Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Dec 19, 2013 12:52 PM

Oct 2013
Pretty good episode, liked the revelation of tobi's true identity and the end with madara was awesome. But those god damn flashbacks ruin the pace of the story and the overall experience of the anime. If there weren't so many flashbacks-fillers in Naruto it could have been the greatest shounen ever.
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Dec 19, 2013 12:52 PM

Oct 2008
Interesting episode, honestly I saw it coming that Tobi is really Obito. Really looking forward to the next episode, looks like they will be explaining how he survived.

Didn't like the change in voices for the flashback material. I feel that the previous voices used for young Kakashi and Obito had much more emotion and fit much better.
Dec 19, 2013 1:52 PM

May 2009
Kakashi's and Obito's flashback voice changes were really disturbing during the episode.
Adult Obito at least has his Onizuka voice.
Dec 19, 2013 2:20 PM

Feb 2012
Oh there it is, finally.

There's that famous "You let Rin die" line as well.

Madara's entry was awesome tho.
Dec 19, 2013 3:12 PM

Sep 2012
Screw Obito! Madara arrives!
Dec 19, 2013 6:04 PM
Nov 2013
Fiji said:
Finally!!!! This was really action packed and a great episode... although I have to say, I think they could have elaborated more on when Naruto approached Obito with the mask still since I found it to move so fast.

I thought they wouldn't change the voice but I am glad they did. It makes sense and it will make people think that this is his real voice without the mask, and won't confuse by viewers when Obito or Madara speaking.

About the voice... not so much of a fan... but I guess the bit more outspoken voice will fit him more since he is basically the "Naruto" in his squad with Kakashi and Rin. He is voiced by the seiyuu of Takagi Wataru from Detective Conan I think?

Overall, they sped up the pace, they covered like 3 chapters in this episode. Naruto breaking the mask, Obito's past, and Madara arriving. It is not a bad thing, but I still like a bit more of a slower pace.

You know waht...

This is very ironical to me, because...

Naruto Shippuden - Detective Conan (Based on seiyu)

Hatake Kakashi = Shiratori Ninzaburō
Uchiha Obito = Takagi Wataru

So its basically Takagi vs Shiratori... :D
Dec 19, 2013 6:11 PM

Jul 2007
Siddyus said:
I have always suspected that Tobi was Obito, but at the same time I dismiss the thought since I thought it was absurd, until a few eps. ago.

I was thinking that Tobi was another form of Madara or something, would have made for an interesting twist on how he was able to do that.

However, Obito's reason for becoming evil would be interesting to know as well. I can't wait for next year.

Just keep watching. What viewers are probably wondering is how the hell can some one like obito, some one that always believed his friends to the most the important in the shinobi world above all else suddenly become a insane manipulative instigator who only cares bout world domination. At least that is what i first surmised when i read this.

Obito quote:

"Those that break the rules and regulations are scum. But those who abandon their comrades are worse than scum."

This quote holds so much significance in mainly the developing of kakashi's personality and who he is and also obito ideal's. So how is it that kid who above all else cares for his comrades more then anything, suddenly turn rouge and ends up creating the akutski organization, orchestrating the many of the conflicts that sparked wars, etc. Why did he do so much damage to society and the shinobi world, when his ideal beliefs have always been to protect his friends and believed in staying true to the shinobi laws.

anyways in the upcoming chapter you get alot of incredible insight into exactly what causes obito to become the man he in the present era.

Dec 19, 2013 6:16 PM

Nov 2011
There's lots of flashback but it is necessary not everyone remember every details about the anime, you know. Some people may have missed Kakashi's Gaiden episodes so they won't have any idea who Obito is.

Madara came down like a meteor, how did he transport himself like that anyway?

Klanma said:
Easily 5/5 . I was fucking excited for Obito , IMO , he is the greatest villain in the manga/anime . Don't worry though , his reason is not Rin . You will see it later . Now regarding the episode , I agree that there were some bad animation faces , but it was phenomenal and amazing . I nearly cried when Obito was running in the start and no one noticed him , or they didn't want to notice him . It was such a lovely flashback indeed . That Katon though , it was awesome . And that Madara , I got goseboomps when he called Obito with the name "Obito" . I've never been this excited over an episode , this is on my top 5 eps of anime of all time .

That's funny man, Obito is far from being a great villain. If you read the manga then you should know unless you like him too much you can't see his flaws.

Dec 19, 2013 6:28 PM

Aug 2009
link9us said:

Just keep watching. What viewers are probably wondering is how the hell can some one like obito, some one that always believed his friends to the most the important in the shinobi world above all else suddenly become a insane manipulative instigator who only cares bout world domination. At least that is what i first surmised when i read this.

Obito quote:

"Those that break the rules and regulations are scum. But those who abandon their comrades are worse than scum."

This quote holds so much significance in mainly the developing of kakashi's personality and who he is and also obito ideal's. So how is it that kid who above all else cares for his comrades more then anything, suddenly turn rouge and ends up creating the akutski organization, orchestrating the many of the conflicts that sparked wars, etc. Why did he do so much damage to society and the shinobi world, when his ideal beliefs have always been to protect his friends and believed in staying true to the shinobi laws.

THIS. I was pretty much wondering the exact thing. How could his view upon life change so drastically? I want to find out now! Its taking everything I have not to read the manga, its so interesting. Guess I'll wait though :/

Dec 19, 2013 8:39 PM

Aug 2012
Raidol said:
Screw Obito! Madara arrives!
Dec 19, 2013 8:48 PM

Jan 2013
That music when they revealed Obito was fkn haunting, so nicely done

When Obito is like "Kakashi i think your a great jonin" and BOOM Kakashi and Obito as adults and Guys face.

This is why i like the Naruto anime better than the manga. So well done i got chills.
Dec 19, 2013 8:55 PM

Apr 2012
Ufufufufufu... it begins..

Cool flashbacks, monumental fights, some kind of pee complex, etc. Lots of stuff that I can barely wait for!
"Rejoice! We are humans— we are the most talented people! Precisely because we were born without any ability— we can achieve anything— this is the will of the weakest race!" – Sora, ‘No game No life Vol.01’
Dec 19, 2013 10:09 PM
Jun 2012
I'm a little lost. What happened to the Kage fighting Madara? I'm drawing a blank.
Dec 19, 2013 10:10 PM

Jan 2013
Ominous_bat said:
I'm a little lost. What happened to the Kage fighting Madara? I'm drawing a blank.

Madara's gonna explain it
Dec 20, 2013 12:06 AM

Sep 2013
ibrahim2712 said:
Ominous_bat said:

Madara's gonna explain it

I think its obvious he kicked their ass!!!

Grat episode we got a mini HxH Xover!!
As madara landed I had goose bumps and with that badass Background music playing it was too much... 5/5 great episode!

If I see someone putting up a post about how he is dropping shippuden I'm gonna tear him a new one. Seriously it just pisses me off. If you don't like it drop it and stop disturbing us!!!

If you take time to examine Obito you would see his reason.
HE IS ENTIRELY OBSESSED with Rin . I mean look at the flashbacks when he was staring at her. That was creepy! He is so obssessed that her death to him wasn't real to the point of making an alternate reality in which she is alive! THAT Guy is Creepy!!! And the funny thing is many villians are based on obssesion to a certain degree!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 20, 2013 12:34 AM

Jul 2007
KaiserNazrin said:
There's lots of flashback but it is necessary not everyone remember every details about the anime, you know. Some people may have missed Kakashi's Gaiden episodes so they won't have any idea who Obito is.

Madara came down like a meteor, how did he transport himself like that anyway?

Klanma said:
Easily 5/5 . I was fucking excited for Obito , IMO , he is the greatest villain in the manga/anime . Don't worry though , his reason is not Rin . You will see it later . Now regarding the episode , I agree that there were some bad animation faces , but it was phenomenal and amazing . I nearly cried when Obito was running in the start and no one noticed him , or they didn't want to notice him . It was such a lovely flashback indeed . That Katon though , it was awesome . And that Madara , I got goseboomps when he called Obito with the name "Obito" . I've never been this excited over an episode , this is on my top 5 eps of anime of all time .

That's funny man, Obito is far from being a great villain. If you read the manga then you should know unless you like him too much you can't see his flaws.

Dec 20, 2013 1:15 AM

Jan 2013
I used to hate Obito as a villain, but then when i started watching the anime from the Pain arc (i read the manga from there to the latest chapter, so it was my first time seeing the war animated), thats when i started liking Obito, and realized that my opinion was being swayed by the internet.

Don't follow others opinion and make your own opinion.
Dec 20, 2013 2:46 AM
Feb 2013
5/5

Awesome episode, I thought the flashback was a tiny bit too long though.
I like Obito's new voice and look without the mask, together with Madara it makes a great villain combo(character and voice wise).
I am very excited about Obito and Madara in the coming episodes, they obviously have some backstory together.

I can't wait for the explanation how Obito survived and what happened to make him the person he is now.
The revealing certainly increased my excitement for the story(even more) as well as Obito and I wonder what Obitio and Madara have up their sleeve.

9 January is gonna be such a long wait :(
I feel like reading a whole volume ahead now, but I like the experience of watching the anime more, so I will have to wait...
Dec 20, 2013 2:53 AM

Dec 2008
I totally love that Madara show up. But it's the only plot thing that happened in whole episode.
Dec 20, 2013 2:55 AM
Dec 2011
Obito is the best villain in the entire series and one of the best in anime in my opinion, I mean look at what he was and what path he ended up taking.

The problem is, there were heaps of theories about Tobi and only one part of the fandom can be correct, that's why there's alot of hate towards him.

Regardless of who could of been revealed behind the mask, people would of bashed for the sake of bashing.

Heres to Obito, and let's see his awesome story unfold in the anime!
Dec 20, 2013 3:41 AM

Aug 2013
Finally his identity was revealed in the anime :3!!!
Good episode to end with new year
but why voice actor changed ??-_- obito's voice is bad BAD but wow just be removing the mask his voice changed xD !!
4/5 , minus one because of long fillers and obito's voice the old one was better -_-

LCWS | SCS | TCO | NC | DNC
Dec 20, 2013 3:59 AM

Sep 2013
Haine15 said:
Finally his identity was revealed in the anime :3!!!
Good episode to end with new year
but why voice actor changed ??-_- obito's voice is bad BAD but wow just be removing the mask his voice changed xD !!
4/5 , minus one because of long fillers and obito's voice the old one was better -_-

If you noticed Obito was imitating Madara from the start so he had to copy his voice now that the secret is out he dosen't need to. So he uses his original voice
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 20, 2013 6:45 AM

Oct 2008
Yay, I was right! I knew it was him all along without reading the manga.
Surprisingly, I liked the flashback when it was without any dialogue, they should've kept it like that..
Dec 20, 2013 10:44 AM

Oct 2009
Awesome ep! Too bad the flashbacks fucked it up again. Other than that, loved it! DAT ending though!

Too bad spoilers all over the place ruined all of this for me D: But it was rather VERY OBVIOUS Tobi was Obito.
Hmm I am gonna miss the mysterious Tobi with his badass voice :/
Dec 20, 2013 1:32 PM

Jul 2007
xMGMx said:
I totally love that Madara show up. But it's the only plot thing that happened in whole episode.

So who cares, the reveal of obito is a HUGE twist in the story and this episode mainly focused on just that. The studio could of opted not to even include the arrival of madara, but they did making for a pretty cool cliffhanger, making you wonder, from the beginning obito and madara were working together in some elaborated scheme, that no one else knew? How is that possible since kabuto was the one to use edo tensei on him. How can a dead guy have a plan? Also wtf happened to the kage's. The tension starts to rise.
ArtimesGamerDec 20, 2013 1:38 PM

Dec 20, 2013 1:45 PM

Jan 2013
link9us said:
xMGMx said:

So who cares, the reveal of obito is a HUGE twist in the story and this episode mainly focused on just that. The studio could of opted not to even include the arrival of madara, but they did making for a pretty cool cliffhanger, making you wonder, from the beginning obito and madara were working together in some elaborated scheme, that no one else knew? How is that possible since kabuto was the one to use edo tensei on him. How can a dead guy have a plan? Also wtf happened to the kage's. The tension starts to rise.

This is how I figured out his identity. About a billion chapters ago in the manga. tobitobi there is actually a funny story behind it.
Dec 20, 2013 2:12 PM

Nov 2012
yaminogame91 said:
This is how I figured out his identity. About a billion chapters ago in the manga. tobitobi there is actually a funny story behind it.
F*ck i feel so stupid. This disposes the fact that i always thought that Naruto had Danzo as main villain behind Tobi's mask right int the thrash can. Ok i admit it they had this planned for a long time. Well done Naruto well done.
Dec 20, 2013 2:59 PM

Jul 2007
yaminogame91 said:
link9us said:
xMGMx said:

Alot of people probably figured it out that way, but I remember some one used that in the forums and it was painfully obvious he was just laying it out their intentionally. Damn people trying to ruin everything, i sure hope the next big revelation does not get ruined by the fans or the studio
ArtimesGamerDec 20, 2013 3:02 PM

Dec 20, 2013 3:21 PM
Dec 2012
Would have been nice to know when and how the Tobi name was born in the first place, what was the purpose etc. It being just spinned from Obito doesn't make much sense because when Tobi was playfull, Obito had the Zetsu persona on. After he started calling himself Madara he started to act like the real Madara, the reason for him wearing the mask is obviously because he doesn't want to see his own face...
Dec 20, 2013 4:19 PM

Jan 2013
Awesome episode I feel like I will re-watch this one :).

And wow the teaser for the next episode looks like Madara had some connection to Obito/Tobi after all.

Edit: Forgot to say~ Lol at the Sims 3 soundtrack xD. (Or at least it's similar)
ao_no_exoDec 20, 2013 4:39 PM
Dec 21, 2013 4:51 AM

Sep 2008
Obito...aaaah. Even with the explanation and stuff, I still HATE what they did with him.

Hate. Hate. Hate.

In my books, he should've remained dead, real villain should've been someone else. Uchiha clan has enough famous characters as is, there was no reason to turn one of the most loyal guys into main villain of the show.

No matter the explanation, I still consider it the biggest bs this show has ever pulled.

If I had to choose 1 person to be Tobi, it would've been Shisui. He had "brief" appearance, he "lost" both of his eyes and he was famous for his visual proves.

He would've made way more believable villain. However, seems naruto is bent on turning incredibly good and loyal characters into villains after tragedies occur (Pain anyone?).

Nonetheless, the show is gonna get interesting next few weeks, assuming they don't drop any fillers in between big stuff.
Dec 21, 2013 1:47 PM

Jul 2013
nina4life said:
Obito...aaaah. Even with the explanation and stuff, I still HATE what they did with him.

Hate. Hate. Hate.

In my books, he should've remained dead, real villain should've been someone else. Uchiha clan has enough famous characters as is, there was no reason to turn one of the most loyal guys into main villain of the show.

No matter the explanation, I still consider it the biggest bs this show has ever pulled.

If I had to choose 1 person to be Tobi, it would've been Shisui. He had "brief" appearance, he "lost" both of his eyes and he was famous for his visual proves.

He would've made way more believable villain. However, seems naruto is bent on turning incredibly good and loyal characters into villains after tragedies occur (Pain anyone?).

Nonetheless, the show is gonna get interesting next few weeks, assuming they don't drop any fillers in between big stuff.
If "there was no reason to turn one of the most loyal guys into main villain of the show", then why would they turn someone honorable like Shisui into the main villain?

As much as I hated it originally, and as much as I hate him as a character, I still don't think anyone would suit being the man under the mask other than Obito. Most of the theories were just about characters we knew nothing about, what could be more boring and anticlimactic than some random who we only know by name being under the mask?

Obito was the best choice, the way Kishi handled him was wrong.
Dec 21, 2013 2:38 PM

Apr 2013
Sooo many flashbacks.
Dec 23, 2013 7:25 AM
Dec 2013
LOL i knew it was obito the first time tobi was introduced xD
and that madara , putting his butt in everyone's business.
at his time he could've found many uchihas to make them his disciples
Why did he pick up that half crushed, half blind , heartbroken obito :(
Blegh, I hate MADARA
Why did he have to rescue Obito in the first place
He should have died peacefully -_-'

On the other hand Why was'nt Itachi able to figure out who tobi really was ?
and what was with that act he used to put up initially when he used to be with Deidara ?
Why was he running away from himself,
first that childish avatar,
then his imitation of madara,
and then he called himself a nobody because the real madara was edo tenseid,
Damn that obito is a messed up guy.
i'm guessing he is'nt happy with the way he is now.

Damn millions of questions boiling up.
and a 2 week break :'C
Dec 23, 2013 9:48 AM

Feb 2012
Finally... I knew it was Obito since I saw him for the first time as "Tobi" with the orange mask...

Episode was pretty nice anyways. :)
Dec 23, 2013 1:10 PM

Sep 2008
link9us said:
So i been meaning to ask this for a LONG TIME!! lol.

Who here did NOT know tobi was obito or did not see it coming and HOLY HELL. i can FINALLY call him by his real name. OBITO!!!

Instead of masked man, tobi, madara, "man with no name" and those other hidden alias that he used.

So this episode was mainly only focused on obito's identity. Covering 2 chapters, not to bad. The ending was just like the manga pretty good way to end the episode. The studio added a bit of extra recap but nothing horrible, i mean when is the last time we have actually see obito, rin and kakashi's back story? OH yeah thats right. Like episode 158 or something.

Although the cliffhanger I was referring to last week did not happen, but its ok it has good pacing. With madara showing up on the scene, that was the end of the chapter just like the manga, it was pretty great. Kind of makes you wonder, how did madara know who obito was the whole time? What is their connection exactly?

The next few episodes is something i been waiting for a while to see animated. The back story behind Obito, rin and the battle at kanabe bridge, what really happened during that time. Should be some interesting insight into some more history, it certainly is a very important moment in the story line.

and man, naruto just looks like a boss now with this full bijju mode. He reminds me of minato, he's just intense!

Took the words sorta out of my mouth.
Dec 23, 2013 8:01 PM

Dec 2009
gdc_anime1989 said:
link9us said:
So i been meaning to ask this for a LONG TIME!! lol.

Who here did NOT know tobi was obito or did not see it coming and HOLY HELL. i can FINALLY call him by his real name. OBITO!!!

Instead of masked man, tobi, madara, "man with no name" and those other hidden alias that he used.

So this episode was mainly only focused on obito's identity. Covering 2 chapters, not to bad. The ending was just like the manga pretty good way to end the episode. The studio added a bit of extra recap but nothing horrible, i mean when is the last time we have actually see obito, rin and kakashi's back story? OH yeah thats right. Like episode 158 or something.

Although the cliffhanger I was referring to last week did not happen, but its ok it has good pacing. With madara showing up on the scene, that was the end of the chapter just like the manga, it was pretty great. Kind of makes you wonder, how did madara know who obito was the whole time? What is their connection exactly?

The next few episodes is something i been waiting for a while to see animated. The back story behind Obito, rin and the battle at kanabe bridge, what really happened during that time. Should be some interesting insight into some more history, it certainly is a very important moment in the story line.

and man, naruto just looks like a boss now with this full bijju mode. He reminds me of minato, he's just intense!

Took the words sorta out of my mouth.

It covered 3 chapters actually, and was an amazing reveal.
Dec 23, 2013 10:38 PM

Jul 2007
Ozland said:
Finally... I knew it was Obito since I saw him for the first time as "Tobi" with the orange mask...

But do you know what symbolizes the orange mask?

Dec 24, 2013 1:12 AM

Jul 2013
link9us said:
Ozland said:

But do you know what symbolizes the orange mask?
Something that I hope the manga goes more in-depth with.

Dec 24, 2013 6:38 AM

Nov 2011
I do wonder what someone would think who hasn't read the manga and didn't see the spoiler thought of this chapter.

Okay episode not great but not bad.
Dec 25, 2013 6:43 PM

Oct 2011
Awesome!!!!
Dec 26, 2013 3:18 AM
Dec 2013
I loved this episode, I think Naruto is reaching its climax and I'm glad to know that next month there will be fillers. :D
Dec 26, 2013 3:21 AM

Sep 2013
Finally the real fight begins.

I can already see the ending of Naruto it's kinda making me sad. I've been watching Naruto since elementary and now i'm graduating from college.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Dec 26, 2013 3:42 AM
Feb 2013
Anyone else thinks the new opening song is a total disgrace? Probably the most epic and tense arc of the series and they have that cheesy music playing along. God I hate it.
Dec 26, 2013 4:00 AM

Sep 2013
Myrealm7 said:
Anyone else thinks the new opening song is a total disgrace? Probably the most epic and tense arc of the series and they have that cheesy music playing along. God I hate it.

I agree with you the OP is just so out of place and seriously annoying!.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Dec 27, 2013 12:35 AM

Jul 2008
Wow they actually went with the whole reveal here instead of milking it. Then they top it off with Madara, oh now the shit hits the fan.

Now we can talk about him without spoilers.
Dec 27, 2013 8:02 PM

Jul 2007
AsianKungFu said:
Finally the real fight begins.

I can already see the ending of Naruto it's kinda making me sad. I've been watching Naruto since elementary and now i'm graduating from college.

Essentially i think this 4th war is going to be the end of naruto, but it still has much development to go through in the anime and lots of information that has not been shown yet in the anime.

Imo i think kishi will have some sort of time skip though, flashing forward to another last final mini arc or something, hopefully.

kazerike said:
I loved this episode, I think Naruto is reaching its climax and I'm glad to know that next month there will be fillers. :D

What are you taking bout?

Myrealm7 said:

New opening? This opening has been going on for quite a while, 13 episodes i think. Everyone was saying this opening was horrible but i am really starting to enjoy it alot. It was much greater then nico touches the walls imo.
ArtimesGamerDec 27, 2013 8:07 PM

Dec 28, 2013 3:51 PM

Mar 2010
That ending was remarkable.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 29, 2013 12:33 AM

Jul 2007
People that are watching/reading naruto, bleach, one piece, hunter X hunter, fairy tail.

2014 is going to be intense as shit for shonen's. Probably the best year for all these on gong series and manga.

Dec 29, 2013 1:41 AM

Nov 2012
This episode could have been more epic if there weren't so many flashbacks. But Obito's voice is very good imo.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» who's the best waifu? (ending the debate once and for all)

FruitPunchBaka - May 6

40 by JesRemuruTempest »»
Today, 8:06 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 53 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Apr 3, 2008

53 by natsuyah »»
Yesterday, 11:40 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 249 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

bloodybeast - Feb 9, 2012

125 by hhiwtd »»
Yesterday, 11:38 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 52 Discussion

Lambo - Mar 22, 2008

9 by natsuyah »»
Yesterday, 10:06 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 363 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ArtimesGamer - May 22, 2014

144 by Lukas_AAW »»
May 9, 12:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.