Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Dec 29, 2013 8:07 AM

Dec 2013
Cool episode! Obito's voice sounds...interesting :D
Dec 30, 2013 4:39 AM

Jan 2013
KaiserNazrin said:

Klanma said:
Easily 5/5 . I was fucking excited for Obito , IMO , he is the greatest villain in the manga/anime . Don't worry though , his reason is not Rin . You will see it later . Now regarding the episode , I agree that there were some bad animation faces , but it was phenomenal and amazing . I nearly cried when Obito was running in the start and no one noticed him , or they didn't want to notice him . It was such a lovely flashback indeed . That Katon though , it was awesome . And that Madara , I got goseboomps when he called Obito with the name "Obito" . I've never been this excited over an episode , this is on my top 5 eps of anime of all time .

That's funny man, Obito is far from being a great villain. If you read the manga then you should know unless you like him too much you can't see his flaws.

No that's not funny , that's my opinion . Are you too stupid to realize that ?
Dec 30, 2013 12:47 PM

Jul 2007
-Klad- said:
KaiserNazrin said:

Klanma said:
Easily 5/5 . I was fucking excited for Obito , IMO , he is the greatest villain in the manga/anime . Don't worry though , his reason is not Rin . You will see it later . Now regarding the episode , I agree that there were some bad animation faces , but it was phenomenal and amazing . I nearly cried when Obito was running in the start and no one noticed him , or they didn't want to notice him . It was such a lovely flashback indeed . That Katon though , it was awesome . And that Madara , I got goseboomps when he called Obito with the name "Obito" . I've never been this excited over an episode , this is on my top 5 eps of anime of all time .

That's funny man, Obito is far from being a great villain. If you read the manga then you should know unless you like him too much you can't see his flaws.

Yep, tell him how it is. I knew these manga readers would start coming in here and bastardizing obito like they did in the manga discussions. Can ya'll just keep your trap shut, let us enjoy the anime. Will judge rather or not it has flaws or not when that time comes.

Dec 30, 2013 1:51 PM

Jan 2013
link9us said:
-Klad- said:
KaiserNazrin said:

Klanma said:

Yep, tell him how it is. I knew these manga readers would start coming in here and bastardizing obito like they did in the manga discussions. Can ya'll just keep your trap shut, let us enjoy the anime. Will judge rather or not it has flaws or not when that time comes.

I actually like the fact how a manga character that's called Obito Uchiha made these people butthurt . About the flaws ... no one is perfect , every living being has flaws ... I like Obito's connections with Kakashi and Minato and I think Obito is the best antagonist (I'm not using the "villain" word because he is not ) in Naruto Anime/Manga . I could write a wall of text why I like Obito , but I won't because it's not worth wasting your time to these people . I appreciate what you said by the way . :)
Jan 1, 2014 2:19 AM

Jan 2013
Nice reveal.
Jan 3, 2014 2:59 PM

Mar 2013
I don't see the manga, but I hope that obito stays evil, cuz it would be fking stupid for they to "forgive him" after long talks and whatever. He has killed so many people, so I hope till the last second, naruto and company keep in mind to kill him.
Jan 4, 2014 6:10 PM

Dec 2012
Brilliant. I love Obito's new voice actor. I dunno why they changed their voices in that flashback. But flashback without words was just great. I love the ED. Naruto always has the best songs.

Madara is such a badass. I watched the preview and looks like I was right about how Obito survived. Madara looked so old

I love Obito, I'm more than interested to hear his history with Ren and how she died.

http://i42.tinypic.com/33agvfo.gif

I just marthoned the last 10 episodes or so in one setting, Naruto is just too good. But I hate myself right now because I'm back to weekly episodes and filler is just around the corner :/

Had tons of fun re-watching the whole series, I hope it never ends =)
tsudecimoJan 4, 2014 6:14 PM
Jan 4, 2014 7:27 PM

Jul 2007
-Klad- said:
link9us said:
-Klad- said:
KaiserNazrin said:

Klanma said:

I actually like the fact how a manga character that's called Obito Uchiha made these people butthurt . About the flaws ... no one is perfect , every living being has flaws ... I like Obito's connections with Kakashi and Minato and I think Obito is the best antagonist (I'm not using the "villain" word because he is not ) in Naruto Anime/Manga . I could write a wall of text why I like Obito , but I won't because it's not worth wasting your time to these people . I appreciate what you said by the way . :)

This is precisely the reason i like naruto's antagonist characters more so then other characters in other shonen series, is because of their humanistic nature, every character in the show has some sort of flaw of back story to them that gives them their own personal individuality, rather people hate that or not, thats their opinion. But they are not cookie cutter villains like alot of other shows with generic like traits that just want to take over the world, no reasoning behind what they are what they have become. Every character, good or bad, is treated like a human with emotion. Not some crazy end game JRPG villain, with motives to take over the world with really cheesy dialogue and intellect.

Kishimoto even mentions this an in interview that he develops his characters, especially the akatsuki organization in this fashion. Now my only complaint would be that so many characters, not all of them got the attention they deserved namely like rock lee which i thought originally was going to be a primary character given his first stages of development and rivalry with naruto. But regardless of that, their is a huge moral grey area when looking at characters in the show, none of them are white = good, black = evil if you catch my philosophical reference lol.

Their is alot of shonen series that really fail at this. Naruto isn't one of them. This is purely my opinion and should not affect what others think.
ArtimesGamerJan 4, 2014 7:30 PM

Jan 4, 2014 7:39 PM

Dec 2012
link9us said:
Now my only complaint would be that so many characters, not all of them got the attention they deserved namely like rock lee which i thought originally was going to be a primary character given his first stages of development and rivalry with naruto.

Same here. Him and Neji were neglected after the time skip. I didn't like that decision to be honest, especially since both of them were not minor characters, they both had a lot of development, depth and focus before the time skip but they are mostly irrelevant and minor after the time skip. Hell, even Chouji (who is one of the very few characters that I dislike) has more focus and development than them but maybe that has something to do with Shikamaru being a a major supporting character.

Guy style of fighting in his fight with Obito, really made me miss Rock Lee. I wish he would have had one good fight since the time skip :/
tsudecimoJan 4, 2014 7:48 PM
Jan 5, 2014 9:11 PM

Jul 2009
1. Well, as you can see, when NS does not indulge in a stupid prolonged filler (frankly there are still some good filler episodes) it can be really good.

2. Kishi did not want Obito reveal to be grandiose. It can be read from the specific lines where he repeatedly says that his name bears no meaning. Also if you consider the amount of spoilers this would not happen either way.

3. I'll have you "manga readers" politely go the hell out of NS discussions, please. This wasn't the case in the past, but now with each subsequent episode discussions you all just drag and drag about how you know things we don't, and how elite you are because of that. This is getting on everybody's nerves. You have the manga subforum to speak about all those things with equally enlightened audience.
Jan 5, 2014 9:40 PM

Oct 2013
January Schedule

January 02 - No episode
January 09 - 344 - "Obito and Madara"
January 16 - 345 - "I'm in Hell"
January 23 - 346-347 - "Naruto Shippuden Special" (Unknown title)
January 30 - Unknown
Jan 6, 2014 1:55 PM

Apr 2013
Just caught up to this episode and I was planning to take a break to let episodes accumulate and then marathon them, but after watching that ending I'm sure I can't...
About this episode,the flashback about Obito was really interesting , while the change of voices from the Kakashi Gaiden episodes weren't that good in my opinion. The new Obito's voice is badass, though. Anyway, I can't wait to see how Naruto and company will deal with both Madara and Obito, plus the next episode's flashback will surely be great.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Jan 6, 2014 11:11 PM

Jul 2013
Mahone7 said:
January Schedule

January 02 - No episode
January 09 - 344 - "Obito and Madara"
January 16 - 345 - "I'm in Hell"
January 23 - 346-347 - "Naruto Shippuden Special" (Unknown title)
January 30 - Unknown

January 23 - Canon double episode? Kakashi special episodes?

Hoping the Kakashi special doesn't take up Shippuden's timeslot for the week so we can get more Naruto dosages.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 8, 2014 6:53 PM

Jul 2007
geralt said:
Just caught up to this episode and I was planning to take a break to let episodes accumulate and then marathon them, but after watching that ending I'm sure I can't...
About this episode,the flashback about Obito was really interesting , while the change of voices from the Kakashi Gaiden episodes weren't that good in my opinion. The new Obito's voice is badass, though. Anyway, I can't wait to see how Naruto and company will deal with both Madara and Obito, plus the next episode's flashback will surely be great.

Its not really flash back, its more like back story It's going to be similar to like the Kushina and minato back story with the attack of the kyubii and the truth behind naruto's parents death and how Tobi (now obito) or madara was seemly involved during that time frame and why. Its covering chapters 600-608 so around 7 chapters, given that time frame and the episodes, i would say the special is going to be right in line with that or concluding the kakashi and obito mini arc.

This next back story will wrap up all those mysteries and reveal new ones. Its going to be quite fcking awesome these next 4 episodes. So for those who are waiting for present day action probably will have to wait a bit for that.
ArtimesGamerJan 8, 2014 7:00 PM

Jan 9, 2014 11:21 PM
Dec 2011
oh my god.. i didn't see this coming!!! even when i suspected a little i always said "no no its not obito he is a cute kid" but this was like huge bus hitting my head AND I WAS LIKE "HOLY S**t...!!!!" WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!!! .... i was so shocked i watched this episode 3 times ..... i am still in disbelieve................ but,,why..how,,,,why,... these are the only words in my head now! fantastic fight naruto i love when kakashi and naruto work together :3 .. epic episode ! :3
Jan 9, 2014 11:26 PM

Dec 2013
Young Obito's seiyuu is awesome kinda sound like Naruto to me.
Stay in yesterday ๆ™‚ใ‚’ๆญขใ‚ใฆ
Jan 12, 2014 5:44 AM

Jun 2011
He reminds me of Naruto so SO much. Especially with those goggles.
Jan 13, 2014 7:20 AM

Jun 2008
I ain't too keen on his new voice. I mean he still is a young man but he voice sounds old. Surelly he couldn't have his child voice but i think he needed a slightly younger sounding voice. It seems too heavy for him.

Topazzz said:
Felt like i was watching HxH without video, didnt like his new voice. And did they change the voices of young KAkashi&Obito as well?

Young Kakasshi's i think it was a good thing since at first they let his normal voice which is kind of stupid since a teenage kid sounded like an adult and sounded just wrong.
Jan 13, 2014 7:37 AM

Jun 2008
Kazi9 said:
Haine15 said:
Finally his identity was revealed in the anime :3!!!
Good episode to end with new year
but why voice actor changed ??-_- obito's voice is bad BAD but wow just be removing the mask his voice changed xD !!
4/5 , minus one because of long fillers and obito's voice the old one was better -_-

If you noticed Obito was imitating Madara from the start so he had to copy his voice now that the secret is out he dosen't need to. So he uses his original voice

Wasn't that pointless? I mean Madara disappeared so long ago that almost no one knew how he sounded.
Mar 11, 2014 1:06 PM
Mar 2013
Wow, 5+ minutes of recap followed by even more flashbacks. Boring episode but hopefully it picks up in the next few episodes.
Mar 23, 2014 3:33 AM

May 2013
didnt really like grown obitos new voice but i understand they had to change it and ill get used to it
Mar 23, 2014 4:39 AM

Jul 2013
Monad said:
Kazi9 said:
Haine15 said:
Finally his identity was revealed in the anime :3!!!
Good episode to end with new year
but why voice actor changed ??-_- obito's voice is bad BAD but wow just be removing the mask his voice changed xD !!
4/5 , minus one because of long fillers and obito's voice the old one was better -_-

If you noticed Obito was imitating Madara from the start so he had to copy his voice now that the secret is out he dosen't need to. So he uses his original voice

Wasn't that pointless? I mean Madara disappeared so long ago that almost no one knew how he sounded.
Madara didn't disappear that long before the series, there would be a few people who can remember him (Onoki, for example).
MinagatachiMar 23, 2014 4:43 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 13, 2014 7:53 AM

Jun 2011
Didn't like Obito's voice for now, might get used to it later, Gon 2011 as young Obito, heh. Dat Madara! Here comes the duo!
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 11, 2014 4:18 AM

Sep 2013
May 25, 2014 6:47 PM

Mar 2014
lol i can finally call him Obito xD

but yh that was such an EPIC episode.
May 31, 2014 9:37 AM

Apr 2010
Mada & Obito together... Naruto's gonna have a hard fight. :P
Oct 1, 2014 1:12 PM

Mar 2014
They sort of shocked me when they changed from flashbacks right to Obito's face.

It was quite obvious who he was, though. I'm looking forward to the story.
Dec 5, 2014 5:00 AM

Jul 2013
Don't start crying like a little bitch now kakashi
Dec 16, 2014 4:48 AM
May 2012
It is finally revealed!! Tobi is Obito Uchiha. Though, I have long since deduced this, it was 5 or 6 years ago, I think, when I discovered Tobi's character. I mean, the name gives it away (Tobi = Obito), the mask, and it's just obvious to me. I remember saying it to my classmates back then, but they don't even know who Obito is.
They changed young Kakashi and Obito's voice. Obito's voice is different now, too.
It's sad to see that Obito became like this because of Rin's death, when it is clear in this episode that Rin likes Kakashi. Poor Obito.
Mar 2, 2015 11:45 PM

Jan 2008
I never get tired watching the Kakashi Gaiden flashbacks.
Apr 6, 2015 5:43 PM
Jul 2018
Sugoi.
That was predictable, but it was awesome anyway.
Naruto with his not-yet-complete Bijuu Mode is epic. 'Nuff said
It's hard to see any motive Obito could have to plot such a scheme... Anyway, I guess that is something that we will find out next episode XD
Oh, and Madara? What about the 5 kages? I hope they are all ok....
Aug 4, 2015 1:41 PM

Nov 2012
Obito's actual voice sounds nothing like what I imagined.

"Because you let Rin die."

inb4 flashbacks.
Jul 1, 2016 6:47 AM

Mar 2013
madara and obito now
Sep 17, 2016 10:48 AM

Sep 2014
Finally obito appeared and abit flashback as well oh also madara is here at the end
Jan 18, 2017 12:38 PM
Jan 2012
Fantastic episode. Know more about past of kakashi and origin about obito.
We discovered how he got that scar.
Mar 29, 2017 9:20 PM

Dec 2012
Boom! Facial.
A flashback.
ANKO!!!!
This flashback seems to be focusing on Obito. Why?
Oh shit! Obito going to confess to Rin.
Oh, they cockblocked him.
Dat Rin booty.
WTF! OMG! Tobi is Obito! O-bito/tobi without the 2nd O.
Holy shit! Madara has arrived! And he knows Obito? WTF!
My goodness. This whole war was started by Leaf Ninja's. I wouldn't be surprised if the other nation's ex-communicate the Leaf for this if they all survive.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Apr 9, 2017 4:04 PM

May 2013
TOBITOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Finally revealed even though I was already spoiled ages ago lulz

Not sure if I like his real voice or not doe
Dec 28, 2017 11:38 AM
๐ŸฅŠ CHAMPION ๐ŸฅŠ

Apr 2016
Obito, it was a great surprise!!!
Also he knows Madara too!!! :/
Sep 4, 2019 7:39 AM

Mar 2015
Holy smokes the big big reveal!!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Dec 12, 2019 12:34 PM

May 2018
lol they changed Kakashi's and Obito's childhood voices to different VAs
Jun 3, 2020 11:42 AM

Nov 2019
Kakashi :( this is sad. He lost his father, Minato-Sensei, Obito and Rin. He faced with grief over his loss again and again. Now, he discovered that his enemy is his dead friend. This is hard.
Guy-Sensei is a true friend, I liked how he was encouraging Kakashi-Sensei.
I did not like changing voices in flashback.
Oct 31, 2020 9:21 AM

Jan 2020
How are they every going to win with both Obito and Madara fighting lmao
Dec 5, 2020 12:41 PM

Mar 2019
OBITOOOOO!! Finally I can call him Obito and not Tobi. It was obvious with his mask only having 1 "eye". But man I really dont like his voice. Give him back the mask please. BUT WHY IS MADARA THEREEE!!!!
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Mar 23, 2021 8:42 AM

Dec 2007
so in the end it was obito, i kinda guessed that for lot of time ago but denied in hope for someone else, oh well.
the thing the interest me now is - 'till now he used madaara voice, no matte how he did it, he undoubtedly connected to madaara, the end of the ep couldn't have been more clear on that.

though most of the episode were recap, it was great, they build awesome episode.
May 2, 2021 11:47 AM

Jun 2019
Another Uchiha antagonist. Why are all the antagonists Uchiha? With the exception of Orochimaru of course. Madara, Obito, Itachi (for a while), Sasuke. The only known Uchiha who isn't an antagonist is Shisui ๐Ÿ˜… Such a tragic clan they are :(
"To keep enduring, no matter what, until things come to pass...perhaps that's what it means to be a ninja." - Uchiha Sasuke
Sep 1, 2021 1:05 PM

Dec 2019
There was so much flashbacks this episode...
Nov 23, 2021 9:08 PM

Feb 2021

Damn. It actually was Obito all this time. Welp, now we know who's Tobi. Also, did he just say that Kakashi let Rin die? More backstory?

Madara joins up with Obito.
Also, it was pretty nice to see all the sensei's/ group leaders as academy students.

Apr 13, 2022 8:41 PM

Oct 2019
Boy!! Obito my man gonna destroy whole world for his lost love.
How Tf! Madara knows Obito well that explains his new desire.

“If you want to know who you are, you have to look at your real self and acknowledge what you see.”
- Itachi Uchiha

“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.” — Albert Einstein

Mar 15, 2023 3:32 AM
Aug 2022
mini genma is adorable with the straw in his mouth. awww.

i feel so bad for obito, kakashi you are a jerk.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» who's the best waifu? (ending the debate once and for all)

FruitPunchBaka - May 6

40 by JesRemuruTempest »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 53 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Apr 3, 2008

53 by natsuyah »»
Yesterday, 11:40 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 249 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

bloodybeast - Feb 9, 2012

125 by hhiwtd »»
Yesterday, 11:38 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 52 Discussion

Lambo - Mar 22, 2008

9 by natsuyah »»
Yesterday, 10:06 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 363 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ArtimesGamer - May 22, 2014

144 by Lukas_AAW »»
May 9, 12:25 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.