Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Dec 28, 2013 10:30 PM
Dec 2013
Vladz0r said:
And as for the endings, that's the 5% of Little Busters I don't really give a fuck about, so they can pull Key time magic BS all they want.

You don't really care about the ending? only 5%? Then what did you do in the episode 12 thread? Complaining about everything I guess. :P

You just said "J.C.Staff can do all they want"? Hey. I find it kind of funny.

Vladz0r said:
I don't give JC Staff so much credit just because they made things like Rin's the development, Komari, and the common route into more of a story, when they couldn't make the comedy and scenes from Rin and Refrain nearly as enjoyable as I would've liked. I would've liked the story actually being engaging for people and getting to see people experience things like Masato's arc closer to what I felt in the VN.

You don't give J.C.Staff credit because you failed to see how well-woven the whole story is.
Dec 28, 2013 10:37 PM
Dec 2013
Vladz0r said:

There's like a handful of you guys who think this adaptation seriously turned out to be great.
Sorry that not everyone was as satisfied as you guys were, but I personally hate this predicament, I hate that the Little Busters anime is so hit-or-miss, and I hate that people shittalk the adaptation of this story and somehow enjoyed a ton of other shit that are in a similar genre or other Key works much much more.

A handful, huh? Sorry not everyone think "this anime is shit" as you do. Many people enjoys both seasons, and many VN players do enjoy the anime.
fauztyDec 28, 2013 10:49 PM
Dec 28, 2013 10:45 PM

Oct 2012
It's over... Looking forward for next Key adaptation... (i hope it's rewrite)

Dec 28, 2013 10:46 PM

Aug 2012
-Riptide- said:
Vladz0r said:
-Riptide- said:
Did no one feel that they used too many still shots in this episode?

I did ;3

maybe they were saving budget for the EX route lol.

Such wishful thinking. I hope it is true though XD
Dec 28, 2013 10:47 PM

Sep 2012
By "they", I meant KyoAni if they ever got a LB remake.
Well shit, when JC Staff's already ruined a lot of scenes for me after looking forward to them each week, so I thought they'd at least have the balls to do the hospital end in some form, and instead we get the same half-deserved thematic subversion of the true end without the depressing end that precedes it.

I meant that I don't care how witty JC Staff's rewrite of the ending was, and I would've been fine if it was KyoAni if they couldn't come up with the sort of "logical ending" that people hail this adaptation for.

And I know how well-woven the story is. Sadly, the structure only goes so far when the content of the episodes themselves aren't that great, even if they push character development forward.
I said I don't give them so much credit because of the other things they messed up.
I applaud their story structure, because ideally, it flows well, but I find a lot of the show unnecessarily boring, dragged out, and badly handled.
Sure, on paper, it's a good story, and it's pretty consistent putting aside all the lack of content. When you factor in how the content was handled from the script, though, is where it started to be weaker than intended.
I'm sorry that I waited a year to see what it would look like for Rin to cry and got some badly drawn immersion-breaking shit instead. http://puu.sh/627jl.jpg
And as an added bonus, the girls' farewells weren't even for the true end, so any emotion that episode was just gone.

I like how I usually respond to everyone's points in their arguments, and they don't even try to defend things like comedy and dramatic execution, because they can't, of course.

Anyway, just came to clarify more stuff before I go to sleep. Peace.
Vladz0rDec 28, 2013 10:51 PM
Dec 28, 2013 11:02 PM

Nov 2009
makoa69 said:
Can't help but feel this ending was a complete cop-out. What's the point of Kyousuke going through infinite loop semesters to make Riki stronger if everybody is going to live and Riki can just rely on Kyousuke like always anyways? Kyousuke clearly said in the dream world that everybody except Riki and Rin died from the accident, yet instead nobody at all died?
Look, I'm all for happy endings; I'm hoping that Shingeki no Kyojin has a happy ending. But when it throws all the conflicts that the story created up to that moment out the window, it's not a good thing. A better ending would be an ending where they try to save everybody in the bus, but, as Kyousuke said, everybody is dead. Then lots of grief. Then eventually they overcome the loss of their friends and we see Riki/Rin ten years in the future or so reminiscing over it all.

Overall, Refrain gets a 7-9/10 from me. It was really good, especially episode 9 and 10, but this ending just didn't cut it.

Since when did Kyousuke said that they died?
Dec 28, 2013 11:44 PM

Jan 2013
Maybe my expectations were too high, but I was pretty disappointed with the last couple of episodes. I actually enjoyed season 1 more than this. 7/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 29, 2013 12:18 AM
Nov 2013
fauzty said:
A handful, huh? Sorry not everyone think "this anime is shit" as you do. Many people enjoys both seasons, and many VN players do enjoy the anime.

"Many people"? [citation needed]. My friend's friend's uncle's grandfather's cousin's grandson's niece stepped on the Moon.

To each his own, and also I would treat emotional, anecdotal evidence from both sides of the camp with a huge bucket of salt. As a VN reader, I dropped S1 and Refrain is less entertaining than the weekly VN vs Anime debates that rage after every episode is aired. Overreacting VN veterans and similarly overreacting, self-righteous anime-only viewers? Hell yeah!

On actual topic, Refrain met my albeit lowered expectations. 13 episodes means it's better off as a supplement, like how the UBW movie is to FSN.
Dec 29, 2013 12:50 AM

Jul 2012
I didn't like one of the scenes. Where kyousuke comes in from the window and he is doing flips. I know this is anime but kyousuke should not be doing that. Three months in a coma means that you can barely walk and talk. Plus he should be a lot thinner from coming out of the hospital. Gah that scene just makes me so mad and gah
Trust me I should know what happens when someone comes out of a coma. They will not be doing flips and entering from windows.
Dec 29, 2013 12:55 AM

Sep 2013
amazingclrbear said:
I didn't like one of the scenes. Where kyousuke comes in from the window and he is doing flips. I know this is anime but kyousuke should not be doing that. Three months in a coma means that you can barely walk and talk. Plus he should be a lot thinner from coming out of the hospital. Gah that scene just makes me so mad and gah
Trust me I should know what happens when someone comes out of a coma. They will not be doing flips and entering from windows.

Key Magic. Key Magic is to stronk and can make big fucking miracles happen.
Dec 29, 2013 1:39 AM

May 2013
GRrrrr them plot holes! For some reason, I could handle Angelbeats plot holes very easily, but I was expecting everyone to die because Kyouske SAID SO. Plus, wasn't it only possible to create the fake world because they died and used their " Spirit Friendship Magic" (which is now TM'ed by me because it basically sums up 50% of what I watch), so yeah what happened there? Damn kids breaking the universe I swear. But in all seriousness I was disappointed with the ending. It really contradicted the entire story. But, since it was pretty cool + KEY! = 9/10
Dec 29, 2013 1:56 AM

Jul 2008
MagicFlier said:

In the episode where he told Riki about the bus crash and the endless semester. He said that Riki and Rin were the only survivors.
Dec 29, 2013 2:04 AM
Sep 2013
GarLogan78 said:
MagicFlier said:

In the episode where he told Riki about the bus crash and the endless semester. He said that Riki and Rin were the only survivors.

They thought that doesn't mean it was true. But for the worst case scenario they have merely chance to survive indeed. But that show how the strength Riki and Rin gain works on the rescue mission.
Dec 29, 2013 2:15 AM

Mar 2011
firstblood said:
Lolicon said:
I was going to give this show a 10/10 but the last episode didn't meet my expectations/hopes so I'll give it a 9/10. A Riki x Rin kiss scene would of been nice and might of earned it a 10, but a death scene would if defiantly earned it a 10....oh well.

this

+2.

Can't wait for either "Little busters (2016)" or Rewrite adaption.
And Please no WHITE FOX nor JC Staff to take them!!!!!!!!!!!
Dec 29, 2013 2:21 AM
Jun 2013
I don't know why people are still expecting a future remake, but oh well.

Just to say, but the show is in top 200 and have 40 episodes (OVA included), it's far from being a Kanon 2002 or a F/SN anime.
Dec 29, 2013 2:27 AM

Apr 2013
And everything was going so well. I wonder what the happened before the production of this episode.

And is it okay to drop a person on top of shattered glass?

http://i.imgur.com/LssEYDR.jpg

I guess that explains his injured leg?
FlamingYuDec 29, 2013 2:30 AM
Dec 29, 2013 2:30 AM

Nov 2010
Interesting to see the rationale behind all this criticism here.

Personally though, I enjoyed the adaptation overall. Sure, the source material may have had a much bigger impact for many of us (myself included). But for what they could've done with the medium of a 13-episode TV series, I'm satisfied.

The reappearance of the rest of the Little Busters! seemed a bit sudden though, and that might well be what detracted from the happy, touching feeling I got when I first came across the true end.

8.5/10
Dec 29, 2013 3:07 AM

Nov 2009
Akanezora said:
Oh, btw, almost forgot. Do everyone out in the real world remember what happened in the world created by Kyosuke?

They never knew each other prior to the real world, so they interacted and became friends during the time in the dream world; so I guess the ending implies that everyone remembers everything that's happened in the dream world, or at least a large portion of it? I hope that answers your question!

JimRaynor said:
GarLogan78 said:
MagicFlier said:

They thought that doesn't mean it was true. But for the worst case scenario they have merely chance to survive indeed. But that show how the strength Riki and Rin gain works on the rescue mission.

^ This.
Kyousuke only said "We are not going to make it", not "we didn't make it".
Big difference... As Kyousuke didn't hope for Riki to be able to save them, he just simply states that they all won't make it in time to be saved; but Riki pulled through and saved them all, proves that he is so much stronger now compared to prior the dream world.

Mystic-Paw said:
Story was good, but what was the point if everyone lived. Watched two season of riki trying to get stronger but in the end it was all a waste of time.

Which do you prefer?
A Riki that hasn't gotten stronger and is still heavily reliant on Kyousuke? or a Riki that isn't reliant on Kyousuke, but is someone who is being relied on now (Rin) as well as solving solutions himself. Why do you think it's a waste?

HandSonicvI said:
GRrrrr them plot holes! For some reason, I could handle Angelbeats plot holes very easily, but I was expecting everyone to die because Kyouske SAID SO. Plus, wasn't it only possible to create the fake world because they died and used their " Spirit Friendship Magic" (which is now TM'ed by me because it basically sums up 50% of what I watch), so yeah what happened there? Damn kids breaking the universe I swear. But in all seriousness I was disappointed with the ending. It really contradicted the entire story. But, since it was pretty cool + KEY! = 9/10

No, it was possible to create the dream world because they were alive. It was a near-death state, don't you remember Kyousuke explicitly say this when he was telling Riki everything? Go back and rewatch the scene. So to answer your question, no they weren't dead.

I miss Vladz0r's and JimRaynor's replies. :(
MagicFlierDec 29, 2013 3:44 AM
Dec 29, 2013 3:13 AM

Mar 2011
Ol-Hybrius said:

Just to say, but the show is in top 200 and have 40 episodes (OVA included), it's far from being a Kanon 2002 or a F/SN anime.

The problem is not here.
Clanand is released BEFORE Little Busters! and at the same time Angel Beats got released.

See the score and popularity! It feels like different people made this anime... (it's true btw.......)
To put it simple, what I believe as a VN reader (and 3 days of Shock vs 1 day of crying in Clannad) that Little busters >> Clannad .

As anime, Little Busters is good because it's this year's release. Wait few months later and see what I mean...
Dec 29, 2013 3:15 AM

Nov 2009
OLHearts said:
I like this episode, especially the second half though I still wish they'd kept the bad end... 8/10

What happens in the bad end?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 29, 2013 3:32 AM

Jan 2011
DeathyZA said:
amazingclrbear said:

Key Magic. Key Magic is to stronk and can make big fucking miracles happen.

^THIS LOL
Dec 29, 2013 3:42 AM
Jun 2013
theKDL said:
Ol-Hybrius said:

The problem is not here.
Clanand is released BEFORE Little Busters! and at the same time Angel Beats got released.

See the score and popularity! It feels like different people made this anime... (it's true btw.......)
To put it simple, what I believe as a VN reader (and 3 days of Shock vs 1 day of crying in Clannad) that Little busters >> Clannad .

As anime, Little Busters is good because it's this year's release. Wait few months later and see what I mean...

It's hard to say for me, LB! being the only show I watched after reading the original material. First season made me want to play the VN which was far better, but I don't think the adaptation deserved to be thrown in the garbage can. The Refrain season could have been far better if we got an ambiguous ending in episode 12 followed by Song for Friends (hospital scene or not), but it's still enjoyable that way, despite the constant rush. The last episode was pretty good, Song for Friends was just off like everytime it was played it the show besides in Kurugaya's arc and I don't know why we didn't have Boys Don't Cry when Kyousuke climb down the window (the jump was a bit too much, but oh well, it's an anime). The trip was so damn good and better than the original in my opinion.

Leio said:
OLHearts said:
I like this episode, especially the second half though I still wish they'd kept the bad end... 8/10

Riki go away with the bus with Rin and fell asleep due to his narcolepsy, understanding the two of them would have died if they ventured in the bus in an attempt to save everyone. Then occurs the parting of the girls you saw in episode 12, followed by Riki waking up in the hospital, Rin by his side. Everyone being dead, he swore to Rin to always protect her. If this is your second playthrough, you're up to chose wether or not you mean this in a romantic way.
Dec 29, 2013 4:07 AM
Apr 2010
after watching this episode i was kinda disappointed of this ending
was hoping for some drama, like they all died, riki couldn't save them( i mean they're not just lying in the bus but being pierced with a glass, broken bones - so that they wouldn't have a chance to survive) (i'm not a sadist, but that's what i thought when kyousuke said that only 2 of them could survive that accident, and all that fuss with the parallel world)
i thought it was something that only natural to happen
but after knowing that it's only a bad end, that there's actually a good end in VN, i dunno how to feel right now D:
i don't wish them to die, if there's a possibility of them being alive, but it's just kinda natural for them not to. sigh
and yeah i know, magic key clannad nagisa is alive and so on, but still. ..
Dec 29, 2013 4:53 AM

Nov 2012
HEY, YOU FORGOT ABOUT THE DRIVER!

Overall I liked it, but episode 12&13 wasnt my taste 8/10.
Dec 29, 2013 5:01 AM

Sep 2011
Leio said:
OLHearts said:

Riki and Rin didn't save them and just run away.

But Bad End is incorrect, the correct term is "Normal End".
TennoujiDec 29, 2013 5:55 AM

Dec 29, 2013 5:50 AM

Nov 2013
Krunchy said:
HEY, YOU FORGOT ABOUT THE DRIVER!

Overall I liked it, but episode 12&13 wasnt my taste 8/10.

They grabbed him, too. He's laying in the field with everyone else they saved.
Dec 29, 2013 5:59 AM

Sep 2011
Meh, I already suspected they weren't gonna put in that gloriously adorable kiss scene. It's a shame, but I guess I'm okay with it :/
At least that shot with the two of them falling on each other is still adorable as hell :3 Kind of a hint along with the hand holding when Riki came back from the narcolepsy and when they were both in the classroom. Take that as you will everyone and hate me all you want, but they are still the OTP for me :3
Wonderful last episode. It was so much better seeing the actual rescuing (and Riki's parents' death) than just reading it in the VN. Plus the epilogue was also done very well.

First of all I'm a VN player (well, I actually read the VN after seeing the 1st season).
Overall I still think this was a great adaptation. Well, compared to other adaptations at least. I never really had big expectations anyway so I was actually impressed at how well they adapted some scenes during Refrain (even going as far as to say they were better given the visual advantage of the anime medium). I especially liked episode 11 and 13. They were both amazingly done in my opinion.

Since I didn't expect much, I wasn't really that mad like some people (don't get me wrong it's understandable of course) at the changes they've done. Still, there is one thing that I absolutely missed and the only thing I was really mad about. You guessed it, it's the missing normal/bad ending. I know and can understand that it was probably cut because of the lack of time and/or because of the true ending being more believeable this way (due to no "key magic"), but it was still one of my "favorite" scenes from the VN. It was sad and powerful as fuck. I'm sorry, but I just can't forgive them for that :(

So all in all, I'm giving this season a 9/10. Would have been a 10 with that ending (or with the RikixRin classroom scene, since I'm biased as hell :3 ). Since the 1st season and the OVA was also a 9, the adaptation itself gets a 9/10 from me.
It's far from being a perfect adaptation, but it was still very enjoyable and "feelsy", so I'm content with what I saw. Hell I'm happy they even adapted it.
If you guys liked what you saw, go read the VN to get the full experience :)
RazielZeroDec 29, 2013 6:02 AM
Dec 29, 2013 6:03 AM

Sep 2012
lol why didn't I notice Kengo got slapped by Rin before.
Dec 29, 2013 6:12 AM

Sep 2013
RazielZero said:
Meh, I already suspected they weren't gonna put in that gloriously adorable kiss scene. It's a shame, but I guess I'm okay with it :/
At least that shot with the two of them falling on each other is still adorable as hell :3 Kind of a hint along with the hand holding when Riki came back from the narcolepsy and when they were both in the classroom. Take that as you will everyone and hate me all you want, but they are still the OTP for me :3
Wonderful last episode. It was so much better seeing the actual rescuing (and Riki's parents' death) than just reading it in the VN. Plus the epilogue was also done very well.

First of all I'm a VN player (well, I actually read the VN after seeing the 1st season).
Overall I still think this was a great adaptation. Well, compared to other adaptations at least. I never really had big expectations anyway so I was actually impressed at how well they adapted some scenes during Refrain (even going as far as to say they were better given the visual advantage of the anime medium). I especially liked episode 11 and 13. They were both amazingly done in my opinion.

Since I didn't expect much, I wasn't really that mad like some people (don't get me wrong it's understandable of course) at the changes they've done. Still, there is one thing that I absolutely missed and the only thing I was really mad about. You guessed it, it's the missing normal/bad ending. I know and can understand that it was probably cut because of the lack of time and/or because of the true ending being more believeable this way (due to no "key magic"), but it was still one of my "favorite" scenes from the VN. It was sad and powerful as fuck. I'm sorry, but I just can't forgive them for that :(

So all in all, I'm giving this season a 9/10. Would have been a 10 with that ending (or with the RikixRin classroom scene, since I'm biased as hell :3 ). Since the 1st season and the OVA was also a 9, the adaptation itself gets a 9/10 from me.
It's far from being a perfect adaptation, but it was still very enjoyable and "feelsy", so I'm content with what I saw. Hell I'm happy they even adapted it.
If you guys liked what you saw, go read the VN to get the full experience :)

Rin Lovers unite! I also think they are the true OTP, This is the 2nd time when they have fallen on top of each other lol, once in her route when they were carrying the cat food, and then the last episode which was to cute. Holding hands were a sign aswell, was hoping they wouldve put that kiss scene in or the hospital proposal scene, then i wouldve given it a 9/10 instead of a 6/10. Also in the Little Busters EX 3min PV, Riki and rin hold hands aswell.. Dat OTP is strong.
Dec 29, 2013 6:22 AM

Mar 2013
I'm disapointed, after I knew about the bad ending. i think that if they showed it before the true ending it would be so more emotional. so much it could go down as as good as afterstory. but well, all's well when it ends well. but I wish rin,kyousuke and riki had died at the explosion. would be a better ending
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Dec 29, 2013 6:29 AM

Jun 2012
MagicFlier said:
Akanezora said:
Oh, btw, almost forgot. Do everyone out in the real world remember what happened in the world created by Kyosuke?

They never knew each other prior to the real world, so they interacted and became friends during the time in the dream world; so I guess the ending implies that everyone remembers everything that's happened in the dream world, or at least a large portion of it? I hope that answers your question!

I asked that question before, and that one guy who really knew his shit (had Sasami Sasasegawa as his profile picture) said that they DID know each other. Also if you remember whenever Riki approaches one of the girls he already knows who they are, so he most likely DID know them.

As for anyone asking why we want a future adaption, JC Staff screwed up character development and seriously hurt the emotional scenes in the anime and made a lot of anime-only viewers have MUCH different perspectives on the characters than the VN readers did. They did an average job and when we have shows like Clannad that at least got all of the original feels, character development, emotions, etc. etc. right we want justice done to this VN.

You all may say it was a good adaption, but if you knew anything about quality, pacing, development, music placement, animation, emotional scenes, perspective, and/or just read the VN you'd realize how much WORSE it is. From watching Clannad and Clannad AS then playing the VN I can say the anime trumps the VN except for the routes that weren't adapted (forget their names, but it's the old guy and a blonde haired kid).

So we want someone who can do that with this show since JC Staff didn't do it.
Dec 29, 2013 6:34 AM
Dec 29, 2013 6:39 AM

Jul 2011
MagicFlier said:

Mystic-Paw said:
Story was good, but what was the point if everyone lived. Watched two season of riki trying to get stronger but in the end it was all a waste of time.

Which do you prefer?
A Riki that hasn't gotten stronger and is still heavily reliant on Kyousuke? or a Riki that isn't reliant on Kyousuke, but is someone who is being relied on now (Rin) as well as solving solutions himself. Why do you think it's a waste?

This, basically.
Sometimes I feel like people forget that Kyousuke is not always right. The same way his methods to make Rin grow up in her route were wrong, he didn't expect Riki and Rin to grow strong enough to save everyone. Both Riki and Rin would be unable to do anything if they didn't go through everything they did in the dream world.

LB! anime ending > LB! VN true ending and Clannad anime ending.

"Like this too we met in a dirty and ugly world; Thank you for this miracle."
Dec 29, 2013 6:42 AM

May 2010
KeyIsLove said:
MagicFlier said:
Akanezora said:

I asked that question before, and that one guy who really knew his shit (had Sasami Sasasegawa as his profile picture) said that they DID know each other. Also if you remember whenever Riki approaches one of the girls he already knows who they are, so he most likely DID know them.

Well, they HAD to know each other, I mean they were classmates after all. They weren't friends IRL though, and I must say that there was a really great and subtle hint from J.C.Staff in 12th episode about that. All girls look lonely and they don't even sit with each other, but with some randoms (or alone, like Mio).
And yeah, EX! anime definitely will explain a lot, at least Sasami's route should from what I can see now while playing it.
Kitsu-neeDec 29, 2013 6:49 AM
Dec 29, 2013 6:45 AM
Jun 2013
Also, Kyousuke will be graduated a few months later. Riki is now able to take his place as a leader and protect his place to return, as Kyousuke said in Bokura no Asa.
Dec 29, 2013 6:54 AM

Apr 2013
Dec 29, 2013 7:03 AM
Dec 2013
I'm still disappointed that they pretty much dropped Haruka's sister (can't remember her name) after her arc. She seemed really cool and I wish we could've gotten to know her more.
Dec 29, 2013 7:05 AM

Sep 2013
holdonbaby said:
I'm still disappointed that they pretty much dropped Haruka's sister (can't remember her name) after her arc. She seemed really cool and I wish we could've gotten to know her more.

U mean Futaki Kanata? Well in little Busters! EX adaptation next year, there are 2 episodes dedicated to her, as its her own route. So you will see her again even more when the OVA's for EX are released.
Dec 29, 2013 7:12 AM

May 2010
Rin, you became so strong; Riki you too... All of them and their injuried selves... Those determined faces... So glad that all of them survived, they gotta stick together.. Kurugaya! Mio! Kud! Kumari! Haruka! Kengo! Masato! When they bumped heads and Kurugaya was beaming, I was like just like good ol' times.

Episode had a few flaws but I am way too happy to mention those. Just that I think, it would be even better if either Kyousuke died and rest survived , or Riki and Rin died along with the rest and them reunited in the afterlife. But I guess, this is just as good

10/10 for this masterpieces.
Dec 29, 2013 7:19 AM

Sep 2013
1st time ive seen someone give a JC Staff adaptation a 10/10... Its gonna rain bricks!
Dec 29, 2013 7:43 AM

Apr 2010
Mediocre ending, well i guess they wanted a happy ending but to be honest it made the dream world seem out of place.
And it makes the story seem strange as for adaptions this season was better then first season but considering the first season played a major part on this season i have to say overall this was average.
Not the type of thing what i expect from Keys, then again the director from first season was not fit to direct anything let alone a Keys production which i think is a shame seen to potential of this series.
But i guess we have to live with that.
Dec 29, 2013 7:55 AM
Aug 2013
Good Anime 10/10
Dec 29, 2013 8:04 AM

Sep 2011
Notches better than the first season, I was so used to heart-breaking endings from Key adaptation, this actually turned out to be an ultra-positive ending, all smiles.

8/10, for a better second half and the lovely OST.

I have to say I expected a more gruesome realistic ending considering how horrible the bus crash was, the fact that everyone survived was truly a miracle and everyone made a healthy fantastic recovery, felt too good to be true. This is one of the times, I actually wouldn't mind a slightly more casualty based ending, not for the sake of drama but I feel it would feel more realistic/honest in a sense.

PS: After one car accident for Riki during his childhood and another bus accident during his school trip, when Kyousuke brought a van to enjoy their school trip again. I couldn't help but ponder what accident will this end with, these people must be extremely positive with no trauma whatsoever, strong hearts.
DKNer0Dec 29, 2013 8:07 AM
Dec 29, 2013 8:45 AM
Jun 2013
It's true that going after such an accident is nonsense, but, oh well. Also, it was never stated how Riki's parents died in the VN.
Dec 29, 2013 8:53 AM

Aug 2010
ShanaTaiga said:

That kiss only happened in the second play through anyway.
Dec 29, 2013 9:29 AM

Sep 2007
The best 'feel good' ending I've experienced in a little while ...

Dec 29, 2013 10:06 AM

May 2012
Ol-Hybrius said:
It's true that going after such an accident is nonsense, but, oh well. Also, it was never stated how Riki's parents died in the VN.

Yes it was... In episode Riki.. Riki is somehow outside the accident walking over to the totaled car.
Dec 29, 2013 10:34 AM
Jul 2011
Anyone know how the people in Japan reacted to this series overall?
Dec 29, 2013 10:52 AM

Sep 2012
Dunno, the 2ch discussions really died down because, since I think a lot of people dropped the show a long time ago anyway.
I hate the twitterfags going "This anime is supposed to be Maeda's masterpiece, something he could never ever surpass?"
It makes me laugh that people actually thought that this series would represent that, especially with how overhyped it was for a JC Staff production.
In general, a lot of the time, there are things in the anime adaptations of Key's works that overdramatize events and rush drama and make it less believable that all give Maeda a worse rep. I hoped the Refrain anime would've redeemed that aspect of Maeda's writing because of how pure and subtle the drama is in most of Rin and Refrain compared to other works. There's only a few real crying scenes and whatnot, so I thought the friendship of the main 5 LBs would be something to win over more people than it did, but meh.

Oh well.
Dec 29, 2013 12:39 PM
May 2012
Horrible. forced happy ending.
Pages (11) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Is it likely Little Busters Refrain will reach top 5 in MAL? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Aversa - Oct 3, 2013

308 by polarbeararmy »»
Apr 16, 8:53 AM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2013

351 by FUNNYDOGE »»
Apr 13, 12:16 PM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2013

391 by Remurst »»
Apr 9, 2:48 AM

» How good?

kam1n0 - Dec 12, 2021

21 by Donkunsan »»
Apr 2, 2023 3:39 PM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sycheras - Nov 9, 2013

371 by kusanagi_ZFG »»
Feb 22, 2023 10:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.