 2012
orchidork said:
i kinda wish i hadn't seen that ending. it left a bad aftertaste.

can't believe touma threw away that phone in the beginning and both her and haruki did their own thing while setsuna stood in the corner crying at the airport. talk about being great friends.

haruki should've told setsuna everything before hooking up with touma.

on top of it all, touma just created a mess and didn't even try to resolve anything. instead, she just fled.

7/10

People aren't perfect.

Anyways this show was so heart crushing ;(
lpjp200Dec 28, 2013 2:20 PM
Dec 28, 2013 2:31 PM
Jan 2013
This is the first anime I want to post about. It was so great! Finally an anime where the girl I like gets the guy. This is one of the few animes I won't mind rewatching a second or third time.
Dec 28, 2013 2:33 PM
Jul 2018
Well, needs to be more, so far I enjoyed it. 9/10 from me.
Anyone else hoping for a harem ending on this?
Dec 28, 2013 2:40 PM

Jul 2012
I enjoyed this series a lot, highest quality anime of the Fall 2013 anime season.
Dec 28, 2013 2:40 PM

Nov 2011
This was by far the best anime I watched for 2013 when it came to romance/drama. I just gave it a 10/10. Though I really thought it would come to a school days ending. Hopefully I can start on the VN and know what's to come later unless the next season is going to be released soon.
Dec 28, 2013 2:41 PM
Dec 2013
Favrite anime of 2013 romanc, lve tingle and nice ending leavng room for thught of what happens next

this is 10/10 solid in all aspects and unique this anime IS A CLASSIC! the ending was appropriate not to destroy chances of him bieng with either one and room for more if you read the VN. :) <3
Dec 28, 2013 2:42 PM
Dec 2013
ps sex scene was beautiful!! completed the intimacy with characters perfect.
Dec 28, 2013 2:42 PM

Jul 2013
Ruriair said:
orchidork said:
i kinda wish i hadn't seen that ending. it left a bad aftertaste.

can't believe touma threw away that phone in the beginning and both her and haruki did their own thing while setsuna stood in the corner crying at the airport. talk about being great friends.

haruki should've told setsuna everything before hooking up with touma.

on top of it all, touma just created a mess and didn't even try to resolve anything. instead, she just fled.

7/10

People aren't perfect.

Anyways this show was so heart crushing ;(

agreed. people aren't perfect.

however, that's really no excuse for touma and haruki's behavior in the final episode imo. obviously, i didn't expect the ending to be rainbows and sunshine but it kinda felt almost out of character that touma threw away the phone when a few episodes before she was calling setsuna her best friend and slapping haruki for cheating on setsuna.

regardless, the show was still really entertaining.

to each their own, i guess
Dec 28, 2013 2:43 PM

Jan 2008
So did they break up at the end?
Dec 28, 2013 2:44 PM
Dec 2013
Favrite anime of 2013 romanc, lve tingle and nice ending leavng room for thught of what happens next.

this anime is a CLASSIC and the uniqness of this anime was breath taking so unpredictable and the ending leaves many possibilities for him to be with either so read the VN

HEART GIVING anime 10/10
Dec 28, 2013 2:54 PM
Apr 2007
Well, having read the VN, all I can say is, that this was a pretty good adaption - way better than I thought possible.

Still, I will have to deduct some points for missing lines and scenes that would have easily fit and just had a lot of impact in the original. ("It hurts" and "I'm going to misunderstand". People who read the VN will know)

All in all: I had a lot of fun seeing these characters again, and now I feel like re-reading closing chapter (and especially coda) for the eventual second season of this. Which I would, as a big fan of the VN, of course watch.

8/10 (my scores are quite harsh I know, but it just wasn't a perfect adaption + I can't give as many points on characters and story)
Dec 28, 2013 2:56 PM

Oct 2007
The only good romance anime I've watched in years, possibly decades. Not sure why more can't be like this.
Dec 28, 2013 2:57 PM

Sep 2012
10 SECONDS INTO THE EPISODE AND IM ALREADY PAUSING THE VIDEO FOR SUCH INAPPROPRIATENESS
Dec 28, 2013 2:59 PM

Oct 2013
I normally don't like the Romance genre but I really loved this anime,

Jun 2012
Damn Setsuna killed me throughout this episode.
Was crying everytime she said she didn't like Haruki like Kazusa..
And the she says "of course that's not true" or something like that and bam.. Tears. :(
The feels , I love you Setsuna T^T You deserve better , such and understading girl.

5/10 for the episode
8/10 for the whole anime
SakiDec 28, 2013 3:03 PM
Apr 2007
orchidork said:

You realise that this isn't the end, right? This was just "introduction chapter", there's still "closing chapter" (which is way longer than IC) and coda (which are the "final ending" routes).

All the gripes you had here get adressed later on. Especially (not really a spoiler but eh, maybe people don't want to know anything at all about the sequel(s))

Dec 2012
8/10

It got a bit messy near the end but was still good. Not sure if I like Touma or not anymore.
Dec 28, 2013 3:07 PM
Mar 2013
I don't mean to compare Yosuga no Sora to White Album 2 because clearly, White Album 2 is A LOT better but...

Is it only me who got the same vibes that Yosuga no Sora gave (Haruka and Kazuha's scene)?

This has a pretty good chance of going into my top 10 fav anime along with Nana and Kimi ga Nozomu Eien. I like these kind of shows wherein it's very realistic in a way that not everything goes well in life
YvenDec 28, 2013 3:11 PM
Dec 28, 2013 3:07 PM

Apr 2008
One of the best romances I've watched and one of the most underrated anime of Fall 2013. Hopefully coda gets animated. But damn that scene at the airport.

Dec 28, 2013 3:11 PM

Nov 2013
@hyperknees91 now people are sympathizing with your sentiments(which is also IMO true)

Exbo said:
10 SECONDS INTO THE EPISODE AND IM ALREADY PAUSING THE VIDEO FOR SUCH INAPPROPRIATENESS

Same thoughts though kind-of expected scene (I thought they wouldn't put it in the episode)...
Dec 28, 2013 3:12 PM
Aug 2013
Well, bad ends for everyone.

~Haruki seemingly blowing his chances with the one love of his life when she flies away, and having to potentially settle for second best -- after the events of episode 12 and this one -- I don't envy his position.

~Touma in a similar boat to Haruki. At least she has her mother to console herself with.

~Setsuna finally manning-up and admitting that she has to shelter some of the pain too, given that she initially created this situation by coming between them when she knew the state of affairs and took adavantage of Haruki's nature. Plus, having to continue with the realization that Haruki made it pretty clear who he chose.

Geez. Pain Album 2 or what?
Dec 28, 2013 3:12 PM

Jul 2013
a little disappointed, hopefully there's a second season to wrap things up
Dec 28, 2013 3:13 PM

Aug 2010
Well now no one is happy... man im depressed. Damn you white album!
Dec 28, 2013 3:16 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
I hate Haruki and Touma now. Really? Haruki and Touma had sex? Really? Really?Realllyyyy?

True friends don't betray each other. If Haruki and Touma cared for Setsuna they would have just not had sex. Haruki was going out with Setsuna, he betrayed her by kissing Touma, and had sex with her. Kissed her in front of Setsuna, and she cried on the spot. It's true Setsuna got in between them, but let's be honest Haruki and Touma hadn't officially declared their love so in reality Setsuna just declared her love first.

I feel bad for Setsuna, and hopefully CC get's animated. The ending wasn't really good so we get a mess, and Setsuna still has the decency to stay with Haruki after what Haruki did to her.

Dec 28, 2013 3:26 PM

Jul 2013
Kamion said:
orchidork said:

You realise that this isn't the end, right? This was just "introduction chapter", there's still "closing chapter" (which is way longer than IC) and coda (which are the "final ending" routes).

All the gripes you had here get adressed later on. Especially (not really a spoiler but eh, maybe people don't want to know anything at all about the sequel(s))

tbh, i didn't really know that since i don't play vn's and i didn't want to look up anything cuz i didn't want to be spoiled.

anyway, thanks for clearing that up
Dec 28, 2013 3:35 PM

Jul 2013
well this was expected if you watched the first while album
Dec 28, 2013 3:38 PM

Jan 2011
Damn. Enjoyed this one a lot. Every episode was good imo. I like romance a lot and this delivered for me in a 13 episode presentation. I'm giving it a 9/10 for now.

That all said. The ignored call and Touma slapping the phone away made my heart feel heavy. The emotions were running deep during those scenes which were handled very well. Haruki lack of honesty with himself and Kazusa can't be overlooked. Plus Touma being a coward and Kazusa need for affection. But that is what built the drama. I did like the silent Kazusa v Touma drama for Haruki.

Good stuff.
Dec 28, 2013 3:42 PM

Oct 2011
Didnt like the ending but I'm contented with it. I really loved the ost too. <3
8/10
Dec 28, 2013 3:47 PM

Aug 2012
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=White_Album_2_Omake/Story02

Holy crap. If people aren't going to forgive Touma and Kitahara now, then Setsuna also shouldn't be forgiven for what she's done before. If one is to blame, then all is to blame as well.
Dec 28, 2013 3:53 PM

Oct 2013
If you listen closely, you can hear the sounds of Setsuna's fans weeping
"Burn the heretics"
Dec 28, 2013 3:58 PM

Dec 2011
Boohooohooo Reverse NTR for Setsuna
Dec 28, 2013 4:00 PM
Aug 2013
I don't see how anyone could really be angry at a character here, tbh.

And find it rather childish that people are reacting so "Home Alone" to Kazusa and Kitahara finally having sex.

Setsuna dug her hole for herself. She knew that they had feelings for one another, but wanted Kitahara for herself anyway, and in taking advantage of his self-sacrificial nature, confessed -- despite knowing both of her friend's feelings. Something that caused Kazusa untold amounts of pain, and confused Kitahara even more.

She knew that her relationship was on borrowed time.

Which is why she doesn't complain. She simply mans up and admits that she has no room to feel hurt. Something she expressed on the lastest episodes.

But I don't hold it against her for what she did, though. She's just a human. No-one's perfect, and these people here aren't awesome people to begin with.

And I don't blame Haruki and Kazusa from having sex. They had both been separated by a dam for too long, and that simply burst forth when they finally confessed openly to loving each other. He loves her, she loves him, and they didn't want any regrets. Not expressing their love at that time would've been a huge regret.

Did it hurt Setsuna? Yeah. But it was about time that she shared some of the suffering too, and she knows it, and she mans-up and accepts it, gaining some of my respect.
Dec 28, 2013 4:03 PM

Jul 2013
So Setsuna's motivation was basically a set up "fake relationship" with Haruki, so all 3 of them will stay together. The fact that she like Touma rather than Haruki, that was unexpected when she was faking it in the beginning. Well it ends up where Touma has to go, while Haruki has to stay, that was a let down ending.

TBH I give points for Setsuna telling the truth for Haruki that she wants to stay as friends. But seeing her when she saw Touma and Haruki kissing, its kind of painful to watch when she lost someone valuable to her. Though I like Touma from the start but Setsuna on the other hand, I felt bad at the same time.

Well 8/10 for this, the love triangle is not my forte when one person won, the other person loses, kind of hard seeing them lose. Also the ending could be a bit better.
omega_d94Dec 28, 2013 4:06 PM

Dec 28, 2013 4:05 PM
Dec 2013
I'll give Setsuna credit. She realized how wrong what she did was and attempted to fall on the sword and accept responsibility.

I didn't really buy her excuse of I just wanted all three of them to be together. She really did like that guy and wanted to be with him. I do buy that she knew they loved each other and she still got in the way anyway.

Sometimes in life there are some things you can't have and if you attempt to get them anyway the collateral damage will be devastating. This was one of those cases.
Dec 28, 2013 4:09 PM
Aug 2013
stone616 said:
Sometimes in life there are some things you can't have and if you attempt to get them anyway the collateral damage will be devastating. This was one of those cases.

And boy, was it devastating for everyone involved.
Dec 28, 2013 4:12 PM

Apr 2012
90% percent sure there is going to be a continuation of this season and they are going to finish with K-TE ,I think, which I love so much. Though the pain is kind of unbearable. ;_;
Dies Irae! :)
Dec 28, 2013 4:15 PM

Oct 2013
omega_d94 said:
Seeing her when she saw Touma and Haruki kissing, its kind of painful to watch when she lost someone valuable to her. Though I like Touma from the start but Setsuna on the other hand, I felt bad at the same time.

Well 8/10 for this, the love triangle is not my forte when one person won, the other person loses, kind of hard seeing them lose.

Second this
"Burn the heretics"
Dec 28, 2013 4:18 PM
Dec 2013
SweetKotomi said:
I hate Haruki and Touma now. Really? Haruki and Touma had sex? Really? Really?Realllyyyy?

True friends don't betray each other. If Haruki and Touma cared for Setsuna they would have just not had sex. Haruki was going out with Setsuna, he betrayed her by kissing Touma, and had sex with her. Kissed her in front of Setsuna, and she cried on the spot. It's true Setsuna got in between them, but let's be honest Haruki and Touma hadn't officially declared their love so in reality Setsuna just declared her love first.

I feel bad for Setsuna, and hopefully CC get's animated. The ending wasn't really good so we get a mess, and Setsuna still has the decency to stay with Haruki after what Haruki did to her.

Haruki was gonna break it off with her. He'd made his choice already. Touma was totally wrong though but she planned to disappear from both of their lives forever anyway so whatever. I guess it was one of those I will sample this and never have it again deals.

The thing is Setsuna was always gonna lose out and she knew it. Still she tried to take something she could never have and we all see what it got her. I bet after this Haruki will distance himself from her and she'll be left with nothing. I don't see how he can be around her now. He tried a few times to get away from her at the airport.
Dec 28, 2013 4:22 PM
Feb 2009
People going with the "real friends don't cheat" complaint are being picky-choosy here. Setsuna knew what she was getting into when she did what she did

People saying the "Touma messed everything up and left" line also aren't really paying attention to who really messed everything up

The phone slap was a "no more interruptions"/Setsuna getting in the way action. It was appropriate.
Dec 28, 2013 4:26 PM

Jun 2012
TOOOUUUUMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!! xD
I just loved when Haruki screamed that. It was like a punch straight at Setsuna's face. That just made my fucking day. XD

Hahahahahaha, ahhh, Oh I hate that bitch :D hahahahahahah I can't stop laughing.

Technically this is a bad end, but I'll let it slide because Haruki and Kazusa will eventually reunite and Setsuna will have to either settle for Takeya or become a cat lady.

And I can't believe their last song was the opening theme. I don't know how I didn't see that coming.
Dec 28, 2013 4:26 PM

Jan 2011
stone616 said:
SweetKotomi said:

Haruki was gonna break it off with her. He'd made his choice already. Touma was totally wrong though but she planned to disappear from both of their lives forever anyway so whatever. I guess it was one of those I will sample this and never have it again deals.

The thing is Setsuna was always gonna lose out and she knew it. Still she tried to take something she could never have and we all see what it got her. I bet after this Haruki will distance himself from her and she'll be left with nothing. I don't see how he can be around her now. He tried a few times to get away from her at the airport.

I think the point SweetKotomi is trying to make is that the right thing to do is to break it off and then pursue, not pursue then break it off. The latter means legitimate cheating while the former at least is the morally right thing to do as a man. I can see where he is coming from.
Dec 28, 2013 4:27 PM

Dec 2007
I bet after this Haruki will distance himself from her and she'll be left with nothing.

That's what every normal person would do, but if the creators thought that the retarded indecisive protagonist from the first WA (anime, I haven't read either VN) was a good idea, he will stay with her which in turn will lead to more dramatic tensions, burning in its wake everything this show has established.

Oh, the drama we will have.

-=Real, 100% Lelouch Lamperouge Zealot=-
Dec 28, 2013 4:28 PM
Feb 2009
Wolfeystein said:
I don't see how anyone could really be angry at a character here, tbh.

And find it rather childish that people are reacting so "Home Alone" to Kazusa and Kitahara finally having sex.

Setsuna dug her hole for herself. She knew that they had feelings for one another, but wanted Kitahara for herself anyway, and in taking advantage of his self-sacrificial nature, confessed -- despite knowing both of her friend's feelings. Something that caused Kazusa untold amounts of pain, and confused Kitahara even more.

She knew that her relationship was on borrowed time.

Which is why she doesn't complain. She simply mans up and admits that she has no room to feel hurt. Something she expressed on the lastest episodes.

But I don't hold it against her for what she did, though. She's just a human. No-one's perfect, and these people here aren't awesome people to begin with.

And I don't blame Haruki and Kazusa from having sex. They had both been separated by a dam for too long, and that simply burst forth when they finally confessed openly to loving each other. He loves her, she loves him, and they didn't want any regrets. Not expressing their love at that time would've been a huge regret.

Did it hurt Setsuna? Yeah. But it was about time that she shared some of the suffering too, and she knows it, and she mans-up and accepts it, gaining some of my respect.

Well put.

The thing that makes the end heavy is that it wasn't how anybody really wanted it to turn out, including the audience. Will Setsuna stay as a friend? If she stays as a rebound (with her 'so my heart doesn't freeze' line) then that'll make for a pretty complicated future. There's no telling how their relationships could end up
Dec 28, 2013 4:31 PM
Aug 2013
IZEROII said:
I think the point SweetKotomi is trying to make is that the right thing to do is to break it off and then pursue, not pursue then break it off. The latter means legitimate cheating while the former at least is the morally right thing to do as a man. I can see where he is coming from.

Let's be frank here, none of these characters here are social adepts, and they're all relatively terribad people, each on a different level of it.

Not to mention, Kazusa was leaving on the day after they banged. Did people want Kitahara to dump her over the phone and then proceed to shag Kazusa? Who does that?

No. He waiting until the morning to break it off with her. His decision had already been made on episode 12, anyways.

I'm not saying that these people aren't flawed, but it's nowhere exclusive to Kazusa and Kitahara being meanies for having to express their mutual love and not being bothered by Setsuna at the time.
Pages (18) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2013

202 by Giolbat »»
Mar 12, 7:03 PM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2013

221 by Daninokuni »»
Mar 9, 10:50 AM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2013

200 by Daninokuni »»
Mar 9, 7:40 AM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Dec 7, 2013

158 by Daninokuni »»
Mar 8, 3:59 PM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2013

100 by GingZ »»
Feb 27, 2:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.