Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Dec 18, 2013 3:36 PM

Feb 2013
Is Akihito a god now? The lack of any explanation is unpleasant.
Dec 18, 2013 3:40 PM

Apr 2009
>Still expecting a good plot from a KyoAni show that isn't Free

5/10, because it was just too irrelevant, boring and mundane to be anything else. It's so lame it hurts. Also, fuck this last episode: Plot, characters, world-building, coherency ans every other aspect I can think of that isn't visuals was a big letdown.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Dec 18, 2013 3:47 PM

Apr 2012
Pretty bad last episode for me. Silly plot with the storyline all over the place. I think it tried to be too many things comedy, drama fantasy etc.. and it ended up as a bit of a mess on the floor. May have been better if it had been filled out to 24 episodes. I did like the characters and it had some fantastic art but KyoAni must do better next time.

Overall 6/10.
Dec 18, 2013 3:59 PM

Aug 2012
I guess Akihito was just realized that he could keep the ring from that dimension, why not Mirai too?

KnK absorbed Mirai, then KnK is back to Akihito. Akihito could keep Mirai's ring from "KnK dimension" and brought it to real dimension. And Akihito suddenly know how he could summon Mirai out from his KnK's side.

Just guessing.
I like the ending when Mirai is dead, though. More realistic.
Waiting for next week anime gives me another reason to live.
Dec 18, 2013 4:01 PM

Jul 2013
Mirai is adorable as fuck...with and without glasses.

Why KyoAni? Make me cry a bit and then bring her back with no explanation whatsoever?

I REALLY hope they explain, because that was just disappointing.

The epilogue with Akihito coping without her was nice and kinda sad. But noooo, she just had to come back somehow.

It would have been nice if Akkey woke up and realized he only dreamt Mirai back, and not this half-assed ending. But I did think the show entertaining. 7/10.
"Komugi, are you there?"

Dec 18, 2013 4:03 PM

Jul 2013
forced happy ending! but all in all it was good and fun to watch..you feel the feels when they want you to feel it and a good action scenes too!! I knew it! there's no way in the anime world can a bespectacled beauty can just die and disappear like that!! that would be unpleasant!.

7/10
Dec 18, 2013 4:19 PM
Jul 2013
* RIP Kuriyama Mi ... Wait, she is alive and without glasses, looks much better.

Excellent series, the final episode was excellent.

* RIP Kyoukai no Kanata (TV) *
Dec 18, 2013 4:23 PM

Dec 2008
I'm glad Mirai is alive and well, but I need some explanations about Izumi and Akihito. Hopefully, a 2nd season will give me those. 8/10

Sent with Mal Updater
Dec 18, 2013 4:26 PM

Apr 2013
Although it had poor characterization, unnecessary dialogues, misplaced jokes and an okay plot, it was an enjoyable ride through the end
Not the best Kyoani can do and probably the weakest Kyoani show, but at least they tried something new regardless of the result
Reading from the previous pages, maybe they should have stick with the LN's plot
6.5/10
TriZenDec 18, 2013 4:30 PM
Dec 18, 2013 4:39 PM
Jul 2013
Wow, well this was kind of....shit o.O

really kyoani...12 episode series and just 3 good episodes? wow
Dec 18, 2013 4:39 PM
Jun 2013
Needs a season two for more explanations, it was too rushed, especially at the end.
7.5/10
Dec 18, 2013 4:47 PM

Apr 2013
drama_menck said:
Despite the story having left very open points was certainly the best anime of the season
This is far from being the aots
Dec 18, 2013 4:54 PM

Jul 2013
Hoping that they might plan a season two. I'm really curious on what happens with the relationship between Akihito and Mirai (dating now or still just crushing?) Also curious as to where Izumi went and, especially curious as to how Hiromi is dealing with being the new head to the Nase family. He seemed like he wasn't too pleased with that news, or is that just me?

Other than those, I still really enjoyed this anime. :3
Only thing that could've made that ending better was if Mira and Aki kissed, but oh well.

Loved it!
Dec 18, 2013 4:55 PM

Feb 2013
>no explanation besides "akkey and mirai are special"
>no kiss
>not even a hug
>how did that dude become a youmu
>all my questions are not answered
>kyoani pls
Dec 18, 2013 4:57 PM

Dec 2012
LittleStar said:
I want next season!
I want more Mirai and Akihito!

Love this series!
Love KyoAni!
Love this episode!

Everything was just perfect!
I almost believed Mirai will not return... ;(
Glad at the end, she could back *.*
Love this fights scenes *.*
And all AkihitoxMirai moments!
Oh, this scene when she started disappeared *.*
And this "pat me" say "thank you"
and when Akihito understood what's happening
and when she disappeared...
Love it!

Mirai is so cute! *.*
Totally love her!

Can't wait to see special! *.*

^ you see this is the post of someone who loves anime for just what it is without being too critical and just enjoys what they're given.... take a leaf outta this guy/gals book ye grumpy mofo'ing people.
Ǝ W ˙˙ ɹ ∀ Ǝ Ⅎ
Dec 18, 2013 4:58 PM

Aug 2012
it's screaming for a 2nd season. Too many things left unexplained, but this final episode was still very entertaining. I already had a feeling that Mirai would appear again, since the novel is still ongoing.. though i think this was an original ending?

About Izumi's past, Akihito's parents, Megane dude's whereabout, Hiroomi's increasing siscon pervertness, and many more.. i wanna see more of them!

7/10

+ Visual
+ Music
+ Seiyuu

- Bad jokes (though it got better, little by little)
ChoroshiDec 18, 2013 5:02 PM

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Dec 18, 2013 4:58 PM

Dec 2012
Also to anyone wondering, not been confirmed but season 2 is like a 99% chance of existing either end of 2014 or mid 2015
Ǝ W ˙˙ ɹ ∀ Ǝ Ⅎ
Dec 18, 2013 5:00 PM

Dec 2012
Demonshaw17 said:
Also to anyone wondering, not been confirmed but season 2 is like a 99% chance of existing either end of 2014 or mid 2015

And you know that because?
Dec 18, 2013 5:00 PM

Dec 2012
Eh 7/10. Felt the show tried to cater to both the moe audience and the action/plot audience at the same time and brought the show down. The second arc felt really quick and as such affected the enjoyment. However, animation and art wise very beautiful work done by Kyoani as usual.
Dec 18, 2013 5:04 PM

Sep 2013
drama_menck said:
Despite the story having left very open points was certainly the best anime of the season
exciting from beginning to end
I had tightness in the chest when I clicked 'set as completed'
Mirai was too kawaii without the glasses
both the soundtrack of the anime, as the cuts of scenes are wonderful
I was curious to read the novel
then .. ended

Apesar da historia ter deixado muito pontos em aberto, com certeza foi o melhor anime da temporada
emocionante do começo ao fim
tive até um aperto no peito quando cliquei em 'set as completed'
Mirai ficou kawaii demais sem os óculos
tanto a trilha sonora do anime, quanto os cortes de cenas sao maravilhosos
fiquei curioso para ler a novel
então .. terminou

Best anime of the season.... joke maybe?
Dec 18, 2013 5:05 PM

Aug 2011
tsudecimo said:
Demonshaw17 said:

And you know that because?

There was a hint since Yayoi said 'To be continued!' and a lot of things weren't resolved but I don't see how there's going to be a 99% chance of a season two happening.
Dec 18, 2013 5:08 PM

Dec 2013
For me this series was great.

Sure, the ending wasn't what i was hoping.. BUT it means there's a potential that Kyoani will do a season 2. (If the sales turn out to be okay...)

And I think that's what Kyoani's trying to do, opening up a room for season 2 or even OVAs.

Despite everyone's disappointment, this episode did nearly make me cry, and it was fantastic.

For me, its' my favorite series of the season (:

...So SEASON 2 PLEASE!
Dec 18, 2013 5:08 PM

Sep 2013
*just saw someone had posted the LN to Anime comparison~ so edited my post to take it off~*

99% chance of Season 2? Joking again? geez... BD/DVD pre-order sales were bad. Season was rushed, no character development, so many unanswered questions.

No thanks.
DeathyZADec 18, 2013 5:19 PM
Dec 18, 2013 5:09 PM

Jan 2011
its obvious that there will be maybe more in a year or so, especially after i read about the tamako movie. and nice, at first everyone thought akky would die but then it was mirai and then they discovered a way to bring her back and then it wasnt as planned and mirai seemed to die truely and she dissapeard also from the other dimension but in the end she finally wasnt truely dead. *hehe. the snow scenery was great and at some points the final reminds me a little bit of evangelion. ^^ animation 10, charas visual 10, charas emotion/behaviour 9, structure 10 (mindfuck, no daily monster shit or daily useless battles), humor 9, action 10, love 9, music 9, voice 10, otaku score 9, what else? i dont know yet. overall 9 something. lets say 10 because of the momentum,i think 2014 it will go down to 9.=p i enjoyed it. imho =p
Dec 18, 2013 5:20 PM

Jul 2012
Demonshaw17 said:
you see this is the post of someone who loves anime for just what it is without being too critical and just enjoys what they're given.... take a leaf outta this guy/gals book ye grumpy mofo'ing people.

Is it wrong to dislike or criticize something?
Dec 18, 2013 5:21 PM

Feb 2011
Honestly it was okay. 7/10 here.

How was she brought back to life?

BdkklaBLAH.

Most "meh" anime of the fall season in my opinion.

Dec 18, 2013 5:24 PM

Sep 2013
This is FAR from being Anime of the Season.

Mirai shouldve stayed dead, I wish I can suddenly just revive myself without having any explanation as to how I got revived or what the fuck trigged being revived.

Oh not to mention Akhito running like a little bitch to the spot where he met Mirai for the 1st time, How did he know she is back when the ring disappeared? how did he know she was there, Power of KyoAni logic~
Dec 18, 2013 5:27 PM

Jan 2011
Esclair said:
Now that the series is over, here's a rough breakdown of what is in the LN and what they changed for the adaptation.

Episode 1: Almost everything is from the light novel up until after school. However, instead of Mirai chasing after Akihito and trying to kill him, he invites her into the [etc]

whe do people realice that there isnt a rule in the world, that every written thing must have an adaption level of 100 % ... -_- thats not possible and the profucers can do, what they want. you must judge a show on its own. its an own piece of art and creation. if you want the book, read the book. and you have to lay an eye on that point too: if they adapt nearly all, then why you should buy the original work? they want to be different. ;)
Dec 18, 2013 5:30 PM

Jul 2012
summerwars said:
Esclair said:
Now that the series is over, here's a rough breakdown of what is in the LN and what they changed for the adaptation.

Episode 1: Almost everything is from the light novel up until after school. However, instead of Mirai chasing after Akihito and trying to kill him, he invites her into the [etc]

whe do people realice that there isnt a rule in the world, that every written thing must have an adaption level of 100 % ... -_- thats not possible and the profucers can do, what they want. you must judge a show on its own. its an own piece of art and creation. if you want the book, read the book. and you have to lay an eye on that point too: if they adapt nearly all, then why you should buy the original work? they want to be different. ;)

Not trying to start a feud or anything, but if you adapted 100% of the manga/LN to an anime without skipping or omitting anything, it could still be an entirely different experience. They are different mediums of art - one having colour and music, while one static and at a different pace depending on each reader.
Dec 18, 2013 5:33 PM

Nov 2008
A fine example of ending-by-committee...

To think that I could have watched 12 repeats of "Storage Wars" instead of this...

Oh well, I've got no one to blame but myself for sticking around...

At least the "idol group" episode was fun...
Dec 18, 2013 5:36 PM
Jul 2018
dbaranyi said:
Oh well, I've got no one to blame but myself for sticking around...

this lol. this series was so "eh", and a lot of it annoyed me, but i kept watching anyway. i needed to see how it ended.
Dec 18, 2013 5:37 PM

Mar 2011
And then the ending was bullshit
All these bitches.
Dec 18, 2013 5:39 PM

Mar 2012
summerwars said:
Esclair said:

All I did was give people a quick reference for what parts are from the LN and what are anime original. I didn't mention anything about whether or not the changes are good. Not to mention, KyoAn has done plenty of adaptations where they were quite faithful to the source material, and those shows turned out pretty well. If they choose to make significant changes, I'd hope it was because they thought they could improve upon the work, not because of some arbitrary notions. Plus, even if they did do a 100% adaptation for volume 1, if it turned out well people would want to buy volumes 2 and 3. A strong adaptation is one of the best ways to push sales for later volumes.
Dec 18, 2013 5:46 PM

Jul 2013
damn, that was a badly paced last episode!
almost looked like a PV sometimes. really, what the hell?

this show was waaaay beyond the boundary on dramatic resolutions - i guess my hopes are still too high on that point.

how many times do you need to kill the cute girl before you have enough drama???

I dont know, I'm a bit lost with this ending, like I've had a really nice cookie but with a monkey-butt aftertaste. somewhere in the past I'm still happy, but the present self just cries "whyyyyy???"
that sums it up, I guess...
Dec 18, 2013 5:49 PM

Mar 2013
nice final episode XD
how can be Kuriyama back again?
Dec 18, 2013 5:49 PM
Jul 2018
theonionguy said:
And then the ending was bullshit

yuuuuup. :\
Dec 18, 2013 5:54 PM

Jul 2012
I believe at the end when Akihito asked Mirai to wear the glasses the brought it was the equivalent of an engagement ring. I am so happy for them!

Great series!!!
Dec 18, 2013 5:55 PM

Jan 2011
Esclair said:

All I did was give people a quick reference for what parts are from the LN and what are anime original. I didn't mention anything about whether or not the changes are good. Not to mention, KyoAn has done plenty of adaptations where they were quite faithful to the source material, and those shows turned out pretty well. If they choose to make significant changes, I'd hope it was because they thought they could improve upon the work, not because of some arbitrary notions. Plus, even if they did do a 100% adaptation for volume 1, if it turned out well people would want to buy volumes 2 and 3. A strong adaptation is one of the best ways to push sales for later volumes.

again: when do people realise that those things should be judged on its own. now you compared it again to its source ... -_- "if the first eps wer adapt 100% then more peopl" the series has its own first storyline, what is so hard to understand? if they are good or bad, judge for yourself, but leave other stuff aside because its other stuff! and imho the first eps were great. not that usual stuff were everything is alright and everything is explained one afzet another. that was the intention: throw the viewer into a world and he has to discover things for himself. are people so dumb today and dont have a little bit of fantasy, that you must tell them every detail? mattaku ... -_-
Dec 18, 2013 6:00 PM

Nov 2013
Glad I got through this sane enuff.
Dec 18, 2013 6:08 PM

Aug 2013
I liked the animations, OP, and ED. Story and characters? Yeah...no..
Dec 18, 2013 6:16 PM

Mar 2012
summerwars said:
Esclair said:

again: when do people realise that those things should be judged on its own. now you compared it again to its source ... -_- "if the first eps wer adapt 100% then more peopl" the series has its own first storyline, what is so hard to understand? if they are good or bad, judge for yourself, but leave other stuff aside because its other stuff! and imho the first eps were great. not that usual stuff were everything is alright and everything is explained one afzet another. that was the intention: throw the viewer into a world and he has to discover things for himself. are people so dumb today and dont have a little bit of fantasy, that you must tell them every detail? mattaku ... -_-

The show's over. People have already formed their opinions from just watching the show. Now, if they liked the show, and they see the list of differences, they might decide to check out the light novel (although I doubt it since it's not fully translated). If they didn't like it, they might still want to check it out because it's so different.
Dec 18, 2013 6:20 PM

Nov 2013
Gotta say tho, Hiroomi for best character for this. He bagz.
Dec 18, 2013 6:31 PM
Oct 2008
I really disliked almost everything about this anime... but since episode 10 it was getting better and better... It's a shame that the whole serie wasn't as good as imo was this episode. In this episode I actually saw something of the plot and humor (only this episode made me smile and sometimes laugh).
Dec 18, 2013 6:34 PM

Jul 2012
DGemu said:
Gotta say tho, Hiroomi for best character for this. He bagz.

^
Dec 18, 2013 6:38 PM

Nov 2012
my impression is WTF. Those emotional feelings I felt are betrayed by the 3 last minutes. I can't even... ahh I'm so speechless right now.

I demand explanation when the special episode appears later.
Your so-called peaceful world makes me bored, so don't blame me if I destroy all of it.
- http://worldinverse.smackjeeves.com
Dec 18, 2013 6:55 PM

Jan 2009
its a happy ending!
Dec 18, 2013 6:57 PM

Dec 2013
Well.. to lighten up everyone's disappointment with the last episode..

Here's why there should be a season 2, as there are alot of unanswered questions. - this is just a prediction, btw :p

1. What are the youmu stones and what are the uses of them?

2.What about Akihito's father?

3.Who/what is Fujima Miroku and what was he trying to do?

4.What's the relationship between Nase Izumi & Aki's mother?

5.How did Mirai get revived?

6.How did Aki's mother know that Mirai was alive? Or Why did she say that?

7.How did the KnK end up in Aki's body?

8.Who is Aki's mother? - It seemed like she knew ALOT of things that was going on. And since Aki demanded her for an explanation, i think Kyoani will do something about it.

9. Who's the Nase family's old dude that did nothing except sit in the cave?

10.The general 'spirit world society' - nothing was mentioned about it in the anime

11. Finally, a new question from ep 12 What did Fujima mean when he said there is a youmu inside Izumi?

.. I think number 11 is a big one as they threw in another question in the LAST EPISODE. If you would want to end it like that, what's the point of throwing in another question like this?

So I think Kyoani's think of producing the 2nd season... depending on KnK's sale.
It all comes down to sales in the end, i guess.. :P

Although i really hope there will be a 2nd season to explain all this.
BiglittlemeDec 18, 2013 7:00 PM
Dec 18, 2013 6:59 PM

Apr 2010
This show was a emotional train-wreak. They tried to play with your emotions, but you can’t really care for the characters. Hardly any character development, I would have love to seen some with Mitsuki (and no the little part at the end doesn't count)

And where Kuriyama comes back in the end, all too predictable

The series was good on a episode, to episode basics, but the whole series overall lack too much. 6/10
Dec 18, 2013 7:12 PM
Feb 2012
So how much of this anime actually followed the light novel?
Dec 18, 2013 7:14 PM

Oct 2011
Bringing Mirai back to life was horribly contrived. There wasn't even a halfassed explanation for Pete's sake. All in all, this series was unpleasant, though it deserves some praise for its high production values.

5/10

Pages (11) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 23, 2013

338 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Mar 5, 11:30 PM

» 10th anniversary was yesterday...

dabiggestbird - Oct 4, 2023

17 by pinemoth »»
Oct 14, 2023 7:07 PM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2013

475 by Aruna0 »»
Jul 6, 2023 12:59 PM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2013

448 by ds87 »»
Jun 21, 2023 10:36 AM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 30, 2013

195 by lordspacecat »»
Mar 10, 2023 10:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.