Jul 2008
I maybe a guy who like sad ending
but love good ending to

any why these ending don't make any sense

How she return any way
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 19, 2013 10:59 AM

Jan 2008
Someone mentioned that since Akihito can now have more control over the "Beyond the Boundary" that exists within him and Mirai being a part of the Boundary, his feelings have come through for her to exist within the world.

This means in reality, Mirai is dead and the Mirai we saw at the ending and during the battle is a construct of the "Beyond the Boundary".

Kinda depressing when you think about it.
Dec 19, 2013 2:41 PM

Sep 2007
She didn't return. She's still dead. Now she is a figment of Akihito's imagination, borne from the feeling of guilt over being unable to prevent her ultimately useless sacrifice.

I like to think that, because otherwise I've wasted 12 episodes' worth of time only to get an ending with an effing Disney Death for the sake of a retarded Happy Ending.
Dec 19, 2013 3:29 PM

Aug 2012
You won't get the ending becoz it's both not explained and there are no enough clues to form a speculation. They just pulled off an irritating forced happy ending that you can see in almost every shitty movies (especially in my country).

This is Guilty Crown 2.0... but a much better version. You'll know what I mean if you've watched it.
Dec 19, 2013 4:17 PM
Jun 2013
julyan04 said:

This is Guilty Crown 2.0... but a much better version. You'll know what I mean if you've watched it.

This is so true.
Dec 19, 2013 4:19 PM

Feb 2013
Guilty Crown was a lot better.
Dec 19, 2013 4:21 PM

Dec 2010
vanetz said:
She didn't return. She's still dead. Now she is a figment of Akihito's imagination, borne from the feeling of guilt over being unable to prevent her ultimately useless sacrifice.

I like to think that, because otherwise I've wasted 12 episodes' worth of time only to get an ending with an effing Disney Death for the sake of a retarded Happy Ending.
That would be dark as fk. But I'd like it better that way
Dec 19, 2013 4:32 PM

Apr 2013
julyan04 said:
You won't get the ending becoz it's both not explained and there are no enough clues to form a speculation. They just pulled off an irritating forced happy ending that you can see in almost every shitty movies (especially in my country).

^ ending sucked
Dec 19, 2013 4:34 PM

Jan 2013
vanetz said:

I'm just going to continue to believe this.
Dec 20, 2013 9:21 AM
Jul 2018
vanetz said:

i prefer this ending. i'm also going to believe this.
Dec 20, 2013 9:39 AM

Jan 2009
I was better off being confused because then i thought the anime would be better than it actually was.

Instead all i was left with was regret, this anime is complete shit. =(
Dec 20, 2013 11:11 AM

Mar 2012
I agree with you, OP.

That ending was confusing as hell. After watching it, I pretty much scratched my head and shouted "WTF just happened?" at my computer screen (okay, maybe thinking that out loud rather than screaming).

I'm not sure if I need to marathon this show again and sort of put the pieces together to figure out what that ending meant or if it still wouldn't make sense even if I did that. Even if I did marathon it again, it wouldn't be until next month since I have a lot of anime to catch up on before putting together by "Best of 2013" list. Although, I pretty much know already what my #1 anime of 2013 is going to be (probably not what you think it would be).
Dec 20, 2013 11:36 AM

May 2010
Toucanbird said:
That ending was confusing as hell. After watching it, I pretty much scratched my head and shouted "WTF just happened?" at my computer screen

LOL.. That was i did after watching it. i was really confused and laughed with a strange sound untill my roomate hit my head hard with a book.
Dec 20, 2013 11:42 AM
Dec 2012
Ending was one of the biggest ass pools of the show and there was a lot of them. Sense? It has no such thing, random stuff to make fanboys happy.
Dec 20, 2013 11:49 AM

Oct 2011
This ending reminds me of Sunday Without God's ending T__T
Dec 20, 2013 4:35 PM

Jun 2012
almozayaf said:
but love good ending to

How she return any way

This is an opened ending, in the end you are the one who speculate and accept your choice. For me she is alive, the ring returned to her, the ring was real(since it existed in the real dimension) so why can't she be too? She the other shades/demons were transported back just like Akihito was. So for me that is that, case closed.
If you want an irrefutable right explanation than read the novel and spoil the what happened to me please xD, since this won't have a second season for sure.
Dec 21, 2013 10:05 PM

Jun 2010
My speculation is when Mirai absorb that Beyond the Boundary, she disappeared.. But then it's going back to Akkey and he defeats it so that he has total control of it..

So by assuming that everything is back to normal, then Mirai also back to the real world (the Beyond the Boundary isn't disappeared, it's just going back to Akkey so Mirai won't disappeared and going back to real world)
Dec 21, 2013 10:56 PM

Mar 2012
Snaita said:
almozayaf said:
but love good ending to

How she return any way

This is an opened ending, in the end you are the one who speculate and accept your choice. For me she is alive, the ring returned to her, the ring was real(since it existed in the real dimension) so why can't she be too? She the other shades/demons were transported back just like Akihito was. So for me that is that, case closed.
If you want an irrefutable right explanation than read the novel and spoil the what happened to me please xD, since this won't have a second season for sure.

LN doesn't have the answers as the 2nd arc was anime original. You're gonna have to wait till S2 for KyoAn to give you the answers.
Dec 22, 2013 1:04 AM

Dec 2009
I didn't think she returned at all either, she probably materialized in Akky's shadow world, since he could have more control over it
Dec 22, 2013 6:19 PM

Jun 2012
Esclair said:
LN doesn't have the answers as the 2nd arc was anime original. You're gonna have to wait till S2 for KyoAn to give you the answers.

Really!? How disappointing. Than it's like Ao no Exorcist(only reference I could remember right now), now I don't see any hope for season 2, as well for the real answer...
Dec 23, 2013 9:34 AM

Jul 2010
What ? Which episode are original anime ? Damn.
Dec 23, 2013 9:48 AM

May 2013
It's nice that they "met" again. Confused.. but whatever, I like happy endings.
Dec 23, 2013 12:29 PM

Jan 2013
Clearly its an asspull with the size of the Grand Canyon.
Dec 24, 2013 12:09 AM

Apr 2012
AnimeFan500 said:

THIS.
Though, I'm glad with the ending though.
Without, it would seem like Angel Beats.
I can't stand the pain of my OTP not working out
:((((

My forum picture is awesome. #sorrynotsorry (tumblr)

Dec 24, 2013 12:38 AM

Nov 2012
Nemesis0 said:
Ending was one of the biggest ass pools of the show and there was a lot of them. Sense? It has no such thing, random stuff to make fanboys happy.

It may be hard to agree at first, but then when you rewatch it over again, there's nothing concrete to support how Mirai survives that battle. Tch, effin' asspull at its worst.

Want some free EN TL light novels? Take a look at my loot...→Missing out on an Anime OP/ED? Check the complete collection here...→
Dec 24, 2013 7:06 PM

Mar 2013
To be honest, I don't think it was THAT bad. Sure, the ending was a bit cliche but I don't think we should all assume that she resurrected or anything. Since it wasn't revealed as to how she survived or came back, I think they left the ending to our own imagination and speculation, so please try not to get angry guys, the series overall (in my opinion) reflected a lot of problems, dilemmas that people such as myself that could relate to, as well as the art being brilliant. Not saying that it is a masterpiece, but saying that the anime sucks just because the ending was left unexplained doesn't mean it was bad. For example, you guys didn't rage so much at soul eaters ending. ^^
Dec 24, 2013 7:14 PM

Oct 2013
GUYS. Listen to this:

Kuriyama-san is still dead. Akhito made a puppet of her out of his own emotions!!!!!!!!!

Ugh, I wish it ended with that bitter sweet ending. Anyway, what do you guys think? I'm looking at the possibility that maybe this is a segway to S2.
Dec 24, 2013 10:36 PM
Apr 2011
What figgypudding said.
I actually really enjoyed this anime. It was cute, had damn good animation, and while the story was kind of out there at times, it didn't matter to me much in the end.
Sure, it's not Kyoani's best work (or even close), but considering their recent history, it's a huge step in the right direction. Maybe soon in the future we'll get the next Haruhi Suzumiya or Clannad, you never know.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Dec 25, 2013 11:54 AM

Oct 2007
Honestly, for the first time, I really wanted a happy ending for this anime. Usually, I don't mind sad endings as long as the story is well told, but with this.... I can't even tell.

They royally fucked up the ending... seriously. It's almost like they flipped then flopped, wishy-washy, couldn't decide if they wanted a sad or happy ending. When you end a story leaving the audience completely confused if they should feel happy or sad or whatever the fuck happened... you kind of failed. It almost feels like they wanted a sad ending but were too afraid to execute it properly. Sad considering that the rest of the anime was such a joy to watch.... sigh.... oh well
Dec 25, 2013 10:43 PM

Jan 2013
Good god. I'm just trying to imagine how amazing the ending would have been if it basically revealed that it was all his imagination. Like after he spoke to her, Hiroomi came up and asked "who are you talking to?"

He looks at him, then looks back to find that Mirai isn't there anymore. With a confused feeling he replies, "no one..."

"Are you okay Akkey?"

Slightly depressed while still pondering what happened, "yeah, I'm fine."

Maybe I shouldn't write endings...
Dec 26, 2013 3:42 AM

Jan 2013
The ending was confusing. I prefer a clear cut good ending, bad ending or "Inception style ending".

But they told me Mirai Kuriyama was dead twice, I believed them both times, only to have her re-appear again and again.

woofiewilly said:
Good god. I'm just trying to imagine how amazing the ending would have been if it basically revealed that it was all his imagination. Like after he spoke to her, Hiroomi came up and asked "who are you talking to?"

He looks at him, then looks back to find that Mirai isn't there anymore. With a confused feeling he replies, "no one..."

"Are you okay Akkey?"

^That's pretty good
A friend and I started ShoukoChan Anime T-shirts. We design modern and fashionable anime T-shirts you'd love to wear on a day out. Come check us out!
Dec 26, 2013 4:01 AM

Feb 2010
Nemesis0 said:

Well... if you think it doesn't make sense and anime has lot of "ass pools" I think you shouldn't watch "Kill la kill" because people watching it thing that it is "about" puberty and [sarcasm]that makes lot of sense[/sarcasm]
But seriously, this anime was not confusing(aside ending, but it was just a little) and most of the things are reasonable and this things fits fictional world that Mirai leaves in. Read quote bellow to understand it more.

Ammish said:
Someone mentioned that since Akihito can now have more control over the "Beyond the Boundary" that exists within him and Mirai being a part of the Boundary, his feelings have come through for her to exist within the world.

This means in reality, Mirai is dead and the Mirai we saw at the ending and during the battle is a construct of the "Beyond the Boundary".

Kinda depressing when you think about it.

As for BtB it make sense, and I think the same.

It really depends on your point of view because anime didn't take it too far.
If you believe in a "soul" and that the body is just container for the soul that would be not depressing
... otherwise.... yeah.... depressing... and I think it might be more depressing than her death.
ps. I heard every 7 years you have completely different set of cells than 7 years before. So it's like every 7 years "new you" is being born. ^_^ Nice?
WannabitemeDec 26, 2013 4:04 AM
Dec 31, 2013 10:29 PM
Nov 2013
woofiewilly said:

"Are you okay Akkey?"

A+, would pay to see animated.
Jan 2, 2014 6:46 AM

Jan 2013
Esclair said:

That ending makes no sense. Bringing Mirai back three times? Really, just stop. I figured KyoAni did something stupid because a lot of it made absolutely no sense which is typical of anime original and my hunch was right. If there's an S2. This really reminds of the BS A-1shit did with Magi and Ore no Imouto. Meh, liked it originally but now....
Jan 10, 2014 9:49 AM

Aug 2009
I have already had my suspicion when I saw that this anime only has 12ep, but many of my friends fussing about it and thus I gave it try.. the ending really blew me away.. it felt like at first I gave this anime score: 8 for the cool action and story, and I had an expectation since the main plot isn't wide, it could have a good or fine ending (its okay even if its sad)
however when I got the ending like that I was so pissed, and I felt like this anime become worthless to me, cause they spoiled the good in the end and in the end I gave this anime 5/6..
its upset me a lot, I think that if they couldn't came up with a proper ending, might as well they didn't make this anime at all.. such a kill joy :S
Jan 10, 2014 10:07 AM

Sep 2013
my theory on what the what fuck just happened in the ending

akihito manages to have full control to the kyoukai no kanata and was able to recreate the dimension where mirai can exist. when he was looking at the ring and the ring vanishes, he realizes that he succeeded.

if knk will have a season 2 they will most likely explain how mirai is alive.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Jan 24, 2014 4:43 AM
Oct 2013
Just finished watching this anime and I think the ending is well played. Quite good if you asked me. It's probably one of the simplest yet best ending I had in a while.

The story is actually simple. There's even an episode dedicated to explain everything that happened. It's not confusing if you're just paying enough attention.

Mirai was not revived 3 times. The original Mirai only lived once and never been revived. She died when she tried to extract Kyoukai no Kanata from Kanbara.

In my own words, the most feasible explanation on the ending is that Mirai was "artificially" reconstructed or revived by Kanbara's Kyoukai no Kanata due to his feeling and her feeling reaching each other.

The "feeling" may mean two things: 1) Their love with each other; and 2) Kanbara's KnK and Mirai's cursed blood. With either or both of these two created the miracle we saw in the ending. And by miracle, I mean physically existing in the physical plane.

By all means, the original Mirai officially died once. The second (KnK) Mirai who died inside the KnK is nothing but a "leftover" of Mirai from her cursed blood that managed to fuse within KnK, thus Mirai also vanished when the manifestation of KnK started to fall off. This was already mentioned in the anime. I don't see why people are so confused on it.

Now for the third one, let's call her Ending Mirai for simplicity's sake. Kanbara was walking and holding the ring KnK Mirai left to him. There are 3 probable explanation I can think on why the ring vanished:
1) The ring disappeared because it returned to its owner by default, which is Mirai. Now you may ask it ignores the law of physics but what if the ring is "non-existent"? In other words, the ring itself is a leftover manifestation of KnK Mirai thus when it disappeared, it simply returned to its owner.

A clearer explanation is that Mirai is being reconstructed by Kanbaru's KnK thus any remnants of the previous Mirai (which is KnK Mirai's ring) was purged and gone.

2) The ring disappearing is just a "sign". In stories involving love, seeing an "item" related to your "lost" love suddenly falling, appearing or disappearing must be a sign that "something" is happening. So when Kanbara saw the ring disappearing, he ran as fast as he can to the "first" place they meet.

3) Both. Kanbara realized that the ring slowly vanishing is a sign that Mirai is being "reborn/reconstructed/revived" thus he ran as fast as he can to the first place they met.

With this, the ending and everything else makes sense. Although not explicitly shown, this is the best speculation I can muster which I honestly believed what really transpired.

If by any words I could describe the ending, I would say it's "romantic, nonchalant yet splendidly exceuted" rather than "loosely pulled ass" claimed by people who didn't even sweat thinking which the majority of people here do.

It's not on the same level as Guilty Crown. It sucks. Kyoukai no Kanata didn't. This anime deserves more.
ExplodingGirlJan 24, 2014 4:50 AM
Jan 24, 2014 5:03 AM

Jan 2014
They didn't explain it at all

There are two explanations why Mirai returned

1. Because Beyond the boundary returned to Akihito, Mirai's sacrifice was null and void

2. Mirai is just a memory of Akihito made by Beyond the boundary within him
Jan 27, 2014 12:11 AM
Dec 2012
mbdsquad said:
Just finished watching this anime and I think the ending is well played. Quite good if you asked me. It's probably one of the simplest yet best ending I had in a while.

The story is actually simple. There's even an episode dedicated to explain everything that happened. It's not confusing if you're just paying enough attention.

Mirai was not revived 3 times. The original Mirai only lived once and never been revived. She died when she tried to extract Kyoukai no Kanata from Kanbara.

In my own words, the most feasible explanation on the ending is that Mirai was "artificially" reconstructed or revived by Kanbara's Kyoukai no Kanata due to his feeling and her feeling reaching each other.

The "feeling" may mean two things: 1) Their love with each other; and 2) Kanbara's KnK and Mirai's cursed blood. With either or both of these two created the miracle we saw in the ending. And by miracle, I mean physically existing in the physical plane.

By all means, the original Mirai officially died once. The second (KnK) Mirai who died inside the KnK is nothing but a "leftover" of Mirai from her cursed blood that managed to fuse within KnK, thus Mirai also vanished when the manifestation of KnK started to fall off. This was already mentioned in the anime. I don't see why people are so confused on it.

Now for the third one, let's call her Ending Mirai for simplicity's sake. Kanbara was walking and holding the ring KnK Mirai left to him. There are 3 probable explanation I can think on why the ring vanished:
1) The ring disappeared because it returned to its owner by default, which is Mirai. Now you may ask it ignores the law of physics but what if the ring is "non-existent"? In other words, the ring itself is a leftover manifestation of KnK Mirai thus when it disappeared, it simply returned to its owner.

A clearer explanation is that Mirai is being reconstructed by Kanbaru's KnK thus any remnants of the previous Mirai (which is KnK Mirai's ring) was purged and gone.

2) The ring disappearing is just a "sign". In stories involving love, seeing an "item" related to your "lost" love suddenly falling, appearing or disappearing must be a sign that "something" is happening. So when Kanbara saw the ring disappearing, he ran as fast as he can to the "first" place they meet.

3) Both. Kanbara realized that the ring slowly vanishing is a sign that Mirai is being "reborn/reconstructed/revived" thus he ran as fast as he can to the first place they met.

With this, the ending and everything else makes sense. Although not explicitly shown, this is the best speculation I can muster which I honestly believed what really transpired.

If by any words I could describe the ending, I would say it's "romantic, nonchalant yet splendidly exceuted" rather than "loosely pulled ass" claimed by people who didn't even sweat thinking which the majority of people here do.

It's not on the same level as Guilty Crown. It sucks. Kyoukai no Kanata didn't. This anime deserves more.

I agree with you, mbdsquad, I loved this anime and thoroughly enjoyed the ending.

A lot of people complain about it not making sense but I feel this is only due to the fact the anime doesn't straight up explain a lot of things, you have to pay attention. This is because unlike many, anime, movies and TV Series these days it doesn't tend to just shove large chunks of information down your throat or have flashbacks after a sequence with one of the characters narrating so they can explain what just happened to the audience. It tends to do more "showing" and less "telling".

As for the ending, I believe there are many ways it could make sense by the world's lore/rules so I haven't really picked one and said "Yep, this is why it makes sense Mirai came back at the end." but there are a few theories/reasons that I've read/thought of that make sense. I admit some explanation would've been nice but I don't know where they could've fit that in. I mean ending on an explanation would've made the ending less emotional and having a similar situation happen earlier in the anime would've made the end predictable. So basically in terms of explanation it's very ambiguous but I guess in the end a lot of entertainment is all about suspending your disbelief so really whether you're ok with their being a rock solid explanation or not is an opinionated thing.

mbdsquad, I think the theories you have there are valid possibilities and found them really interesting. :) But anyways, I'm just going to write some reasons/theories about the ending and just some general thoughts I guess:

1. In amongst all of the transferal of existence (or whatever you want to call it) of Mirai there's something odd to note. Mirai's ring which somehow reigns back her powers while she wears it still needs to be taken off for her to use her powers to her full potential inside KnK. It is also the only thing left of her when she fades away inside KnK. The ring then transfers back into the physical realm from KnK as well. All of this leaves us to think the ring contains immense power of some sort. This leads us to a few possible conclusions:
A) When Mirai entered KnK the case was not that her physical body disappeared and her spirit entered KnK but rather that her entire physical body entered KnK and began to exist there. I say exist there because clearly KnK isn't like other shades in the way that people can exist within it and the fact that it exists on a different plane to the rest of the world. But with enough power (provided by Akihito and then boosted by Miroku) it can enter the human plane of existence. Due to KnK's physical form (the form it takes on when outside of Akihito) being destroyed by Akihito and taken back into him Mirai and everything in this separate plane of existence no longer has room to exist so her physical form fades away and her spirit becomes integrated with KnK which is then inside Akihito. From here on, just the same as the way human emotions seep out from people and create dreamshades, Akihito's sadness about Mirai and love for her and possibly also her longing for him and love for him caused her to be able to materialize again and exist in the physical plane. Seeing as the ring is attached to her spiritually it teleports to her on the rooftop (it could also be speculated that seeing as the rooftop was an important/emotionally intense spot for the two that’s why she materialized there). This spiritual attachment could be looked at in two ways:
- As her spirit fades away she drops it just the same as a dreamshade would drop a shadestone so when she materializes she materializes around the ring.
- Seeing as the ring clearly has spiritual power (made obvious by the way it can hold back Mirai's powers) it could possibly contain some of her spirit in a physical form. The fact that Akihito takes this back to the physical world means that through the same way a dreamshade is formed she can use it as a base to form around like a shadestone (as I said earlier).
B) This theory is very similar to the one above and has few differences. A lot of the theory from A also applies to this theory, including the speculation about the ring. So here it is: Mirai’s physical body was destroyed and then she entered KnK as a spirit (or possibly even a shade of sorts/a variant of a shade). But even though Mirai is a spirit and has left her physical side behind she still had her ring. This shows that the ring in one way or another is attached to her spirit although it is still a physical object (like a shadestone). Later seeing as the plane of existence that is KnK is ceasing to exist her spirit fades away and integrates with KnK (rather than just ceasing to exist at all) so that KnK can exist within Akihito again. However she leaves behind her ring. So we could see the ring as the equivalent of a dreamshade’s shadestone. And then just as a dreamshade would form due to emotions seeping out of someone’s body, due to Akihito’s missing Mirai and love for her and possibly also her longing for him and love for him, her spirit can escape from within KnK (which is within Akihito). Seeing as the ring is her equivalent of a shadestone the ring disappears from Akihito’s hand as she materializes based around the ring. It could also be speculated that seeing as the rooftop was an important/emotionally intense spot for the two that’s why she materialized there.
2. Well I DID have more but all of those ideas kind of just got morphed into the big blob above. XD

Alrighty! Well that was a lot of writing and a lot of hard thinking but there’s just another theory (or two I guess) that I believe to be viable! Also if there's a mistake in there or it gets really thick and hard to read I'm sorry, there was a lot of thought and it was hard to express. XP But yeah, I just wrote this because I wanted to put another theory out there for people to ponder on, not to tell anybody they’re wrong (just to make things clear so nobody gets mad). XP

So, yeah, basically I’ll just finish with this: I really love this anime, it’s one of my favourites and I think while it had some pacing issues and that it’s ambiguous and leaves many things unanswered at the end that the end is still viable by the logic of the world in more ways than one. :)
Jan 30, 2014 2:31 AM
Jul 2018
I was really hoping they would make it so she lost all her memories, so they could start all over again, this time without all the stabbing.
Jan 30, 2014 8:53 AM

Jan 2013
Are you guys serious? Guilty Crown is a lot better than this shit. While Guilty Crown also had a lot of plot holes, it atleast had an awesome soundtrack and awesome art/animation. And I also like Guilty Crown's characters far more than KnK (though they ruined my fav GC character).
Jan 31, 2014 5:50 AM

May 2013
I prefer to think she was never dead and was only trapped inside the one beyond the horizon, that way when Akihito got back his shade side he was able to free Mirai from it.
Mar 9, 2014 6:24 AM
Nov 2013
Mirai is Alive..his constant sorrow towards her death while holding a possesion of hers the whole time caused her to be "reformed" as a "Good Youma". Youmu are born out of peoples anguish and regret of humans. So his unresolved feelings over enough time basically made a "New" Youmu Mirai Kuriyama..." so, it's not the imagination.. as he said, they're reunited <3
Mar 25, 2014 5:18 PM

Dec 2012
daisy- said:
AnimeFan500 said:

THIS.
Though, I'm glad with the ending though.
Without, it would seem like Angel Beats.
I can't stand the pain of my OTP not working out
:((((

I know exactly how you two feel. Reason why I'm reading now x.X
Apr 2, 2014 11:36 PM
Feb 2014
Safe assumption that she comes back to life partly due to Beyond The Boundary being controlled now and that the dimension caused finally closed and had to also re-materialize anything that wasn't there in the first place.

Basically I'm assuming anything that wasn't naturally present in the dimension would re-materialize back into the real world. Due to the sacrifice however would make it tricky because she didn't really die if you think about the scene. You see her and the Beyond The Boundary disappear into the other dimension so it only makes sense if one returned the other would also return naturally because of it.
Apr 11, 2014 12:33 PM

Apr 2014
I believe that she still alive. And there will be second season (I suppose). Let's hope that is going to happen ,so we can finally understand the whole story and the ending as well!! But still the most touchy part is the ending of episode 9.
Apr 20, 2014 4:32 AM
Jun 2010
I like to think that the ring holds her memories, like the bell Sakura has holds Yui's memories. There's also her blood within him, which was able to allow them to commune for awhile. I think the disappearance of the ring in his palm was just her memories going back to her, so even if he did create her from his fantasy, she still holds all of her memories, so as far as I'm concerned it's the same person.
JustwonAug 14, 2014 5:36 AM
Jul 18, 2015 9:01 PM
Jul 2015
According to my thinking mirai is alive and she was inside beyond the boundary and we saw that beyond the boundary got inside Akihito again so mirai was inside Akihito and it might be possible that Akihito forced mirai to exit beyond the boundary and so mirai came back to the human world.this is what I think.
Shourianime2000Jul 18, 2015 9:05 PM
Aug 15, 2015 5:06 PM

Dec 2008
Bad ending ver.
I think the ending is crystal clear, they laid the pattern in the previous episodes and followed it in the ending. It’s the spitting image of what Mirai created within the Beyond the Boundary. What we saw is just: Akihito’s “strong emotions have created a puppet version of” Mirai.

Good ending ver.
What we see is a youmu born out of Akihito’s remorse.
Mar 3, 2016 10:16 PM
Mar 2016
vanetz said:

This is a step in the right direction and has some truth behind it; however, I think I have the answer as to how Mirai Kuriyama is actually alive

Here is some background to my explanation

1. For a character to exist in this anime, they need both a body / form and a spirit. This is pretty easy to observe when considering how youmu's spirits are preserved in stones when cut out of the host. (Beyond the Boundary Stone is a split spirit)

2. Special cases like Beyond the Boundary and the Dark Shadow are able to carry spirits with them. For example the dark shadow infected Sakura Inami and Beyond the Boundary infected both main characters

Now that everyone's caught up I can explain what happened.

Akihito Kanbara possessed Beyond the Boundary first.
When Mirai Kuriyama sacrificed herself by stabbing Akihito and sucking out Beyond the Boundary, Beyound the Boundary quote, "fused with her blood." (actually said in the anime) We can assume that since Mirai is able to communicate with Akihito, as they both have some Beyond the Boundary in them, that her spirit resides in Beyond the Boundary as well.

Mirai Kuriyama says the's a dream because she isn't a living entity, not because she died.

After this happens, Akihito breaks through the dimension and takes back Beyond the Boundary. We know this because Mirai says "Beyond the Boundary has returned to you." Both the body / form and spirit of Mirai that are possessed in Beyond the Boundary, are now a part of Akihito Kanbara.

From there, Akihito (still a living entity) is able to re-birth Mirai Kuriyama with Beyond the Boundary and willpower.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2013

538 by __FK__ »»
Apr 23, 6:55 AM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 23, 2013

338 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Mar 5, 11:30 PM

» 10th anniversary was yesterday...

dabiggestbird - Oct 4, 2023

17 by pinemoth »»
Oct 14, 2023 7:07 PM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2013

475 by Aruna0 »»
Jul 6, 2023 12:59 PM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2013

448 by ds87 »»
Jun 21, 2023 10:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.