Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jul 7, 2014 11:46 AM
Jan 2014
I'm currently reading Nicole and Cinders, Doppleganger, Lucky Rabbit Reflex, Royal Trap, The flower Shop - Winter in Fairbrook, X-note are on hold. But the ones on hold are going to be played from the start again since I've lost all my saves... >_<
"Out of sight, out of mind."
Jul 7, 2014 11:48 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
I'll be reading OsaDai's just-released fandisc the second I find a DL link for it :3
Jul 7, 2014 7:00 PM
Jul 2018
1. Clover Day's, Kagami Twins' route
2. Grisaia no Kajitsu, only Yumiko's route left
3. G-senjou, Kanon's route.
Jul 8, 2014 12:37 PM

Mar 2009
Sylverith said:
1. Clover Day's, Kagami Twins' route
2. Grisaia no Kajitsu, only Yumiko's route left
3. G-senjou, Kanon's route.
I see you are one of those people victimized by Grisaia's unconventional branching order of routes.
Jul 8, 2014 8:51 PM

Oct 2009
I just finished Muv-Luv Alternative. Holy shit.
Was gonna power through Remember11 and Never7 but I don't think anything can follow Alternative xD Gonna let that game sink in for a while.

I didn't want to displace Little Busters! from my top 3, so I changed it to my top 4 :)
Not sure where MLA fits exactly, somewhere between CLANNAD and Umineko for me.
Jul 8, 2014 9:46 PM

Mar 2009
DaBackpack said:
Was gonna power through Remember11 and Never7 but I don't think anything can follow Alternative xD Gonna let that game sink in for a while.

I didn't want to displace Little Busters! from my top 3, so I changed it to my top 4 :)
Good luck in getting over your post-MLA stress disorder. =u=
Jul 8, 2014 11:59 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Manjuu said:
DaBackpack said:

Good luck in getting over your post-MLA stress disorder. =u=
that should actually be a phrase
Jul 9, 2014 12:09 AM

Apr 2014
Swan Song.
It has one of the best auto play systems I have ever used

Jul 9, 2014 6:12 AM
Jan 2012
I was going through Yosuga No Sora and Hoshizora No Memoria, but now that I have ITH and TA working I am also playing Dark Blue and Shin Hitou Meguri :D
Jul 14, 2014 2:09 PM
Dec 2010
I recently finished the entire Muv-Luv series and I do have to say that MLA has given me afterthoughts even now. Such a captivating VN. Currently playing Sharin no Kuni, although I currently have no access to my VN's. :(
After that... I'm not sure. Got a bunch to play through, however, so I doubt that I'll run out of things to do anytime soon.

I have to say, though, I'm glad that my friend got me into playing visual novels. Might be off-topic, but I wonder: how did you all get into playing visual novels? If you think it's more appropriate to start a new thread for this discussion, I can do so. I am, however, lazy. Which is why I'm asking here~
Jul 14, 2014 8:46 PM

Mar 2009
Stalker-tan said:
I recently finished the entire Muv-Luv series and I do have to say that MLA has given me afterthoughts even now. Such a captivating VN. Currently playing Sharin no Kuni, although I currently have no access to my VN's. :(
After that... I'm not sure. Got a bunch to play through, however, so I doubt that I'll run out of things to do anytime soon.

I have to say, though, I'm glad that my friend got me into playing visual novels. Might be off-topic, but I wonder: how did you all get into playing visual novels? If you think it's more appropriate to start a new thread for this discussion, I can do so. I am, however, lazy. Which is why I'm asking here~
It's p. cool seeing people finishing the ML trilogy lately. It took me a few days to actually appreciate that ending.

Re: my getting into visual novels, well I was a Clannad fanboy years ago so I obv. explored all media related to it but I didn't really finish reading the VN because I didn't have a lot of time. Then two years ago, someone recommended I read G-Senjou for its supposedly epic ending, and there I got hooked again.
Jul 15, 2014 1:25 AM
Dec 2010
Manjuu said:
It's p. cool seeing people finishing the ML trilogy lately. It took me a few days to actually appreciate that ending.

Re: my getting into visual novels, well I was a Clannad fanboy years ago so I obv. explored all media related to it but I didn't really finish reading the VN because I didn't have a lot of time. Then two years ago, someone recommended I read G-Senjou for its supposedly epic ending, and there I got hooked again.

I have to agree that it took time to really appreciate everything that just... Happened. It really is a lot to take in in such a short amount of time, given that so much happens, but the info-dumping and drama was just... Hnng.

Cool. Clannad was one of my first as well, I played Katawa Shoujo first and then a friend of mine told me about various visual novels he thought I'd be interested in. It's taken me some time to really get hooked on visual novels, however, as it wasn't until... Autumn last year? I think, when I really started to sit and play visual novels for hours. Back then it was Fate/stay night (heaven's feel/UBW) and before I started the ML-series it was chaos;head. Now that I've started though, I'm completely hooked.
Jul 15, 2014 1:32 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
For me it was just totally on impulse really. Before I came to MAL I was a long time member in a different community called TeamLiquid and we've had a VIP Skype group for years which I'm still part of, and one of the guys there was playing Katawa Shoujo at some point and was posting pics and thoughts while he was doing it, and I just became casually interested since I had nothing better to do so I just picked it up as well. This was during Christmas 2012, and after finishing it I Google'd my way to VNDB and just started picking off high-rated titles that sounded interesting, starting with the Key-games, then G-senjou, Muv-Luv etcetera. I didn't really get back into anime as an adult again (had watched some as a kid) until I started with VNs on a whim, as the first "real" anime I watched in modern time was Clannad + AS after reading the VN just because I was curious about what the differences was. This was in the beginning of 2013 and since then I've not really done much in my free time other than anime/manga/VNs/LNs. Looking back at it it was really very much so a matter of chance that things ended up this way but I've never regretted it for sure.
Jul 15, 2014 1:47 AM
Dec 2010
Cool. It's interesting to hear different stories of how it all started for everyone, so to speak. I find it quite intriguing that you didn't get that much into anime before reading visual novels, as it's basically complete opposite for me. I've had this account for quite some time, and I've been watching anime for quite some time as well. One asepct that might be why visual novels are appealing to me now is that they're new for me and, as I've been told by my friend who got me into playing visual novels said, I've yet to play all the "top tier" visual novels. In anime, however, it feels like I'm more biased and critical as it's nothing new. Whether that's good or bad, I'm not one to decide. I do, however, not have any regrets either. Or, well... Maybe some. Looking back at what I enjoyed three-four years ago in anime... I can't say that I'm anything other than ashamed of myself. e_e

Oh well, enough rambling. Thanks for your story~
Jul 22, 2014 7:40 AM

Nov 2013
Currently busy with Air atm... well busy is not the right word. Let's just put it this way, it's definately not dropped but currently not very high priority either.

Btw I hear a lot of praise for MLA, but I can't really get through extra/unlimited...I 've heard that you should read it before you play MLA, but I find the humor just well... not to my taste. Will MLA be anything for me then or is it just like extra but a bit better?
Jul 22, 2014 7:55 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
doom19876 said:
Btw I hear a lot of praise for MLA, but I can't really get through extra/unlimited...I 've heard that you should read it before you play MLA, but I find the humor just well... not to my taste. Will MLA be anything for me then or is it just like extra but a bit better?
lol it's completely different from Extra in every way :>

if you at least get to Unlimited you'll be more on the right track about what you'll expect later on
though with 10x the production value and 50x the epicness
Jul 22, 2014 9:08 AM
Dec 2010
doom19876 said:

Extra: just to get to know the characters

Unlimited: a taste of what's about to come

Alternative: Holy shit.
Jul 24, 2014 2:09 PM

Mar 2008
playing SubaHibi.
It'll be the first VN I find interesting enough to finish. It's not only interesting it's just.. awesome.
I can only recommend everyone to check it out and play it, it's definitely worth it!
Jul 24, 2014 2:14 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
precious said:
playing SubaHibi.
It'll be the first VN I find interesting enough to finish. It's not only interesting it's just.. awesome.
I can only recommend everyone to check it out and play it, it's definitely worth it!
what's the point of playing VNs if you never finish them? at least all the ones that have true routes shouldn't even be judged before you're done with them really
Jul 25, 2014 12:20 AM
Dec 2010
precious said:
playing SubaHibi.

I suggest you stick through the VN's you've yet to finish, it might be worth it. Chaos;head was a VN that took me a long time to get through, but that was mostly because I had shit to do at university. In the end, though, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Some VN's take longer time before they're "interesting".
Jul 25, 2014 12:23 AM
Aug 2012
Nothing atm but I plan on playing SubaHibi or Forest soon and then Comyu after that.
Jul 25, 2014 4:42 AM

Mar 2008
Stalker-tan said:
precious said:
playing SubaHibi.

I suggest you stick through the VN's you've yet to finish, it might be worth it. Chaos;head was a VN that took me a long time to get through, but that was mostly because I had shit to do at university. In the end, though, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Some VN's take longer time before they're "interesting".

You're right about that. My impatience isn't that nice, considering that VN's are generally longer... Problem is in 2 weeks my work starts again and I'll be very busy =-= But I'll definitely still finish Grisaia. Just a question of when....
Jul 25, 2014 6:09 PM

Nov 2013
HaXXspetten said:
what's the point of playing VNs if you never finish them? at least all the ones that have true routes shouldn't even be judged before you're done with them really

Stalker-tan said:

It seems you don't drop stuff. I for one, pretty much dislike every single character of Sharin no Kuni except for Sachi and writer guy (can't remember his name). I played chapter 1 to see what it was like. Then I got into chapter 2 Sachi's route. I finished the route and thought to myself, I don't like the story of this VN and the way people think in this VN. Now assuming Sharin no Kuni has a true route. You're basically telling me not to judge it before I'm done with the whole VN. Which means many hours of additional suffering.

I think it's better to drop stuff if you don't enjoy it and move on to better stuff.
doom19876Jul 25, 2014 6:13 PM
Jul 26, 2014 2:41 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
doom19876 said:
HaXXspetten said:

Stalker-tan said:

It seems you don't drop stuff. I for one, pretty much dislike every single character of Sharin no Kuni except for Sachi and writer guy (can't remember his name). I played chapter 1 to see what it was like. Then I got into chapter 2 Sachi's route. I finished the route and thought to myself, I don't like the story of this VN and the way people think in this VN. Now assuming Sharin no Kuni has a true route. You're basically telling me not to judge it before I'm done with the whole VN. Which means many hours of additional suffering.

I think it's better to drop stuff if you don't enjoy it and move on to better stuff.
Well yeah I'd say it's worth it. There are so many stories out there that are far too ending heavy to be judged before you're done with them. I mean take Ever17 for example; the entire game just provides you more and more questions and doesn't really answer stuff for you before the True route, but as a tradeoff that is instead pretty much the best single route ever made. If you were to start the game and drop it midway, there was literally zero point in even starting it since you still don't understand shit about the story.

Some things are better in retroperspective than when you're actually playing them as you'll look at it in a different way when you actually know what is going on.
Jul 28, 2014 5:58 PM

Nov 2013
It's just that sometimes atleast I don't drop VN based on stories but based on character design and other things. If they make something which is obvious that it should be fun in their eyes and I don't agree then our opinions differ.
Things that can make me lose interest are for example:
Bad humour (especially if it's not scarce and lots of effort is put into), so long bad humour scenes. Overused long bad humour scenes...
Dumb characters doing dumb things defying normal logics. (helpless characters beyond reason, characters making weird decisions) Characters missing the obvious (Lucia route from Rewrite for example, The route could have ended like 2 hours faster if he just said a certain thing)
All mighty genius characters who think they're in control of everything.

So yeah, even if the story isn't inherently bad. I'm not always willing to actually suffer to get through the bad parts to see a story that might be good. With an emphesis on might be because that's not even certain.

And no I don't always drop stuff I don't like at first sight. I played Tomoyo after. I hated Takafumi to no end, he was just doing his best to be annoying. I mean come on... walking in on your sister every single day. Then there was headstrong Tomoya who wouldn't budge. Basically the only good part I remember and care to remember was Tomoyo's arc.

In my eyes, if only the story matters a summary would suffice most of the time. I want to be kept interested as I read.
Jul 29, 2014 3:53 AM

Oct 2013
Currently playing Grisaia no Kajitsu and so far i'm really enjoying it

and also just recently started fate/stay night.
Jul 31, 2014 11:42 AM

Jun 2011
Reading Dies Irae.

Can't fathom how FSN is the more popular chuuni VN when DI is in leagues so much better.

And I'll be an ultra hipster and read Hello, Lady instead of Comyu just to spite Ixwreck.
I wish Cowboy Bebop never existed.
Aug 1, 2014 2:41 PM

Nov 2013
Maybe because DI is not translated? :P
Aug 10, 2014 6:27 AM
Jul 2018
reading the lines of DI makes me feel like a retard, must be worse for the CV.
Aug 12, 2014 12:28 PM
Jul 2014
Right now I'm playing Snow Bound Land from Otomate :) Aje <3 <3 <3 *Ultimate Tsundere King!*
Aug 21, 2014 7:30 PM
Aug 2014
i'm reading steins;gate n so far it's better than the anime :3
Aug 22, 2014 5:14 AM

May 2014
If My Heart Had Wings ... pretty interesting so far
Aug 22, 2014 7:10 PM
May 2011
Starting rewrite, seems good
Aug 24, 2014 8:05 PM

Aug 2012
I just finished Muv-Luv Alternative about the same time as one of my friends. Overall, it was extremely enjoyable up until Operation Cherry Blossom. Personally I found the Operation to be entirely too Melodramatic and predictable, and the actual ending after the Operation felt extremely rushed as well.

My friend on the other hand hated the ending even more than me. I guess he just wasn't satisfied with it at all as he wanted a proper resolution with the BETA as well as more political wars with the Americans. To him it felt like they ran out of money and had to finish everything off quickly.
Aug 27, 2014 3:58 AM

Dec 2013
just finished SubaHibi
I have never been trolled like this, even irl
Aug 31, 2014 8:48 PM

Aug 2014
Playing another entry in the Steampunk series (my favorite series of VNs ever <3), Ourai no Gahkthun -What a shining braves-.
Oohh and what do we have here, hehe? >:3

moonnya said:
just finished SubaHibi
I have never been trolled like this, even irl

I hereby welcome you to the "Subahibi trolled me too hard" club alongside myself and err probably everyone else that has read the Visual Novel to boot. ^^ Seriously though, you'll go from being weirded out by it to becoming obsessed with it (maybe, if it already fits your tastes) after having a second reading of the story. Subahibi is pretty much meant to be read more than once in order to understand it even by the writer's standards, and his standards are already hardcore. After the 3 times that I've read Subahibi (because it's my prime obsession in life <3), I can safely say through an opinion it's the greatest story ever written in a VN. Or well... Correction: It's my all-time favorite story ever written in general. xD
ZealtyAug 31, 2014 8:52 PM
Aug 31, 2014 10:32 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Imouto Paradise <3

all of my faps >///<
Sep 2, 2014 5:12 AM

Oct 2013
currently playing g-senjou no maou
Sep 5, 2014 2:02 PM

Aug 2014
1. Yumina the Ethereal
2. A Profile
3. Imouto Paradise

And a little bit of Kamidori Alchemy Meister on occasion (gotta get my NG+ content done).
Sep 8, 2014 1:56 PM
Nov 2012
I'm currently on Umineko no Naku Koro ni,going to start episode 4 very soon. xD
Sep 11, 2014 12:53 AM

May 2010
Recently started Starry Sky ~After Summer~. Moar bishies are always welcomed!
Sep 11, 2014 5:08 AM

Mar 2009
Playing Your Diary+ H, again with the aid of text hookers.
Sep 11, 2014 5:27 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Manjuu said:
Playing Your Diary+ H, again with the aid of hookers.
Pervert.
Sep 14, 2014 10:53 AM

Feb 2008
I finished Baldr Sky a couple weeks ago and now I'm mostly relaxing with simple stuff. Himanatsu, Dracu-Riot (Azusa's route), and the last couple chapters of Eustia. Whenever those are all done I'll start up Sona-Nyl and White Album 2.
Sep 17, 2014 3:50 PM

Jul 2013
Been going on and off between routes of Grisaia no Kaijutsu. Just started playing again for the anime hype.. even though I have doubts on the adapt but I'm loving the intensity for each character routes so far.
Sep 21, 2014 5:42 PM

Dec 2013
It's been some time since I last read a VN but now I decided to read/play Himegari Dungeon Meister. Sadly, it's like an older version of Kamidori Alchemy Meister, so I'm not really sure what to expect yet.
Sep 23, 2014 12:51 PM

May 2013
Now i'm reading Coμ - Kuroi Ryuu to Yasashii Oukoku -, really like it, nothing to say more ;P
Let justice be done, though the heavens fall.
Sep 29, 2014 2:59 PM

Oct 2012
I started reading dies irae, kinda nice so far.
Sep 29, 2014 7:33 PM

Mar 2012
Swan Song, one more down from the list!
naners~
Oct 13, 2014 11:54 PM

Jun 2011
Just finished Elina Route in Dracu-Riot, now started Comyu.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Top 5 VNs ( 1 2 3 )

AltriaPendragon - Jun 2, 2013

120 by Fischer77 »»
Jan 28, 2023 5:49 PM

» Top 10 Heroines from all the VN's you have read?

Riptos - Jun 23, 2021

1 by UIGodFather »»
Jul 3, 2021 7:19 AM

» Member Birthday List ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Mar 8, 2011

126 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Apr 23, 2021 4:51 PM

» Visual Novel Data Base Account ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Jan 29, 2011

106 by removed-user »»
Apr 14, 2021 4:50 PM

Poll: » Favorite VN Developers

lmisohax - Nov 17, 2015

13 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Feb 21, 2021 5:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.