Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 18, 2013 6:11 PM

Feb 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
This chapter didn't quite have the impact I was expecting it to.
Mar 27, 2015 1:47 AM

Jan 2015
I think this chapter was very well done. It was deep and emotional.
Jan 24, 2016 11:20 AM

Nov 2009
"Your father is a good man, you know". I don't see how someone coward enough to abandon his family without even saying goodbye, leaving two children and all the work responsibilities to his wife, could be considered a good man. Seriously, there's no way. That is a very, very self-centered man, and it astounds me that this happening is actually so common.
Very emotional chapter, I was "hoping" that the father had suffered an accident of some sort that could explain his disappearance, but just leaving, even with his son pleading him not to... that was very sad.

(THIS WAY FOREVER)
Feb 8, 2018 10:51 AM

Dec 2015
Even if the outcome as well as the reason invoked were already pretty obvious thanks to the family story and the way the manga was behaving until now, the chapter was very well conducted.

5/5 Impressed by the wife's comprehension.
Feb 25, 2019 12:10 AM
Jul 2018
His dad is the ultimate piece of shit. Makes Shou Tucker look like a saint.
May 13, 2021 6:17 AM

Nov 2013
I really do understand the father's situation. He was basically forced into the family of his dead friend. Too kind to refuse the plea of help (combined with the guilt of surviving the war instead of his friend), but F@ck this, he has 2 children. How can a loving parent ever abandon their own children?! I don't understand how personal freedom can overweight the love to your own flesh and blood!

The verdict is simple. The father was never happy, never wanted children and never loved his wife and children; the same way he never wanted to be a tailor. He always believed he was an imposter in this house and likely made children because the wife wanted so. He likely doesn't consider them to be "his own children" too.

Despite knowing this, I can't feel anything but hate and disgust towards this person. To the children, he was always the real father. They never considered him to be a fake. No child deserves this. What else would he be trying to do in life? Live quietly like a hermit somewhere till death? Selfish... so selfish... and it is way more disgusting how he just left without saying anything to anyone (in the past). Poor little sister will still suffer now that she's the only one who doesn't know anything.
Jan 23, 2023 12:09 AM
May 2017
I'm genuinely kind of surprised. I thought Hiroshi and everyone else would have been mistaken on what actually happened. I thought the Dad would have been involved in some kind of accident or maybe robbed and killed in some way where his body was never recovered. I could have sworn this is what happened, especially that night after Tamiko died. His Dad didn't even seem alarmed his son figured his plan out. He just denied it as a silly question, so I really thought something happened. That panel " I, Hiroshi Nakahara, failed to stop my father" made my heart heavy. It's sad when a main character experiences failure like this. 

And I kind of see myself in Yoshio. I let myself go with the flow too much as well, and can be influenced by others wishes for me. But I can't ignore his selfishness either. Had he refused Kazue all those years ago, none of this would have happened. I don't know what to call it, was he weak with women? Weak willed? I don't know, he may have tricked himself into thinking this was what he wanted until his revelation with Tamiko. I really thought seeing his son would have made him turn around honestly, but that didn't happen unfortunately. Hiroshi started thinking it was hypocritical of himself to stop his father from leaving his life behind when he was basically doing the same thing. He travelled in time to the past and had a better youth than the one he did before, while his family is worrying about him in the past. Faced with this contradiction, Hiroshi couldn't stop him :(

Ah what a story. It has time travel, but it's painstakingly realistic. Some people may not agree, but I don't think that conversation could have went any better. The main character finally has his answer why his father left and never returned. But sadly he wasn't able to get through to him and make him stay. 

More topics from this board

Poll: » Harukana Machi-E Chapter 5 Discussion

Phaetons_Folly - Dec 17, 2013

3 by MrFanatic »»
Mar 11, 2023 8:11 PM

Poll: » Harukana Machi-E Chapter 16 Discussion

RX-782 - Mar 15, 2013

38 by Quanda1eDing1e »»
Jan 22, 2023 11:38 PM

Poll: » Harukana Machi-E Chapter 14 Discussion

Phaetons_Folly - Dec 18, 2013

2 by Sigmar-Unberogen »»
May 13, 2021 5:56 AM

Poll: » Harukana Machi-E Chapter 11 Discussion

Phaetons_Folly - Dec 18, 2013

2 by Sigmar-Unberogen »»
May 13, 2021 5:22 AM

Poll: » Harukana Machi-E Chapter 8 Discussion

Phaetons_Folly - Dec 17, 2013

5 by Sigmar-Unberogen »»
May 13, 2021 4:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.