Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Dec 28, 2013 12:09 PM
Sep 2013
Barion-Zara said:
Loved it so much >.<!!! I was shedding tears of happiness at the last part :D

Animation was great from start to finish. No derp faces or anything which is great ^^

Emotions in the first half were brilliantly done starting with Riki's past and Riki's monologue to get stronger to him and Rin saving the others. Dem feels T^T
Loved how they were carrying each one of them.

The part with saving Kyousuke was really well done too :)...Loved it a lot.

Did anyone notice Kurugaya looking at Riki while we was saying "It's not like I'm not worried" when he was looking out the window (around 17:15) Just some JC teasing lol XD

The last part with their private field trip and all the snapshot was so much fun. I was smiling throughout :)...Dat RinxRiki close kiss teasing XD
Loved all the snapshots so much esp Komari+Yuiko one and Kyousuke+Rin one. So beautiful <3

As for how to rate this...hmmmm...This ep was an easy 10/10.

If I didn't take the fact this is an adaption into account I'd give a 9.5/10 (Which is what I'll score it since it pretty much surpassed my expectations (with this being JC and all that ^^))

If I take that into account then 9/10. JC did a really good job overall, esp considering it being 1 cour but some parts felt missing something.

All in all great adaption in general and glad to see LB get animated :D
Now to see how much it rises on the rankings? I'm guessing 8.40 is the max it'll reach.

No, sorry to say, but you're wrong.

Little Busters! is nothing like Clannad. Let's make it clear, the orbs are not the orbs in Clannad.
Riki or Rin didn't use any kind of orbs to change some future.
There's no parallel worlds, no illusionary world. The orbs in Little Busters are the people themselves. They're their minds.

The only miracle Little Busters! has is they created a dream which all members of LB share with it and lived in together. Making Riki and Rin strong enough to face the cruel reality. Then they did it, not only overcome the fear and weak, but also calm enough to deal with that harsh situation and saved people in the bus. That's the point, no real time loop, no travel back in time. They were making a dream together.
Dec 28, 2013 12:12 PM
Feb 2013
Seano299 said:
Reckoner said:
JC Staff did as well they could have with this but it still leaves me disappointed. Little Busters certainly is more of a journey is worth more than the end type of story.

Since the anime ended I think there's no way I can spoil anything anymore, but here's a minor rant from a VN reader like me.

Jun Maeda cut off his balls after Air. Kanon, Clannad, and Little Busters all suffer from these happy endings that undercut the emotional struggle and thematic presentation of the narrative. In Clannad's case, it's actually even more severe than it is here.

In the visual novel, as events progress you are first presented with the "Normal" ending. In the normal ending, Riki's narcolepsy kicks in after moving away from the bus and all his friends die in an explosion. Riki and Rin are left in the hospital depressed and there's a sense that all that Kyousuke gave Riki was for this moment and he would have to live life with everything his friends imparted on him. It made actual damn sense, and this should have been what the ending was about.

However, this is where Jun Maeda decides he has no freaking balls and gives you a choice in the visual novel like "it's not enough." This is where Riki somehow goes back to his birth and cures his narcolepsy in some sort of dream world, goes back in time and then redoes the moment after awakening from Kyousuke's dream world and saves the Little Busters. In the VN this is pretty much the WTF moment, what in the world are you thinking?!!!!? Yeah suffice to say, it was a poor choice.

At the very least, JC Staff did the decency of removing the deus ex machina feeling of the visual novel unlike the Clannad AS anime. So while it undercuts the emotional impact and themes of the story, it doesn't quite come off as badly. However, it's still annoying as hell and I really wish they had gone with a more BITTERsweet ending.

I don't know why so many say LB's true ending goes against all of its themes. One of its themes is defiance, and in the case of the anime, over-coming tragedy with the help and presence of your friends. I mean, look at Haruka's route in particular. It's all about defiance. Kurugaya's route also shows defiance, because she stopped the world loop so she could continue loving Riki. Kud's showed defiance to reality in a way (Shut up, it works). But the biggest piece of defiance? The secret of the world itself. They created an entire world so they could stall time and make Riki and Rin strong enough to live on. That there, is some pretty crazy defiance. Defiance for the sake of their friendship. I'd say the choice between good and bad endings, is just a case of which themes the player decides is more important to them.

Naw man, Key follows a format they call a "crying game". A comedic first half with a heart-warming romantic middle followed by a tragic separation and finally an emotional reunion. If you look at every Key novel, they all follow this format. Anyhow as such, the ending of LB! makes a lot of sense. I believe and so do others, that the first time they enter the "real world", they are still infact in the fake world. This is evidenced by the fact that if you fail in this part of the Visual Novel, kyouske tells you that you need to try again after you "die" and also by the dialogue that you have with kyouske after the hospital scene where he tells you rin's feelings will surely remain in the "real world too". Hell, the fact that you still can have a dialogue with kyouske shows that you aren't in the real world all together.

Riki and Rin decide that its "not enough" and thus take the reins from kyouske of the fake world that they were still in to go and fix their problems so that they can save everyone in the real event. When you die in that last section you just die. No kyouske telling you you failed, nothing but red and then the LB! opening menu. Also most importantly, in the final sequence Riki mentions that he has no memory of what happened in the fake world, yet clearly in the hospital scene he still remembers and so does rin.

I dont see how them saving their friends goes against the fundamental idea of LB!. The idea was that riki would become strong enough to surpass kyouske. But kyouske underestimated friendship and how much it meant to both riki and rin, as evidenced by rin's failure at the sister school because she couldnt talk to any of her friends.

If you look at things that way its not so far fetched that they would be able to create their own world, turn back time and fix their problems. This of course, is just an interpretation of the game and a fairly common one, but after a long time of consideration i think its what key intended.
Dec 28, 2013 12:19 PM

Jul 2012
The happiness of Little Busters! is back in this episode with everyone living and them going to the beach together :D

Awesome final episode.
Dec 28, 2013 12:21 PM
Feb 2013
JimRaynor said:
Barion-Zara said:
Loved it so much >.<!!! I was shedding tears of happiness at the last part :D

Animation was great from start to finish. No derp faces or anything which is great ^^

Emotions in the first half were brilliantly done starting with Riki's past and Riki's monologue to get stronger to him and Rin saving the others. Dem feels T^T
Loved how they were carrying each one of them.

The part with saving Kyousuke was really well done too :)...Loved it a lot.

Did anyone notice Kurugaya looking at Riki while we was saying "It's not like I'm not worried" when he was looking out the window (around 17:15) Just some JC teasing lol XD

The last part with their private field trip and all the snapshot was so much fun. I was smiling throughout :)...Dat RinxRiki close kiss teasing XD
Loved all the snapshots so much esp Komari+Yuiko one and Kyousuke+Rin one. So beautiful <3

As for how to rate this...hmmmm...This ep was an easy 10/10.

If I didn't take the fact this is an adaption into account I'd give a 9.5/10 (Which is what I'll score it since it pretty much surpassed my expectations (with this being JC and all that ^^))

If I take that into account then 9/10. JC did a really good job overall, esp considering it being 1 cour but some parts felt missing something.

All in all great adaption in general and glad to see LB get animated :D
Now to see how much it rises on the rankings? I'm guessing 8.40 is the max it'll reach.

No, sorry to say, but you're wrong.

Little Busters! is nothing like Clannad. Let's make it clear, the orbs are not the orbs in Clannad.
Riki or Rin didn't use any kind of orbs to change some future.
There's no parallel worlds, no illusionary world. The orbs in Little Busters are the people themselves. They're their minds.

The only miracle Little Busters! has is they created a dream which all members of LB share with it and lived in together. Making Riki and Rin strong enough to face the cruel reality. Then they did it, not only overcome the fear and weak, but also calm enough to deal with that harsh situation and saved people in the bus. That's the point, no real time loop, no travel back in time. They were making a dream together.

This is exactly the reason why JC staff failed so hard. They failed to capture the difference between the "dream" world and the real world. Then they took way to many sort cuts, essentially short changing people from fully understanding and empathizing with a good story that has very little scifi. One of the things that makes LB! very special for me is that the dream world could be something that could happen in a real scenario. At least thats how i felt when i first finished the novel. Having been in shock many times my self, its not that far fetched that you could create a world in your mind that last forever to escape those few moments of terror. Yet JC staff made it into this big thing that it wasnt by making it seem like kyouske lost control over it which was a stupid added plot device.
Dec 28, 2013 12:21 PM

Sep 2009
It didn't surpass Clannad for me. But still I'll never understand people who hate it. 9/10.
Nachtwandler_21Dec 28, 2013 3:32 PM
Dec 28, 2013 12:26 PM

Dec 2013
I didn't shed a tear until Masato took the camera away from Mio and started taking pictures of her... for some reason.

I'm sad because I didn't cry as much as I wanted to for this series (not JC staff's fault, mine, have I gotten colder?), but I enjoyed it all the same. I think I'll keep it at the 8/10 I gave originally gave it, compared to the VN, which I gave a 10/10.

I like to think that the ending is kind of bittersweet than just plain sweet because the happy ending where the bus doesn't explode into flames before they rescue everyone is just another dream world that Riki and Rin created together. In reality, Riki and Rin are the only ones who truly survived and they are comatose/unresponsive to the real world since they're living in that dream world. I'm not sure if that was how it is intended to be taken, but it is what I like to think.

My only complaint is that there was a lack of the OST (I think it's called Ensoku, or Excursion or Field Trip or something) that plays in the VN while Riki and Rin are at the scene of the accident. It would have been cool, but oh well.

I enjoyed watching this anime! I can't wait to see how the new EX stories turn out.

Little Busters saikou!
Dec 28, 2013 12:28 PM

Aug 2013
Nachtwandler_21 said:
It didn'tyt surpass Clannad for me. But still I'll never understand people who hate it. 9/10.

exactly :)
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Dec 28, 2013 12:31 PM
Feb 2013
JimRaynor said:
Draakisback said:
very very anti-climactic way to end it. All the things they left out, made the ending so much less interesting and then of course they left out the pieces of dialogue that made this ending make sense.

But hey at least they are consistent, i mean they ripped all the romance out of every heroine route, might as well keep it that way till the very end right? then why have rin and riki in the class room scene at all when that didnt even happen in the first play around and only happens if you "propose to her" in the hospital.

Oh well.

Didn't you remember when you first clear Refrain route, you only got normal Refrain End. The "propose to her" ended up a negative from Riki himself by replying to Rin "No, it's not a proposal."
Then in real world they treated like brother and sister, and the same class room scene.
Only when you clear Refrain twice then the option will be provided and players can choose "Yes" to Rin and ending up Rin true end.

See? It's also optional like Kurugaya TE2. So is that so important to put that scene into anime? No.

Some VN readers' memories clearly got fuzzy.

They show the rin scene for a few secs in the original ending and then later rin asks in a confused manner who he actually likes and he gives an ambiguous answer. yes i remember that, but clearly JC staff was going for the true ending considering how much they built up the rin/riki romance. even with the almost kiss snapshot at the end of the episode. Im not saying its important to put a scene into an anime but youd think after all that "castration", aka, removal of all the romance from all the other heroine routes including the one heroine route that was about romance its self (kurugaya's) they would at least give a little romantic pay off.
Dec 28, 2013 12:32 PM

Sep 2012
kudoko said:

I like to think that the ending is kind of bittersweet than just plain sweet because the happy ending where the bus doesn't explode into flames before they rescue everyone is just another dream world that Riki and Rin created together. In reality, Riki and Rin are the only ones who truly survived and they are comatose/unresponsive to the real world since they're living in that dream world. I'm not sure if that was how it is intended to be taken, but it is what I like to think.

Cool thoughts, but the drama CD Bokura no Asa literally says that the true end takes place in the real world. The dream world Riki and Rin create collapses, as the title at the top of the VN changes from "The Last Dream" after Riki is born again and the dream world collapses.
Regardless, the true end is reached with Key magic time travel.
It just seems like Maeda wanted to give more impact for Riki and Rin surpassing Kyousuke's expectations, and give more emotional impact, by having the hospital end -> the true end.

Doesn't really matter, people can interpret it however they want, but Key basically confirmed that the true end takes place in the real world.

In Bokura no Asa, Riki asks Kyousuke, "who could see through anything", and Kyousuke said that it's the real world, something he achieved through his strength.

I said I wouldn't post, but I couldn't help it >_<
Links:
http://nonsensetls.wordpress.com/2012/09/21/little-busters-bokura-no-asa-2/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxegkyezRk4 (it's in 3 parts)
Vladz0rDec 28, 2013 12:36 PM
Dec 28, 2013 12:38 PM

Dec 2013
Vladz0r said:

Cool thoughts, but the drama CD Bokura no Asa literally says that the true end takes place in the real world. The dream world Riki and Rin create collapses, as the title at the top of the VN changes from "The Last Dream" after Riki is born again and the dream world collapses.
Regardless, the true end is reached with Key magic time travel.
It just seems like Maeda wanted to give more impact for Riki and Rin surpassing Kyousuke's expectations, and give more emotional impact, by having the hospital end -> the true end.

Doesn't really matter, people can interpret it however they want, but Key basically confirmed that the true end takes place in the real world.

In Bokura no Asa, Riki asks Kyousuke, "who could see through anything", and Kyousuke said that it's the real world, something he achieved through his strength.

...Oh.

I've listened to Bokura no Asa, too, I guess I must've forgotten that part or just didn't pay attention enough.

Key magic isn't as fun, but I'll take it I guess.
Dec 28, 2013 12:40 PM

Sep 2013
the epsiode was too happy for my taste hehe, I would rather see a sad ending, but whatever, wasn't bad :)
Dec 28, 2013 12:49 PM

Feb 2013
Happy endings are always better
Dec 28, 2013 1:13 PM

Sep 2012
The difference in opinions on the themes of the story were obviously going to show up here.
When Little Busters is constantly spamming "Become stronger!" "Surpass me, Riki!" but at the same time talking about overcoming loss, and Kyousuke is so confident that all the Little Busters are going to die, which is silly because no one had died on the bus, the true ending becomes a huge redirection if you prioritize the events of the story (dream world collapsing, bus crash in your face) and don't consider the possibility of Riki/Rin becoming stronger to save everyone, rather than just live on their own.

The narcolepsy is also a huge issue, since imo, it would've been better as a story if it didn't prevent Riki from saving people in the first place, but it shows Riki's hesitation and what not. We start to move into grey territory in terms of the story and themes, and people will consider is either a silly impossible shonen powerup, or Riki actually being able to overcome his fears and stay conscious to save everyone, and exceed expectations.

Then, if you say Key magic applies to the miracle that created the world, but doesn't apply to Riki overcoming his narcolepsy, it also gets crazy.

So, what was the dream world for?
Riki obviously didn't want to let go of his friends. Kyousuke was the one who felt that Riki becoming stronger was to prepare him for a loss that hadn't even happened yet. Riki's narcolepsy is a plot device that keeps him from saving everyone even if he wanted to.

It's a mess of loose conflicts, and then the VN gives you two conclusions on top of that. One is a bitter end that Riki wouldn't truly want, and one surpasses Kyousuke's expectations by having Riki overcome his fears, but it involves time reset magic and thematic subversion.

It's kind of ridiculous the way Maeda ended the story, and how the true end seems to fit thematically by readjusting the major themes to ones of overcoming fears, becoming stronger, exceeding expectations, but involves time reset magic.

Still, it's a nakige, and it worked for people with all the magic stuff in it. People come up with all sorts of interpretations, and people keep talking about the VN.
The VN having multiple interpretations, and having players continue to value the farewells and Kyousuke's sacrifice by sticking to the hospital end was a good idea.
I think if the VN only had one ending similar to the anime, I don't think it would've been as satisfying.
Dec 28, 2013 1:23 PM

Sep 2012
Mio is kawaii as fuck
Best episode because more Mio.
Also those stills of the Little Busters all injured ;-;
Dec 28, 2013 1:33 PM

Mar 2012
Didn't like how it ended, the happiness seemed way too forced. If everyone survived, then there was really no point in the farewells imo, which were the highlights for me.

Still, it was much better than the first season. 8/10
Dec 28, 2013 1:40 PM

Sep 2012
It's kinda funny how people have double standards for happy endings and fell like X didn't matter because OMG perfect happy ending in the end.
People forgive Steins;Gate and Clannad After Story for doing the same thing the LB anime did, except LB's ending isn't even as contrived as something like random Okabe from the future that might as well be Nitro+ KEY MAGIC.

I think when people get to love the characters, it changes how they perceive these sort of twists and endings, and the execution and intensity of events can yield forgiveness for these endings for a lot of people.
Dec 28, 2013 1:46 PM

Dec 2013
GG. It ended D:
Dec 28, 2013 1:48 PM
Jun 2013
Vladz0r said:
It's kinda funny how people have double standards for happy endings and fell like X didn't matter because OMG perfect happy ending in the end.
People forgive Steins;Gate and Clannad After Story for doing the same thing the LB anime did, except LB's ending isn't even as contrived as something like random Okabe from the future that might as well be Nitro+ KEY MAGIC.

I think when people get to love the characters, it changes how they perceive these sort of twists and endings, and the execution and intensity of events can yield forgiveness for these endings for a lot of people.

I didn't interpret Steins;Gate ending as some kind of Key Magic actually. I only saw it once, but it seemed logical for me. Anyway, LB! has the less WTF Key Magic in my opinion. It doesn't even seem magical in the anime. Also, while the ending kinda ruined Clannad to me, LB!'s still make sense, since Riki and Rin became stronger and that's why they were able to save everyone.
Dec 28, 2013 1:56 PM

Jun 2013
It ended.

Now only EX! is left to watch.
Dec 28, 2013 2:02 PM

Jul 2012
That ending was just like clannad... Everything ending up in peace.... Good anime, but I disliked the ending :/
I think it would have been better if Kyousuke had died saving his friends.
O'Hai :D
Dec 28, 2013 2:02 PM

Sep 2012
Well, Steins;Gate's ending also has the buildup with the D-mail video that Okabe can't open because he's on the wrong timeline in the first episode.
It was well set up, but it's the sort of thing that's hidden in the background so that you enjoy the emotional ride up to the end. There's a lot of stuff going on in Steins;Gate.

LB's ending at least didn't feel like magic in the anime.
There's the whole silly debate /a/ had though.

these posts are so crazy

>Just watched it on himado. In the anime is so obvious when Riki and Rin create the new world. Also Kyosuke's appearing from the window like that screams dreamy world.
The bus exploded when Riki had the narcolepsy attack, everyone is dead ut they will be together forever.

>the part where they save everyone is already Kyosuke's dream.
They died when Rin went to save Riki and everything became yellow .

>more like real world and time are pointless. They created a new world because everyone of them dreamed the same. This time the new world wont disappear because nobody will leave this time and thus the gears of the world will keep working.

Because the visual effects are totally supposed to imply that they're in a dream world, heh.
Anyway, the explosion finishes happening. It's not like time was stopped before the explosion and Riki and Rin had to create a dream world because they were about to die. It just seems like they narrowly escaped the explosion somehow, and there's dramatization of the size of the explosion before the commercial break.
Dec 28, 2013 2:09 PM
Jun 2013
Vladz0r said:
LB's ending at least didn't feel like magic in the anime.
There's the whole silly debate /a/ had though.

these posts are so crazy

>Just watched it on himado. In the anime is so obvious when Riki and Rin create the new world. Also Kyosuke's appearing from the window like that screams dreamy world.
The bus exploded when Riki had the narcolepsy attack, everyone is dead ut they will be together forever.

>the part where they save everyone is already Kyosuke's dream.
They died when Rin went to save Riki and everything became yellow .

>more like real world and time are pointless. They created a new world because everyone of them dreamed the same. This time the new world wont disappear because nobody will leave this time and thus the gears of the world will keep working.

Because the visual effects are totally supposed to imply that they're in a dream world, heh.
Anyway, the explosion finishes happening. It's not like time was stopped before the explosion and Riki and Rin had to create a dream world because they were about to die. It just seems like they narrowly escaped the explosion somehow, and there's dramatization of the size of the explosion before the commercial break.

Seems like people want a bittersweet/bad ending so badly that they're speculating about anything which could made the show turn that way. That being said, I have to admit that if I haven't read the VN nor heard Bokura no Asa, I would probably be thinking about the possibility that everything after the break is a dream.
Dec 28, 2013 2:13 PM

Apr 2010
It ends without focusing on the romance. I'm not a great fan of Riki x Rin, but I guess it was better than nothing. Not a perfect adaptation, some scenes were really better in the visual novel.
I'll give it a 8/10 because it's an emotional anime with a great story.

The final bus ride was amazing. See you later on EX adaptation, Little Busters!
Dec 28, 2013 2:15 PM

Jul 2009
Vladz0r said:

so the reason why little busters anime is flawed because jc staff failed to deliver the characters in a likeable way? if so, i agree. little busters chars are meh at best.

8/10 for kurugaya arc and that kyosuke yelling it's unfair scene. without those two, 6/10 series (6/10 is FINE -- not shit).
Dec 28, 2013 2:25 PM

Aug 2013
Now that LB Refrain is over, I don't know what to rant about anymore ;'( ..There's EX, but that's a month from now. I hope they make an ova of bokura no asa for to me, it is like the kyousuke route if u look at the ending ;)
Dec 28, 2013 2:26 PM

Jul 2011
Wow, I REALLY think they messed up with the scene where they get everyone out of the bus. It should have been a LOT more intense, but it goes so slowly, and the music choice is so BAD. In the game, that was one of the most intense scenes, because if you do one wrong choice (out of like twenty prompts), you'll die. Not to mention the game really pushes the point home that you have to freaking HURRY - the bus is going to freaking explode, Kyousuke only bought you like ten minutes tops! MOVE YOUR ASS! You don't have TIME to be thanking your friends, you gotta save them!

Like in Clannad, where I thought it would have been best to end it once Tomoya reconciles with his daughter and not go on into all of the Key magic stuff (and have his daughter die too - that was stupid), I feel the same way here. It should have ended with Rin and Riki getting away, and moving on.

And oh my freaking god, Riki just admit you love him. Jesus Christ, it almost makes me wish that Riki were born a girl so she and Kyousuke could get together, because the relationship between them is far stronger than the one Riki has with Rin.

Overall, the episode was again just ok. It's a shame because the episodes in the middle of the season were so strong, to have it end on kind of a weak note sucks. That being said, I LOVE the Little Busters song, so at least I was able to bob my head along to that as I was watching the last few minutes.

As for the entire season, I'll say it was a HUGE improvement over the first season. It was definitely rushed at several points, but in the end I think it's better to be rushed than to be dragged out. I think my average for this season will land at a 8/10, simply for the scene where Kyousuke, Masato, and Kengo are saying good bye to Riki - that was by far the best scene in the entire series, and the one I was most looking forward to, and it delivered.
Dec 28, 2013 2:28 PM

Jan 2010
A fair adaption.
Now's where's that Rewrite anime announcement?

Zandatsu (斬奪 - "cut and take")
Dec 28, 2013 2:29 PM

Sep 2012
Kurogashi said:

so the reason why little busters anime is flawed because jc staff failed to deliver the characters in a likeable way? if so, i agree. little busters chars are meh at best.

8/10 for kurugaya arc and that kyosuke yelling it's unfair scene. without those two, 6/10 series (6/10 is FINE -- not shit).

No, there are plenty more reasons than that, haha.
But yeah, JC Staff didn't do the characters well. On paper, they pack a lot of the same dialogue and look similar to the VN, but that doesn't really make them ENDEARING.
There's a huge mess of issues and things that could've made the show miles better and more enjoyable, and I think I've stated some of them a few times here .(I can't remember)

Raiden_ said:
A fair adaption.

If they announced a JC Staff adaptation, I'd be mad as fuck.
Dec 28, 2013 2:33 PM

Dec 2009
Mmm, I still don't know how to feel about the ending. Ever since I watched episode 12 I wasn't liking where the ending was heading, though I thought Riki was somehow going to create a world where everyone could live happily. It was nice to see him saving everyone, though I wish Kyousuke had died. Yes, it would be sad. But at the same time it would have been amazing how he struggled 'til the end. Him appearing in the window as if nothing had happened felt too forced to me, but I liked him a lot as a character.
Dec 28, 2013 2:36 PM

Dec 2009
This was a good ending, but I didn't cry or feel any emotional attachment to it. I guess that's partly because I found Little Busters really boring... Refrain, however, was great. It relied so much on the first season, though, so the impact was kinda lost.

I want to see more of the characters fooling around, but well-executed like in Refrain :(

Anyhow, I quite liked Refrain. Good show. Could've been better, though.

(ALSO STOP TALKING AND MOVE IF THE BUS IS DANGEROUS)

I wish the magic had some sort of explanation.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Dec 28, 2013 3:02 PM

Aug 2010
Well, the ending was surprisingly not that bad. The first half of the season was rushed, the second one drawn out, it was rather tedious, but what did I expect from JC Staff.... They included the minivan scene, that bumped my score from 5 to 6, as that was absolutely a must and one of the most powerful scenes in LB!. I'm glad that at least there was no romantic conclusion after butchering Kurugaya's route. 6/10 for the series, 4/5 for the episode, nice closure.
Dec 28, 2013 3:08 PM

Nov 2009
Nachtwandler_21 said:
It didn'tyt surpass Clannad for me. But still I'll never understand people who hate it. 9/10.

That's exactly why vn readers hate it... because the anime didn't surpass Clannad's anime. The anime pretty much ruined the image of the vn for most people, but it can be an opportunity to attract more people to play the vn though. Still, LB's story was still a very memorable experience for me so I'm going to give it a high score. Even if it's bad moments outnumbered it's good moments, it's still good nonetheless. That was a good ride. Hope to see you all in EX next! :3

Marow said:

Go back a few pages...
Dec 28, 2013 3:12 PM

Sep 2012
Great Happy Ending, The Little Busters is back again :D Thanks to Riki and Rin.

Dat car accident. Dat blood

Kyousuke is really trying to stop the gas leak in the real world. Oh
Riki and Rin is doing their best to save them all. I like that OST when they're saving the students.

Rin singing o.o

I'm glad to see all of them again.
Kyousuke's entrance was cool.

Yey, Another trip for Little Busters. To the beach.

Whoa, They almost kissed each other.

Mio is cute here. Nice pictures.

That ending song is like from the previous season's OP/ED or just an OST??

Riki - "I'm sure it will continue far into the future."
Dec 28, 2013 3:26 PM
Jun 2013
What a fantastic episode..
They really set the mood..

Gosh so many people saved! Everyone is alive and well \o/
Kyousuke... ;-;
Dec 28, 2013 3:33 PM

Sep 2012
Marow said:
This was a good ending, but I didn't cry or feel any emotional attachment to it. I guess that's partly because I found Little Busters really boring... Refrain, however, was great. It relied so much on the first season, though, so the impact was kinda lost.

I want to see more of the characters fooling around, but well-executed like in Refrain :(

Anyhow, I quite liked Refrain. Good show. Could've been better, though.

(ALSO STOP TALKING AND MOVE IF THE BUS IS DANGEROUS)

>I want to see more of the characters fooling around, but well-executed like in Refrain :(
Pretty much this...
A lot of the comedy was badly done, and when it finally got good in the second season and people actually got to like it, BAM, Kurugaya and Rin arcs, and Refrain of course. They finally started doing a good job with the comedy, but it was pretty much too late with the first season being what it was.

As for the explanation, basically, Riki created a dream world where he was able to imagine not being born, and his realization that living means losing, but it's not worth it to just shut yourself away from the possibility of losing someone, was what got him out of his narcolpetic state from episode 12. Rin also hugged him to help him get out of that state.
Basically, his narcolepsy gets triggered because of his fear of losing people. (and there are random times when he has narcoleptic attacks).

Well, it's possible that Riki didn't really create a dream world, but basically, he had an internal struggle and overcame his fear of loss thanks to Rin and his strengthening from the dream world. This led him to be able to save everyone without suffering from narcolepsy.
Vladz0rDec 28, 2013 3:36 PM
Dec 28, 2013 3:42 PM

Jan 2011
I approve,Happy endings are okay in my books if it's about Little Busters!, though refrain didn't hit me hard enough in the feels as i wanted it to JC did do a good job with what they had just wish they did better on season one it would had most likely turned off a lot less people

Solid 8 for me!
Dec 28, 2013 3:48 PM
Jul 2011
Little Busters will go down as my favorite series of all time. I'm going to read the VN now. :D I loved all the characters and the music was just awesome. I enjoyed this series even more than Clannad. I'm glad I gave this series a chance! Sad that it's over, though.
Dec 28, 2013 3:51 PM
Jul 2018
I was having a bad feeling that someone might die at the end. Well glad that everyone is alive. I sure love this kind of anime. Hope they will made it again next year.
Dec 28, 2013 3:53 PM

Sep 2011
Vladz0r said:
Raiden_ said:
A fair adaption.

If they announced a JC Staff adaptation, I'd be mad as fuck.

Pretty sure Tennouji_ would be mad x10.

Anyways, I'm not sure how I should rate this... Too many fuck ups, too many changes, songs being used when they shouldn't, animation, etc.

As a fan of LB, I feel like I'd be rating it on pure "fanboy" instinct of how good the VN was. Hovering around an 8 for me, but I sort of want to put it at a 9.
Dec 28, 2013 4:09 PM
Sep 2013
ninja88880 said:
Didn't like how it ended, the happiness seemed way too forced. If everyone survived, then there was really no point in the farewells imo, which were the highlights for me.

Still, it was much better than the first season. 8/10

Think about it. If Riki and Rin aren't mentally strong to face that tragedy, Riki would really fall asleep again and leave Rin helpless. So they will all die or only Rin survive.

But with that strength, they're not only help themselves but also save others. That's the point.
Dec 28, 2013 4:09 PM
Sep 2013
Vladz0r said:

^ this.
Dec 28, 2013 4:10 PM
Sep 2013
Ol-Hybrius said:
Vladz0r said:

I didn't interpret Steins;Gate ending as some kind of Key Magic actually. I only saw it once, but it seemed logical for me. Anyway, LB! has the less WTF Key Magic in my opinion. It doesn't even seem magical in the anime. Also, while the ending kinda ruined Clannad to me, LB!'s still make sense, since Riki and Rin became stronger and that's why they were able to save everyone.

You've got the point of LB! GJ!
Dec 28, 2013 4:13 PM
Mar 2013
Vladz0r said:

Steins;Gate did not have any supernatural bullshit or magic at all. It just found a loophole in how the laws of time travel in the series worked and used that to establish a happy ending.. Changing the string of events without changing the outcome.
Dec 28, 2013 4:15 PM
Sep 2013
Makuro said:
Great Happy Ending, The Little Busters is back again :D Thanks to Riki and Rin.

Dat car accident. Dat blood

Kyousuke is really trying to stop the gas leak in the real world. Oh
Riki and Rin is doing their best to save them all. I like that OST when they're saving the students.

Rin singing o.o

I'm glad to see all of them again.
Kyousuke's entrance was cool.

Yey, Another trip for Little Busters. To the beach.

Whoa, They almost kissed each other.

Mio is cute here. Nice pictures.

That ending song is like from the previous season's OP/ED or just an OST??

Riki - "I'm sure it will continue far into the future."

The ending song is Little Busters -Jumper Version-. Not only the composing is different but also the lyrics. It matches the grand ending of Little Busters.
Dec 28, 2013 4:16 PM

May 2010
It all ended pretty much within 10 minutes...It's a bit too fast imo.Then again it wasn't bad, and the trip part was really fun to watch.

I don't know what to think about it, honestly. I feel that as just as anime series it's good, but as an adaptation - not really. A huge fan like me, when LB! is my no.1 favourite and beloved story I don't feel satisfied.

Best things in anime were - amazing opening + Hanabi song, Hikaru Midorikawa better then ever, Yui Horie as Riki (the best choice they could make for him), charadesigns - far superior to these in the game, ep 11, some scenes which weren't in the game, MUCH MORE BROMANCE, and nicely done Kurugaya's arc.

But the flaws also were huge... Rin lacking a character until the 12th episode, she was almost nothing like the one from vn. Many scenes lacked proper tone or weren't done at all, Rin2 squeezed into 3 minutes......., even the animation sometimes was just horrible.
Most of the CGs were just ridiculously bad, the proper comparison needs to be done.

I think how to rate this, maybe when I rewatch it I'll like it better. I mean I don't want to see it only as an adaptation, it's not like I didn't enjoy it.
Tyrel said:
As a fan of LB, I feel like I'd be rating it on pure "fanboy" instinct of how good the VN was. Hovering around an 8 for me, but I sort of want to put it at a 9.

Same here actually. For now I've rated it with 8, but I love the characters and the story so much... Argh, I'm so confused.
Dec 28, 2013 4:21 PM
Sep 2013
MagicFlier said:
Nachtwandler_21 said:

That's exactly why vn readers hate it... because the anime didn't surpass Clannad's anime. The anime pretty much ruined the image of the vn for most people, but it can be an opportunity to attract more people to play the vn though. Still, LB's story was still a very memorable experience for me so I'm going to give it a high score. Even if it's bad moments outnumbered it's good moments, it's still good nonetheless. That was a good ride. Hope to see you all in EX next! :3

Marow said:

Go back a few pages...

Little Busters! VN doesn't necessarily try to surpass Clannad neither. Those "Little Busters > Clannad" thought is only for part of Key fans not all. Some Key fans still think AIR is the best, or ONE is the best, or Kanon is the best.

The point is lots of the people think Little Busters! is as same as the Clannad class, that doesn't mean Little Busters! surpass it.
On the other hand, Jun Maeda did say LB! is his pinnacle work, that it's general statement combined with how the sale successful the LB! is.
Dec 28, 2013 4:24 PM
Sep 2013
SwiftKilla said:
Vladz0r said:

Steins;Gate did not have any supernatural bullshit or magic at all. It just found a loophole in how the laws of time travel in the series worked and used that to establish a happy ending.. Changing the string of events without changing the outcome.

Wow, so is there any Stein gate in real world? Time travel proved in real world now?
Dec 28, 2013 4:25 PM
Jun 2013
JimRaynor said:
Ol-Hybrius said:
Vladz0r said:

You've got the point of LB! GJ!

Well, I'm a VN reader, you know. I can understand why some people are upset about the ending, but while I also rather like the bittersweet hospital ending by far, I'm still able to enjoy the happy end. First of all, because in the VN, you ARE Riki and YOUR friends died, so I was reassured to see them all safe at the end on y first paythrough. Cheesy or not. Secondo, this is not like Riki was going back to May 13th to tell everyone not to go on the field trip or something like that. Like I said, the ending, even if being confusing with time travels in dream worlds, is enjoyable because it makes sense. And being a VN reader, I knew how it would end from the beginning of the Refrain season, so I couldn't be disapointed with a final episode which go further than the original scene in the VN. In my opinion, at least.
Dec 28, 2013 4:34 PM

Sep 2012
My point about S;G was that it was a plot convenience from the future while Okabe had repeatedly reached despair every time he traveled back.
The VN I think forces you to reach an ending where you have to choose between Kurisu or Mayuri, and that would've served a lesson not to fuck around with time travel, but we get a perfect ending instead.
Dec 28, 2013 4:44 PM
Sep 2013
TheSonicohxk said:
I just saw the raw... but i must say i'm kinda dissappointed. :(

Don't get me wrong, for the anime as a standalone, this was awesome. But if you have played the visual novel... It's just not the same.

It was the same with Clanand, i guess. The plot about the boy getting the girls, so at the end he use all the orbs to make his wish come true. But in the anime they didn't use it exactly like that and change some story and left out some stuff, making all a litte bit confusing, and still is one of the best animes.

LB:Refrain is the same.
Without mentioning that i'm a Kurugaya-fag, she deserves more than all the other heroines. Because of the theories about Kurugaya's true end(which are well debated and explained in this post http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=650837) until now, isn't wrong to asume that Kurugaya x Riki pairing is canon. At least, more than the others.
The hierarchy would be something like this, in my opinion:
1.- Kurugaya.
2.- Ex routes.
3.- Rin.

Why?

1.- Kurugaya has her true ending after refrain, meaning, in the real world. Next, from the CD's it's safe to assume the characters remember all the related to their whishes:
Rin: to get stronger
Komari: get over her brothers death
Kud: get over her mothers death
Haruka: reconcile with her sister
Mio: accept herself.
Kurugaya: Learn human emotions, which she didn't really got in the first playthrough.
Also, at the end of the last route of Refrain(the second), Riki tells us about how the girls are doing. He say thinks like "haruka and her sister get along" and "mio seems to accept herself" while with Kurugaya he says "she has a bittersweet smile". And the game ends there. Then you play it again(Refrain already completed) and Kurugaya finally confess her felings to Riki(while Riki remembers his own's). That's enough to say: They are canon.

2.- Ex routes are all after refrain, i think, i haven't seen them cuz the aren't english i think, but i'm loking for videos with subs. But basically their routes happen in the real world, at least Sasami's, since Komiri remembers about the imaginary world and her wish.

3.- The first run of Refrain isn't really canon. You have to play it again, and then Rin doesn't confess to Riki in the hospital(i guess peple who just saw the anime won't get this xD) Basically i'm saying that in the last true route(besides Kurugaya's, which happens after this), Rin and Riki really didn't get to be couple, but they could.

You people should read the VN. I did it with Kanon and Clannad and learn that animes really aren't as good as the original, that's why with Little Busters i decided to read it first, and i'm glad.

Basically i was excepting at least some litte hints from Kurugaya's true route. Just he saying "but Kurugaya seems to have a bittersweet smile" i could have been like "YEAH! THEY ARE GONNA END UP TOGETHER!". But i didn't get even that. Just that thing give this feeling about the anime's ending. But it was in fact good, just not as the original.
TheSonicohxk said:
I just saw the raw... but i must say i'm kinda dissappointed. :(

Don't get me wrong, for the anime as a standalone, this was awesome. But if you have played the visual novel... It's just not the same.

It was the same with Clanand, i guess. The plot about the boy getting the girls, so at the end he use all the orbs to make his wish come true. But in the anime they didn't use it exactly like that and change some story and left out some stuff, making all a litte bit confusing, and still is one of the best animes.

LB:Refrain is the same.
Without mentioning that i'm a Kurugaya-fag, she deserves more than all the other heroines. Because of the theories about Kurugaya's true end(which are well debated and explained in this post http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=650837) until now, isn't wrong to asume that Kurugaya x Riki pairing is canon. At least, more than the others.
The hierarchy would be something like this, in my opinion:
1.- Kurugaya.
2.- Ex routes.
3.- Rin.

Why?

1.- Kurugaya has her true ending after refrain, meaning, in the real world. Next, from the CD's it's safe to assume the characters remember all the related to their whishes:
Rin: to get stronger
Komari: get over her brothers death
Kud: get over her mothers death
Haruka: reconcile with her sister
Mio: accept herself.
Kurugaya: Learn human emotions, which she didn't really got in the first playthrough.
Also, at the end of the last route of Refrain(the second), Riki tells us about how the girls are doing. He say thinks like "haruka and her sister get along" and "mio seems to accept herself" while with Kurugaya he says "she has a bittersweet smile". And the game ends there. Then you play it again(Refrain already completed) and Kurugaya finally confess her felings to Riki(while Riki remembers his own's). That's enough to say: They are canon.

2.- Ex routes are all after refrain, i think, i haven't seen them cuz the aren't english i think, but i'm loking for videos with subs. But basically their routes happen in the real world, at least Sasami's, since Komiri remembers about the imaginary world and her wish.

3.- The first run of Refrain isn't really canon. You have to play it again, and then Rin doesn't confess to Riki in the hospital(i guess peple who just saw the anime won't get this xD) Basically i'm saying that in the last true route(besides Kurugaya's, which happens after this), Rin and Riki really didn't get to be couple, but they could.

You people should read the VN. I did it with Kanon and Clannad and learn that animes really aren't as good as the original, that's why with Little Busters i decided to read it first, and i'm glad.

Basically i was excepting at least some litte hints from Kurugaya's true route. Just he saying "but Kurugaya seems to have a bittersweet smile" i could have been like "YEAH! THEY ARE GONNA END UP TOGETHER!". But i didn't get even that. Just that thing give this feeling about the anime's ending. But it was in fact good, just not as the original.

EX routes are really great too. I'm not gonna try to spoiler you, but you will find a very exciting scene from one of the route telling you other heroine's story is still continue. Just enjoy ;P

For Kud route, I have to disagree with you a little bit. Based on all the endings in VN, her mother's death never mentioned once and after refrain Riki even said Kud's country had some incident but solved well. So I don't think her mother is dead.

Most importantly the rocket explosion is in the dream world, JC staff even did some alternatives just told you her mother didn't died in anime too. Yeah, it's very confusing in VN, the writer of Kud route have to explain it on Kud Wafter.
Pages (11) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Is it likely Little Busters Refrain will reach top 5 in MAL? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Aversa - Oct 3, 2013

308 by polarbeararmy »»
Apr 16, 8:53 AM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2013

351 by FUNNYDOGE »»
Apr 13, 12:16 PM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2013

391 by Remurst »»
Apr 9, 2:48 AM

» How good?

kam1n0 - Dec 12, 2021

21 by Donkunsan »»
Apr 2, 2023 3:39 PM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sycheras - Nov 9, 2013

371 by kusanagi_ZFG »»
Feb 22, 2023 10:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.