Forum Settings
Forums

Light Novel Series 'Rail Wars! Nihon Kokuyu Tetsudo Koantai' to Receive Anime Adaptation

New
Dec 23, 2013 11:47 PM

Feb 2012
A scan from the January issue of Kogata Zenkoku Jikokuhyo, a magazine for Japanese train schedules, announced that an anime adaptation of the light novel series Rail Wars! Nihon Kokuyuu Tetsudou Kouantai (Rail Wars! Japanese National Railways Security Force) has been green-lit.

Synopsis
The "dream railway paradise entertainment" story is set in a parallel world where Japan did not privatize its national railways. Naohito Takayama is an ordinary high school boy who dreams of a comfortable future working for the top-rated Japanese National Railways. He is assigned as a trainee in the Railways Security Force full of odd characters such as Sakurai, a troublemaker who hates men. On top of that, an extremist group called "RJ" plots to privatize the Japanese National Railways. (Source: ANN)

Promos for the light novel series can be found on the official site.

Official site: Rail Wars

Source: Yaraon

News submitted by Stark700

Rail Wars! on MAL
NaruleachJun 24, 2014 3:32 AM
“News travels fast in places where nothing much ever happens.” ― Charles Bukowski
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Dec 23, 2013 11:53 PM

Feb 2012
Going off the PVs this could be a pretty interesting series. The character designs look awesome and it certainly is a story I haven't seen before in anime. Looking forward to finding out more info.
“News travels fast in places where nothing much ever happens.” ― Charles Bukowski
Dec 23, 2013 11:55 PM

Nov 2011
Interesting. This is the very first time I even heard of this LN before. There's quite a lot of volumes too and the premise sounds original. Definitely will be watching :D
Dec 24, 2013 12:08 AM
Feb 2012
That concept is certainly... new. I might like that one.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Dec 24, 2013 12:14 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
GuiltyKing said:
That concept is certainly... new.

Not really. Library Wars also did those weird militarized public service thingy.... in an alternate Japan timeline.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Dec 24, 2013 12:27 AM

Jan 2011
Mmmmm ecchi and action, looks like something GoHands would do.
[center]
Dec 24, 2013 12:58 AM

Oct 2012
well, the chara design isn't bad...guess I could give it a shot?

Dec 24, 2013 1:00 AM
Jul 2018
I say it's getting a little late. We have heard train otaku for so long and now finally an anime about train and railway. Wait which one is it? train or railway. might added cool looking bullet train/shinkansen and others. yay I guess. Hope it will be interesting.
removed-userDec 24, 2013 1:04 AM
Dec 24, 2013 1:03 AM

Feb 2011
I'm definitely intrigued. This anime adaption might prove awesome so I'll look forward to it. But it's too early to be happy , I'll wait until the cast and studio is announced , lol.
Dec 24, 2013 1:11 AM

Apr 2011
This seems to be pretty damn cool from the PV's
Glorious Titties Nuff Said!

Make America Great Again!
Dec 24, 2013 1:14 AM

Jul 2012
I'm keen, I really like the sound of it from its synopsis.
Dec 24, 2013 1:49 AM
Feb 2012
wakka9ca said:
GuiltyKing said:
That concept is certainly... new.

Not really. Library Wars also did those weird militarized public service thingy.... in an alternate Japan timeline.

Let me rephrase my words then. It's certainly new to *me* since I haven't watched Library Wars. Thanks for the clarification, though.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Dec 24, 2013 2:02 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
First time I've heard of its light novel, but I'm certainly going to keep an eye on this for more info in the future. o_e I'm interested.
Dec 24, 2013 2:02 AM
May 2012
Sounds interesting and I like the character designs :3

I'll watch it!!!
Dec 24, 2013 2:15 AM

Jan 2008
I know the art from vania600 (search at yande.re or any other image board your choice) and I always thought this looked quite nice. I hope the Anime will also look nice like drawings I have seen.

At least the idea is a fresh, and new for me.
Dec 24, 2013 2:27 AM

Oct 2009
I'm intrigued, but I'm bothered that it's ecchi. The art reminds me of High of School of Dead though.
Dec 24, 2013 2:43 AM

Nov 2009
Worth a try.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 24, 2013 2:49 AM

Oct 2011
Trains always remind me of Baccano! :3 PV looks good and the story sounds interesting. I'm giving this a try when it comes out~
Dec 24, 2013 3:05 AM

Mar 2010
Finally anime with trains. After Tetsuko no Tabi there's nothing to watch.
Ame_no_Michi.png
stamp1y.jpg
Dec 24, 2013 3:34 AM
Feb 2012
I love trains so I most definitely will be watching this. =D
Dec 24, 2013 5:35 AM

Jun 2012
The plot sounds good. I haven't heard of this light novel either.

"No matter how far you travel, you can never get away from yourself."
-- Murakami Haruki
Dec 24, 2013 5:46 AM

Jun 2011
After watching the PVs,
Wind_Sr said:

Synopsis:
He is assigned as a trainee in the Railways Security Force full of odd characters such as Sakurai, a troublemaker who hates men.

it should be ".. full of odd females .."

Ugh I hate when they do this, it feels like this show could not survive on itself without the charm of those females. I'll try it out but I can see myself dropping this already.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Dec 24, 2013 6:25 AM

Apr 2013
I like de art style and the sound. I'll watch it!
Dec 24, 2013 6:25 AM

Feb 2010
Oh man, this looks nice, I just saw the novel art was done by Vania600 and I love his/her artworks. The story seems a lot different too, I'll totally give this a try, I'm just hoping for a good studio to pick this up and reproduce the great art style as close as possible to its source.
FaytzDec 24, 2013 6:30 AM
Dec 24, 2013 6:28 AM

Aug 2013
One of these days i really want to watch LN adaptations that isn't always about self-insert male lead being thrown into/surrounded by cute girls, in which this one has strong semblance of. I dunno why, but it somehow gives me impression that these LN authors borrow their writing style from eroge/VN given their strong preference at using certain type of characters and storytelling style that's often found in such medium. Not that it's bad, but it's getting to the point where i can hardly enjoy them anymore.

---------------------

At first glance, the premise sounds indeed fresh and probably new to me, but how it's going to execute itself is still pretty worrisome to look forward to. Medium like LN has rarely impressed me since their storytelling and characterization are always constrained to some degree, which prevent them from becoming something compelling and involving, at least for somebody who put more emphasize on writing value like myself.

Oh well, i'll just have to wait and see it by myself
Dec 24, 2013 7:15 AM

May 2011
The premise is certainly new to me. I'll give it a try but it doesn't seem very interesting.
Dec 24, 2013 7:32 AM

Aug 2013
Somehow, the synopsis sounds pretty interesting, even though I feel that this is going to be a "Military" anime...
Dec 24, 2013 7:58 AM

Oct 2012
The girl in official site's cover.. Looks like Shiina Mashiro xD

In short .. it's another harem with train fetish? xD
LN adaptation.. Somehow I just doubt this
Well, there's no loss to try it a bit :)
"Signature removed"
Dec 24, 2013 8:00 AM

Feb 2012
Anyone knows which studio animated the PV?
Dec 24, 2013 8:51 AM

Nov 2008
This premise is very original, I haven't read the LN but have heard a little about it.

I'll watch it and see how it ends up.

Dec 24, 2013 8:56 AM

Nov 2010
Amiluhur said:
One of these days i really want to watch LN adaptations that isn't always about self-insert male lead being thrown into/surrounded by cute girls, in which this one has strong semblance of. I dunno why, but it somehow gives me impression that these LN authors borrow their writing style from eroge/VN given their strong preference at using certain type of characters and storytelling style that's often found in such medium. Not that it's bad, but it's getting to the point where i can hardly enjoy them anymore.

---------------------

At first glance, the premise sounds indeed fresh and probably new to me, but how it's going to execute itself is still pretty worrisome to look forward to. Medium like LN has rarely impressed me since their storytelling and characterization are always constrained to some degree, which prevent them from becoming something compelling and involving, at least for somebody who put more emphasize on writing value like myself.

Oh well, i'll just have to wait and see it by myself

While it's possibly true for majority, I think it's not always true... And it's not always a bad thing. For light novel, some examples would be HakoMari (currently #7 at MAL manga database) or Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita (surprisingly got an anime adaptation last year and got a very nice reception). They were even written by ex-VN writer, but it incorporates some of staple plot-centric VN tropes which is pretty far from common romcom tropes that you were expecting from moege VN. I could name some other unique gems that you can find on LN, but yeah most of them are not popular in mainstream audience.

As for this series, it has good art and unique premise for sure. I hope it can deliver.
Dec 24, 2013 9:03 AM
Mar 2011
its a very good LN from the one volume iv read no guin saga but nothing is
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Dec 24, 2013 10:08 AM
Mar 2010
Interesting premise but ecchi....?

I too would like fewer series with cute girls or harem or ecchi to pull viewers in. I know it sells, I know I'm in the minority but having more shows like Samurai Flamenco or Sakamichi no Apollon would be nice.

But look at how they sold....

Ah well, I'll still watch it. :)
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Dec 24, 2013 2:14 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Oh god, this looks so good. Potential for awesomeness, I'm definitely checking it out.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Dec 24, 2013 5:04 PM

Mar 2012
Might watch, kinda interested
Dec 24, 2013 6:03 PM

Jun 2012
It sounds like it has a lot of potential. The only genre hint on MAL right now is the action tag (plus the rumored ecchi of course) but I am really hoping for comedy to go along with those elements.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Dec 24, 2013 6:09 PM

Aug 2013
Reminds me of Toshokan Sensou only with trains. Art definitely looks nice.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Dec 24, 2013 7:56 PM

Aug 2013
Looks like it could easily be either great or mediocre. Will watch.
"Your argument is like a naked banana--it simply lacks appeal."
Dec 24, 2013 9:07 PM

Jun 2013
Sounds interesting. Definitely going to watch.
Dec 25, 2013 12:20 AM

May 2011
Wow. Hard not to get invested in a premise like this. I really can't wait to see the staff list.
Dec 25, 2013 6:45 AM
Dec 2013
Never hear this light novel, and suddenly it has anime adaptation. The plot sounds interesting. Add to watchlist :D. Btw is the author of this novel a newcomer?
Dec 26, 2013 9:41 AM

Nov 2008
Oh i already like this one count me on board this train.
Dec 26, 2013 9:46 AM

Sep 2012
This looks like it could be cool. But sounds like it will do nothing for me except make my eyes roll.
Dec 26, 2013 10:46 PM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
This will either turn out really cool or end up being ridiculous. I think I might just give this one a ride.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Kuroiwa Medaka ni Watashi no Kawaii ga Tsuujinai' Gets TV Anime

Hyperion_PS - Today

13 by RobertBobert »»
2 hours ago

» Smartphone Game 'Garena Free Fire' Gets Anime Project

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

39 by Jonas-K »»
2 hours ago

» Manga 'Kinoko Inu' Receives TV Anime in Fall 2024

Hyperion_PS - Today

1 by KryzakamiHrybami »»
9 hours ago

» Manga 'Kakushite! Makina-san!!' Gets TV Anime in 2025

Vindstot - May 9

15 by Piromysl »»
Today, 4:47 AM

» 'Kimi no Iro' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

6 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.