Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 10, 2013 1:42 PM

Nov 2013
I just finished the anime series of Claymore, and was greatly disappointed in especially the last 3 episodes. I am disappointed to the extent that I feel that they really ruined the depth of the series altogether. Is it just me, or do others feel the same way? Did they just ruin the show entirely with these episodes?
Interested in Japanese dance songs? See this thread: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=702085
Dec 10, 2013 1:45 PM
Mar 2013
I was greatly disappointed as well.

In fact, I was bored by the episode Rigardo showed up (in battle). It was starting to get a little to ridiculous by then.
Dec 11, 2013 11:12 PM

May 2013
Can't say I totally agree with you. Yes, I do think the fight itself was bad and Prissy looked ridiculous in her form, but that wasn't the point of the ending. Instead of ruining the story it actually added depth to it...so I'm not exactly sure what you were disappointed about?
Dec 12, 2013 12:03 AM
Mar 2013
only4anime said:
Can't say I totally agree with you. Yes, I do think the fight itself was bad and Prissy looked ridiculous in her form, but that wasn't the point of the ending. Instead of ruining the story it actually added depth to it...so I'm not exactly sure what you were disappointed about?
I can't speak for the OP, but I felt the ending left a lot to be desired. In fact, by the end of the series nothing really happened! Clare still has not gotten revenge on Priscilla and over 6-7 characters have died in the span of 3-4 episodes with nothing to show for it.
Dec 20, 2013 8:55 AM
Nov 2010
Read the manga :)
Dec 24, 2013 2:46 AM

Sep 2009
Welcome to the world of unfinished anime adaptations
Dec 24, 2013 2:26 PM
Mar 2013
Hisio said:
In a way I believe it's better if an anime adaptation is left unfinished. It's better unfinished than a lacklustre ending that ruins an otherwise strong show such as Claymore.
Dec 29, 2013 11:01 AM

May 2013
emeraldrosary said:
In fact, by the end of the series nothing really happened!

Character development happaned, and that was the whole point of the ending. Clare realized throwing away her life and humanity (by awakening/becoming a monster) simply for the sake of revenge was not what Teresa wished for. Remember Teresa's last line to Clare right before the ED song? Her friends, Teresa, and Jean (who told her to find a new purpose for living) all wanted her to live on as a human. The ending was full of emotions, especially the part where Clare questions herself whether the choice of not taking revenge she has made is fine or not and then Teresa smiles back at her. I was on the verge of tears.
Dec 29, 2013 3:50 PM

Mar 2013
End 3-4 episodes where awful...

Dec 30, 2013 10:38 AM
Mar 2013
only4anime said:
Character development happaned, and that was the whole point of the ending. Clare realized throwing away her life and humanity (by awakening/becoming a monster) simply for the sake of revenge was not what Teresa wished for. Remember Teresa's last line to Clare right before the ED song? Her friends, Teresa, and Jean (who told her to find a new purpose for living) all wanted her to live on as a human. The ending was full of emotions, especially the part where Clare questions herself whether the choice of not taking revenge she has made is fine or not and then Teresa smiles back at her. I was on the verge of tears.

You're right there was some good character development, but I don't think that was the whole point of the ending.

In any case, coming from someone who has read the Manga, the anime ending and the last 3-4 episodes were pretty bad.

I highly recommend you try reading the manga. It's a lot better than the anime, and you get to see even greater character development.
Jan 2, 2014 12:30 PM

Jan 2012
Hisio said:

It being unfinished wasn't what made it bad. The execution, ESPECIALLY of the final episode was straight up bad. They spent all this time building an excellent back story for the main characters, then they killed it with the overly cheesy emotional ending. There are animes that work well with endings like that, and this was not one of them. At all.

By the end, the shit that was going down reminded me off the absolutely ridiculous boosting that Issei from HS: DxD did. It made me cringe because it was so cheesy, but that show didn't try to take itself seriously in the same way. You weren't expecting emotional development, and that's why it worked so well, at least in my opinion. With Claymore, the fact that it ended up turning into a contest of who could boost their power level more, and then everyone starts crying and they choose THAT moment to remind Clare again to live her life, struck me as an execution of vastly contrasting styles, and I felt it was in very poor taste.

Of course, the series wasn't bad overall. A bad ending doesn't ruin a whole series. I would've liked to give it a 7.5, but I ended up rounding to an 8.
Lemme smang it girl.
Jan 13, 2014 12:35 PM

May 2013
emeraldrosary said:
You're right there was some good character development, but I don't think that was the whole point of the ending.

Well that's fine, but personally I have no doubt in my mind considering the opening song "Raison D'être" which means reason for existence in English and is also the main theme of the series.

Teresa's purpose in life was carrying out her missions, but then after encountering the little girl she, as she said, found a new reason to live and it was out of her love for Clare. Don't forget Clare's also named after the Goddess of Love (not Goddess of Vengeance) so I think that should signify the direction of her character growth.
Jan 13, 2014 12:41 PM

Sep 2012
Being familiar with anime adaptations being unfaithful to the original material, I read that the last 3 episodes were not like the manga. Therefore, I can't even say one way or the other as to whether it was bad, because I didn't watch the last ones. I just went to the manga to continue the story. The manga is really good, you won't be disappointed.
Jan 14, 2014 8:52 PM

Dec 2012
emeraldrosary said:
I was greatly disappointed as well.

In fact, I was bored by the episode Rigardo showed up (in battle). It was starting to get a little to ridiculous by then.

agreed
my avatar is the bus driver from Rosario + Vampire

More topics from this board

Poll: » Claymore Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cyruz - Jun 14, 2007

70 by RGreatDanton »»
May 26, 10:13 PM

Poll: » Claymore Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cyruz - Jun 6, 2007

87 by RGreatDanton »»
May 26, 9:56 PM

Poll: » Claymore Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cyruz - May 9, 2007

85 by LavenderHaze »»
May 26, 9:45 PM

Poll: » Claymore Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cyruz - May 30, 2007

81 by RGreatDanton »»
May 26, 9:39 PM

Poll: » Claymore Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Sobzob - May 23, 2007

209 by RGreatDanton »»
May 26, 1:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.