Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 11, 2013 6:45 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------

Finally finished volume 1 and it was an amazing read! A fantastic setting that takes place during the Steam Engine Revolution.

Great characters. The MC, Lyle, can incorporate math and science into everything. He's a boy with an extraordinary intellect who doesn't want fame & power but only wants to be someone who can treat others with kindness.

Lunaria is a "Nosferatu" who is always seen with an emotionless expression on her face but she can fight with the power of the Fog. She also has a beautiful singing voice that can make everyone who listens to her singing feel overwhelmed with emotions.

Maria is Lyle's childhood friend who grew up as a busty beauty but has control over many of her family's business. She likes Lyle and she wants him to continue using his talents for the good cause. These two heroines are amazing since they're the "action girls" of the story but they also fight for the affection of the naive MC while both of the girls can still get along with each other.

Vilhelm Zest is the main antagonist of volume 1. He did a really good job of being the annoying yet powerful and cunning villain. He's a guy that you'd just love to hate. (Or hate to love, whatever) He has kept his cool most of the time especially when fighting while continuously provoking his opponents with his speechcraft. A very skillful Margrave who is very nimble and very versatile on the battlefield. Combined with his provocative speechcraft, he's a really dangerous foe.

So yeah, volume 1 was splendid and I definitely enjoyed it! The storyline is well-focused. Magic & science together in one. Doesn't this remind me of other novels that have incorporated both in the story? But their setting is more futuristic than this novel. I'm not gonna hold back from giving this novel a very high score already because when the characters, the setting, and the storyline have been combined altogether, the author was able to make one fantastic brilliant story that is just so fun to read! I can't wait to read more! Big thanks to NanoDesu Translations' English translation of this novel! Let's give them a round of applause for doing a great job!

The final picture in the epilogue.... Now isn't that awesome?? :D

http://i.minus.com/ixwUhzsNYokG1.png

Lyle is super luckyyyyy!!! I just LOOOOOVE Lunaria's beautiful smile at this picture! ^^ Maria's smile wasn't bad at all too~

Need to get started on volume 2 ASAP! Translations for volume 2 still aren't finished at this point, but at least there's stuff to read. :3

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gekka no Utahime to Magi no Ou Volume 2 Discussion

LunyRem - Mar 9, 2014

0 by LunyRem »»
Mar 9, 2014 11:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.